Islamic Forum
kellygreen

N.y. Times : Trash Catholics But Don't Mess With Islam

Associated Press

March 15, 2012

The New York Times is being accused of having a double standard when it comes to questioning religion, after it ran an ad calling on Catholics to leave their church, but nixed an ad making the same plea to Muslims.

The newspaper published an ad from Wisconsin-based Freedom From Religion Foundation on March 9 which asked Catholics, “why send your children to parochial schools to be indoctrinated into the next generation of obedient donors and voters?” The ad went on to call loyalty to the faith misplaced “after two decades of sex scandals involving preying priests, church complicity, collusion and cover-up going all the way to the top.”

But in a story first reported by The Daily Caller, when Pamela Geller, a blogger and executive director of Stop Islamization of America, offered the same $39,000 for the Old Gray Lady to run an ad making a similar appeal to Muslims, the newspaper passed.

"This shows the hypocrisy of The New York Times, the "gold standard" in journalism, and its willingness to kowtow to violent Islamic supremacist intimidation," said Geller.

Geller said her anti-Shariah ad was designed to mimic the anti-Catholic one. In calling on Muslims to quit their religion, the ad asked “Why put up with an institution that dehumanizes women and non-Muslims … [do] you keep identifying with the ideology that threatens liberty for women and menaces freedom by slaughtering, oppressing and subjugating non-Muslims… Join those of us who put humanity above the vengeful, hateful and violent teachings of Islam’s ‘prophet.’”

Times spokeswoman Eileen Murphy referred requests for comment to the letter the paper sent Geller when it declined to publish the ad.

"We have not made a decision not to publish the ad you refer to," stated the letter. "We made a decision to postpone publishing it in light of recent events in Afghanistan, including the Koran burning and the alleged killings of Afghani civilians by a member of the U.S. military. It is our belief that fallout from running this ad now could put US troops and civilians in the region in danger and we would like to avoid that."

Bill Donohue, the president of the Catholic League, called the first ad “vile.” But he said running it was a “judgment call.” However, the decision not to run Geller’s ad shows an agenda.

“It shows the disparate treatment and the duplicity of The New York Times,” Donohue said. “You can trash some religions, like Roman Catholicism, with impunity, but you cannot trash Islam?”

PropellerAds

Not much of a surprise there. There seems to be alot of willingness to go after and trash Christianity from the media. The RCC seems to be a favorite target IMHO makes for good raitings and Christians usualy won't riot over it (though maybe we should start).

How 'funny' would that be ?

Well it would be funny as it is a sight that would be diferent. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM maybe its time for a road trip with a giant caravan :lol: Wonder if the local priests and bishops would get on board? :D

I've never burned anyone in effigy or chanted 'Death To...' anything. Would be different. But I'm NOT going to blow myself up. I have to draw the line somewhere.

P.S. Hey, where are you getting the emoticons from ?

name='kellygreen' timestamp='1331936873' post='1255994']

I've never burned anyone in effigy or chanted 'Death To...' anything. Would be different. But I'm NOT going to blow myself up. I have to draw the line somewhere.

Effigy burning is great fun especialy when combine with a death chant. Naw blowing ones self up is way to ineficent. It is a much better tactic to snipe them out from a mile and a half :ninja: :D ;)

P.S. Hey, where are you getting the emoticons from ?

If ya look at the top of the text box you will see a happy face in yellow. Click on it and it will bring up a row at the bottom full of faces with a option to show all.

Happy St. Patrick's day! This weekend all are Irish :clover:

I have heard it said that people living in hot countries are generally more emotive than those living in cooler climes ... add the Quran/Islam into to the mix and BOOM!!

From reading many of your posts I don't feel like you are here to learn about Islam kelly. It is a shame you aren't trying to learn about Islam as I am sure you could learn many things if you asked.

I've never burned anyone in effigy or chanted 'Death To.

For example if you think of the current situation in Afghan , I find it understandable. After so many years the Afghan people are tired - if you had an Islamic army in your hometown, telling people what to do, doing raids on your home, killing people in area who are innocent you would be tired too. It is hard to say what you would do in a situation you are not in.

Edited by ParadiseLost

From reading many of your posts I don't feel like you are here to learn about Islam kelly. It is a shame you aren't trying to learn about Islam as I am sure you could learn many things if you asked.

For example if you think of the current situation in Afghan , I find it understandable. After so many years the Afghan people are tired - if you had an Islamic army in your hometown, telling people what to do, doing raids on your home, killing people in area who are innocent you would be tired too. It is hard to say what you would do in a situation you are not in.

Don't worry. I am learning PLENTY about Islam. If the taliban turned over Bin Laden after 9/11, none of this stuff in Afghanistan would have happened.

Don't worry. I am learning PLENTY about Islam. If the taliban turned over Bin Laden after 9/11, none of this stuff in Afghanistan would have happened.

here is your chance to prove that, you'r unlike the Taliban. hand in that killer sergent to the Afghani justice authorities (while in this case we have a lot of evedinces unlike the other one!!!!). otherwise you will just justify the Afghani next invation to USA killing a quite percentage of the population and cause the rest to be homeless people........that's your words

Unfortunately (perhaps) armies don't work that way. They deal with internal discipline themselves. It's the same the whole world over.

