Islamic Forum
missjupiter

Racism Against Black People In Islam

Arabia was and still have many dark color skin (nearly black) people, before and after Islam. color never had any thing to do in Islam

i collected 3 photos of the #1 Saudi football team, in three different 3 years.

some one tells me who is the black and who is the non-black here??

z1.jpg

PropellerAds
:sl:

This is not true. Ibn Jarir at-Tabari's (rah) views are considered authentic in Islam. Tabari (rah) is well respected. Like I said, at-Tabari collected every hadith regardless of authencity. Not because he was incompetent, but because he wanted to document everything. Though you would be correct to say that not every hadith in Tabari's collection is considered authentic or acceptable. Don't speak badly about scholars.

æ Úáíßã ÇáÓáÇã æ ÑÍãÉ Çááå

you are right brother, the great scholar at-Tabari's along with many other great scholars did record most of information they have at their time, Authentic and non-Authentic hadeeths, quatations from the people of the book, at the time. as i know Ibn Katheer mentioned why they did so, "to preserve knowladge, regardless authenticity, to the next generations who can check it"

and so the relativily new scholars did so, they revised and verified the old books and show the authentisity of the hadeethes and quatations,

and so it's highly recommended to have, for example, "Tafseer Ibn Katheer, verified and revised", to avoid mixing things up.

Allah knows best

The slave doesn't inherit the master. I don't think Napoleon is a trusted source on details of Islamic jursiprudence.

ÇáÓáÇã Úáíßã æ ÑÍãÉ Çááå , íÇ ÃÎì

yes, he should not inherit his master. unless the man gave that to his boy (or write it in his will), it's allowed to give out, as a gift, from you monry, will, to any one up to the third.

yes brother, Napoleon is not an Islamic source or legeslator. i just quated what he said to show, how far he was facinated by the good deeling with what he name slaves.

Good job copying and pasting bigotted stuff, especially when you lied about doing any self research.

Just for the sake of it, i'll expose your mistakes.

And for the record, you never proved or showed anywhere how the Prophet(pbuh) or Islam is racist, nor did you prove any racism in Early periods of Islam. You only pasted a text which quote mines a few scholars (most of them known for holding deviant views/others misrepresented) throughout a 14 century history in which there have been thousands of scholars.

Perhaps you should review my post again because I did not state that Islam is racist, I asked if the quotes were authentic. My curiosity was aroused after a discussion with a friend, and after doing some research I decided to seek help on this forum rather than believing everything I read. I did not lie. Perhaps the world should not bother asking Muslims questions about their religion if charges of lying will be levelled against those who enquire in the quest for the truth.

My friend e-mailed me this:

Abu Darda' reported God's messenger as saying, "God created Adam when He created him and struck his right shoulder and brought forth his offspring white like small ants. And he struck his left shoulder and brought forth his offspring BLACK as though they were charcoal. Then He said to the party on his right said, 'To paradise, and I do not care', and He said to the party in his left shoulder 'To hell, and I do not care'." Ahmad transmitted it. (Mishkat Al Masabih, English translation with explanatory notes by Dr. James Robson [sh. Muhammad Ahsraf Publishers, Booksellers & Exporters, Lahore-Pakistan, Reprint 1990], Volume I, Chapter IV, Book I.- Faith, pp. 31-32)

Narrated AbudDarda'

Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: Allah created Adam when He had to create him and He struck his right shoulder and there emitted from it white offspring as if they were white ants. He struck his left shoulder and there emitted from it THE BLACK OFFSPRINGS as if they were charcoal. He then said (to those who had been emitted) from the right (shoulder): For Paradise and I do not mind. Then He said to those (who had been emitted) from his left shoulder: They are for Hell and I do not mind.

Transmitted by Ahmad. (Al-Tirmidhi Hadith, Number 38- ALIM CD ROM Version)

Are these authentic? (Sorry to perseveranze and whoever else objects to such a question being asked.

Is there a website where a hadith can be authenticated?

Yes, those two hadiths are authentic.

I think that a great distinction should be made in this topic between "Islam" and "Muslims". Saying, "Islam encourages dog beating because Ahmed beats his dog" is wrong.

