Islamic Forum
atheism101

Quran Interpretation

I have always wondered why there is so little agreement over interpretation of the Quran. If God were to send this as the last message, shouldn't he have made it easy to understand?

I will ask what I think is a straightforward question about Quranic interpretation. Is the Quran literal or metaphorical? I understand that at certain points there are metaphors for sure because it actually somehow clarifies that it is a metaphor. What I am asking is, are parts such as the creation story to be taken literally? What about passages about Jinns, magic, mystical animals, etc? A metaphorical interpretation, at least to me (as an atheist), seems much more believable. It also makes it seem more likely to be from a God if it has a grander meaning that we have to unlock.

The problem with a literal interpretation is, for example, it expects us to believe in direct creation despite evidence of evolution. It expects us to believe in magic when there is no such thing that has been shown to exist. It expects us to believe in divine miracles such as someone talking to animals, even though many (most?) animals are incapable of complex language.

The problem with a metaphorical interpretation, though, is that it is difficult to understand. The grander meaning is great, but it is difficult to know where to stop. How do we know if God isn't a metaphor for, say, a purpose to life?

So the metaphorical interpretation is more believable but also more difficult. Shouldn't the prophet have told us which it is - literal or metaphorical?

I have always wondered why there is so little agreement over interpretation of the Quran. If God were to send this as the last message, shouldn't he have made it easy to understand?

I will ask what I think is a straightforward question about Quranic interpretation. Is the Quran literal or metaphorical? I understand that at certain points there are metaphors for sure because it actually somehow clarifies that it is a metaphor. What I am asking is, are parts such as the creation story to be taken literally? What about passages about Jinns, magic, mystical animals, etc? A metaphorical interpretation, at least to me (as an atheist), seems much more believable. It also makes it seem more likely to be from a God if it has a grander meaning that we have to unlock.

The problem with a literal interpretation is, for example, it expects us to believe in direct creation despite evidence of evolution. It expects us to believe in magic when there is no such thing that has been shown to exist. It expects us to believe in divine miracles such as someone talking to animals, even though many (most?) animals are incapable of complex language.

The problem with a metaphorical interpretation, though, is that it is difficult to understand. The grander meaning is great, but it is difficult to know where to stop. How do we know if God isn't a metaphor for, say, a purpose to life?

So the metaphorical interpretation is more believable but also more difficult. Shouldn't the prophet have told us which it is - literal or metaphorical?

I like to think it is a mix of both. Anytime there is mention of a "Sign," I believe there are both literal and metaphorical meanings. Social laws are definitely literal.

I like to think it is a mix of both. Anytime there is mention of a "Sign," I believe there are both literal and metaphorical meanings. Social laws are definitely literal.

So at the very least, all the literal aspects are true? Even things we know to be unscientific?

So at the very least, all the literal aspects are true? Even things we know to be unscientific?

such as?

such as?

You're kidding right?

Such as a stick becoming a snake. Such as a sea splitting in half. Such as a man that could talk to animals. Such as direct literal creation. Need I go on?

You're kidding right?

Such as a stick becoming a snake. Such as a sea splitting in half. Such as a man that could talk to animals. Such as direct literal creation. Need I go on?

Apart from the belief that miracles do happen, there is also the need to distinguish miracles from stories. Consider this:

Christopher Columbus, in order to try to show the possibility of sailing westwards towards India (as he thought), quoted from a book of the Bible, “On the third day thou didst command the waters to be gathered together in the seventh part of the earth; six parts thou didst dry up†(Apocrypha, 2 Esdras 6:42; also known as 4 Esdras): if only a seventh of the earth is water then it could not be too far to sail. However, that the sea does indeed occupy only a seventh of the surface of the earth can be easily deduced, as follows:

King Solomon for his temple, “made the Sea of cast bronze {for washing, Quran 34:13 'basons as large as reservoirs'}, ten cubits from one brim to the other; it was completely round … It stood on twelve oxen … It was a handbreadth thick†(1 Kings 7:23,25,26). Now a cubit is about 45cm, and so a handbreadth of about 10cm would then equate to a handbreadth being 1/9th of a cubit, or about 0.222 cubits. Hence this gives us a radius for the ‘sea’ of 10/2 + 0.222=5.222 cubits. So its surface area is given by 'pi r squared'=85.70 square cubits (using the ancient approximation pi=22/7); so seven times this gives us a total surface area for the earth as being 599.9 square cubits.

