Islamic Forum
andalusi

What Was Prophet Muhammad's Personality Like?

What was prophet muhammad's personality like?

The behavior and personality of Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.A) are the best examples to follow in life. A companion of his, who spent full ten years with him, has said:

"Throughout my stay with him I never heard an indecent word from his lips and never found him rude to anyone. He spoke very politely. He was kind to everyone".

He was so kind and generous that he never refused a reasonable request of any person. He often distributed edibles among others and went without meals himself. He always helped the needy and the poor and went to the houses of the sick to enquire after their health. As and when he met anyone he said "Salamun-Alaikum". He always spoke with a smiling face.

Muhammad had the most gentle nature. He smiled and was kind - even to those who hated him. He was always honest. In one saying, he was asked about the nature of a believer and said: "The believer does not lie".

He was so trustworthy that even his enemies would not give their posessions to anyone else to guard them. They gave their wealth to him to keep when they would travel. When they returned, they would find their belongings safeguarded with him.

It used to be that a woman would wait, every morning, for the prophet to pass under her window. She would try - every morning - to throw her garbage from the window on him. The prophet never told anyone about this. One morning, he noticed she was not there. He inquired about her and was told that she was ill that day. So he went to visit her. When she saw him she said: "So, you have come to take your revenge on me". He said: "No, but God has commanded us to visit the sick". There and then she believed.

One day, a man came from a distance because he had heard that there was a man claiming to be a prophet. When he reached Medinah, the city of the Prophet, he asked about Muhammad. The one who was asked told him: "There he is". As the man approached, he saw an old woman who stopped the prophet to complain about something. So he waited, some distance away. He watched as the old woman complained to Muhammad from the end of the sunset prayer until the time of the night prayer - about an hour and a half. So the man realized that this man who had so much patience and kindness that he would stop everything he was doing to help an elderly woman HAD to be a real Prophet. He, also, believed.

One evening a Jew who had given a loan to the Prophet came to Muhammad and demanded his loan back. He shook the Prophet and was harsh with him. The Prophet said that he did not have the loan amount yet and that it was still early for the payback. Then he asked the man if he would wait a while and be patient. The man refused and said that he would not leave Muhammad's side until he was paid back. So the prophet sat with him - all night - in the Masjid. In the morning, when everyone came for the morning prayer, they were surprised to see the prophet sitting with this stranger. After the prayer they asked him about this man. the Prophet explained the situation as if he were sitting with a guest. Then the Jew said: "Oh Messenger of God. I swear by God that I did not come for my money. I only wanted to see if you fit the description of the final Prophet in the Torah - that he is gentle and kind even to those who are harsh. And I have found the description to be true - in you". So the man entered Islam.

The Forgiveness of Muhammad Shown to Non-Muslims

The Prophet Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, was described as a “Mercy for all the Worlds”, as God said in the Quran:

“We have sent you as a mercy for all the worlds.” (Quran 21:107)

The recipients of this quality were not limited to just the Muslim nation, but it also extended to non-Muslims, some of who spent all their effort trying to harm the Prophet and his mission. This mercy and forgiveness is clearly demonstrated in the fact that the Prophet, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, never took revenge on anyone for personal reasons and always forgave even his staunch enemies. Aisha said that the Prophet never took revenge on his own behalf on anyone. She also said that he never returned evil for evil, but he would forgive and pardon. This will, God willing, become clear after a deep analysis of the following accounts of his life.

In the earlier portion of his mission, the Prophet traveled to the city of Taif, a city located in the mountains nearby to Mecca, in order to invite them to accept Islam. The leaders of Taif, however, were rude and discourteous in their treatment of the Prophet. Not being content with their insolent attitude towards him, they even stirred up some gangs of the town to harass him. This riff-raff followed the Prophet shouting at and abusing him, and throwing stones at him, until he was compelled to take refuge in an orchard. Thus the Prophet had to endure even more obstacles in Taif than he had had to face in Mecca. These ruffians, stationed either side of the path, threw stones at him until his feet were injured and smeared with blood. These oppressions so grievously dejected the Prophet and plunged him into in such a state of depression that a prayer, citing his helplessness and pitiable condition and seeking the aid of God, spontaneously came from his lips:

“O God, to You I complain of my weakness, lack of resources and humiliation before these people. You are the Most Merciful, the Lord of the weak and my Master. To whom will You consign me? To one estranged, bearing ill will, or an enemy given power over me? If You do not assign me any worth, I care not, for Your favor is abundant upon me. I seek refuge in the light of Your countenance by which all darkness is dispelled and every affair of this world and the next is set right, lest Thy anger should descend upon me or Your displeasure light upon me. I need only Your pleasure and satisfaction for only You enable me to do good and evade the evil. There is no power and no might but You.”

The Lord then sent the angel of mountains, seeking the permission of the Prophet to join together the two hills and crush the city of Taif, between which it was located. Out of his great tolerance and mercy, the Messenger of God replied,

“No! For, I hope that God will bring forth from their loins people who will worship God alone, associating nothing with Him.” (Saheeh Muslim)

His mercy and compassion was so great that on more than one occasion, God, Himself, reprimanded him for it. One of the greatest opponents of Islam and a personal enemy, was Abdullah bin Ubayy, the leader of the hypocrites of Medina. Outwardly proclaiming Islam, he surreptitiously inflicted great harm to the Muslims and the mission of the Prophet. Knowing his state of affairs, the Prophet Muhammad still offered the funeral prayer for him and prayed to God for his forgiveness. The Quran mentions this incident in these words:

“And never (O Muhammad) pray for one of them who dies, nor stand by his grave. Lo! They disbelieve in God and His Messenger, and they died while they were evil doers.” (Quran 9:84)

Abdullah bin Ubayy worked all his life against Muhammad and Islam and left no stone unturned so as to bring him into disrepute and try to defeat his mission. He withdrew his three hundered supporters in the battle of Uhud and thus almost broke the backbone of the Muslims at one stroke. He engaged in intrigues and acts of hostility against the Prophet of Islam and the Muslims. It was he who tried to bring shame to the Prophet by inciting his allies to falsely accuse the Prophet’s wife, Aisha, of adultery in order to discredit him and his message.