Missjupiter, the Hadiths that a majority of us Muslims follow have been compiled and recorded by two men: Bukhari and Muslim. We are not scholars and therefore can't say a lot about the authenticity of Hadiths because we are lacking their chains of narration and other important information. However, I can answer your question about the Hadiths you mentioned last, in the context of the Qur'an and Hadiths.

Narrated AbudDarda'

Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: Allah created Adam when He had to create him and He struck his right shoulder and there emitted from it white offspring as if they were white ants. He struck his left shoulder and there emitted from it THE BLACK OFFSPRINGS as if they were charcoal. He then said (to those who had been emitted) from the right (shoulder): For Paradise and I do not mind. Then He said to those (who had been emitted) from his left shoulder: They are for Hell and I do not mind.

The whiteness/blackness referred to in this Hadith is not skin, but the good and evil of man. This is evidenced by these verses of the Qur'an:

"On the Day when some faces will be white, and some faces will be black: To those whose faces will be black, (will be said): "Did ye reject Faith after accepting it? Taste then the penalty for rejecting Faith." [3:106]

It says some faces will be white and others black on the Day of Judgment. Is it referring to the skin color of the people? No, it's referring to whether or not they believed. The believers' faces will be lit up with joy and relief, whereas the disbelievers' faces will be black with gloom. Allah tells us in this verse that the people with black faces on the Day of Judgment are those who rejected faith. Meaning that they had the option of attaining white faces, but because of their disbelief, their faces are now black.

I think these verse in Surah Abasa drive the point home:

38 . Some faces that Day will be beaming,

39 . Laughing, rejoicing.

40 . And other faces that Day will be dust-stained,

41 . Blackness will cover them:

42 . Such will be the Rejecters of Allah, the doers of iniquity.

Another verse that emphasizes that it's not those with black skin color that are created for Hell, but rather, their faces will be MADE black because of their evil. Of course, this still doesn't mean that their skin color will be made black, since this refers to the blackness of gloom and fear and regret.

"On the Day of Judgment wilt thou see those who told lies against Allah;- their faces will be turned black. Is there not in Hell an abode for the Haughty?" [39:60]

Now in this context, look at the Hadiths again. If Allah says in the Hadith that those who are white will go to Heaven and those that are black will go to Hell, is He talking about the skin color, or is he talking about the contrast between black and white, with white representing light and guidance, and black representing the lack of the light and disbelief?

This Hadith will answer that question. It also addresses the creation of Adam.

"Narrated by Abu Musa Al-Ash'ari: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: Allah created Adam from a handful taken from throughout the earth. So the sons of Adam vary as the earth varies, so they are white and red and black and colors in between, evil and good, easy-going or difficult or something in between." (Abu Dawud, #4693 - Classed Sahih By Abu Dawud & Sheikh Albani)

This means that the soil that Adam was created from varied in color. Some like white sand, some red, some black soil, etc. And just like how soil is so different, man is also different.

THIS Hadith refers to skin color. It makes no claim that black people are evil or that white people are evil. I hope you understand better now that you've seen the context.

Salam.

Zaid bin Haritha (ra) was an Arab. He was not black though he married an Ethiopian, Umm Ayman (ra).

Asalaamu Alaikum,

See Imam Zaid Shakir's book "reflections..." I believe he cited Ibn al-Atheer on this issue, in which he said that Zaid ibn Haritha [ra] was a short black Arab.

The other two you are right though, I checked the primary sources and they don't match.

This is not true. Ibn Jarir at-Tabari's (rah) views are considered authentic in Islam. Tabari (rah) is well respected. Like I said, at-Tabari collected every hadith regardless of authencity. Not because he was incompetent, but because he wanted to document everything. Though you would be correct to say that not every hadith in Tabari's collection is considered authentic or acceptable. Don't speak badly about scholars.

Brother, this is not what I meant. I do respect Al Tabari, but one thing that has been evident is the critisim Tabari has had in regards to his views from many Classical Scholars alike.

