Islamic Forum
andalusi

What Was Prophet Muhammad's Personality Like?

Prophet Muhammad's Mercy pdf_button.png printButton.png emailButton.png Articles Written by Sheikh Rajab Deeb

Mercy to Kids:

Anas always greeted children as he passed them, saying that he did so because he had observed the Prophet doing the same thing. ( Bukhari and Muslim)

Ibn `Abbas said that the Prophet used to hold the first of any seasonal harvest, he used put it on his eyes then on his lips and say “Oh Allah! Like you have made us see its beginning (of the season), allow us to see its end.” Then he would give it to any child sitting around him." (Tabarani)

When his guests brought children with them, the Prophet called them towards him and placed them on his lap. One day an infant urinated on his clothes. He simply poured water over the area but did not wash the clothes (as the infant was only breast-fed). ( Bukhari )

Prophet Muhammad used to set some kids in a row and saying, "I'll give such and such (i.e gift or so) to the one who come to me first." So they used to race and fall on his back and chest. (Ahmad)

Mercy to Women:

Once many women relatives of Prophet Muhammad were sitting around him and talking loudly to him. When Omar came they all left, at which the Prophet laughed. Omar said, "O Allah's Messenger, may Allah keep you smiling. Why did you laugh?", The Prophet remarked that he was amazed at the behavior of those women, who, on hearing Omar's voice, had all hidden themselves from him. Omar, addressing them, said, "You fear me but do not fear Allah's Messenger." They all said, "You are a hot-tempered person in comparison to Allah's Messenger." (Muslim)

Once the Noble Prophet was sleeping with his face covered in the apartment of Aisha. It was the day of Eid (Muslims' holiday) and young girls were singing. Abu Bakr entered the house and asked the girls to stop. The Prophet said, "Let them sing, it is the day of Eid for them." ( Bukhari )

He said: The most perfect Muslim in the matter of faith is one who has excellent behavior; and the best among you are those who behave best towards their wives. (Tirmidhi)

He said, "Whoever [brings up] two girls till they come of age, will be in the next world along with me, like my two fingers joining each other." (Abu Dawud)

He said, "A believing man should not hate a believing woman; if he dislikes one of her characteristics, he will be pleased with another. (Muslim)

He said, " “I start the prayers, intending to lengthen them. I then hear a child crying so I make them shorter, knowing how emotional a child’s mother gets.” ( Bukhari and Muslim)

Caliph Umar (The second leader after prophet Muhammad) wanted to limit the amount of dowry. Most Muslims agreed with him. but an old poor woman declared her disagreement. Umar didn't mute her. Instead, he heard her opinion which was proofed and then he said, "The lady is right and Umar is wrong."

Mercy to Orphans, Needers, and Widows:

From his mercy is that he never used to disdain from walking along with a widow or with a poor person and fulfill their needs . He used to visit weak and sick Muslims and attend their funerals . He used to treat orphans well and charitably. He used to commend people to sponsor them and treat them with excellence and he also used to announce the consequent virtues of that saying, “I and a patron of an orphanage are as close in Paradise (while waving with the index and middle finger and parting them .” He also said that the best house in Muslim houses is the one with an orphan being treated well in it. ” ( Bukhari and Ibn Majah)

Ibn Omar reported Allah's Messenger as saying, "A Muslim is a Muslim's brother; he does not wrong him. If anyone cares for his brother's need, Allah will take care of his need; if anyone relieves his brother's anxiety, Allah will remove from him one of his anxieties on the Day of Resurrection; and if anyone conceals a Muslim's secrets, Allah will conceal his secrets on the Day of Resurrection." ( Bukhari and Muslim)

Abu Hurairah reported Allah's Messenger as saying, ‘The best house among the Muslims is one where an orphan is well treated, and the worst house among the Muslims is one where an orphan is badly treated." (Ibn Majah)

Abu Omamah reported Allah's Messenger as saying, "If anyone caresses an orphan by moving his fingers in his hair, doing so only for God's sake, he will have blessings for every hair over which his hand passes and if anyone treats well ail orphan girl or boy under his care, he and I shall be like these two in Paradise," putting two of his fingers together. (Ahmad)

Abu Hurairah reported Allah's Messenger as saying, He who strives to serve a widow and a poor person is like the one who strives in Allah's way." He also reported that when a man complained to the Messenger of Allah of being hardhearted he said, "Show affection to the orphans and feed the poor." (Hakim)

Mercy to Domestic Workers:

Once a man came to Prophet Muhammad and said, "O Allah's Messenger! How many times should I forgive the mistakes of slaves?" The Noble Prophet kept quiet. The man repeated his question three times, and the Prophet replied at the third time, "Forgive them seventy times every day." A man had two slaves but was not happy with them. He used to beat and abuse them but they did not change their ways. He complained to the Prophet and asked for his advice. Prophet Muhammad said that if his punishment was in proportion to their wrongs, well and good; otherwise Allah would punish him for his excess. On hearing this the man was upset and began crying. Prophet Muhammad recited the verse from the Qur'an, "We shall set up scales of justice on the Day of Resurrection." (1:47) and observed that the man did not read the Qur'an. After this he said, "O Allah's Messenger, it is better that I release them from my possession. Be witness that they are now free."

Mercy to Animals:

Aisha narrated that she once found difficulty in riding a horse, so she kept reining it in repeatedly. The Prophet then said, “You must have gentleness.” (Muslim)

Once the Prophet passed by a camel that was so emaciated its back was one with its abdomen. Upon that, the Prophet said, “Fear Allah with regard to livestock. Ride them in a fitting way and eat them when they are in good condition." (Abu Dawud)

He once entered the garden of man from the Ansar (Muslims of Madinah) and there was a camel. When the Prophet saw the camel it froze and its eyes started watering. Then the Prophet of Allah came to it and rubbed its ears so it calmed down. Then the Prophet said, “Who is the owner of this camel? Whose camel is this?” A young man from the Ansar told him, ”O Messenger of Allah, it belongs to me.” Then he told him (, “Do you not fear Allah with regard to this beast which Allah has let you own? It complained to me that you starve it and tire it by overworking it and using it beyond its capacity." (Ahmad and Abu Dawud)

He saw some people sitting on animals so he commented, “Keep them safe and sound when riding them and when leaving them, don’t use them as chairs for your side talks in the streets and markets. A ridden animal might be better than its rider and might remember and mention God more than its rider does." (Ahmad and Abu Yali)

Prophet Muhammad once said, “A woman was doomed to enter the Fire because of a cat. She imprisoned it and neither fed it nor set it free to eat the rodents of the earth.” ( Bukhari )

Prophet Muhammad warned against any human being causing a bird to feel panic about its little offspring. Someone took two chicks of a bird, which came in panic searching for its chicks. Prophet Muhammad then asked, “Who has distressed it by taking its chicks?” Then he asked them to return the chicks. (Abu Dawud)

The Prophet once passed by a burned out anthill. When the Prophet saw it he asked, “Who has burned it?” When he was informed of who had done it, he said, “Only the Lord of Fire has the right to punish with fire." (Abu Dawud)

Prophet Muhammad prohibited the killing of a bird for the sake of pleasure and not for a specific beneficial need, the Prophet said, “Anyone who would kill a bird, this bird would come on Doomsday and say, “God, this person killed me for pleasure and not for benefit." (An-Nasaai)

He saw a person preparing a lamb, laying it down while he was still sharpening his knife. Prophet Muhammad then commented, “Do you want to kill it twice? Sharpen your knife before you lay it down.” ( Bukhari and Muslim).