The mercy of the Prophet even extended to those who brutally killed and then mutilated the body of his uncle Hamzah, one of the most beloved of people to the Prophet. Hamzah was one of the earliest to accept Islam and, through his power and position in the Quraishite hierarchy, diverted much harm from the Muslims. An Abyssinian slave of the wife of Abu Sufyan, Hind, sought out and killed Hamzah in the battle of Uhud. The night before the victory of Mecca, Abu Sufyan accepted Islam, fearing the vengeance of the Prophet, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him. The latter forgave him and sought no retribution for his years of enmity.

After Hind had killed Hamzah she mutilated his body by cutting his chest and tearing his liver and heart into pieces. When she quietly came to the Prophet and accepted Islam, he recognized her but did not say anything. She was so impressed by his magnanimity and stature that she said, “O Messenger of God, no tent was more deserted in my eyes than yours; but today no tent is more lovely in my eyes than yours.”

Ikrama, son of Abu Jahl, was a great enemy of the Prophet and Islam. He ran away after the victory of Mecca and went to Yemen. After his wife embraced Islam, she brought him to the Prophet Muhammad under her protection. He was so pleased to see him that he greeted him with the words:

“O emigrant rider, welcome.”

Safwan bin Umaya, one of the chiefs of Mecca, was also a great enemy of Muhammad and Islam. He promised a reward to Umair ibn Wahab if he managed to kill Muhammad. When Mecca was conquered, Safwan ran away to Jeddah in the hope of finding a berth that would take him to Yemen by sea. Umair ibn Wahab came to Muhammad and said, “O Messenger of God! Safwan ibn Umayya, a chief of his tribe, has run away from fear of what you might do to him and threatens to cast himself into the sea.” The Prophet sent him a guarantee of protection and, when he returned, he requested Muhammad to give him two months to come to a decision.. He was given four months, after which he became a Muslim by his own will.

Habir ibn al-Aswad was another vicious enemy of Muhammad and Islam. He inflicted a serious injury to Zainab, daughter of the Noble Prophet when she decided to migrate to Medina. She was pregnant when she started her migration, and the polytheists of Mecca tried to stop her from leaving. This particular man, Habbar bin al-Aswad, physically assaulted her and intentionally caused her to fall down from her camel. Her fall had caused her to miscarry her baby, and she herself, was badly hurt. He had committed many other crimes against Muslims as well. He wanted flee to Persia but, when he decided to come to Muhammad instead, the Prophet magnanimously forgave him.

The tribe of Quraish the were archenemies of Islam and, for a period of thirteen years while he was still in Mecca, they would rebuke the Prophet, taunt and mock him, beat him and abuse him, both physically and mentally. They placed the afterbirth of a camel on his back while he prayed, and they boycotted him and his tribe until the social sanctions became unbearable. They plotted and attempted to kill him on more than one occasion, and when the Prophet escaped to Medina, they rallied the majority of the Arab tribes and waged many wars against him. Yet, when he entered Mecca victorious with an army of 10,000, he did not take revenge on anyone. The Prophet said to the Quraish:

“O people of Quraish! What do you think I will do to you?

Hoping for a good response, they said: “You will do good. You are a noble brother, son of a noble brother.”

The Prophet then said:

“Then I say to you what Joseph said to his brothers: ‘There is no blame upon you.’ Go! For you all free!.”[1]

Rarely in the annals of history can we read such an instance of forgiveness. Even his deadliest enemy Abu Sufyan, who led so many battles against Islam, was forgiven, as was any person who stayed in his house and did not come to fight him.

The Prophet was all for forgiveness and no amount of crime or aggression against him was too great to be forgiven by him. He was the complete example of forgiveness and kindness, as mentioned in the following verse of the Quran:

“Keep to forgiveness (O Muhammad), and enjoin kindness, and turn away from the ignorant.” (Quran 7:199)

He always repelled evil with the good of forgiveness and kind behavior for, in his view, an antidote was better than poison. He believed and practiced the precept that love could foil hatred, and aggression could be won over by forgiveness. He overcame the ignorance of the people with the knowledge of Islam, and the folly and evil of the people with his kind and forgiving treatment. With his forgiveness, he freed people from the bondage of sin and crime, and also made them great friends of Islam. He was an epitome of the verse of the Quran:

“Good and evil are not alike. Repel evil with what is better. Then he, between whom and you there was hatred, will become as though he was a bosom friend.” (Quran 41:34)

PropellerAds

Muhammed and orphans

The Prophet said, "I and the person who looks after an orphan and provides for him, will be in Paradise like this," putting his index and middle fingers together. Volume 8, Book 73, Number 34

The Prophet said "The one who looks after and works for a widow and for a poor person, is like a warrior fighting for Allah's Cause or like a person who fasts during the day and prays all the night." Narrated Abu Huraira that the Prophet said as above. Volume 8, Book 73, Number 35

Abu Hurairah (R.A.) reports that the Messenger of Allah (S.A.W.) stated "Whoever caresses the head of an orphan (in affection), solely for the sake of Allah, a good deed will be written to his account for every hair over which he passed his hand."

Ibn Majah also narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that Prophet Muhammad said: “The best Muslim house is a house in which an orphan is well treated; and the worst Muslim house is a house in which an orphan is badly treated.”

Muhammed and poor people

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "If you love the poor and bring them near you. . .God will bring you near Him on the Day of Resurrection." - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1376

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr: A man asked the Prophet ,

"What sort of deeds or (what qualities of) Islam are good?"

