Islamic Forum
The Shrew

1st Ammendment Violation

Is Pres. Obama violating 1st ammendment rights of American religious? In my oppinion yes. This is not just Catholics this goes against, but any religious institution (Christian, Jew, Muslims). Should religious institutions have to supply contriception, abortion, ect.... when it violates there teachings and principals? What do you think. Below is a link that disscusses it.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yethannity(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/article/catholics-forced-to-choose-between-faith-and-the-law/15072"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yethannity(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/article/catholics-forced-to-choose-between-faith-and-the-law/15072[/url]

PropellerAds

Some people make it out to be that if these institutions don't supply contraceptives and abortion, that means that those things are effectively banned. You can still purchase those things if a hospital sponsored by a religious denomination doesn't supply it; other institutions will supply it. I suppose it's just wishful thinking that people would plan ahead when it comes to families and children (or lack thereof).

Some people make it out to be that if these institutions don't supply contraceptives and abortion, that means that those things are effectively banned. You can still purchase those things if a hospital sponsored by a religious denomination doesn't supply it; other institutions will supply it. I suppose it's just wishful thinking that people would plan ahead when it comes to families and children (or lack thereof).

Exactly. The services will be there as much as some want them to go away (like my self). What is being asked for by the institutions is not to be forced to violate deeply held moral convictions by having to supply them through insurance. It is just another case of Obama theology is supperior to there theology and to him that is more important than any rights even if granted by the first ammendment.

I agree personal responsibility people.

i think what people ar e missing in this discussion is that Obama is trying to protect workers rights. when you go to work, in the states, you are protected by law from having to conform/participate in your employers religous beliefs. so, your employer can not mandate certain religous beliefs upon you. in many instances in the US the only hospital in area that you live in may be a religous institution. if you are seeking employment in the medical field and that particular religous based hopital ie:a st.judes or st. mary is the only hospital for a hundred miles,do you have to change your beliefs in order to work there?

The supreme court says "no", your rights as a citizen protect you on the issues of race, age, religion and gender. and Obama is saying or rather congress has mandated that all employees are to have certain basic coverage. obama only signed what laws congress passed. congress passed what they believed the will of the people.

Ok I have read responses and I do agree that everyone should have health coverage but Obama should not be mandating people do things against their conscience. Now forcing a religious employer as a example a catholic school or college to provide something that is against their belief system is a direct violation of the 1st amendment. The only reason this legislation was upheld is because it was rewriten/relegislated from the judicial bench by justice Roberts. It was rewriten as a tax. You can not force people to do something that they find immoral or a intrinsic evil. Hence why hospitals ect... do not have to perform a abortion because it's a private institution not run by government. Since when is abortion a right? There are plenty of plan parent hood abortion mills ect around that offer this service free and paid for by our tax dollars already.

All that people that hold a simmalr stance to what I do ask is not to be forced to contribute to what we deem a intrisic evil. Make no mistake Obama asked congress to pass this and I personaly will not vote one person back to office that pushes and passes ideology like this.