However, in the temple the sanctuary in-front of the Holy of Holies was 20 cubits wide, and 30 cubits long (see 1 Kings 6:2,3,16,17, and (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/First_Temple)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/First_Temple)[/url]. Therefore the surface area of the sanctuary is 20*30=600 square cubits, which agrees very well with the 599.9 square cubits deduced above.

As such, the seas described on the third day of creation (see Genesis 1:9,10) refer to the bronze ‘sea’ used for washing, and so the floor in King Solomon’s temple was referred to as the ‘earth’.

A "literal creation"? The creation stories of the Bible and Quran are about the temple, which was itself a symbol of the whole creation (earth and heaven). Reality is far more beautiful than that of mere stories!

"sea splitting in half": to what extent the Hebrews were around at the time of the Exodus from Egypt is a matter of great debate. However, just a little pointer:

He {Solomon} then made ten bronze basins, each holding forty baths and measuring four cubits across, one basin to go on each of the ten stands. He placed five of the stands on the south side of the temple and five on the north.

1Ki 7:38-39

So as you walked along in the temple (it was built facing west), you walked between 5 large basins of water on either side. Hmmm … a symbol of walking between walls of water, sea being split in half? (Also, as the floor temple was raised up, so this could also be seen as walking on water. Now which Prophet is famous for walking on water?)

The stories of ancient israel (Solomon and before) are told in the symbolism used to describe the rituals inside Solomon's temple, or things relating to it. Did Jinn really help Solomon build the temple, or is there a deeper meaning … ?

There are numerous places in the Quran and hadith (and other Jewish and Christian literature) where knowledge of Solomon's temple is shown in the symbolic language used. Once you grasp how the ancient mind worked with its symbolism, a whole new world opens up.

A good place to start reading about all this is a (pdf) paper on 'Paradise Lost':

... the Adam stories in Genesis must be read for what they are - not just a primitive description of how the world came to be made, but the means by which profound issues were addressed in a culture which had storytellers rather than philosophers.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmargaretbarker(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Papers/ParadiseLost.pdf"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmargaretbarker(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Papers/ParadiseLost.pdf[/url]

Richard

:sl:

I am not sure I understand your point. Are you saying that nothing in any of the religious books is real and just meant symbolic?

What is the difference between a miracle and a story?

Whether or not a particular story or anecdote surrounding the voyages of Columbus is true or not is not so relevant, as the overall result is verifiable.

With a miracle, this is different. I don't see any aspect of the moon having been split or that hitting a corpse with a piece of steak will cause it to get up being true.

I would agree - if I understand this right - that stories such as the creation story is based on ancient myths which can be found in all ancient civilisations.

Bismillah.

Innalhamdulillah was-salaatu was-salaam 'Alaa rasoolallah

Assalamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh to the muslims and may God Guide those who reject to the truth.

I have always wondered why there is so little agreement over interpretation of the Quran.

question: Have you taken a consensus of scholarly opinions on usool at-tafseer (the principles of interpretation) to conclude that there is little agreement?

Note: It is not enough to see the average joe smoe talking about it without a proper education (kind of like people talking about complicated medical surgery while not even attending high school ie- their opinion doesn't really have any substance).

If God were to send this as the last message, shouldn't he have made it easy to understand?

And We have indeed made the Quran easy to understand and remember, then is there any that will remember (or receive admonition)? 54:17

First Read this: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/ref/103146/unclear%20verses"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/...nclear%20verses[/url]

Then reflect over this:

There are straight forward verses (ayat mohkmat) where Allah (swt) says Do or Do not do this. These verses along with the method/teachings of the prophet (pbuh) give us the laws that if we were to follow we will not stray from the correct way.

Verses that are not entirely clear (ayat mutashabihat) are either

1. Explained by the prophet (pbuh) and what he taught his companions (those who witnessed the revelation).

2. Understood in light of other verses (i.e. one verses is explained by another)

3. Understood by the context/reason of revelation (what was going on at the time when it was revealed, sometimes a verse came as a response to a situation or question, etc..)

Regarding the metaphors it is a way of beautifying or strengthening the meaning and does not normally have the do's or dont's and anyone would be very blessed if they can comprehend those metaphors but it wouldn’t harm them if they didn’t.