Once Prophet Muhammad saw a donkey on the road with a brand on its face, and said, "Allah's curse is on him who branded it." (Muslim)

PropellerAds

Allah knows best. The Prophet Muhammad SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam had the best personality and best character which all of us Muslims and non-Muslims must try to emulate/follow.

Among his (SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam)'s sayings from what I know and what I've learned is that you should "be careful or be afraid of the du'as of the Muslim you oppress/mistreat as there is no barrier between Allah and the du'as of a mistreated or unjustly wronged Muslim" meaning that Allah surely listens to the du'as of those Muslims who call upon Him (Allah) to complain about those disblievers or sinners who have done them any wrongdoing.

Evidence that a Muslim's du'as against a non-Muslim or evildoer who mistreats that Muslim will surely be answered by Allah is in the situation where the Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam was made fun of by some so-called leaders of some disbelieving tribes at that time while he (SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam) was praying. The du'as of the Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam against those kaafir or mushrik men was answered in the Battle or Badr so his (SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam)'s du'as were answered as Allah is the Most Just and All-Hearing who responds to those Muslims who sincerely call upon Him (Allah) every day and every night. Allah knows best.

I know that the Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam was always honest and sincere, so I try my best to be honest and sincere

He (SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam) remembered Allah much so much so that (I think) his lips kept moving in utterance of words of remembrance of Allah or adhkaarAllah and du'as to be said in the daytime and evening, so I try my best to follow his (SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam)'s beautiful example and remember Allah whenever I can

e.g. always say the adhkaar as-sabaah (morning adhkaar every day)

and adhkaar al-masaa (evening adhkaar every night)

and lots of Tasbeeh (SubhanAllah), Tahmeed (Alhamdulillah),

Takbeer (AllahuAkbar) and La IlahailAllah Muhammad RasoolAllah

and lots of AstaghfurAllah every day and night

As salaam alaykum

very good post brother. The more we learn about the prophet the more we should strive to be like him. People who say the prophet wanted money or fame don't know who he really is and have not made enough effort to get to know him but hopefully your post will help them re think.

The Justice Of Muhammad

i am proud that i am a follower of this prophet of God

Just a brief comment on this subject.

Discussing Muhammed's personality using only the Quran and Hadith as reference is like discussing Stalin's personality using only the official contemporary Politburo biographies as reference.

A completely pointless exercise if you are after historical truth.

That is all. Carry on.

Just a brief comment on this subject.

Discussing Muhammed's personality using only the Quran and Hadith as reference is like discussing Stalin's personality using only the official contemporary Politburo biographies as reference.

A completely pointless exercise if you are after historical truth.

That is all. Carry on.

this is most perverted text from you so far on this forum, maybe we should read texts about muhammed from his enemies??? and then base our opinion about muhammed from those texts wich have so much lies that they could create black holes and swallow us all.

M.K.Gandhi, YOUNG INDIA, 1924

m.k.gandhi.jpg"...I became more than ever convinced that it was not the sword that won a place for Islam in those days in the scheme of life. It was the rigid simplicity, the utter self-effacement of the prophet, the scrupulous regard for his pledges, his intense devotion to his friends and followers, his intrepidity, his fearlessness, his absolute trust in God and his own mission. These, and not the sword carried everything before them and surmounted every trouble." YOUNG INDIA, 1924

Lamartine - Histoire de la Turquie, Paris 1854, Vol II, pp. 276-77:

lamartine.jpg"If greatness of purpose, smallness of means, and astounding results are the three criteria of human genius, who could dare to compare any great man in modern history with Muhammad? The most famous men created arms, laws and empires only. They founded, if anything at all, no more than material powers which often crumbled away before their eyes. This man moved not only armies, legislations, empires, peoples and dynasties, but millions of men in one-third of the then inhabited world; and more than that, he moved the altars, the gods, the religions, the ideas, the beliefs and souls... the forbearance in victory, his ambition, which was entirely devoted to one idea and in no manner striving for an empire; his endless prayers, his mystic conversations with God, his death and his triumph after death; all these attest not to an imposture but to a firm conviction which gave him the power to restore a dogma. This dogma was twofold, the unit of God and the immateriality of God; the former telling what God is, the latter telling what God is not; the one overthrowing false gods with the sword, the other starting an idea with words.

"Philosopher, orator, apostle, legislator, warrior, conqueror of ideas, restorer of rational dogmas, of a cult without images; the founder of twenty terrestrial empires and of one spiritual empire, that is Muhammad. As regards all standards by which human greatness may be measured, we may well ask, is there any man greater than he?"

Edward Gibbon and Simon Ocklay  - History of the Saracen Empire, London, 1870, p. 54:

edward%20gibbon%20and%20simon%20ocklay.j"It is not the propagation but the permanency of his religion that deserves our wonder, the same pure and perfect impression which he engraved at Mecca and Medina is preserved, after the revolutions of twelve centuries by the Indian, the African and the Turkish proselytes of the Koran...The Mahometans have uniformly withstood the temptation of reducing the object of their faith and devotion to a level with the senses and imagination of man. 'I believe in One God and Mahomet the Apostle of God', is the simple and invariable profession of Islam. The intellectual image of the Deity has never been degraded by any visible idol; the honors of the prophet have never transgressed the measure of human virtue, and his living precepts have restrained the gratitude of his disciples within the bounds of reason and religion."

Rev. Bosworth Smith, Mohammed and Mohammadanism, London 1874, p. 92:

rev.%20bosworth%20smith.jpg"He was Caesar and Pope in one; but he was Pope without Pope's pretensions, Caesar without the legions of Caesar: without a standing army, without a bodyguard, without a palace, without a fixed revenue; if ever any man had the right to say that he ruled by the right divine, it was Mohammed, for he had all the power without its instruments and without its supports."

Annie Besant, The Life and Teachings of Muhammad, Madras 1932, p. 4:

annie%20besant.jpg"It is impossible for anyone who studies the life and character of the great Prophet of Arabia, who knows how he taught and how he lived, to feel anything but reverence for that mighty Prophet, one of the great messengers of the Supreme. And although in what I put to you I shall say many things which may be familiar to many, yet I myself feel whenever I re-read them, a new way of admiration, a new sense of reverence for that mighty Arabian teacher."