Read this -

Question:

I noticed a few troubling quotes in Tabari, such as a narration about Abu Bakr ordering Fatima’s house to be attacked. Can you please tell me: how authentic or reliable of a source do we Sunnis view Tabari?

Answer:

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

All Praise is due to Allah, Lord of all the worlds.

Tareekh at-Tabari was a voluminous text compiled by Imam Ibn Jarir at-Tabari (may Allah be pleased with him). Imam at-Tabari followed the classic methodology of early Islamic historians, a process which differed greatly from modern day historical writers. Islamic historians would simply compile all the known narrations about a certain event, regardless of how authentic or reliable each of those narrations were. They would copy the Isnads (chains of transmitters) into their books, in order that the Muhaditheen (scholars of Hadith) could determine which narration was Sahih/Hasan (authentic/good) and which was Dhaeef (weak) or even Mawdoo (fabricated). In other words, the historians compiled the narrations, and the Muhaditheen authenticated them.

Therefore, based on the above, we find that Tareekh at-Tabari is simply a collection of narrations on certain events; some of these narrations are accurate, whereas others are not. The authenticity of each narration depends on the Isnad (chain of transmitters): if the narration was transmitted by reliable narrators, then it would be accepted as valid, but if it was transmitted by unreliable people, then the narration was to be disregarded. As such, we find that it is ignorant of the enemies of Islam that they assume that we Sunnis accept every narration in Tareekh at-Tabari as valid, when in fact this is not the case nor has any Sunni scholar ever accepted this–not even Imam at-Tabari himself! Imam at-Tabari clearly says in the introduction of his book that the narrations found in his book are only as good as the people who narrate them. If the compiler of the book does not view all of the narrations as authentic, then it is indeed absurd for the Shia to assume that we accept each and every single narration in Tareekh at-Tabari. Tabari says in a disclaimer in the introduction of his book:

I shall likewise mention those (narrators) who came after them, giving additional information about them. I do this so that it can be clarified whose transmission (of traditions) is praised and whose information is transmitted, whose transmission is to be rejected and whose transmission is to be disregarded…The reader should know that with respect to all I have mentioned and made it a condition to set down in this book of mine, I rely upon traditions and reports which have been transmitted and which I attribute to their transmitters. I rely only very rarely upon (my own) rationality and internal thought processes. For no knowledge of the history of men of the past and of recent men and events is attainable by those who were not able to observe them and did not live in their time, except through information and transmission produced by informants and transmitters. This knowledge cannot be brought out by reason or produced by internal thought processes. This book of mine may contain some information mentioned by me on the authority of certain men of the past, which the reader may disapprove of and the listener may find detestable, because he can find nothing sound and no real meaning in it. In such cases, he should know that it is not my fault that such information comes to him, but the fault of someone who transmitted it to me. I have merely reported it as it was reported to me.

(Tareekh at-Tabari, Vol.1, Introduction)

Imam at-Tabari’s book was simply an attempt to place Hadiths into a chronological order so that they would read out like a historical narrative; therefore, Tabari–like Ibn Ishaq–did a wonderful job of creating one of the first books which placed Hadiths in a chronological order. However, Imam at-Tabari only placed them in the right order, but he did not authenticate them, nor did he claim that. It should be known that to the Sunnis, the only two books of Hadith which are considered completely authentic are the Sahihayn (Bukhari and Muslim). After these two books, there are four other books which are considered reliable, but which contain some authentic and some unauthentic Hadiths. As for Tareekh at-Tabari, it is considered less reliable than any of these six books of Hadith! If, for example, a Shia were to quote a Hadith from Sunan at-Tirmidhi, then we would have to look up the Isnad in order to verify its authenticity. If this is the case with Sunan at-Tirmidhi, one of the six books of Hadith, then what can be said of a book (i.e. Tareekh at-Tabari) which is of a lower status than the six? For that matter, Tareekh at-Tabari is not even a book of Hadith, but it is lower than that: it is a book of history, and as is well-known, the scholars of Hadith would criticize the historians for their lack of scruples when it came to using weak narrations.

