Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ParadiseLost

Question About Salah

As Salaam Alaykum

When we say SamiAllahu liman Hamidah in salah do we have to raise our hands to our ears or do we keep our hands by our side?

PropellerAds

Wa 'alaykum salam wa rahmatullah

Majority of the scholars are of the view that hands should be raised before and after bowing.

PS It is a contentious issue though as the majority school of thought (here in the UK) are of the Hanafi school of thought who are the minority on this issue and hold the view that the hands should not be raised before or after bowing. The contention is not really because of the existence of a difference as this is the case for countless issues, but it was one of those issues that for some reason people debated over - quite a lot!

Alhamdulillah, the difference does not affect the validity of the prayer!

Wsalaam

It is recomended to do so which means extra reward. If someone does not do it it would not invalidate the Salaah.

Some people debate over these issues for no good reason and would even look down upon you for raising your hands in such manner. Personally i would say, you should avoid debating issues like this with people who would not maintain the manners of debating as it is an issue of fiqh and there is differences of opinion amongst the scholars - so laymen need not fight over it.

OK thanks for the answers - the reason I asked was because I recently started to pray with other females and they did this. Well I am just going to do it also if there is no harm in doing so. Thanks again.

As per hanafi fiqh it is not to raise hands,and that is the majority in the world. Your salah will be valid anyway. I think you should try learning about various school of thoughts and take a view of a scholar in your area.

:sl:

The raising of the hand for the first takbeer and before and after the rukoo' is mentioned in saheeh Bukhaaree. Imaam Bukhaaree also mentioned that it is non proven that the Sahaabah did not do this. The reason why Imaam Abu Haneefah [rh] may not have done this practise is because perhaps he did not get hold of this Hadeeth during his time and scholars who came after him found them.