The Prophet replied, 'To feed (the poor) and greet those whom you know and those whom you do not Know (Sahih Bukhari)

The Prophet is reported to have said: "In Paradise there are rooms which can be seen from the inside and the outside". The Prophet was asked: 'O Messenger of God for whom?' He said: "For people who utter good, feed the poor, spend the night in prayer while the people are asleep." (Al-Tabarani)

Muhammed and NEIGHBORS

BEHAVIOUR WITH NEIGHBOR

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "He will not enter Paradise whose neighbor is not secure from his wrongful conduct." - Sahih Muslim, Hadith 15

BE KIND TO YOUR NEIGHBORS

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "If you are kind to your neighbor, you will be a believer. If you like others to have what you like for yourself, you will be a Muslim." - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1334

BE GENEROUS TO YOUR NEIGHBOR

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Whoever believes in God and the Last Day should be generous to his neighbor." - Al-Muwatta, Volume 49, Hadith 22

Behaviour with people

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Shake hands and rancor will disappear. Give presents to each other and love each other and enmity will disappear." - Al-Muwatta, Volume 47, Hadith 16

Charity

DON'T DELAY GIVING IN CHARITY

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) once had several coins that he asked his wife to distribute in charity. But due to the Prophet's illness at the time, she did not have an opportunity to give out the coins. When the Prophet learned of this, he asked for the coins, placed them in his hand, and then said: "What would God's Prophet think if he were to meet God, who is Great and Glorious, while (still) possessing these?" - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 586

The Prophet also said: "Give charity without delay, for it stands in the way of calamity." - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 589

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The believer's shade on the Day of Resurrection will be his charity." - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 604

The Prophet also said: "Every act of goodness is charity." - Sahih Muslim, Hadith 496

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Every Muslim has to give in charity." The people then asked: "(But what) if someone has nothing to give, what should he do?" The Prophet replied: "He should work with his hands and benefit himself and also give in charity (from what he earns)." The people further asked: "If he cannot find even that?" He replied: "He should help the needy who appeal for help." Then the people asked: "If he cannot do (even) that?" The Prophet said finally: "Then he should perform good deeds and keep away from evil deeds, and that will be regarded as charitable deeds." - Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 2, Hadith 524

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Shall I guide you to the best (form of) charity? It is to provide for your daughter when she (returns) to you (because of divorce or other circumstances) and has no one but you to provide for her." - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1296

God says in Quran:

"Spend (in charity) out of the sustenance that We have bestowed on you before that time when death will come to someone, and he shall say: "O my Lord! If only you would grant me reprieve for a little while, then I would give in charity, and be among the righteous." - The Holy Quran, 63:10

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Save yourself from hellfire by giving even half a date-fruit in charity." - Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 2, Hadith 498

GOD IS AWARE OF THE GOOD THAT YOU DO

God says:

"They ask you (O Muhammad) what they should spend in charity. Say: 'Whatever you spend with a good heart, give it to parents, relatives, orphans, the helpless, and travellers in need. Whatever good you do, God is aware of it.'" - The Holy Quran, 2:215

Feeding the Poor/Hungry

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Feed the hungry, visit the sick and set free the captives." - Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Hadith 552

Hadith on Lying

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was asked: "Can a believer be a coward?" The Prophet said: "Yes." He was then asked: "Can a believer be a miser?" He replied: "Yes." And finally, he was asked: 'Can a believer be a liar?" The Prophet said: "No." - Al-Muwatta, Volume 56, Hadith 19

Racism/Racial Superiority

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said to a companion: "You are not better than people (of other races) unless you excel them in piety." - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1361

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said in his final sermon: "No one has superiority over another except by piety and good action."

Treatment of Girls

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "If anyone has a female child, and does not bury her alive (a pre-Islamic practice), or slight her, or prefer his (male) children to her, God will bring him into Paradise." - Sunan of Abu-Dawood, Hadith 2443

Sharing

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "He whose property exceed his needs, let him support the one whose property does not (meet his needs), and he whose food exceeds his needs, let him share it with those who do not have food." - Fiqh-us-Sunnah, 3:93C

Treatment of Neighbours

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "By God, he does not believe! By God, he does not believe! By God, he does not believe!" When asked who he was referring to, the Prophet replied: "That person whose neighbor does not feel safe from his evil." - Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Hadith 45

Seeking Forgiveness

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) reported that the devil said to God: "I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies." And God replied: "(Then) I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask My forgiveness." - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 742

Aisha said that the Prophet never took revenge on his own behalf on anyone. She also said that he never returned evil for evil, but he would forgive and pardon.

Muhammed and women

Narrated Aisha - "(The Prophet Muhammad) never beat anyone with his hand, neither a woman nor a servant." - Sahih Muslim, Hadith 1082

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The best among you are those who treat their wives in the best manner." - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 217

Undoubtedly, this is------ The post of the day.

Thank You.

Very nice post - I hope that we can all implement at least one of these into our daily lives

Parents

Narrated Abu Huraira:

A man came to Allah's Apostle Muhammed and said, "O Allah's Apostle! Who is more entitled to be treated with the best companionship by me?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man said. "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man further said, "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man asked for the fourth time, "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your father. "

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Allah's Apostle mentioned the greatest sins or he was asked about the greatest sins. He said, "To join partners in worship with Allah; to kill a soul which Allah has forbidden to kill; and to be undutiful or unkind to one's parents." The Prophet added, "Shall I inform you of the biggest of the great sins? That is the forged statement or the false witness." Shu'ba (the sub-narrator) states that most probably the Prophet said, "the false witness."

Narrated Abu Sufyan:

That Heraclius sent for him and said, "What did he, i.e. the Prophet order you?" I replied, "He orders us to offer prayers; to give alms; to be chaste; and to keep good relations with our relatives.