Allah said:

Indeed, Allah is not timid to present an example - that of a mosquito or what is smaller than it. And those who have believed know that it is the truth from their Lord. But as for those who disbelieve, they say, "What did Allah intend by this as an example?" He misleads many thereby and guides many thereby. And He misleads not except the defiantly disobedient (evil doers, wicked, sinners) 2:26

In a nutshell: Those people, who refuse to be pious they continue to perform wicked deeds and when you call them to be good… they play games with these verses subsequently avoiding the command at hand. Rather than reform themselves in accordance to the revelation (which if they were to do the verses would make sense and they would benefited) they persist to sin and as a result are left wandering in misguidance.

this is just a touch of the truth of the matter.. this topic to be discuss with justice would require a book (if not volumes of books).

The problem with a literal interpretation is, for example, it expects us to believe in direct creation despite evidence of evolution.

Actually the literal interpretation doesn’t tell us that in the example you mentioned. To be more specific I would have to know what your definition of “direct creation” is. We can discuss it further then…

Generally:

This verse mentions the origin of creation and is literally correct:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamreligion(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/articles/212/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamreli...m/articles/212/[/url]

this verse mentions the creation of mountains and is literally correct:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamreligion(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/articles/215/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamreli...m/articles/215/[/url]

this verse mentions the current universe expanding and it is literally correct:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamreligion(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/articles/1560/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamreli.../articles/1560/[/url]

this verse mention the source of iron and is literally correct:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamreligion(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/articles/562/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamreli...m/articles/562/[/url]

Its easy to understand. Read the Quran front to back.. In light of all the verses its impossible to think that ‘god’ is a metaphor.

btw: purpose of life is stated in many verses:

“Did you think that We had created you in play (without any purpose), and that you would not be brought back to Us?”

[al-Mu’minoon 23:115]

“We created not the heavens and the earth and all that is between them for a (mere) play”

[al-Anbiya’ 21:16]

“And We created not the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them, for mere play.

39. We created them not except with truth (i.e. to examine and test those who are obedient and those who are disobedient and then reward the obedient ones and punish the disobedient ones), but most of them know not”

[al-Dukhaan 44:38]

3. We created not the heavens and the earth and all that is between them except with truth, and for an appointed term. But those who disbelieve, turn away from that whereof they are warned”

[al-Ahqaaf 46:1-3]

“Who has created death and life that He may test you which of you is best in deed. And He is the All Mighty, the Oft Forgiving”

[al-Mulk 67:2]

And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me. ( our purpose in this life is to turn to god and prepare to return to him) 51:56

He did explain to us (saws) thru word and example.

If you read what I posted above these questions should have been answered. Let me know if you still would like to discuss it further.

Edited by Abdul Waduod

ps. imagine you didn't have the scientific knowledge that you have today..

would you believe that i could talk to a person on the other side of the world?

would you believe that i could record an event today and watch in the future?

would you believe that i could make it to the moon?

would you believe that i could burn something without fire?

would you believe that i could see your bones without cutting your skin?

would you think that i'm nuts and am speaking metaphorically?

You believe in gradual evolution? yet you don't believe something can instantly transform?

Look around you.. look at how amazing the creation of the world/universe is. Don't you think the one who made that has the ability to make a mere staff turn into a mere snake?

Allah said: "Indeed, I know that which you do not know."

Edited by Abdul Waduod

ps. imagine you didn't have the scientific knowledge that you have today..

would you believe that i could talk to a person on the other side of the world?

would you believe that i could record an event today and watch in the future?

would you believe that i could make it to the moon?

would you believe that i could burn something without fire?

would you believe that i could see your bones without cutting your skin?

would you think that i'm nuts and am speaking metaphorically?

You believe in gradual evolution? yet you don't believe something can instantly transform?

Look around you.. look at how amazing the creation of the world/universe is. Don't you think the one who made that has the ability to make a mere staff turn into a mere snake?

Allah said: "Indeed, I know that which you do not know."

Dont you think that this same being could come up a book understandable to every1, negating the need for this debate?

Dont you think that this same being could come up a book understandable to every1, negating the need for this debate?

Yes He absolutely could.

Fortunate for us that His wisdom is complete (unlike ours). Look up in the sky.. you see any fault in his creation? Your eyes will lower unable to find any fault. The one who make this creation perfectly.. send down the book perfectly. we on the other hand can not make the perfect sky nor come up with a perfect book. Only people of arrogance and ignorance will say: why didn't he do it this way or that way..

He clearly didnt send a perfect book. not every1 is a muslim.

Finding a fault in the sky?

Please im not a child or mentally challenged.

if I give someone perfect directions and they choose not to use them then you can't blame the directions.

Edited by Abdul Waduod

if I give someone perfect directions and they choose not to use them then you can't blame the directions.

