Islamic Forum
kellygreen

Proper Way To Destroy A Defiled Koran

Assalaamu Alaikum,

I never heard anyone who had to discard the Holy Quran. There really is not such thing. If a Muslim has some that he wants to give away, then do so, but burning the WHOLE book is definitely not permissible.

The burning ruling comes in when you must discard a FEW pages of the Book (ie. a page falls out, rips, etc), Definitiely not the Entire book. If anythjng, you put it into the sea, or bury it in an isolated place.

The problem that was shown on the news recently is that after 10 years of NATO being there, there still seems to be no understanding, or sensitivity coming from the Foreign Soldiers. Shouldnt they know these things by now?

PropellerAds

Assalaamu Alaikum,

I never heard anyone who had to discard the Holy Quran. There really is not such thing. If a Muslim has some that he wants to give away, then do so, but burning the WHOLE book is definitely not permissible.

The burning ruling comes in when you must discard a FEW pages of the Book (ie. a page falls out, rips, etc), Definitiely not the Entire book. If anythjng, you put it into the sea, or bury it in an isolated place.

The problem that was shown on the news recently is that after 10 years of NATO being there, there still seems to be no understanding, or sensitivity coming from the Foreign Soldiers. Shouldnt they know these things by now?

The korans in question had been defiled by muslim inmates to pass hidden messages, i guess thay qualify for burning then?

Edited by Scotia

Who said that Qur'an is "defiled" by using it to write messages on them when an invading army has locked you up ? Just Who ?

Who said that Qur'an is "defiled" by using it to write messages on them when an invading army has locked you up ? Just Who ?

i suppose that is a whole new way of looking at it. so a quran is allowed to be used to be written in to pass messages between two people ? the writing should have been left in them and they should have been left in use ? im just trying to find out where everyone stands on this.

There are better ways of disposing a defiled Quran.

Burning the Quran is one way I would never do it.

- You can Bury it in a place where no one goes, but has to be clean. Free from Najas (Filth).

- You can keep it water so the words disapear.