The most authentic book of Shia Hadith is Al-Kafi, compiled by Imam al-Kulayni, i.e. “Thiqat al-Islamâ€. Yet, many times the Shia will adamantly deny Hadiths found in that book, and even go as far as to say that the book contains thousands of unauthentic Hadith. If this is the Shia attitude towards the book they claim is the most authentic, then it is absurd for the Shia to expect us to accept every narration found in at-Tabari’s book, when in fact we Sunnis view Imam at-Tabari’s book with less honor than the Shia view Imam al-Kulayni’s book. In Al-Kafi there are narrations from the mouths of the Shia Imams that mention how Ali ibn Abi Talib wed his daughter to Umar ibn al-Khattab. Yet, the Shia will claim that these are falsely attributed to the Imam; then why do the Shia balk when we say that not every narration in Imam at-Tabari’s book is authentic?

What we have stated above applies to books written by Islamic historians in general; as for Imam at-Tabari in particular, then it should be known that he was specifically criticized for his over-reliance on weak and unauthentic narrators. Imam at-Tabari wished to create a well-balanced book, which would contain both Sunni and Shia narrations. He felt that his book would be incomplete if he only included one side to the exclusion of the other. In fact, Imam at-Tabari used so many Shia narrators and included so many Shia narrations that he was accused of being a Shia Rafidhi. Furthermore, the rumors that Imam at-Tabari did not recognize the jurisprudential superiority of Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal further fueled the discontent towards Imam at-Tabari amongst the ranks of the Sunni orthodoxy. The Hanbalis–whom the Shia of today would refer to as the founding fathers of the “Wahabisâ€â€“rioted outside Imam at-Tabari’s home in protest. Franz Rosenthal of Yale University writes:

He [Tabari] was denounced by Abu Bakr b. Abi Dawood to the influential chamberlain of al-Muqtadir, Nas al-Qushoori. He [Tabari] was accused of Jahmite inclinations and extremist [shia] Rafidhi views and was forced to issue a denial…[of the] general accusations of dogmatic heresy and extremist Shi’ah sympathies which we hear about mainly in connection with quarrels with the Hanbalites…They [the Hanbalites] propagated the idea that he was a Shi’ah extremist and, ultimately, a heretic…Enraged Hanbalites thereupon stoned his residence and caused a serious disturbance which had to be subdued by force.

(Franz Rosenthal, General Introduction to “The History of al-Tabariâ€)

According to some sources, Imam at-Tabari issued a formal apology to the Hanbalis before his death; we read:

Tabari secluded himself in his house and produced his well-known book containing his apology to the Hanbalis. He mentioned his own legal views and dogmatic beliefs. He declared unreliable those who thought differently about him with respect to those matters…He extolled Ahmad ibn Hanbal and mentioned his legal views and dogmatic beliefs as being correct. He continued to refer to him constantly until he died.

(Irshad, Vol.6, p.437)

Therefore, it is not at all surprising that Tareekh at-Tabari would contain some narrations that the Shia would use against us; this was a consequence of Imam at-Tabari’s decision to compile both Sunni and Shia narrations, without commenting on their authenticity. Of course, the accusations against Imam at-Tabari that he was a Shia Rafidhi were one hundred percent incorrect; there is no doubt that Imam at-Tabari was a very respectable Imam of the Sunnis. He merely included Shia narrations/narrators based on the tradition of Islamic historians to simply compile Hadiths and to leave the authenticating to the Muhaditheen. So while we do not question the “Sunni-ness†of Imam at-Tabari, we bring up the point that people accused him of being a Shia Rafidhi to prove that the narrations found in Tareekh at-Tabari were never accepted by the mainstream Muslims as being one hundred percent authentic, and whoever would claim such a thing is a liar. The Shia narrations found in Tareekh at-Tabari were rejected back then, as they are now.

Not only did Imam at-Tabari include Shia narrations in his book, but he also included Christian and Zoroastrian accounts. This was in line with his belief of compiling a “balanced†book that would document all the various accounts from a variety of segments of the society. It is for this reason that some of the narrations in his book with regards to the story of Creation are not in line with the Islamic belief. Indeed, as we have stated repeatedly, not all the narrations in Tareekh at-Tabari can be accepted.

