Islamic Forum
missjupiter

Bbc: We'll Mock Jesus But Not Muhammad

I am talking about mocking because that what the original topic is about - the guy didn't talk about light hearted fun he was talking about mocking.

PropellerAds

I am talking about mocking because that what the original topic is about - the guy didn't talk about light hearted fun he was talking about mocking.

Well, I was just trying to open up the discussion toward the broader principles at stake here. It's a matter of perception I think. And also what is light hearted.

As you very well know it is forbidden, is it not, to make one word of criticism against the prophet Muhammad?

regards,

ron

Should we not take as much offence to them making fun of Prophet Jesus (pbuh) as Prophet Muhammed (pbuh)? Were they not equal in their status as Messengers of Allah?

Should we not take as much offence to them making fun of Prophet Jesus (pbuh) as Prophet Muhammed (pbuh)? Were they not equal in their status as Messengers of Allah?

Yes, making fun of Prophets (pbut) is bad. However, I would say that Muslims will get more angry about the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) being made fun of due to the fact that he is our Prophet. He is the head of Islam.

I just read in the Times that there's greater free speech in Russia than in the UK.

regards,

ron

Ur, What happened to the other posts?

r

They probably got lost because of the server thing dot posted a thing about it

I just read in the Times that there's greater free speech in Russia than in the UK. regards, ron

I wouldn't get to crazy with that, Ron...

24 June 2009

More than 300 journalists killed in Russia since 1993, says joint report

The murder of Russian journalist Anna Politkovskaya in October 2006 shocked the world. "Yet for every Anna, there have been many less widely known journalists killed for their work across Russia," says the International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) in a groundbreaking report on the 313 Russian journalists killed since 1993.

"Partial Justice" and an accompanying database present a comprehensive record of the murders, "whether taking place in cross-fire in conflict zones, or homicides and contract killings; whether journalists were killed for their work or in unexplained accidents, or even for personal dealings."

The IFJ review, done in collaboration with the Russian Union of Journalists, the Glasnost Defence Foundation and the Centre for Journalism in Extreme Situations, shows that of the journalists killed in Russia since 1993, up to 124 have died as a direct result of their work.

The report also reveals that the total impunity that existed for killers of journalists until 1997 has gradually receded, and that an increasing number of investigations have led to prosecutions and a form of "partial justice."

Unfortunately, in some parts of the country there have been no prosecutions for journalists' murders, in particular the North Caucasus (including Chechnya) and St. Petersburg. IFJ further notes, "Those who ordered the killings and arranged for the hiring of assassins and their payment have hardly ever been charged, let alone prosecuted."

Throughout, the report raises relentlessly two major questions: Why did this journalist or media worker die? And if a crime was committed, what have the authorities done about it?

And that was almost three years ago. Vlad doesn't like hearing bad news.

Edited by kellygreen

Yes, making fun of Prophets (pbut) is bad. However, I would say that Muslims will get more angry about the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) being made fun of due to the fact that he is our Prophet. He is the head of Islam.

Has a muslim EVER killed anyone or blew anything up because someone mocked or drew a cartoon of Jesus ?

I just noticed that according to the rules of IslamicBoard dot com I can't invite it's members to partake in this or other forums without being banned.

According to the rules of this forum I can't post invitation to any other forum unless I also post invitation to that forum without risking being banned.

Therefore to invite members to IslamicBoard could also result in my being banned in this forum.

Given that these 2 forums are essentially the same, could this be a sign that preventing free speech simply adds to undue suspicion and division amongst Muslims?

I thinks muslims should speak out against the mocking of Jesus (pbuh) too, because we believe in him as a prophet of Allah,