I am not lost and don't ask for directions.

If I don't follow the directions I do not need and did not ask for, I get tortured.

Yes He absolutely could.

Fortunate for us that His wisdom is complete (unlike ours). Look up in the sky.. you see any fault in his creation? Your eyes will lower unable to find any fault. The one who make this creation perfectly.. send down the book perfectly. we on the other hand can not make the perfect sky nor come up with a perfect book. Only people of arrogance and ignorance will say: why didn't he do it this way or that way..

I know this is an old topic but I wanted to respond anyway.

1. Demonstrate that it is "creation" and not the result of natural processes that we fully understand.

2. What classifies as a "fault"? How about depleting ozone layers? God's design wasn't human-proof?

What about passages about Jinns, magic, mystical animals, etc? A metaphorical interpretation, at least to me (as an atheist), seems much more believable. It also makes it seem more likely to be from a God if it has a grander meaning that we have to unlock.

Jinns are only supernatural beings can be proven by expermients, but you cant prove angels or God with experments, while you can do it with Jinns.

You can feel them inside your body if they enter it, during Ruqya/Islamic exorcism.

magic

There is no such magic as you can see in disney cartoon or movies, but there is another type of Magic , it is called Sihr/ black magic, wich can create illsions in the eyes, and can cause severe problems for humans who are affected by Black magic. They do a lot of black magic in woodoo.

2002 , i have experienced my first contact with Jinns during Ruqya.

mystical animals, etc?

there is no mystical animal in quran, if you think that mystical animals like ants, bees, spider, donkey, horses, cow, birds, elephant and so on, then i dont have comment at that :D

there is no mystical animal in quran, if you think that mystical animals like ants, bees, spider, donkey, horses, cow, birds, elephant and so on, then i dont have comment at that :D

This point deserves a separate response. Quran 17:1 mentions the miraj, and hadith adds the details of the mystical animal known as the buraq. Or are you one who does not follow hadith at all? How about the beast that is supposed to come near end times, or the different animals that are supposed to be in paradise right now?

Jinns are only supernatural beings can be proven by expermients, but you cant prove angels or God with experments, while you can do it with Jinns.

You can feel them inside your body if they enter it, during Ruqya/Islamic exorcism.

I am glad you have admitted to this supernatural claim being testable. Care to offer the evidence now?

There is no such magic as you can see in disney cartoon or movies, but there is another type of Magic , it is called Sihr/ black magic, wich can create illsions in the eyes, and can cause severe problems for humans who are affected by Black magic. They do a lot of black magic in woodoo.

Wonderful. Want to prove it?

2002 , i have experienced my first contact with Jinns during Ruqya.

Great, but in science, testimonial evidence is pretty much the lowest form of evidence.

This point deserves a separate response. Quran 17:1 mentions the miraj, and hadith adds the details of the mystical animal known as the buraq. Or are you one who does not follow hadith at all? How about the beast that is supposed to come near end times, or the different animals that are supposed to be in paradise right now?

Buraq is animal from another dimension, another parallell universe, it was brouth by anngel Gabriel, so Muhammed could ride it trough dimensions. Ok, i can understand it sounds sci-fi for you, but what about our modern scientists who promote such idea of parallell universe, astronomers talk about it

look here

How about the beast that is supposed to come near end times, or the different animals that are supposed to be in paradise right now?

that is animal not monster, wich will come out from the earth, so what about it, when we today find strange animals all the time why is it strange if we find this animal from earth in future?

i can show you many newly discovered animals, so why is it strange if we find this animal in future?

479 profile_sm.gifhotmail.com"]email_sm.gifim_on.gif xx.gif

Slike cudnih zivotinja, raznolikost Allahovog stvaranja

« u: December 10, 2010, 23:28:44 » quote.gifmodify.gif

Yoda Bat , from Papue Nova Guneya

papua-new-guinea-new-species-bat_27185_600x450.jpg

Sneezing Snub-Nosed Monkey

snub-nosed-sneezing-monkey-found-eaten_27911_600x450.jpg

Squid Worm

census-marine-life-best-pictures-41_27022_600x450.jpg

paradise_bird.jpg

red-bird-615.jpg

MM7163_06091310638.jpg

lawess_parotia_1.jpg

paradisaea_1.jpg

Resplendent_Quetzal.jpg

lobsterfb1.jpg

072010190732iz0e79u186w.jpg

aferim.png

bezze.png

or these

png-frog.jpg

vX90r12ANjY.gif

umbrella_mouth_gulper_eel.jpg

basketwork_eel.jpg

makro-foto05.jpg

aardvark.jpg

happyfish.jpg

AtlanticLionfish.jpg

Peacock_clown_Mantis_Shrimp2.jpg

P02-120214-2.jpg

glaucus-marginatus-nudibranch-plain_72619_1.jpg

I am glad you have admitted to this supernatural claim being testable. Care to offer the evidence now?