Montgomery Watt, Mohammad at Mecca, Oxford 1953, p. 52:

montgomery%20watt.jpg"His readiness to undergo persecutions for his beliefs, the high moral character of the men who believed in him and looked up to him as leader, and the greatness of his ultimate achievement – all argue his fundamental integrity. To suppose Muhammad an impostor raises more problems than it solves. Moreover, none of the great figures of history is so poorly appreciated in the West as Muhammad."

James A. Michener, 'Islam: The Misunderstood Religion' in Reader's Digest (American Edition), May 1955, pp. 68-70:

james%20a.%20michener.jpg"Muhammad, the inspired man who founded Islam, was born about A.D. 570 into an Arabian tribe that worshipped idols. Orphaned at birth, he was always particularly solicitous of the poor and needy, the widow and the orphan, the slave and the downtrodden. At twenty he was already a successful businessman, and soon became director of camel caravans for a wealthy widow. When he reached twenty-five, his employer, recognizing his merit, proposed marriage. Even though she was fifteen years older, he married her, and as long as she lived, remained a devoted husband.

"Like almost every major prophet before him, Muhammad fought shy of serving as the transmitter of God's word, sensing his own inadequacy. But the angel commanded 'Read'. So far as we know, Muhammad was unable to read or write, but he began to dictate those inspired words which would soon revolutionize a large segment of the earth: "There is one God."

"In all things Muhammad was profoundly practical. When his beloved son Ibrahim died, an eclipse occurred, and rumors of God's personal condolence quickly arose. Whereupon Muhammad is said to have announced, 'An eclipse is a phenomenon of nature. It is foolish to attribute such things to the death or birth of a human-being.'

"At Muhammad's own death an attempt was made to deify him, but the man who was to become his administrative successor killed the hysteria with one of the noblest speeches in religious history: 'If there are any among you who worshipped Muhammad, he is dead. But if it is God you worshipped, He lives forever.'"

Michael H. Hart, The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History, New York: Hart Publishing Company, Inc. 1978, p. 33:

michael%20h.%20hart.jpg"My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world's most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular level."

Sarojini Naidu, the famous Indian poetess says – S. Naidu, Ideals of Islam, Speeches and Writings, Madaras, 1918

sarojini%20naidu.jpg“It was the first religion that preached and practiced democracy; for, in the Masjid, when the call for prayer is sounded and worshippers are gathered together, the democracy of Islam is embodied five times a day when the peasant and king kneel side by side and proclaim: 'God Alone is Great'... “

Thomas Caryle – Heros and Heros Worship

thomas%20caryle.jpg“how one man single-handedly, could weld warring tribes and Bedouins into a most powerful and civilized nation in less than two decades?”

“…The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammed) are disgraceful to ourselves only…How one man single-handedly, could weld warring tribes and wandering Bedouins into a most powerful and civilized nation in less than two decades….A silent great soul, one of that who cannot but be earnest. He was to kindle the world; the world’s Maker had ordered so."

Stanley Lane-Poole – Table Talk of the Prophet

stanley%20lane-poole.jpg“He was the most faithful protector of those he protected, the sweetest and most agreeable in conversation. Those who saw him were suddenly filled with reverence; those who came near him loved him; they who described him would say, "I have never seen his like either before or after." He was of great taciturnity, but when he spoke it was with emphasis and deliberation, and no one could forget what he said...”

George Bernard Shaw - The Genuine Islam Vol.No.8, 1936.

george%20bernard%20shaw.jpg“I believe if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring much needed peace and happiness.

I have studied him - the man and in my opinion is far from being an anti–Christ. He must be called the Savior of Humanity.

I have prophesied about the faith of Mohammad that it would be acceptable the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today.”

this is most perverted text from you so far on this forum,

You clearly consider logic and critical analysis as perverted. That seems kind of, well...perverted.

maybe we should read texts about muhammed from his enemies??? and then base our opinion about muhammed from those texts wich have so much lies that they could create black holes and swallow us all.

Another illogical rant from someone who does not understand even the basics of how to conduct historical analysis.

You take all sources and compare them. If you have conflicting sources, you study the provenance of those sources. If you have corroborative sources, you cautiously give them more credence.

If you have one unsupported source with a vested interest, you treat it with suspicion.

All those lovely quotes are merely subjective opinion. If I could be bothered, I'm sure I could find just as many of an opposite opinion. They are not historical research. It is almost impossible to know the personality of any ancient historical figure, even those who have large volumes of independent observations. This is the same as your daft "miracles". You are just making assertions that cannot and need not be made.

Remeber your OP was about his personality, not the early history of Islam.

I had decided not to respond to any more of your posts but I just can't help myself. They are just so potty!

You clearly consider logic and critical analysis as perverted. That seems kind of, well...perverted.

Another illogical rant from someone who does not understand even the basics of how to conduct historical analysis.

You take all sources and compare them. If you have conflicting sources, you study the provenance of those sources. If you have corroborative sources, you cautiously give them more credence.

If you have one unsupported source with a vested interest, you treat it with suspicion.

All those lovely quotes are merely subjective opinion. If I could be bothered, I'm sure I could find just as many of an opposite opinion. They are not historical research. It is almost impossible to know the personality of any ancient historical figure, even those who have large volumes of independent observations. This is the same as your daft "miracles". You are just making assertions that cannot and need not be made.

Remeber your OP was about his personality, not the early history of Islam.

I had decided not to respond to any more of your posts but I just can't help myself. They are just so potty!

why are you here then?? if you prefer more non-muslims opinions about muhammed who hated muhammed, then go to their websites and read their lies about muhammed, maybe that will statisfy you.

Andalusi, what of the Hadiths that are less than complimentary about Mohammed? Do you just take them as unreliable? If Bukhari and Muslim hadiths are taken to be widely reliable, or so I'm told, then do you take something they say that could be seen as negative about Mohammed's personality as error or do they in fact offer a balanced view of the man, Mohammed? By people who knew him.

Are today's muslims guilty of painting Mohammed as some kind of Saint choosing to ignore any negative things about him? Don't get me wrong, Mohammed did lots of good, but I don't believe he himself every thought of himself as perfect, it seems like his followers have elevated him to this position and he has had no say in it at all. Do you wonder if he could come back and see what his followers said of him today he would recognise it was himself they were following?

Btw, I thought George Bernard Shaw was widely accepted as an atheist, and regarding that particular quote there is some doubt as to weather or not it came from him.

Edited by Tunisia

Btw, I thought George Bernard Shaw was widely accepted as an atheist, and regarding that particular quote there is some doubt as to weather or not it came from him.

You are correct. The variously mangled "quote" comes from a Malaysian magazine called "Genuine Islam" Vol 1, published Jan 1936, which contained a conversation between GBS and Maulana Siddiqui. The oft quoted passage does not appear in the actual body of the interview, but in a separate quote box, without attribution.