The guy is back in America now anyway, probably likely to get a slapped wrist.

regards,

ron

If you think taking Bin Laden out of the picture would have solved the whole conflict then you have plenty more to learn.

Unfortunately (perhaps) armies don't work that way. They deal with internal discipline themselves. It's the same the whole world over.

The guy is back in America now anyway, probably likely to get a slapped wrist.

regards,

ron

that answer, just made me think about two strange thoughts. if you can imagine with me, what could happen!!!

1- if that situation was in another country, just imagine, an American sergent turned mad (as they claimed), left his unit on the British land (Japan/ Korea/ Germany......), attacked with his automatic gun 2 nearby British villages and killed 16 British civilians most of them are children, and wound almost the same number.

what could be the British government reaction, and the British people as well??? i will not go further and ask any one to imagine that, they were all of one's family members, but just ......

would the US hand that killer in to the British justice??? could be

2- assuming that solider wasn't belong to the military but a privite security firm member. you know those pre-paid killers, kill for money flock, $ 3000 a day killers, black water and similars, would the US hand him in to the Afghani justice???

If you think taking Bin Laden out of the picture would have solved the whole conflict then you have plenty more to learn.

Teach me , oh fountain of bogus 'knowledge'. HAHAHAHA !!! If the taliban handed over bin laden and his buddies, the U.S. never would have invaded afghanistan. FACT ! Consider yourself schooled.

that answer, just made me think about two strange thoughts. if you can imagine with me, what could happen!!!

1- if that situation was in another country, just imagine, an American sergent turned mad (as they claimed), left his unit on the British land (Japan/ Korea/ Germany......), attacked with his automatic gun 2 nearby British villages and killed 16 British civilians most of them are children, and wound almost the same number.

what could be the British government reaction, and the British people as well??? i will not go further and ask any one to imagine that, they were all of one's family members, but just ......

would the US hand that killer in to the British justice??? could be

2- assuming that solider wasn't belong to the military but a privite security firm member. you know those pre-paid killers, kill for money flock, $ 3000 a day killers, black water and similars, would the US hand him in to the Afghani justice???

I take your point, but it is a theoretical one.

1. For a start the US and the UK are buddy buddies. Then there is the fact that the US isn't part of an invading army in the UK. Also if it could be proved that the soldier in question had suffered a mental breakdown caused by the US's treatment of him then it would be an issue for the US army.

But yes, it would be interesting to see what might happen if a US soldier broke British laws. But I wouldn't mind betting that the Americans would make a good case for him to be returned to America. There would be a very great liklehood that British/US relations would 'spolied' for years.

2. I'm not sure what would happen if the 'soldier' had been employed by a private security firm. But I believe they are protected by US army law.

regards,

ron

But surely he was a 1 off misundertander of Islam the religon of peace, are saying there are more?

But surely he was a 1 off misundertander of Islam the religon of peace, are saying there are more?

Unless his confession was a fake, bin laden was a scapegoat, it all was a false flag op (a lot of muslims on this site seem to LOVE this phrase) and the planes were flown by remote... HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!! Just kidding !!!

Unless his confession was a fake, bin laden was a scapegoat, it all was a false flag op (a lot of muslims on this site seem to LOVE this phrase) and the planes were flown by remote... HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!! Just kidding !!!

sister, 1st, you have to know, me and every real Moslem feel sorrow about any casuality or unfair action could happen on this earth, and we should help the victums whatever their religion and stop the agrissor even if he is a Moslem. that's a clear rule in Islam. that means for me as individual i be more than sure about any information or evedince to have a clear view.

2nd, if you like to honostly help me in that, i'll be thankful. you may know i'm from a different country and have different media and scene,

just imagine that, you are a fair, inteligent, proffessional and independant Judge [who don't believe in MEDIA reports, but realites]....... i like you too, as you can, to consider that both the suspected persons as well as the victums are your friends..

what proofs the US president, G. W. Bush, introduced about the 9/11 attackers, at the time?

Edited by AHMAD_73

Teach me , oh fountain of bogus 'knowledge'. HAHAHAHA !!!

There is no need to be immature and sarcastic about it, I would be more than willing to help you learn what Islam is about if you are willing.

Teach me , oh fountain of bogus 'knowledge'. HAHAHAHA !!! If the taliban handed over bin laden and his buddies, the U.S. never would have invaded afghanistan. FACT ! Consider yourself schooled.

Well .. there's no difference between bin laden and the americans now, in terms of killing civilians including women and children

Well .. there's no difference between bin laden and the americans now, in terms of killing civilians including women and children

So you DO admit that the taliban brought all this on the afghan people by not handing over bin laden ?!

Edited by kellygreen

So you DO admit that the taliban brought all this on the afghan people by not handing over bin laden ?!

Armies should not kill civilians, but since the americans do so, they are no different than taliban. Taliban, I'm sure was thinking that the american army was going to fight with them ONLY, not going around and killing women and children.

More clear now ?

Armies should not kill civilians, but since the americans do so, they are no different than taliban. Taliban, I'm sure was thinking that the american army was going to fight with them ONLY, not going around and killing women and children.More clear now ?

If the talibs came out and fought, the U.S. would be glad to kill them. But instead, they blow up car bombs and suicide bombers in the markets, killing more civilians than the U.S. ever did.