The Shia are allied with the other enemies of Islam when they use weak narrations in Tareekh at-Tabari in order to attack the mainstream Muslims. It was, after all, Salman Rushdie who used a narration in Tareekh at-Tabari to prove the story of the “Satanic verses.†And yet, we know that even though this narration is found in Tareekh at-Tabari, it is unauthentic as mentioned by Ibn Katheer and others. The methodology the Shia use to attack the mainstream Muslims is very similar to that employed by the apostates and avowed enemies of Islam. If the Shia propagandist would mock us when we doubt the authenticity of Tareekh at-Tabari, then let us mock them when they doubt the authenticity of their most authentic book of Hadith (i.e. Al-Kafi). If they insist that we accept every narration in Tareekh at-Tabari, then we insist that they accept every narration in Al-Kafi, that book which is full of Shirk, Kufr, and utter blasphemy. If they seek to weaken the Sunni position by bringing up narrations in Tareekh at-Tabari, then let us respond by toppling the Shia position by bringing up narrations in Al-Kafi.

To conclude, we say as Ibn Katheer said:

In these volumes, he [Tabari] reported the various narrations as they were transmitted and by whom. His discussion is a mixed bag of valuable and worthless, sound and unsound information. This is in keeping with the custom of many Hadith scholars who merely report the information they have on a subject and make no distinction between what is sound and what is weak.

(Ibn Katheer, al-Bidayah wa al-Nihayah, Vol.5, p.208)

As for the narration in Tareekh at-Tabari that the questioner mentioned, it is undoubtedly unauthentic. We will expound on this in a later article, Insha-Allah.

And Allah is the Source of all Strength

Ibn al-Hashimi, ######ahlelbayt(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

From: you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetahlelbayt(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/articles/Islam/tabari

Now, when Tabari said this (or apparently said this);

Arabs are the most noble people in lineage, the most prominent, and the best in deeds. Al-Tabari, Vol. 9, p. 69

Providing the meaning of this is what is presented and the words or context hasn't been twisted, then we know this was not based on Sahih hadiths or transmissions and for this reason would've been rejected by contemporary scholars.

What is accepted are few narrations that Tabari gives based on their chain of authenticity, for some he doesn't give a chain and thus it is rejected. That's why you need to be a scholar to even begin to read Tabari, to be able to differenciate truth from falsehood.

Amongst all the sources, Tabari and Ishaq are regarded as the weakest.

Abu Darda' reported God's messenger as saying, "God created Adam when He created him and struck his right shoulder and brought forth his offspring white like small ants. And he struck his left shoulder and brought forth his offspring BLACK as though they were charcoal. Then He said to the party on his right said, 'To paradise, and I do not care', and He said to the party in his left shoulder 'To hell, and I do not care'." Ahmad transmitted it. (Mishkat Al Masabih, English translation with explanatory notes by Dr. James Robson [sh. Muhammad Ahsraf Publishers, Booksellers & Exporters, Lahore-Pakistan, Reprint 1990], Volume I, Chapter IV, Book I.- Faith, pp. 31-32)

Narrated AbudDarda'

This is authentic, but your understanding of its context is inaccurate.

The "white and black" do not refer to the color of skin. Taking the Quran and Hadiths in context, those of the left shoulder are those sinners/disbelievers, who (based on their actions) are the ones spiritually of darkness and will experience gloominess. Moreover, Imam Nawawi in his commentary of Sahih Muslim explains that the narration refers to those who disbelieved & did evil deeds, when it talks about black (Source). A sheikh in this article states it refers to the evil actions of the disbelievers. For more information of this concept, we must go to the Hadiths.

"Narrated by Abu Musa Al-Ash'ari: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: Allah created Adam from a handful taken from throughout the earth. So the sons of Adam vary as the earth varies, so they are white and red and black and colors in between, evil and good, easy-going or difficult or something in between." (Abu Dawud, #4693 - Classed Sahih By Abu Dawud & Sheikh Albani - Source. Also In Musnad Ahmad, #19597 & #19659 - Declared Sahih By Sheikh Arna'oot - Source. Also [with slight variant wording] In: Sunan At-Tirmidhi, 2955 - Classed Hasan By Abu 'Issa Tirmidhi - Source).