Actual quotes attributed to Shaw from that interview are things like

"You spoke on the 'Philosophy of Peace', but as a Muslim it would have been more appropriate if you had delivered a lecture on the 'Philosophy of War', for Islam, doubtless, has spread at the point of the sword!"

"What I find difficult to understand is how you can possibly present the picture of Heaven and Hell, which is portrayed in the Qur'an, in a manner convincing to persons conversant with science"

"There is no doubt that your way of presenting the Islamic teachings is very fascinating, but will the orthodox section of the Muslims agree with you?"
And yes, he was a lifelong atheist. In his will he requested that no one should imply that he accepted the beliefs of any specific religious organization.

Andalusi, what of the Hadiths that are less than complimentary about Mohammed? Do you just take them as unreliable? If Bukhari and Muslim hadiths are taken to be widely reliable, or so I'm told, then do you take something they say that could be seen as negative about Mohammed's personality as error or do they in fact offer a balanced view of the man, Mohammed? By people who knew him.

Are today's muslims guilty of painting Mohammed as some kind of Saint choosing to ignore any negative things about him? Don't get me wrong, Mohammed did lots of good, but I don't believe he himself every thought of himself as perfect, it seems like his followers have elevated him to this position and he has had no say in it at all. Do you wonder if he could come back and see what his followers said of him today he would recognise it was himself they were following?

yes, but i want you to show me that hadith from bukhari or muslim.

Well, ok. Seeing as you ask for some examples, but I don't know why you need them. It's possible they are fake but my fiancée says they are correct, that is they are in Hadith. So, do you think they are an error?

Bukhari:V4B52N270-271 “The Prophet said, ‘Who is ready to kill Ashraf? He has said injurious things about Allah and His Apostle.’ Maslama got up saying, ‘O Allah’s Apostle! Would you like me to kill him?’ The Prophet replied, ‘Yes.’ Maslama said, ‘Then allow me to say what I like [i.e., lie].’ Muhammad said, ‘I allow you.’ ”

Bukhari:V4B52N261 “A group of eight men [...] killed the shepherd and drove away the camels, and they became unbelievers after they were Muslims. When the Prophet was informed by a shouter for help, he sent some men in their pursuit, and before the sun rose high, they were brought, and he had their hands and feet cut off. Then he ordered for nails which were heated and passed over their eyes, and they were left in the Harra (i.e. rocky land in Medina). They asked for water, and nobody provided them with water till they died.”

Bukhari:V1B6N301 “[Muhammad] said, ‘O women! Give alms, as I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-fire were you (women).’ They asked, ‘Why is it so, O Allah’s Apostle ?’ He replied, ‘You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you.’ The women asked, ‘O Allah’s Apostle! What is deficient in our intelligence and religion?’ He said, ‘Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?’ They replied in the affirmative. He said, ‘This is the deficiency in her intelligence. Isn’t it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?’ The women replied in the affirmative. He said, ‘This is the deficiency in her religion.’ ”

Muslim 4:2127 [Muhammad’s 9-year-old wife Aisha recounts how Muhammad stroke her on her chest — which, as she describes, “caused me pain” — because she followed him out of the house without his permission.]

Well, ok. Seeing as you ask for some examples, but I don't know why you need them. It's possible they are fake but my fiancée says they are correct, that is they are in Hadith. So, do you think they are an error?

Bukhari:V4B52N270-271 “The Prophet said, ‘Who is ready to kill Ashraf? He has said injurious things about Allah and His Apostle.’ Maslama got up saying, ‘O Allah’s Apostle! Would you like me to kill him?’ The Prophet replied, ‘Yes.’ Maslama said, ‘Then allow me to say what I like [i.e., lie].’ Muhammad said, ‘I allow you.’ ”

Bukhari:V4B52N261 “A group of eight men [...] killed the shepherd and drove away the camels, and they became unbelievers after they were Muslims. When the Prophet was informed by a shouter for help, he sent some men in their pursuit, and before the sun rose high, they were brought, and he had their hands and feet cut off. Then he ordered for nails which were heated and passed over their eyes, and they were left in the Harra (i.e. rocky land in Medina). They asked for water, and nobody provided them with water till they died.”

Bukhari:V1B6N301 “[Muhammad] said, ‘O women! Give alms, as I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-fire were you (women).’ They asked, ‘Why is it so, O Allah’s Apostle ?’ He replied, ‘You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you.’ The women asked, ‘O Allah’s Apostle! What is deficient in our intelligence and religion?’ He said, ‘Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?’ They replied in the affirmative. He said, ‘This is the deficiency in her intelligence. Isn’t it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?’ The women replied in the affirmative. He said, ‘This is the deficiency in her religion.’ ”

Muslim 4:2127 [Muhammad’s 9-year-old wife Aisha recounts how Muhammad stroke her on her chest — which, as she describes, “caused me pain” — because she followed him out of the house without his permission.]

It's possible they are fake but my fiancée says they are correct, that is they are in Hadith. So, do you think they are an error?

yes those are correct but you will get explanation for those

Did Prophet Muhammad beat his wife, Aisha?

Some missionary haters of Islam lie that Holy Prophet Muhammad, may Allah bless him, actually did beat his wife ‘Aisha, may Allah be pleased with her. Let us analyze the actual narration, they use and see what it really implies.

The narration they use comes from Sahih Muslim and it goes as;

Muhammad b. Qais said (to the people): Should I not narrate to you (a hadith of the Holy Prophet) on my authority and on the authority of my mother? We thought that he meant the mother who had given him birth. He (Muhammad b. Qais) then reported that it was 'A'isha who had narrated this: Should I not narrate to you about myself and about the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him)? We said: Yes. She said: When it was my turn for Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) to spend the night with me, he turned his side, put on his mantle and took off his shoes and placed them near his feet, and spread the corner of his shawl on his bed and then lay down till he thought that I had gone to sleep. He took hold of his mantle slowly and put on the shoes slowly, and opened the door and went out and then closed it lightly. I covered my head, put on my veil and tightened my waist wrapper, and then went out following his steps till he reached Baqi'. He stood there and he stood for a long time. He then lifted his hands three times, and then returned and I also returned. He hastened his steps and I also hastened my steps. He ran and I too ran. He came (to the house) and I also came (to the house). I, however, preceded him and I entered (the house), and as I lay down in the bed, he (the Holy Prophet) entered the (house), and said: Why is it, O 'A'isha, that you are out of breath? I said: There is nothing. He said: Tell me or the Subtle and the Aware would inform me. I said: Messenger of Allah, may my father and mother be ransom for you, and then I told him (the whole story). He said: Was it the darkness (of your shadow) that I saw in front of me? I said: Yes. He struck me on the chest which caused me pain, and then said: Did you think that Allah and His Apostle would deal unjustly with you? She said: Whatsoever the people conceal, Allah will know it. He said: Gabriel came to me when you saw me. He called me and he concealed it from you. I responded to his call, but I too concealed it from you (for he did not come to you), as you were not fully dressed. I thought that you had gone to sleep, and I did not like to awaken you, fearing that you may be frightened. He (Gabriel) said: Your Lord has commanded you to go to the inhabitants of Baqi' (to those lying in the graves) and beg pardon for them. I said: Messenger of Allah, how should I pray for them (How should I beg forgiveness for them)? He said: Say, Peace be upon the inhabitants of this city (graveyard) from among the Believers and the Muslims, and may Allah have mercy on those who have gone ahead of us, and those who come later on, and we shall, God willing, join you.

