Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Israa`eel

Richard Dawkins An Agnostic?

I read in one of the papers that richard dawkins said in a public debate that he cant say he is fully certain that there isnt a God. Has anyone heard this themselves [from richard dawkins own words]?

Cant really trust the papers...

PropellerAds

Scientificly god cannot be disproven, but u can say the chances of him exisiting a very low.

thats basicly his take on it.

Agnostic is knowledge based. It's says that it is impossible to know for sure such a thing. One can be an agnostic Christian for instance. That would be that one cannot know God as he or she is but that the scriptures do hold moral principles sent from him. Likewise one can be an agnostic atheist in that one says that there is no good reason to believe in ( whatever) God. In that sense, it is always impossible to disprove the idea of God because God is an inherently amorphous idea. One has to define it first, but that doesn't mean one cannot be an atheist. One can say, because I see no good proofs for God I don;t believe that God exists until it can be shown to be true. That isn't the same as saying that no God exists anywhere, but one is still an atheist.