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

A bedouin urinated in the Masjid and the people ran to (beat) him. Allah's Apostle Muhammed said, "Do not interrupt his urination (i.e. let him finish)." Then the Prophet asked for a tumbler of water and poured the water over the place of urine. Volume 8, Book 73, Number 54

Narrated Al-Aswad

I asked 'Aisha what did the Prophet use to do at home. She replied. "He used to keep himself busy serving his family and when it was time for the prayer, he would get up for prayer." Volume 8, Book 73, Number 65:

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 24:

Narrated 'Aisha:

(the wife of the Prophet) A lady along with her two daughters came to me asking me (for some alms), but she found nothing with me except one date which I gave to her and she divided it between her two daughters, and then she got up and went away. Then the Prophet came in and I informed him about this story. He said, "Whoever is in charge of (put to test by) these daughters and treats them generously, then they will act as a shield for him from the (Hell) Fire."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 43:

Narrated 'Aisha:

The Prophet said "Gabriel continued to recommend me about treating the neighbors Kindly and politely so much so that I thought he would order me to make them as my heirs.

Muhammed in interfaith dialogue with christians and jews

Despite theological disagreements and political disputes, Muhammad remained respectful of both faiths. A few years before he died, when his leadership of the Arabs was generally accepted, a delegation of sixty Christians with scholars and judges among them arrived in Medina from the southern capitol of Najran. In a kind of interfaith council rare in those days, Muslims and Christians, joined by Medina's Jewish rabbis, sat together discussing and arguing the meaning of their beliefs. This occurred at a time when, not far to the north, Christians and Persians had been engaged for decades in massively destructive religious wars. According to Muslim chroniclers, when the council in Medina ended, the Najran Christians mounted their camels and rode peacefully back home.

copied from

http://www.pbs.org/muhammad/ma_otherrel.shtml

Very good posts, Andalusi. Though I no longer believe in any diety, I still believe in the goodness of many religious men. There is a lot that can be learned from these stories! I wish all religions could actually embrace the basic ideas of this group of stories. Sadly, too often the face of religion is twisted intoi an angry snarl, and the language of religion is full of hateful epithets. As a result, religions around the world promote hatred, lack of respect and intolerance. Surely, Jesus, Buddah and Muhammed would shed tears at how their messages to their fellow man have been too often ignored.

But, thank you for taking the time to write these excellent and thoughtful posts!

Though I no longer believe in any diety,

YOU CAN WATCH THIS, EVIDENCE FOR GOD EXISTENCE IN NATURE

KNOWLEDGE

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Acquiring knowledge in (the) company (of others) for an hour in the night is better than spending the whole night in prayer." - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 91

PRAISE AND THANK GOD

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said God suggested turning a valley into gold for his use, but he replied: "No, my Lord, but let me have enough to eat and be hungry on alternate days. Then when I am hungry, I shall make supplication to Thee and make mention of Thee, and when I have enough (to eat) I shall praise and thank Thee." - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1353

BEWARE OF ANGER

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The best of you are those who are slow to anger and swift to cool down...Beware of anger, for it is a live coal on the heart of the descendants of Adam." - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1331

THE RIGHTEOUS CONTROL THEIR ANGER

"(The righteous) are those who spend generously (in the way of God), whether they are in prosperity or in adversity, who control their anger and forgive other people, for God loves those who do good." - The Holy Quran, 3:134

Muhammed giving advice to Husbands

Narrated Mu'awiyah al-Qushayri: "I went to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) and asked him: What do you say (command) about our wives? He replied: Give them food what you have for yourself, and clothe them by which you clothe yourself, and do not beat them, and do not revile them. (Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 11, Marriage (Kitab Al-Nikah), Number 2139)"

Narrated Mu'awiyah ibn Haydah: "I said: Apostle of Allah, how should we approach our wives and how should we leave them? He replied: Approach your tilth when or how you will, give her (your wife) food when you take food, clothe when you clothe yourself, do not revile her face, and do not beat her. (Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 11, Marriage (Kitab Al-Nikah), Number 2138)"

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: "He who believes in Allah and the Hereafter, if he witnesses any matter he should talk in good terms about it or keep quiet. Act kindly towards woman, for woman is created from a rib, and the most crooked part of the rib is its top. If you attempt to straighten it, you will break it, and if you leave it, its crookedness will remain there. So act kindly towards women. (Translation of Sahih Muslim, The Book of Marriage (Kitab Al-Nikah), Book 008, Number 3468)"

Muhammed's advice about anger

Narrated Abu Huraira: "Allah's Apostle said, 'The strong is not the one who overcomes the people by his strength, but the strong is the one who controls himself while in anger. (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Good Manners and Form (Al-Adab), Volume 8, Book 73, Number 135)"

Narrated Abu Huraira: "A man said to the Prophet , 'Advise me! 'The Prophet said, 'Do not become angry and furious.' The man asked (the same) again and again, and the Prophet said in each case, 'Do not become angry and furious.' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Good Manners and Form (Al-Adab), Volume 8, Book 73, Number 137)"

Abu Huraira reported: "I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: One is not strong because of one's wrestling skillfully. They said: Allah's Messenger, then who is strong? He said: He who controls his anger when he is in a fit of rage. (Translation of Sahih Muslim, The Book of Virtue, Good Manners and Joining of the Ties of Relationship (Kitab Al-Birr was-Salat-I-wa'l-Adab), Book 032, Number 6314)"

Hadith: (According to Anas): A man asked for goats from the Holy Prophet Mohammad (SAWS) (that were his) and were there between two mountains. He gave him all of them. The man came to his people and asked them to become Muslim. He said, "By God. Prophet Mohammad (SAWS) gives his people a lot & is not bothered by giving away all or everything. (Muslim).

some Islam/muhamemd haters may say, that Muhammed created Islam to gain money, gold, silver, food, power

but let examine that

Narrated: Buraidah bin

"when Rasulalullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam came to Al-Madinah, Salmaan Faarisi Radiyallahu Anhu brought a tray which had fresh dates on it, and presented it to Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam, who asked: "O Salmaan, what dates are these?" He replied: "This is sadaqah(charity) for you and your companions" Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam replied: "We(muhammed and his relatives) do not eat Sadaqah. Remove it from me."