The wording used:

Consider the second highlight in the narration. This is the wording they seek evidence with. Now the Arabic wording for this is;

فَلَهَدَنِي فِي صَدْرِي لَهْدَةً أَوْجَعَتْنِي

“He struck (lahad) me on the chest which caused me pain.”

Now for the meaning of the word, ‘lahad’, let’s refer to Lane’s lexicon. He writes;

Lane%2Bon%2B%2527lahad%2527.JPG

Edward William Lane, Arabic-English Lexicon p. 2676

So it simply means, ‘to push.’ Therefore the most appropriate translation ought to be, ““He pushed me [hard] on the chest which caused me pain.”

The context:

Although the narration is self explanatory but usually people miss the parts which explain the thing.

1- The Prophet, may Allah bless him, was with ‘Aisha, may Allah bless her that night. Archangel Gabriel came to him and asked to him to move to Baqi’ graveyard.

2- The Prophet, may Allah bless him, went out of the bed and moved to Baqi’.

3- ‘Aisha, may Allah be pleased with her, curious as to where he had done, followed him and once he turned back she hastened before him and thus was out of breath.

4- When ‘Aisha, may Allah be pleased with her, on being questioned told the Prophet, may Allah bless him, the whole story, he pushed her hard on her chest.

5- Although this pressing of the chest caused ‘Aisha, may Allah bless her, some pain but it was not intended as beating rather, it was only to ward off the wrong thought that had come to her heart. This is clear from the words of the Prophet, may Allah bless him; “Did you think that Allah and His Apostle would deal unjustly with you?” i.e. Allah will ask his Messenger to spend the night of Aisha’, may Allah bless turn, with some other wife.

Holy Prophet used to do it to ward off wrong thoughts:

There are more reports showing that Holy Prophet, may Allah bless him, used to do the same pushing and striking on chest to ward off wrong thoughts.

See the following two examples;

فَسَقَطَ فِي نَفْسِي مِنْ التَّكْذِيبِ وَلَا إِذْ كُنْتُ فِي الْجَاهِلِيَّةِ فَلَمَّا رَأَى رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ مَا قَدْ غَشِيَنِي ضَرَبَ فِي صَدْرِي فَفِضْتُ عَرَقًا وَكَأَنَّمَا أَنْظُرُ إِلَى اللَّهِ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ فَرَقًا

“Ubbay said: There occurred in my mind a sort of denial which did not occur even during the Days of Ignorance. When the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him, saw how I was affected, was affected (by a wrong idea), he struck my chest. I broke into a sweat and felt as if I were looking at Allah in fear.” (Sahih Muslim, Hadith 1356)

Clearly the Prophet, may Allah bless him, did it to ward off the evil thoughts that occurred in the mind of Ubayy, may Allah be pleased with him.

Another narration goes as;

أن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم ضرب صدر عمر بن الخطاب بيده حين أسلم ثلاث مرات وهو يقول : « اللهم أخرج ما في صدره من غل وأبدله إيمانا

“The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him, hit the chest of Umar bin Khattab with his hand three times when he embraced Islam and he said, ‘O Allah remove the malice from his heart and replace it with faith.’” (Mustadrak al-Hakim, Hadith 4492. Hakim authenticated it)

Now obviously, his reversion to Islam was a great event and it is inconceivable that Prophet, may Allah bless him, would ‘beat’ him then. Even though the narration uses the word ‘dharab’ meaning ‘hit/strike’ no reasonable person that Holy Prophet, may Allah bless him, beat him. And clearly the context proves the Prophet did it to for the same reason as in the example above and in the Hadith in question.

Did Sayyidah Aisha think she was beaten?

If someone is still obstinate on his erroneous and dishonest assertion or is still confused, let us read as to what ‘Aisha, may Allah be pleased with her, herself think. In the same compendium of Hadith, Sahih Muslim, there is a narration;

عَنْ عَائِشَةَ قَالَتْ مَا ضَرَبَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ شَيْئًا قَطُّ بِيَدِهِ وَلَا امْرَأَةً وَلَا خَادِمًا إِلَّا أَنْ يُجَاهِدَ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ

“Aisha reported that Allah's Messenger, may Allah bless him, never beat anyone with his hand, neither a woman nor a servant, but only, in the case when he had been fighting in the cause of Allah …” (Sahih Muslim, Hadith 4296)

One can see, Sayyidah Aisha, may Allah be pleased with her, is saying that Prophet, may Allah bless him, never beat any woman or a servant. After such a clear testimony from her, is it anything but intellectual dishonesty to assert to the contrary?

Also read about Holy Prophet’s, may Allah bless him, marriage with Sayyidah Aisha. A look at the article about so-called wife-beating in Islam will be helpful too.

Indeed Allah knows the best!

what is wrong with death penalty for those who deserve it?

prophet Muhammed was like a president of a new Islamic state, he brought laws from God wich also includes death penalty for some crimes people do. If some countries , example USA have death penalty for some crimes why is it bad if Islamic state has such penalties???

f the person is innocent and someone preformed death penalty, then that wopuld be hugeee problem. but i dont see any problem if there is punishment for those who deserve it.

Ka’b bin al-Ashraf al-Yahoodee was a jew in Al-Madinah who used to recite defamatory poetry about the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم and also made explicit poems about the muslim women. Hence, he was ordered to be killed by the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم.

Since you asked this question in the light of the other question about insulting the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم, I have to clear up some details about this event in history.

•Ka’b bin al-Ashraf returned from Makkah to Madinah and continued reciting such poems. The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم was the ruler of al-Madinah and Ka’b bin al-Ashraf was living under his authority in Madinah. And hence he was killed.

•The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم didn't ask his companions to punish the neighbours of Ka’b bin al-Ashraf or his family members for what Ka'b bin al-Ashraf did. Nor did he harm any representatives of his tribe Banu an-Nadeer, or randomly target the Jews of al-Madeenah nor did he boycott their businesses. Because this will be unjust.

•The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم as a ruler dealt with Ka'b bin al-Ashraf specifically and punished him for the harm he had done.

Peace means being just. The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم was just and carried out the prescribed punishment for the person under his jurisdiction and rule. To show this, I have to mention another incident where the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم was insulted but the person who did it was not living under his rule at that particular time.

