Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AHMAD_73

Terrorist Attack Or It's Not Islamic!

http://blogs.voanews.com/breaking-news/2012/04/03/gunman-kills-7-wounds-3-at-california-religious-school-4/

Heart Condoles to the victims' families, I really, and every Moslem obligated to feel sorrow for the un-justified loss of any human soul. Allah tells in the holy Quran:

"005.032 Y: …. if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. …."

MEDIA:

I don't aim to hurt any one's feeling, While I like to see, do the MEDIA will call this as a terrorist attack and relate it to the man's sect or no, since it's not Islamic!!!. It well be just added to the normal attacks similar to Colombian, Virginia Technical instate, Oklahoma city Attacks…….ETC

What is the definition of terrorism?

When applying it here or any of the previous cases is it Applicable or Non-Applicable?

PropellerAds

In the US Code, it is defined by law: "the term “terrorism” means premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents." The key idea goes to motive, as terrorism must have a "political" motive. Note also the phase "noncombatant targets," which implies that there has to be some intention regarding the victims involved. The most complex question, at least to my mind as a lawyer, is the issue of so-called "collateral damage." If you kill people who were near the "combatants" you intended to kill, is it then terrorism? My son, who served honorably for a year in Iraq and now heads a Peace Action non-profit, has stated, very eloquently, that the US government does engage in terrorism when women and children are killed "by mistake." And, like me, he reaches this conclusion without reference to religion! The killings at the California Christian college clearly were NOT terrorism. They were personal, and were a product of some perceived wrong. However, his motives were as warped as those who justify terrorist attacks on the West because of the horrible situation in Palestine, or the presence of American troops in Saudi Arabia

thanks, Parde5

and so, the only place to say this is a terrorit action or no is the court, am i right?