Sadaqah(charity,money, gold, silver) Forbidden to the Prophet’s Progeny

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ibn Hanbal says:

Muhammad bin Ja‘far has related from Shu‘bah from Burayd bin Abī Maryam from Abi Hawrā’ who narrates the hadith that he told (Imam) Hasan bin ‘Alī (‘a):

“What memories do you have of (your grandfather) the Messenger of Allah (S).”

He replied:

“I remember that once when I picked up a date from the dates that were part of zakāt and placed it in my mouth, the Messenger of Allah (S) pulled it out of my mouth together with the saliva around it and threw it among the rest of the dates. He was asked (by his companions):

O Messenger of Allah (S)! What would have happened if you had not taken from the child this one date?

He replied:

Inna Al-a Muhammad la tahillu lanā al-sadaqah...(For us the progeny of Muhammad, sadaqah [alms] is not permissible).”[54]

According to Ahmad Shākir the isnād of this hadith are sahīh. This hadith with slight variation in its text or chain of authority has been repeated over fifteen times in the Musnad.[55]

Notes:

[54] Al-Musnad, hadith no. 1727 (Ahmad Shākir)

[55] Among these mention could be made of Hadith nos. 1723, 1725, 1731, & 7744 of Musnad. Also refer to al-Salafī: Murshid al-Muhtār, vol. 1, p. 177 for similar hadith.

Amazing, does this not show you that prophet is sincere man, and a real prophet of God.

If muhamemd was a false prophet, he would take advantage, of his popularity and false belief that he is prophet, and he would gain a lot of wealth, but God forbade Muhammed to take anything from zakat and sadaqa.

But why even though mUhammed was poor man?

Beacuse you atheist would say, this man muhammed created Islam only to gain wealth from people like christian church did.

but look how muhammed lived so, poor

491. 'A'isha said, "The family of Muhammad, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, never had their fill of barley bread for two consecutive days until he died." [Agreed upon]

In one variant, "From the time he came to Madina, the family of Muhammad, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, never had their fill of wheat bread for three consecutive nights until he died."

492. 'Urwa reported that 'A'isha used to say, "By Allah, nephew, we used to see three crescent moons in two months without a fire being lit in the houses of the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace." I said. "Aunt, what did you live off?" She said, "The two black ones: dates and water. However, the Messenger of Allah had some neighbours among the Ansar, and they have milk camels, and they would send us some of their milk and we would drink it." [Agreed upon]

493. Abu Sa'id al-Maqburi said that Abu Hurayra passed by some people who had a roast sheep in front of them and they invited him to eat, but he refused to eat, saying, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, left this world without having his fill of barley bread." [al-Bukhari]

494. Anas said, "The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, did not eat off a table up until the time he died, and he did not eat fine bread up until the time he died." [al-Bukhari]

In one variant of his, "He never ever saw a whole roast sheep."

495. An-Nu'man ibn Bashir said, "I saw your Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and he did not have enough poor quality dates to fill his belly." [Muslim]

is this not proof enough for people who dny Muhammed as prophet, if he was false prophet he would use people, and would take their charity. To not take charity when you are poor, and hungry, that is something BIG. clear evidence that he was sincere prophet from God.

Do you know why God forbade prophet Muhammed and his reltives to take charity?

beacuse if he took charty, evil people would say, he only created Islam to gain wealth. That is why most probably God forbade Muhammed to take charity, so people could not say something against Muhammed.

• Like 1

Very good posts, Andalusi. Though I no longer believe in any diety, I still believe in the goodness of many religious men. There is a lot that can be learned from these stories! I wish all religions could actually embrace the basic ideas of this group of stories. Sadly, too often the face of religion is twisted intoi an angry snarl, and the language of religion is full of hateful epithets. As a result, religions around the world promote hatred, lack of respect and intolerance. Surely, Jesus, Buddah and Muhammed would shed tears at how their messages to their fellow man have been too often ignored.

But, thank you for taking the time to write these excellent and thoughtful posts!

That's a nice post my friend.

Did Muhammad Claim Prophethood For Status & Leadership?

Critics claimProphet Muhammad declared to be a prophet or the author of the Quran for high nobility, leadership and status.

i) According to Michael H. Hart, he writes in his book: "The 100 Most Influential People In History," he analyses all Prophets and people from the past, and he indisputably places Prophet Muhammad at number 1 position, as the most influential person ever in history.

"My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world's most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular levels." "It is this unparalleled combination of secular and religious influence which I feel entitles Muhammad to be considered the most influential single figure in human history."

Source: http://www.jamaat.net/hart/thetop100.html

This Christian placed Prophet Muhammad on top of the list, without force from anyone. So, if Muhammad wanted honour and fame, he did not have to claim the Quran to be from himself.

ii) Furthermore, a very interesting incident happened with the Prophet Muhammad and the eclipse of the sun. The death of Muhammad's most beloved son Ibrahim, coincided with the eclipse of the sun and people regarded, people THOUGHT it as a miracle from God that the heaven and the earth were mourning at the death of Ibrahim. People claimed: "This eclipse shows the sun and earth are mourning at Muhammad's son death." Muhammad gathered them around, and said to them the following Hadith:

Sahih Bukhari, Book 18, Number 151:

"Narrated Abu Masud: The Prophet said, "The sun and the moon do not eclipse because of the death of someone from the people but they are two signs amongst the signs of Allah. When you see them stand up and pray."

Sahih Bukhari, Book 18, Number 152:

"Narrated Ibn 'Umar: The Prophet said, "The sun and the moon do not eclipse because of the death or life (i.e. birth) of someone but they are two signs amongst the signs of Allah. When you see them offer the prayer."

If Muhammad wanted, he could have so easily lied and claimed that the eclipse is because of the death of his son. If was interested in fame and honor, all he would have to do is lie in this story. On the contrary, he did NOT lie, but told the truth which shows that he did NOT desire fame and honor, neither did he claim Prophethood for fame and honor.

iii) We read an interesting story:

"For a moment they thought that they could get rid of Muhammad bys satisfying what they took to be his personal ambitions.. Obviously they forgot the greatness of the Islamic call, the purity of its spiritual essence and its noble transcendence of any political partisanship. 'Uthbah ibn Rabi'ah, one of the distinguished leaders of Arabia, convinced the Quraysh at one of their community meetings to delegate him to approach Muhammad with a number of alternative offerings of which, he thought Muhammad would surely accept one. He therefore went to Muhammad and said.