Great, but in science, testimonial evidence is pretty much the lowest form of evidence.

do you want to test it?

stay in front of your computer, shut your eyes, relax, focus on this recitation 30 minutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1A--LOuEEw

if Jinns are inside the body, quran recitation will burn them and they will run trough your body via blood, it can cause you headeche, nossea, vomiting, that something pulls you back or forward, preassure in some parts of the body, shaking of some parts of the body and so on...

if you dare try it, and you will feel them with your own body. This is very well known stuff in Islamic world, wich you atheists dont know anything about. This kind of healing is alien for your.

no you dont, becuse black magic is not funny stuff, with black magic you can cause people to commit suicide, get into nightmares, fobias, cause you impotent so you cant have kids, cause you to divorce your wife and such evil stuff. That is what black magic do.

i know, but that is not something you feel in the soul, it is something you feel with your body, like when i touch your hand, i feel you, same with Jinnsduring Islamic exorcism.

So this is something testable, i would love to show that to some doctors or pshyciatrists so they can study these stuff.

It is Jinns who cause such paranormal activity, Poltergeist

or these

This is a bit excessive, don't you think? Also, just because we see animals that we normally do not see does not warrant us to claim that any sort of animal is possible. If you recall, my original claim was simply that there are mystical animals, and you have already conceded the point but are now trying to show that these mystical animals are possible.

do you want to test it?

stay in front of your computer, shut your eyes, relax, focus on this recitation 30 minutes

I don't have that kind of time. I'm also sorry to say that tingling feelings don't count as evidence.

if Jinns are inside the body, quran recitation will burn them and they will run trough your body via blood, it can cause you headeche, nossea, vomiting, that something pulls you back or forward, preassure in some parts of the body, shaking of some parts of the body and so on...

if you dare try it, and you will feel them with your own body. This is very well known stuff in Islamic world, wich you atheists dont know anything about. This kind of healing is alien for your.

Assertions...

No guys, you don't understand. There IS a monster under the bed. We monster-under-the-bedians know this, but you non-monster-under-the-bedians simply don't understand. If you stand on your head on your bed for 30 minutes, you will feel a tingly feeling which is proof that there is a monster under the bed.

no you dont, becuse black magic is not funny stuff, with black magic you can cause people to commit suicide, get into nightmares, fobias, cause you impotent so you cant have kids, cause you to divorce your wife and such evil stuff. That is what black magic do.

More assertions...How about this: can you get someone to curse me? Make me fail all my classes or something.

i know, but that is not something you feel in the soul, it is something you feel with your body, like when i touch your hand, i feel you, same with Jinnsduring Islamic exorcism.

So this is something testable, i would love to show that to some doctors or pshyciatrists so they can study these stuff.

Let me know when you have real evidence.

This is a bit excessive, don't you think? Also, just because we see animals that we normally do not see does not warrant us to claim that any sort of animal is possible. If you recall, my original claim was simply that there are mystical animals, and you have already conceded the point but are now trying to show that these mystical animals are possible.

If there is parallell universes, and if there is posibility to go from universe to universe, like angel gabriel did when he brouth this animal called Buraq. How can we be so sure what Muhamed spoke is the true?

You see , when you analyze Muhammed's life, he is the most honest and trustworthy person in history.

"Muhammad al-Amin" (Muhammad the Trustworthy)

One year, the people of Meccah were rebuilding the holy Kabah. The holy Kabah is the first house of worship ever built on earth, and it was the Holy Prophet Ibrahim and his son Ismail (a.s.) who built it. Now all the people of Meccah were working together to rebuild it.

The wall of the Kabah reached the special place where the black stone called al-Hajar al-Aswad' had to be placed. Al-Hajar al-'Aswad is a very respected part of the Kabah.

Each of the nobles of Meccah wanted to gain prestige and honor for himself and his tribe by placing the black stone in its special position. Gradually a huge quarrel broke out and work came to a halt. All the nobles were saying, "No, I must be the one to place Al-Hajar al-'Aswad in position."