This is about a man named ‘Abdullaah bin Khatal. Many ahadiths mention him. He had two female singers whom he taught to make fun of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم by singing. However, Ibn Khatal was living in Makkah outside the rule of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم . The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم did not order his companions to kill him then or harm the kuffar of Makkah or any other town in retribution for defamation and insults of Ibn Khatal because that would be unjust. So he صلى الله عليه وسلم was patient and did not oppress.

So, when he conquered Makkah later, he صلى الله عليه وسلم ordered his companions to kill only few among the people whom he named. Among them were ‘Abdullaah bin Khatal and his two singers. He didn't harm their neighbors or family or anyone else. He carried out punishment on only the person who did the crime. And it was done when Makkah came under his rule. Hence, this is the justice.

It is not from the way of Islam to go and carry out punishment on someone who is not living under the rule of Muslims. And it is injustice to harm someone else for the crime of a person.

[...] what is this, why dont you put whole hadith, not cut some important parts

this is evidence that you only copy material from anti-islamic sites

Narrated Anas bin Malik: A group of eight men from the tribe of 'Ukil came to the Prophet and then they found the climate of Medina unsuitable for them. So, they said, "O Allah's Apostle! Provide us with some milk." Allah's Apostle said, "I recommend that you should join the herd of camels." So they went and drank the urine and the milk of the camels (as a medicine) till they became healthy and fat. Then they killed the shepherd and drove away the camels, and they became unbelievers after they were Muslims. When the Prophet was informed by a shouter for help, he sent some men in their pursuit, and before the sun rose high, they were brought, and he had their hands and feet cut off. Then he ordered for nails which were heated and passed over their eyes, and whey were left in the Harra (i.e. rocky land in Medina). They asked for water, and nobody provided them with water till they died (Abu Qilaba, a sub-narrator said, "They committed murder and theft and fought against Allah and His Apostle, and spread evil in the land.")

so what is wrong punishing a murderers???

Bukhari:V1B6N301 “[Muhammad] said, ‘O women! Give alms, as I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-fire were you (women).’ They asked, ‘Why is it so, O Allah’s Apostle ?’ He replied, ‘You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you.’ The women asked, ‘O Allah’s Apostle! What is deficient in our intelligence and religion?’ He said, ‘Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?’ They replied in the affirmative. He said, ‘This is the deficiency in her intelligence. Isn’t it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?’ The women replied in the affirmative. He said, ‘This is the deficiency in her religion.’

many women will be in hell beacuse of ungreatfulness towards their husbands, (if husbands were really good for them)

deficient in intelligence means that women have their periods, menstruation, post birth period when they have their hormonal problems, and that cause that they forget that is why it is ordered that two women need to testify instead of a 1 woman, beacuse that woman remember the other woman if she forget. as you can see in the verse itself it connect her situation with menses, that is where her deficient in intelligence and relgion comes from.

Did Prophet Muhammad beat his wife, Aisha?

Who said Mohammed beat Aisha? I never said that. I just chose random hadiths from a list. You believe what you like, it was you asked me to give you the hadiths it does not bother me either way I was only asking you a question as to how you get round the less than complimentary hadiths that's all. Beside strike, shove, push, causing pain is causing pain.

what is wrong with death penalty for those who deserve it?

prophet Muhammed was like a president of a new Islamic state, he brought laws from God wich also includes death penalty for some crimes people do. If some countries , example USA have death penalty for some crimes why is it bad if Islamic state has such penalties???

f the person is innocent and someone preformed death penalty, then that wopuld be hugeee problem. but i dont see any problem if there is punishment for those who deserve it.

Personally I don't believe the death penalty is necessary in any civilised society. It does not act as a deterrent, it does not right the wrong against the victim and it is nothing more than an act of vengeance. Vengeance is mine sayeth The Lord. That means debts are paid before God so if I have confidence in Gods justice then I don't need to be collectively responsible for ending the life of another by upholding the death penalty.

If you truly believe that writing some bad poetry, disagreeing with someone or speaking badly about them is deserving of the death penalty then woe betide you!!! The greater man would forgive.

so what is wrong punishing a murderers???

The Old Testament brought an eye for an eye justice, Jesus taught that forgiveness was Gods way, Mohammed brought back eye for an eye justice. There is nothing wrong with punishing murderers the question should be how should they be punished? If you can only see to punish in such a way as to cut of hands and feet, blind them with hot nails and leave them to die of thirst in the hot sun, then that is barbaric, and makes a person just as bad as the murderer they are supposedly punishing. I worry that you don't see this fact.

many women will be in hell beacuse of ungreatfulness towards their husbands, (if husbands were really good for them)

deficient in intelligence means that women have their periods, menstruation, post birth period when they have their hormonal problems, and that cause that they forget that is why it is ordered that two women need to testify instead of a 1 woman, beacuse that woman remember the other woman if she forget. as you can see in the verse itself it connect her situation with menses, that is where her deficient in intelligence and relgion comes from.

As for this reply, well, as a woman I'm offended. How utterly ridiculous to claim that otherwise intelligent women lose the plot when they are menstruating or postpartum to extent that they are not as reliable as two men!!!!!!!! I'm thinking in the interests of equality there will also be an equal share of men to be found in Hell for being ungrateful to their wives.

Honestly, excuse as you wish, or you could accept that your Prophet Mohammed was just an ordinary man, and as such prone to sin like the rest of us. That mostly got things right but now and again maybe did not always choose to do the better thing.

Who said Mohammed beat Aisha? I never said that. I just chose random hadiths from a list. You believe what you like, it was you asked me to give you the hadiths it does not bother me either way I was only asking you a question as to how you get round the less than complimentary hadiths that's all. Beside strike, shove, push, causing pain is causing pain.

Personally I don't believe the death penalty is necessary in any civilised society. It does not act as a deterrent, it does not right the wrong against the victim and it is nothing more than an act of vengeance. Vengeance is mine sayeth The Lord. That means debts are paid before God so if I have confidence in Gods justice then I don't need to be collectively responsible for ending the life of another by upholding the death penalty.

If you truly believe that writing some bad poetry, disagreeing with someone or speaking badly about them is deserving of the death penalty then woe betide you!!! The greater man would forgive.

The Old Testament brought an eye for an eye justice, Jesus taught that forgiveness was Gods way, Mohammed brought back eye for an eye justice. There is nothing wrong with punishing murderers the question should be how should they be punished? If you can only see to punish in such a way as to cut of hands and feet, blind them with hot nails and leave them to die of thirst in the hot sun, then that is barbaric, and makes a person just as bad as the murderer they are supposedly punishing. I worry that you don't see this fact.

As for this reply, well, as a woman I'm offended. How utterly ridiculous to claim that otherwise intelligent women lose the plot when they are menstruating or postpartum to extent that they are not as reliable as two men!!!!!!!! I'm thinking in the interests of equality there will also be an equal share of men to be found in Hell for being ungrateful to their wives.