"O Nephew, you certainly enjoy among us great eminence and noble lineage, and you have brought about a great issue and divided your people. Listen to me for I am about to make several offers to you, certain as I am that one of them will prove satisfactory to you. If by bringing about conflict you did, you have sought to achieve some wealth, know that we are prepared to give you of our wealth until you become the richest man among us. If, on the other hand, you desired honor and power, we would make you our chief and endow you with such power that nothing could be done without your consent. Even if you wanted to be a king, we should not hesitate to crown you king over us. Finally, if you are unable to cure yourself of the visions that you have been seeing, we shall be happy to seek for you at out expense all the medical service possible until your health is perfectly restored."

When he finished, Muhammad recited to him, the Surah Sajda (Qur'an, 32). 'Utbah listened attentively to the divine recitation. Facing him was a man devoid of all ambition for wealth, prestige, honor, power, or sovereignty. Neither was he sick. Facing him was indeed a man telling the truth, calling to the good, answering him with arguments yet more soundly and sublimely expressed that any he had ever heard. When Muhammad finished, 'Utbah returned to Quraysh spellbound by the beauty and sublimity of what he had seen and heard and by the greatness of this man and his eloquence. The Quraysh were obviously not happy with this turn, nor did they agree with 'Utbah's opinion that they should leave Muhammad for all the Arabs together to deal with; they would thereby reap a harvest of pride in the event that Muhammad wins, or enjoy and effortless victory in the event he loses. In fact, Quraysh resumed their attacks upon Muhammad and his followers, intensified their aggression, and inflicted upon his companions all sorts of injuries from which Muhammad was saved only through the protection of Aby Talib, Banu Hashim, and Banu al-Muttalib." (Muhammad Husayn Haykal - The Life Of Muhammad - The Other Press, 1994 - Page 105-106).

Notice that Utbah and his tribe, they were prepared to make Muhammad the a king, a leader a very rich. Yet, why would a materialistic man who is after leadership reject such an offer? That's because Muhammad was not such a person.

Additionally, the Prophet told his uncle:

"Uncle. By Allah. If they place the sun in my right hand and the moon on my left asking me to give up, I shall not do it until either Allah gives it victory or I die in its cause." [Sirat Ibn Ishaq, P. 155 through a Hasan chain. See also Haythami in the Majma' (6/15) - cited in: De Mahdi Rizqullah Ahmad - A Biography Of The Prophet Of Islam: In The Light Of The Original Sources, An Analytical Study, Volume 1 - Darussalam, 2005 - Page 172. Isnad Classed As Hassan (Good Chain) By Sheikh Albani - Silsila As-Sahiha, 1/194 - Source].

If Muhammad claimed Prophethood for leadership, why would he reject this offer from the pagans? He could have so easily become a wealthy leader and MUCH better off, by agreeing with pagans.

iv) In addition, a person who authored his own book for nobility and status, would surely have told other to worship and praise his own self. On the contrary, the Quran clearly states that the worship of one given the book (i.e. Muhammad) is wrong, as this Quranic verses suggests this:

Surah Imran 3:79:

"It is not (possible) that a man, to whom is given the Book, and Wisdom, and the prophetic office, should say to people: "Be ye my worshippers rather than God's": on the contrary (He would say) "Be ye worshippers of Him Who is truly the Cherisher of all: For ye have taught the Book and ye have studied it earnestly."

Notice here, the Quran clearly is against the worship of the one, to whom the book is given. If Muhammad wanted: praise, fame and glory, why would he mention such a verse in Quran? If he was the author, why would he decline worship, if he wanted fame and glory? But natural, he did not want fame, honor and worship because he did the will of Allah. If he wanted fame, he would never decline it in his "own" book. The revelation here was not his choice, meaning he did not decide whether this or any verse in Quran should be in it. If he wanted fame, the Quran would never had said such a verse. Since it has such a verse where it declines the worship of whom the book is given (Muhammad), this shows Muhammad did not want fame, glory and worship, nor did he attribute the Quran to himself.

v) Moreover, the qualities of a person to want to have been a prophet for glory, power, leadership, status etc would be: wearing beautiful clothes, eating expensive food, living in big mansions with body guards, etc. Muhammad lived a life no-where close to this luxuriousness. Muhammad milked his own goat, mended his own clothes, repaired his own shoes and he even did the household work and even sat on the floor. The following Hadith's prove this:

Sahih Bukhari, Book 74, Number 294:

"Narrated Abdullah bin 'Amr: The news of my fasting was mentioned to the Prophet . So he entered upon me and I put for him a leather cushion stuffed with palm-fibres. The Prophet sat on the floor and the cushion was between me and him."

He usually used to sit on the floor.

الراوي الحسن : كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم إذا أتي بطعام أمر به فألقي على الأرض وقال آكل كما يأكل العبد

"Narrated Al-Hassan: When the Messenger of Allah peace be upon him came for food, he ordered it to be put on the ground, and he said 'I eat as a slave eats and I sit as a slave sits.'" (Narrated By Ahmad - Classed Sahih By Sheikh Albani In: Silsila As-Sahiha, 2/83 - Source).

جَابِرِ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ، قَالَ : قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ : إِنَّمَا أَنَا عَبْدٌ آكُلُ كَمَا يَأْكُلُ الْعَبْدُ , وَأَجْلِسُ كَمَا يَجْلِسُ الْعَبْدُ

"Jabir bin Abdullah, said: The Messenger of Allah peace be upon him : "I am but a slave. I eat as a slave eats, and sits as a slave sits." (Isnad Hasan (Good Chain) - Classed By: Sheikh Asbhani In: Akhlaq An-Nabi, 571 - Source. Also Narrated By Yahya Ibn Abu Kathir In: Tabaqat Al-Kubra, 857 - Isnad Hasan - Declared By Ibn Sa'd - Source. Also Narrated By Aisha (Similar Wording) - In Kashf Al-Khafa, 1/17 - Isnad Hasan By Al-Ajluni - Source).