Commentry on this;

His statement: (indeed Allah created Adam from a handful) if it is with a Dhamma on the Qaaf then it means handful and sometimes it comes with a fatha. 'Min' is for beginning which is connected to the word 'khalaq'. Or 'Min' is for explanation which is the (explaining the) state of Adam. (he took it) i.e. He ordered the angel to take it. (from all the Earth) he means from the face of it (the Earth). (and thus the progeny of Adam came according to the Earth.) i.e. the range of colours and nature of it (the Earth). (Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Al-Mubarakpuri - Tuhfat Al-Ahwadhi Bi-Sharh - Book Of Tafaseer Of The Quran - Source).

As we can see, the color shown in the above Hadiths here are associated with actions which people do & their nature. The harsh/evil people are of the left shoulder, and the pure/pious are of right. Notice how the Prophet compared the goodness/badness of all the sons with their colors. This clearly shows that the Prophet acknowledged that there are good and evil people, which can be on any color. It's certainly is not restricted to black people only as being sinners.

Are these authentic? (Sorry to perseveranze and whoever else objects to such a question being asked.

There's nothing wrong with asking questions. You said this;

I would just like some clarity after my black friend said that there were some racist Hadiths. I did research and I was surprised to find that there were some indeed.

That' the part I don't believe, especially when you came to the conclusion that the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) was racist. If you did research, you would've seen a contradiction and not made any conclusions but instead asked here.

Usually (speaking from experience), trolls copy and paste stuff from anti-Islam sites, they don't even read the content they're pasting and they try hard to come off as "geniune" and "sincere". Once you refute them, they make another topic a day later, this time it's on something like "slavery" and do the same thing.

So you have to understand that if you really want to know answers, then just be honest about it. Feel free to paste and copy and whatever, but don't try to make an assertion that you've done lots of research and you find such content to be authentic "indeed" as you said.

Thank you Redeem.

That' the part I don't believe, especially when you came to the conclusion that the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) was racist. If you did research, you would've seen a contradiction and not made any conclusions but instead asked here. Usually (speaking from experience), trolls copy and paste stuff from anti-Islam sites, they don't even read the content they're pasting and they try hard to come off as "geniune" and "sincere". Once you refute them, they make another topic a day later, this time it's on something like "slavery" and do the same thing.

So you have to understand that if you really want to know answers, then just be honest about it. Feel free to paste and copy and whatever, but don't try to make an assertion that you've done lots of research and you find such content to be authentic "indeed" as you said.

I have never claimed he was racist. I did a google search on racist hadiths and found them however, I know that there are authentic and inauthentic hadiths. If you continue to say that I said Muhammad was a racist I will report you to the moderators.

I couldn't find the sources of some while for others I found attribution. I never claimed to have done "lots" of research. I don't even know how to check if a hadith is authentic or not. There are "indeed" racist hadiths - whether they are authentic or not is another matter. I never claimed that what I posted was authentic, I asked for verification.

I no longer wish to discuss this with you because you clearly have your own ideas and fail to understand what I am saying.

Edited by missjupiter

Are these authentic? (Sorry to perseveranze and whoever else objects to such a question being asked).

i have a few questions for your friend too, if posible,

ask him, did he watch the movie that called the "ROOTS"? what do he think about it?

ask him how many konta kinte(s) had been kidnaped from his contenent? how many killed during hunting and how many during transportation?

ask him for how long the west kept kidnapping konta kinte(s)? how did they been abused generation after generation?

ask him too, when did the last racism law end in the USA, is it in 1982, as i can remember?

what was going on in South Africa for hundreds of years? and when did that end?

i have some photos for him, i wonna know his opinion about it?

zzzz.jpg

Edited by AHMAD_73

Assalam alaikum

Jazakum Allah khaira for this beneficial information.