The conflict became very severe, and the situation became dangerous. Meccah was on the verge of civil war, and the nobles began giving instructions to their tribes and clans to make ready for battle. It was then that a wise man spoke up. "Oh people, he said, "Do not make war upon each other. War leads to the destruction of houses and cities and causes misery and hardship amongst the people. Do not follow the ways of ignorance; find the solution to your problem."

"What shall we do'?" asked the Meccan nobles. "What is the solution to our problem?" "You must select an arbitrator, said the wise man, "to arbitrate between you and put an end to your conflict." "We accept," the nobles said, in unison. "This is a good suggestion but who is to arbitrate?" All the nobles wanted the arbitrator to be from their own tribe, so that he would rule in their favor. Again the project led to a dispute.

That same wise man then made another suggestion.

"Since you are unable to agree in choosing an arbitrator," he said, "appoint the first person who enters al-Masjid al-Haram to arbitrate among you.

"The first person to enter from this door." he added, pointing to one of the Sacred Masjid's doors."

"We agree," they all said. Their eyes were staring at the door. They were all anxious and their thoughts were centred on who was going to enter the door and arbitrate between them and in favor of which tribe.

A young man entered, and everyone was relieved. It's Muhammad." they started saying. "Muhammad al 'Amin, Muhammad the Trustworthy, who could be better'?

We accept his arbitration." As Muhammad entered the Sacred Masjid, all the people crowded around him and told him all about this conflict. Thinking for a moment, Muhammad then told them:

"All the leading men of Meccah must share in this important work." The people were surprised. "How is it possible?" they asked themselves.

Muhammad gave instructions for the head of each tribe to be present. When they were all present, Muhammad (s.a.w.) took his cloak, spread it on the ground, and placed al-Hajar al-'Aswad upon it. Then he told all the chiefs to pick up the cloak together, and bring it to the side of the Kabah.

Then, when they had done so, Muhammad gently nudged al-Hajar al-'Aswad into its special position.

All the people of Meccah were satisfied and pleased, and congratulated Muhammad on his expertise. At that time, Muhammad was still young and had not yet been given his prophetic mission.

However, he was so honest and truthful that he was known as Muhammad al-Amin, meaning "Muhammad the Trustworthy".

The people had complete confidence in him and entrusted to him their valuables. He took great care to look after these trusts and to return them safely to their owners whenever they wanted them. The people used to turn to him to settle their differences and disputes, and everyone used to accept his arbitration.

THIS IS WHAT MUHAMMED SAID ABOUT LYING:

1542. Ibn Mas'ud stated that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Truthfulness leads to piety and piety leads to the Garden. A man should be truthful until he is written down as truthful with Allah. Lying leads to deviance and deviance leads to the Fire. A man will lie until he is written down as a liar with Allah." [Agreed upon]

1543. 'Abdullah ibn 'Amr is that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "If anyone has four characteristics, he is a pure hypocrite, and if anyone has one of them, he has an aspect of hypocrisy until he gives it up: whenever he is trusted, he betrays his trust; whenever he speaks, he lies; when he makes an agreement, he breaks it; and when he quarrels, he deviates from the truth by speaking falsely." [Agreed upon]

1545. Ibn 'Umar reported said that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "The worst of lies is when a man says his eyes have seen something which they have not seen." [al-Bukhari]

Is it logic that he would go against his own teachings, telling that lies are sin, wich lead to Hell, and that he do it by himself, telling lies to people, not logical at all.

Enemies of Muhammed doubted that his visited Jerusalem in one night with this animal called Buraq, so they started to question him

Volume 5, Book 58, Number 226:

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:

That he heard Allah's Apostle saying, "
When the people of Quraish did not believe me (i.e. the story of my Night Journey), I stood up in Al-Hijr and Allah displayed Jerusalem in front of me, and I began describing it to them while I was looking at it
."

I don't have that kind of time. I'm also sorry to say that tingling feelings don't count as evidence.

More assertions...How about this: can you get someone to curse me? Make me fail all my classes or something.

if you dont dare to try this and see my evidence, then you have no right speaking against it. it is not fair to talk against it as long as you have not try it.

How about this: can you get someone to curse me? Make me fail all my classes or something.

maybe if he do some black magic on you, so you cant focus on your studies, so you fail.

i give you evidence wich you dont dare to see , or try.

I told you how you gonna confirm existence of Jinns, and you did not do it. So how can i convince you when you dont want to be convinced or , maybe you are scared to try it, maybe that is the problem :)