Shamaa-il Tirmidhi, Book 46, Hadith 13:

"'Amrah Radiyallahu 'Anha reports that someone asked 'Aayeshah Radiyallahu 'Anha. "What was the usual practice of Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam at home?" She replied: "He was a human from among other humans. He himself removed the lice from his clothing, milked his goats, and did all his work himself."

Commentary:

He was a human from among other humans' means as the common people, he mostly did his household chores himself. He did not have pride or feel ashamed to do the household work or fulfil his needs. In a hadith it is stated that the work that was done by the common people in their homes, was also done by Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam. In some ahaadith, examples of the chores are also given as in the hadith under discussion. In the ahaadith it is also stated that he sewed his clothing himself, he repaired his shoes, mended his clothing etc.

In the above hadith it is mentioned that he removed lice from his clothing. The research of the 'ulama is that lice was not found in the body and clothing of Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam. It is evident that lice appears from the dirt of the body and multiplies with the perspiration. The whole body of Sayyidina Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alayhi Wasallam was nur. There can be no questions of dirt, in the same manner his perspiration was like rose, that is used as a scent. How can it be possible for lice to live in the essence of rose. Therefore here it will mean that he looked for lice suspecting it from another person to have crept onto his clothing. The 'ulama say that this was done to teach the ummah, that when others see him doing this they will practise it more diligently.

Sahih Bukhari, Book 69, Number 517:

"Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah: Allah's Apostle and one of his companions entered upon an Ansari man and the Prophet said to him, "If you have water kept overnight in a water skin, (give us), otherwise we will drink water by putting our mouth in it." The man was watering his garden then. He said, "O Allah's Apostle! I have water kept overnight; let us go to the shade." So he took them both there and poured water into a bowl and milked a domestic goat of his in it. Allah's Apostle drank, and then the man who had come along with him, drank."

عُرْوَةَ وَعَنْ هِشَامِ بْنِ عُرْوَةَ عَنْ أَبِيهِ قَالَ سَأَلَ رَجُلٌ عَائِشَةَ هَلْ كَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ يَعْمَلُ فِي بَيْتِهِ شَيْئًا قَالَتْ نَعَمْ كَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ يَخْصِفُ نَعْلَهُ وَيَخِيطُ ثَوْبَهُ وَيَعْمَلُ فِي بَيْتِهِ كَمَا يَعْمَلُ أَحَدُكُمْ فِي بَيْتِهِ

"Hisham bin Urwah related from his father Urwah (RA) that some one asked Aisha if The Messenger Prophet (PBUH) did some household chores or not. She said, "Yes, of course, The Holy Prophet would mend his shoe when needed or sew his clothes if they required repair and lived just like you live in your homes." (Sahih Ibn Habban, #6440 & Musnad Ahmad, #24813 - Declared Sahih By Sheikh Arna'oot - #25380 - Source).

الراوي عائشة : ما كان رسول الله - صلى الله عليه وعلى آله وسلم - يعمل في بيته قالت : كان يخيط ثوبه, ويخصف نعله, ويعمل ما يعمل الرجال في بيوتهم

"Narrated Aisha: The Messenger of Allah peace be upon him, at home used to sew his clothes, clean his shoes and do the work men do at home." (As-Sahih Al-Musnad, 1562 - Classed Sahih By Adawi - Source & Classed Sahih By Sheikh Arna'oot, Number 24947 - Source. Also Classed Sahih By Ibn Hibban - Source. Declared Hasan By Suyuti - Al-Jami Al-Saghir, 7018 - Source & Classed Sahih By Sheikh Albani - Source).

الراوي عائشة : كان رسول الله - صلى الله عليه وسلم - يخصف نعله ويخيط ثوبه ويعمل في بيته كما يعمل أحدكم في بيته وقالت كان بشرا من البشر يفلي ثوبه ويحلب شاته ويخدم نفسه

"Narrated Aisha: He would mend his shoes and sew his clothes and work in the home like any one of you in your homes. She said: He was a man like any man and would clean his clothes from any bugs and milk his goat and serve himself." (Reported By Ahmad #25380 & At-Tirmidhi - Verified As Sahih By Al-Arna'oot - cited in: Abu Salman Deya ud-Deen Eberle - The Universal Mercy of the Prophet Muhammad's Mission - Page 179 - Source & here. Also In: Mishkat Al-Masabih Al-Tabrizi, 5822 - Declared Sahih By Sheikh Albani - Source).

"Aisha says of him, "He used to help out his family, he milked the goat, mended his clothes, repaired his sandals, swept the floor, tied the camel, and fed the cattle. He ate with the servant and made the dough with her and he carried what he bought from the market himself." (Tahia Al-Ismail - The Life Of Muhammad: His Life Based On The Earliest Sources - Ta-Ha Publishers Ltd. 1988, 1 Wynne Road, London, SW9 0BD - Page 203).

All this indicates the Prophet wasn't after leadership and status, which supports the concept that he didn't fabricate Islam or claim prophethood for these things.