Honestly, excuse as you wish, or you could accept that your Prophet Mohammed was just an ordinary man, and as such prone to sin like the rest of us. That mostly got things right but now and again maybe did not always choose to do the better thing.

Who said Mohammed beat Aisha? I never said that.

but you posted hadith wich was translated wrong in wich it says that Muhammed hit aisha, come on dont play jokes with me here.

Personally I don't believe the death penalty is necessary in any civilised society.

then you are against both bible and jesus beacuse bible and jesus support death penalty and you are agains them both.

to forgive is one of the most important parts of Islam, but forgivness as you christian portarys is ridicuolous, how can you forgive Hitler for killing 6 million jews? what is the point of hell if God forgives Hitler???

God can forgive what people do to him, but He will not likely forgive what people did to eachother.

If you can only see to punish in such a way as to cut of hands and feet, blind them with hot nails and leave them to die of thirst in the hot sun, then that is barbaric, and makes a person just as bad as the murderer they are supposedly punishing. I worry that you don't see this fact

the point of such punishment is to scare others to not repeat same mistake

As for this reply, well, as a woman I'm offended. How utterly ridiculous to claim that otherwise intelligent women lose the plot when they are menstruating or postpartum to extent that they are not as reliable as two men!!!!!!!!

learn science instead of your christian blind faith wich you follow blindly and then come back here to attack prophet hadith and quran, that is the reason why you should learn science and not only believe blindly everything christian church tells you without any proof.

science says exactly what Islam says about that

Menstrual Cycle Timing May Affect Academic Performance

http://voices.yahoo.com/menstrual-cycle-timing-may-affect-academic-performance-615622.html

For some women, the menstrual cycle can bring about a time that may actually serve to improve mood and mental processing. While some women may experience complications of memory loss with the menstrual cycle.....

What are common symptoms of PMS?

http://brown.edu/Student_Services/Health_Services/Health_Education/womens_health/menstruation.php

•Inability to concentrate and some memory loss

are you offended now by science?????????????????????????????????? :)

Edited by andalusi

but you posted hadith wich was translated wrong in wich it says that Muhammed hit aisha, come on dont play jokes with me here.

What's your problem? I posted some random hadiths at your request, I didn't say I agreed with it. If you have issue take it up with the Hadith not me, it's not my opinion.

then you are against both bible and jesus beacuse bible and jesus support death penalty and you are agains them both.

to forgive is one of the most important parts of Islam, but forgivness as you christian portarys is ridicuolous, how can you forgive Hitler for killing 6 million jews? what is the point of hell if God forgives Hitler???

At times Andalusi you don't half talk a load of c**p. The Bible advocates the death penalty in some circumstances. God Himself demanded the death penalty for some, however it was always tempered with His mercy, and for pretty heinous crimes, not crimes like writing duff poetry or insulting His prophets.

I may well disagree with the death penalty from my own personal perspective, that does not mean I am against the Bible or Jesus per se. I would prefer to execute mercy in the first instance, as Jesus often did in practice. Which Mohammed could have done to the people who's hands and feet he had chopped off. A quick death would have been kinder, showing mercy and forgiveness kinder still.

God can forgive what people do to him, but He will not likely forgive what people did to eachother.

Yes, God can forgive us our faults, and if we are to emulate god then surely it's nobler to at least try and show the same forgiveness to others. You have no proof of how God judges our actions towards each other, to say it's "not likely" is purely supposition on your part, but why should I be surprised at that!!

the point of such punishment is to scare others to not repeat same mistake

Well, if that works for you.

learn science instead of your christian blind faith wich you follow blindly and then come back here to attack prophet hadith and quran, that is the reason why you should learn science and not only believe blindly everything christian church tells you without any proof.

science says exactly what Islam says about thatMenstrual Cycle Timing May Affect Academic Performancehttp://voices.yahoo.com/menstrual-cycle-timing-may-affect-academic-performance-615622.html

For some women, the menstrual cycle can bring about a time that may actually serve to improve mood and mental processing. While some women may experience complications of memory loss with the menstrual cycle.....What are common symptoms of PMS?http://brown.edu/Student_Services/Health_Services/Health_Education/womens_health/menstruation.php•Inability to concentrate and some memory loss

are you offended now by science?????????????????????????????????? :)

No, just offended by you. :) key phrase here ~ FOR SOME WOMEN ~ so that does not mean all, or even the majority. Does Mohammed specify how many women are going to thus affected? Or are we all in the same basket? No Christian church has ever said that women are mentally deficient and there testimony is not as reliable as a mans because of the fact they happen to me menstruating. Would God have chosen women as prophets if he thought they were deficient?

You never answered my query, are the number of ungrateful husbands equal to that of wives to be found in Hell? You can answer that last question if you like then I suggest we leave the topic. Because it looks once again you just want to argue and I can't be bothered.

Edited by Tunisia

What's your problem? I posted some random hadiths at your request, I didn't say I agreed with it. If you have issue take it up with the Hadith not me, it's not my opinion.

At times Andalusi you don't half talk a load of c**p. The Bible advocates the death penalty in some circumstances. God Himself demanded the death penalty for some, however it was always tempered with His mercy, and for pretty heinous crimes, not crimes like writing duff poetry or insulting His prophets.

I may well disagree with the death penalty from my own personal perspective, that does not mean I am against the Bible or Jesus per se. I would prefer to execute mercy in the first instance, as Jesus often did in practice. Which Mohammed could have done to the people who's hands and feet he had chopped off. A quick death would have been kinder, showing mercy and forgiveness kinder still.

Yes, God can forgive us our faults, and if we are to emulate god then surely it's nobler to at least try and show the same forgiveness to others. You have no proof of how God judges our actions towards each other, to say it's "not likely" is purely supposition on your part, but why should I be surprised at that!!

No, just offended by you. :) key phrase here ~ FOR SOME WOMEN ~ so that does not mean all, or even the majority. Does Mohammed specify how many women are going to thus affected? Or are we all in the same basket? No Christian church has ever said that women are mentally deficient and there testimony is not as reliable as a mans because of the fact they happen to me menstruating. Would God have chosen women as prophets if he thought they were deficient?

You never answered my query, are the number of ungrateful husbands equal to that of wives to be found in Hell? You can answer that last question if you like then I suggest we leave the topic. Because it looks once again you just want to argue and I can't be bothered.

yes, it works.

Would God have chosen women as prophets if he thought they were deficient?

if God choosed women as prophets it would not be fair towards woman, beacuse being prophet is not luxurious life, it is very very difficult life, beacuse you have to call all people to God and people will for sure try to beat you, and kill you or do other bad stuff, so person must be very strong physically and mentally, it is more apropriate for me to be prophet than women just beacuse this task is so heavy, and that would be too much for women.