Can anyone find the source of this (English or arabic )

Shem, the son of Noah was the father of the Arabs, the Persians, and the Greeks; Ham was the father of the Black Africans; and Japheth was the father of the Turks and of Gog and Magog who were cousins of the Turks. Noah prayed that the prophets and apostles would be descended from Shem and kings would be from Japheth. He prayed that the African’s color would change so that their descendants would be slaves to the Arabs and Turks. Al-Tabari, Vol. 2, p. 11,

Is it from Tareekh or tafseer ?

This is the Tareekh, i can't find it.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_ar.wikisource(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/%D8%AA%D8%A7%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%AE_%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B7%D8%A8%D8%B1%D9%8A/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AC%D8%B2%D8%A1_%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A3%D9%88%D9%84"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_ar.wikisource...%A3%D9%88%D9%84[/url]

What's written:

حدثنا القاسم، قال: حدثنا الحسين، قال: حدثنى حجاج، قال: قال ابن جريح: حدثتُ أن نوحًا حمل معه بنيه الثلاثة وثلاث نسوة لبنيه، وامرأة نوح، فهم ثمانية بأزواجهم، وأسماءُ بنيه: يافث، وحام، وسام. فأصاب حام امرأته في السفينة، فدعا نوح أن تغير نطفته، فجاء بالسودان.[using large font size is not allowed]

قد ذكرنا قبلُ عن رسول الله (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_ar.wikisource(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/%D9%85%D9%84%D9%81:%D8%B5%D9%84%D9%89_%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%84%D9%87_%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%8A%D9%87_%D9%88%D8%B3%D9%84%D9%85.svg"]######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_upload.wikimedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wikisource/ar/thumb/b/b7/%D8%B5%D9%84%D9%89_%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%84%D9%87_%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%8A%D9%87_%D9%88%D8%B3%D9%84%D9%85.svg/18px-%D8%B5%D9%84%D9%89_%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%84%D9%87_%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%8A%D9%87_%D9%88%D8%B3%D9%84%D9%85.svg.png[/img][/url] أنه قال في قوله الله عز وجل: " وجعلنا ذريته هم الباقين ": إنهم سام، وحام، ويافث.[using large font size is not allowed]

حدثني محمد بن سهل بن عسكر، قال: حدثنا إسماعيل بن عبد الكريم، قال: حدثنا عبد الصمد بن معقل، قال: سمعت وهب بن منبه، يقول: إن سام بن نوح أبو العرب وفارس والروم، وإن حام أبو السودان، وإن يافث أبو الترك وأبو بأجوج ومأجوج، وهو بنو عم الترك.[using large font size is not allowed]

وقيل: كانت زوجة يافث أربسيسة بنت مرازيل بن الدرمسيل بن محويل بن خنوخ بن قين بن آدم عليه السلام، فولدت له سبعة نفرا وامرأة[using large font size is not allowed].

So, Is the quote fabricated ?!

Edited by Absolute truth

'This is quite a sensitive topic and I hope that no one is offended. I would just like some clarity after my black friend said that there were some racist Hadiths. I did research and I was surprised to find that there were some indeed. In theory, Islam supposedly does not support racism, however why do so many hadiths (globally accepted or not) and writings by Islamic scholars seem to be against black people portraying them in a negative light? I would suppose that such attitudes are the root of racism towards black people in the Arab world today, as well as centuries of slavery. Please correct what is right and what is wrong as I got this information from'. Hadith were written by men after the Prophet passed away, so yeah, like most of us humans they had prejudices too which were finely ingraved in them and still are. Thats why i take the hadith always with a pinch of salt. Unfortunately today we see the same, there were so many great black muslims in the time of the Prophet and after yet they are rarely mentioned. In todays world racism continues, its just gone underground now because of 'political correctness' etc, but being of asian origin and having married a black muslim, i can tell you, we muslims still have a long way to go before we realise the real Islam we are supposed to be living...Saddens me greatly that we havent yet got the simplest concept of the message the prophet brought to us, of the richness of islaams diversity, equiality amongst ALL muslims except in their piety...so very very sad..

I thought this was a nice hadith in relation to this topic

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Verily Allah does not look to your faces and your wealth but He looks to your heart and to your deeds. [Sahih Muslim; Book 32; No.6221]