• Like 1

Assalamualaikum,

Nice post, Brother! Now people will know how good is our dearest prophet. We need more threads like this instead of those threads filled with hatred or rude comments. Keep posting! ;)

Wassalam

This is very beautiful story about incident at the time of Muhammed in Mekka.

i recommend this to you all to listen

The Key Of The Kaba, Very Emotional Islamic Story

Muhammed's protection of Jews and Christians in Islamic state

The Prophet, may Allah bless him, said, "Whoever killed a Mu'ahid (a person who is granted the pledge of protection by the Muslims(jews and christians in Islamic state)) shall not smell the fragrance of Paradise though its fragrance can be smelt at a distance of forty years (of traveling)." (Sahih Bukhari, Hadith 2930)

The Prophet Muhammad: a mercy for all creation

“Indeed, in this [Quran] is notification for a worshipping people. And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds.” (Quran: 21:106-107)

Allah's Messenger was the kindest of men in the same way as he excelled all others in courage and valour. Being extremely kind-hearted, his eyes brimmed with tears at the slightest sign of inhumanity. A Companion, Shaddaad bin 'Aws reported the Apostle as saying: "Allah has commanded you to show kindness to everyone, so if you have to kill, kill in a good manner, and if you slaughter an animal, slaughter it gently. If anyone of you has to slay an animal, he should sharpen the blade first and treat the animal well." Ibn 'Abbas relates that a man threw a goat on its side and then started sharpening his knife. When the Prophet saw him he said: "Do you want to kill it twice? Why did you not sharpen the knife before throwing it on the ground?"

A Mercy for the Believers

The Messenger’s compassion towards the believers was of the utmost degree. The Quran describes his compassion in the following verse, which means: “There has certainly come to you a Messenger from among yourselves. Grievous to him is what you suffer; [he is] concerned over you [i.e., your guidance] and to the believers is kind and merciful.” (Quran: 9:128)

Sa‘d bin ‘Ubaadah once became ill, so Allah's Messenger visited him in his house. On seeing his faithful Companion in a pitiful state, he was moved to tears. Then, he said: “Allah does not punish because of tears, nor because of grief, but he punishes because of this."- and he pointed to his tongue. (Al-Bukhari)

A Mercy Towards his Enemies

The prisoners of war taken captive at the battle of Badr were amongst his bitterest enemies. Nevertheless, he made sure that they were given the best of treatment. Among them was Suhayl bin 'Amr who was a fiery speaker and was denouncing the Prophet . 'Umar one the Prophet’s closest companions, suggested that two of his lower teeth be pulled out so that he might not be so vile in his speeches. The Prophet replied: “Were I to do this, Allah would disfigure me on the Day of Judgement, despite the fact that I am His messenger.” (Hadith)

In Makkah, his people inflicted him with every kind of suffering, eventually forcing him to emigrate to Madinah, and then waged war on him for five years. However, when he conquered Makkah without bloodshed in the twenty-first year of his Prophethood, he asked the Makkan unbelievers who were awaiting his decision about them: “How do you expect me to treat you?” They responded unanimously: "You are a noble one, the son of a noble one." He announced to them his decision:

“You may go free! No reproach this day shall be on you; may God forgive you.”

A Mercy for Women

Prophet Muhammad was also very kind and affectionate towards women. Women were very badly treated in those times. The Noble Prophet gave them honour and dignity at par with men in the community. 'Umar reported: "We did not have much regard for women while we were at Makkah, but they were better treated in Madinah. Allah's Messenger established women's rights through his sayings and commandments, which improved their position and status."

A Mercy for Children

Allah's Messenger was particularly compassionate towards children. When he saw a child crying, he sat beside him or her and shared his or her feelings. He felt the pain of a mother for her child more than the mother herself. Once he said: “I stand in prayer and wish to prolong it. However, I hear the cry of a child and cut the prayer short for the anxiety which the mother is feeling.” (Al-Bukhari)

He would take children in his arms and embrace them. He was once hugging his beloved grandsons, Hasan and Hussain, when Aqrah bin Haabis told him, ‘I have got ten children. So far, I have not kissed any of them.’ Allah’s Messenger responded: “The one with no pity for others is not pitied.” (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

According to another version, he said: “What can I do for you if Allah has removed from you the feeling of compassion?” (At-Tirmidhi)

A Mercy for Slaves

The Prophet strongly enjoined the duty of kind and generous treatment upon slaves, servants and labourers engaged in manual work. Jaabir related the Apostle of Allah as saying: "Feed them with the food which you eat, clothe them with such clothing as you wear, and do not cause trouble to Allah's creatures." The Apostle is further stated to have said: "Those whom Allah has made your dependents are your brothers, servants and helpmates. Anybody whose brother has been made subservient to him ought to feed him with the food he eats and clothe him with the clothes he wears; command him not to do that which he is unable to do and if it becomes necessary to do so then he should help him in doing the job."

A Mercy for Animals

His compassion encompassed not only human beings, but also animals.

The Prophet forbade his companions to keep the unintelligent creatures hungry or thirsty, to disturb or to overburden them. He commended that kindness and putting them at ease were meritorious acts tending to bring man nearer to Allah. Abu Hurairah reports the Prophet as saying: "A traveler who was thirsty saw a well in the way. He got inside the well and when he came out he saw a dog licking mud due to thirst. The man realised that the dog was as thirsty as him, so he got into the well again, filled his leather sock with water and carried it out holding it with his teeth. Thus, he quenched the thirst of the dog. Allah was pleased with this act of kindness and pardoned his sins." The Companions asked: "O Messenger of Allah is there recompense in the matter of beasts and wild animals also?" The Prophet replied: "There is recompense in regard to every creature that has a living heart."

'Abdullah bin 'Umar related that the Prophet said: "A woman was cast away to hell only because she had withheld food and water from her cat and refused to set it free so that the cat might satisfy its hunger by eating worms and insects."

Once on return from a military campaign, a few Companions took away the chicks of a bird from their nest to stroke them. The mother bird came back and when it could not find its chicks in the nest, it began to fly around screeching. When informed of the matter, Allah’s Messenger became angry and ordered the chicks to be put back in the nest. (Abu Dawood)

Conclusion

The love and compassion of Allah’s Messenger for all kinds of creatures was not of the kind claimed by today’s ‘humanists’. He was sincere and balanced in his love and compassion. He was more compassionate than any other person. He was a Prophet raised by Allah, the Creator and Sustainer of all beings, for the guidance and happiness of conscious beings - mankind and jinn - and the harmony of existence. Therefore, he lived not for himself but for others; he is a mercy for all the worlds.