Does Mohammed specify how many women are going to thus affected? Or are we all in the same basket?

all are in same basket

and by the way, deficney in inteligence is memory loss for sure, it is not that they are dumb, no no no, must learned about Islam was prophets wife Aisha, when muhammed died, muhammed friends came to aisha for asking questions about Islam.

No Christian church has ever said that women are mentally deficient and there testimony is not as reliable as a mans because of the fact they happen to me menstruating.

it is wrong to say that,  no, only reason that there are two women at testimony is that if one of them forget the other shall remember her. that is all.

and science tells us that women have memory loss, during menstruation, postbirth period, and during menopauses.

if husband is ungrateful to his wife for all good she do to him, i am sure that this would lead him to hell , beacuse if you are not thankful for the visible good someone has done to you in this world , what about invisible good God do to you, then you are probabaly not thankful to God eighter, beacuse all food you eat comes from God, who makes it grow in earth, bananas, apples, tomatoe, potatos, beans and much much more. so if you are not thankful to people you are not thank to God for sure, and that can lead to hellfire, no matter who you are woman or man.

if God choosed women as prophets it would not be fair towards woman, beacuse being prophet is not luxurious life, it is very very difficult life, beacuse you have to call all people to God and people will for sure try to beat you, and kill you or do other bad stuff, so person must be very strong physically and mentally, it is more apropriate for me to be prophet than women just beacuse this task is so heavy, and that would be too much for women.

Just for your information there are at least ten women Prophetesses to be found in the Bible. I guess God was not of the opinion that these women were in any way lacking in intelligence or ability when He called them to His work ;)

Just for your information there are at least ten women Prophetesses to be found in the Bible. I guess God was not of the opinion that these women were in any way lacking in intelligence or ability when He called them to His work ;)

i cant trust so much on bible beacuse of so many mistakes and contradictions.

if God choosed women as prophets before men, then it is like giving a child 90kg(of something) to lift it up while you have a strong man next to him sitting without doing anything.

if you think it is fair to give burden or prophecy to women and give her mensutruation, pregnancy, hormonal changes, menopaus, post birth periods and men dont have these problems and you still choose a woman to take this difficult task. how fair is that????

so you think God in bible promotes exuality between men and women, that both can be prophets, but that is actually same as if there was strong man and woman and you give them, now you both have to lift up 100kg every day, who is more appopriate to do the job, man or woman??

if God choosed women as prophets before men, then it is like giving a child 90kg(of something) to lift it up while you have a strong man next to him sitting without doing anything.

if you think it is fair to give burden or prophecy to women and give her mensutruation, pregnancy, hormonal changes, menopaus, post birth periods and men dont have these problems and you still choose a woman to take this difficult task. how fair is that????

so you think God in bible promotes exuality between men and women, that both can be prophets, but that is actually same as if there was strong man and woman and you give them, now you both have to lift up 100kg every day, who is more appopriate to do the job, man or woman??

This is just pure sexism and misogyny!

There are many, many women on this planet who are physically stronger than you. Certainly more intelligent.

People are individuals and should be judged as such, not on the basis of their gender. Do you understand that the so called "science" that you keep quoting is as valid as the "science" that was used to justify discrimination on the grounds of race. Sexism is no different to racism. You should be ashamed of yourself, but you won't be because you will justify it by quoting scripture.

This is just pure sexism and misogyny!

There are many, many women on this planet who are physically stronger than you. Certainly more intelligent.

People are individuals and should be judged as such, not on the basis of their gender. Do you understand that the so called "science" that you keep quoting is as valid as the "science" that was used to justify discrimination on the grounds of race. Sexism is no different to racism. You should be ashamed of yourself, but you won't be because you will justify it by quoting scripture.

maybe this is better for you.

2ephnrc.jpg

you people think prophethood is funny easy job, so everybody can do it. no it is no funny at all nor is it easy.

You should be ashamed of yourself, but you won't be because you will justify it by quoting scripture.

and you should be ashamed of yourself by saying that woman should get this extremely hard job , to be a prophet , while God has created them with natural problems, like menstrution, pregnancy, post birth period, menopause problems and so on and on... 

if you still claim women should also get the prophethood from God, not only men, then you are promoting that ideology from the picture above.

Prophets were killed, humilitaed, tortured, they were forced to fight batlles, they must call peope to the religion of God and people humilitaed them..and you want to give this very difficult taks to women who allready have their own problem, and you call it sexism , you live in another reality, from another dimension. come back to earth and reality.

equality is you get dress for 180 cm long man and child get dress for 140 cm  

equality is not that both man and little child get dress 180 cm long. that is humiliating. 

same it is between woman and men.

is it OK, that strong men sit home with their children, cook food, do house work and so on, while their women , let say in menstruation, or menupauses go to battlefield and fight against enemy army. is this sexism??????

i can only say, come back to reality son, you are running in wrong direction.

Edited by andalusi

is it OK, that strong men sit home with their children, cook food, do house work and so on, while their women , let say in menstruation, or menupauses go to battlefield and fight against enemy army. is this sexism??????

i can only say, come back to reality son, you are running in wrong direction.

Equality means judging people as individuals, not considering everyone the same, which is what you are doing by saying that because some women are physically weaker than men or some may feel less than 100% when menstruating, they should all be judged by this standard.

You are attacking yet another straw man there (pretty much your only form of defence). Where on eath do you get the idea that sexual equality means sending middle-aged women to the front line while  fit and active men sit at home? It would seem that you are the one with a weak grasp on reality (as all your posts show).

Women who grow up in an enlightened society with unrestricted access to education and (almost) no restrictions on what they can do and achieve do not need to be protected from the nasty world, and themselves, by men who in most cases treat women as inferior out of a sense of inferiority about themselves.

Just take a look at the worlds of business, politics, sports, education, science, the arts, etc, etc. Notice how many women have achieved far more than you ever will? But a woman couldn't possibly be a prophet, whereas you could.

Equality means judging people as individuals, not considering everyone the same, which is what you are doing by saying that because some women are physically weaker than men or some may feel less than 100% when menstruating, they should all be judged by this standard.

You are attacking yet another straw man there (pretty much your only form of defence). Where on eath do you get the idea that sexual equality means sending middle-aged women to the front line while  fit and active men sit at home? It would seem that you are the one with a weak grasp on reality (as all your posts show).

Women who grow up in an enlightened society with unrestricted access to education and (almost) no restrictions on what they can do and achieve do not need to be protected from the nasty world, and themselves, by men who in most cases treat women as inferior out of a sense of inferiority about themselves.

Just take a look at the worlds of business, politics, sports, education, science, the arts, etc, etc. Notice how many women have achieved far more than you ever will? But a woman couldn't possibly be a prophet, whereas you could.

we can agree that we dissagree. that is all.

But a woman couldn't possibly be a prophet, whereas you could.

i told you the reasons why, by you keep repeating same stuff over and over again...

no, it is not like that all men can do the job eighter, prophets who deliever new book, law, calling people to Gods relgion, can only be strong emotionally men, and physically strong.