Islamic Forum
Israa`eel

What Does Gawaher Mean?

What exactly does Gawaher mean, im assuming it is an arabic word..how is it pronounced?

PropellerAds

Jawaher------------------Jewels

alsalamo alykom,

as the brothers told it's an arabic word

ga-wa-her جواهر ....means jewels

while one jewel means.....gaw-ha-rah جوهرة

Is it Jawaahir?

brother, alsalamo alykom

many letters in the Arabic language could be pronounced either by (lessening تعطيش) , or (magnifying, full mouth تفخيم ) that depends on the position of the letter/word in the sentence and so, both pronunciations are ok,

ga-wa-her with lessening the first letter "geem جـ"

ja-wa-her with magnifing the first letter "jeem جـ"

brother, alsalamo alykom

many letters in the Arabic language could be pronounced either by (lessening تعطيش) , or (magnifying, full mouth تفخيم ) that depends on the position of the letter/word in the sentence and so, both pronunciations are ok,

ga-wa-her with lessening the first letter "geem جـ"

ja-wa-her with magnifing the first letter "jeem جـ"

Wsalaam, hope you good in Eemaan and health

Unless it is taught differently in different countries, the Jeem is not a Mufakham letter [i.e. the ruling on making letters light or heavy do not apply to this letter].. I dont know if I understood or misunderstood you message, forgive me brother.

But JZK for posting the name in arabic font, i know how to pronounce it now and also know its meaning, al-hamdulillaah :)

alsalmo alykom, brother

Gazak Allah khayer, yes you are right, the Tafkheem leters are (خ ص ض غ ط ق ظ) and it don't include the "ج"

the leter "ج" have two ways of pronouncing, either normal, if we can call it like that, (jeem),,,,,,, or moa'atash, معطش , (geem) which is not allowed in the Quran reciting. while both pronounciations are allowed in the normal speach. the Quran reciting science is somehow special in the arabic speech.

brother, i'm not proffesional in the Quranic sciences, so plz correct me whenever you see so

gazak-a Allah-o khayer

Oh I see what you are saying now brother - I just noticed you are from Egypt. Brothers in Egypt pronounce the Jeem [as in 'joke' or 'jogging'] as Geem [as in 'game' or 'guess'].

I think this is what you are telling me...This is called Ma'tash [معطش]? JazaakAllaah Khair Akhi

:sl:

As the brothers have already clarified, Jawaaher جواهر means jewels.

There is no "G" (for gold) sound in the Arabic alphabet, only "J" ج (for jewel). However, in the Egyptian dialect (slang), they do pronounce J as G (e.g. Gameel instead of Jameel (beautiful)). This isn't correct, though.

Gawaaher = Jewels

as in = this Islamic/Muslims' forum is full of jewels or Islamic knowledge that are as precious and remarkable as jewels/gems

Islam is as beautiful and precious as a jewel/gem that it should never be taken for granted, as Islam is the only Key to Jannah/Heaven

lucky indeed are the ones who know and admit that they are true Muslims

wasalaam

Jawaher------------------Jewels

So this is the meaning of " Gawaher " .Wow , Really great !!!