Islamic Forum
atheism101

All About Dajjal

The story of Dajjal has always intrigued me. Here are some questions I have about Dajjal:

How would one know if Dajjal is bad? That is to say, if Dajjal will claim to be / will act like he is God (first claim to be a prophet, then God), surely part of the deception will be that he will make people believe he is good. It would be strange if people followed him even if he made it obvious that he was evil. How would one know that it was him that was evil and just deceiving people into thinking that he is good, or that those that warned against him were the ones deceiving? Would this not simply be a matter of taking one's word over another's? And if he is to appear as good rather than bad, then isn't the only "evil" he's doing just telling people he's God? I mean if there are no other observable negative consequences this does not seem to make this person worthy of being labeled as the greatest evil that has ever or will ever exist. Will he ever reveal himself to be the antichrist? Or will this delusion type thing remain hidden forever?

PropellerAds

Well there are lots of things the Prophet pbuh told us in order to help us identify him or identify the time of his coming, for example

Hudhalfa reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Dajjal is blind of left eye with thick hair and there would be a garden and fire with him and his fire would be a garden and his garden would be fire. (Sahih Muslim Book 41, Hadith 7010)

However, here is a more detailed article: http://kalamullah.com/dajjal.html

• Like 1

Well there are lots of things the Prophet pbuh told us in order to help us identify him or identify the time of his coming, for example

Hudhalfa reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Dajjal is blind of left eye with thick hair and there would be a garden and fire with him and his fire would be a garden and his garden would be fire. (Sahih Muslim Book 41, Hadith 7010)

I wasn't asking how to identify him.

I feel like you did not even watch this video yourself. I really doubt the video covers the philosophical questions I'm asking.

I grew up with stories about the coming of the Anti-Christ (Dajjal) from my mum as she had from her mother. My mum used to cuddle up in bed with me with my older sisters sitting around the bed and she would tell us the signs of his coming and even though looking back on it now i think wow, those were maybe not the best bedtime stories to tell a child of 5 lol but we were so intrigued by it all. Having said that, recently i was talking to my older sis who noted, 'do you know there is nothing in the Quran at all about Dajjal?!..'...I must confess she is right. Why would God mention Gog Magog (ya -yooj ma jooj) and fail to warn us about the greatest threat to mankind?...

I grew up with stories about the coming of the Anti-Christ (Dajjal) from my mum as she had from her mother. My mum used to cuddle up in bed with me with my older sisters sitting around the bed and she would tell us the signs of his coming and even though looking back on it now i think wow, those were maybe not the best bedtime stories to tell a child of 5 lol but we were so intrigued by it all. Having said that, recently i was talking to my older sis who noted, 'do you know there is nothing in the Quran at all about Dajjal?!..'...I must confess she is right. Why would God mention Gog Magog (ya -yooj ma jooj) and fail to warn us about the greatest threat to mankind?...

Allah did not fail to warn mankind about Dajjal. It is mentioned in Hadiths. Hadiths are also very important.

Here is another sister's post. That link at the bottom has a book giving details about Dajjal.

• Like 1

Does no one have the guts to answer my questions?

Oh! Do not think that Muslims here 'do not have guts' to answer you questions. They are just avoiding a spammer and/or a troll who himself creates personally modified 'Islam' and asks question based on it. If a person calls himself a God and constantly strives to take away believers faith, he is the greatest criminal in the world. The sins of Dajjal will never be equal to that of other (human) sinners as he will try the hardest .

Dawud :: Book 35 : Hadith 4230

Narrated Abdullah ibn Umar:

When we were sitting with the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him), he talked about periods of trial (fitnahs), mentioning many of them.

When he mentioned the one when people should stay in their houses, some asked him: Apostle of Allah, what is the trial (fitnah) of staying at home?

He replied: It will be flight and plunder. Then will come a test which is pleasant. Its murkiness is due to the fact that it is produced by a man from the people of my house, who will assert that he belongs to me, whereas he does not, for my friends are only the God-fearing. Then the people will unite under a man who will be like a hip-bone on a rib. Then there will be the little black trial which will leave none of this community without giving him a slap, and when people say that it is finished, it will be extended. During it a man will be a believer in the morning and an infidel in the evening, so that the people will be in two camps: the camp of faith which will contain no hypocrisy, and the camp of hypocrisy which will contain no faith. When that happens, expect the Antichrist (Dajjal) that day or the next.

Dawud :: Book 37 : Hadith 4306

Narrated Ubadah ibn as-Samit:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: I have told you so much about the Dajjal (Antichrist) that I am afraid you may not understand. The Antichrist is short, hen-toed, woolly-haired, one-eyed, an eye-sightless, and neither protruding nor deep-seated. If you are confused about him, know that your Lord is not one-eyed.

A link was given to a book with details. if you are really so interested read it.

Edited by Saracen21stC

Oh! Do not think that Muslims here 'do not have guts' to answer you questions. They are just avoiding a spammer and/or a troll

You don't know what those words mean, do you?

who himself creates personally modified 'Islam'

Oh yeh I can totally see how I created a modified Islam. Yep makes perfect sense. Somehow asking questions creates a new Islam.

and asks question based on it. If a person calls himself a God and constantly strives to take away believers faith, he is the greatest criminal in the world. The sins of Dajjal will never be equal to that of other (human) sinners as he will try the hardest .

I understand what you are saying, but this doesn't really answer my questions.

He replied: It will be flight and plunder. Then will come a test which is pleasant. Its murkiness is due to the fact that it is produced by a man from the people of my house, who will assert that he belongs to me, whereas he does not, for my friends are only the God-fearing. Then the people will unite under a man who will be like a hip-bone on a rib. Then there will be the little black trial which will leave none of this community without giving him a slap, and when people say that it is finished, it will be extended. During it a man will be a believer in the morning and an infidel in the evening, so that the people will be in two camps: the camp of faith which will contain no hypocrisy, and the camp of hypocrisy which will contain no faith. When that happens, expect the Antichrist (Dajjal) that day or the next.

Doesn't answer the questions.

If you are confused about him, know that your Lord is not one-eyed.

Are you telling me that the only way we will know that Dajjal is the one deceiving others and not the very people that warned against him is that Dajjal will have one eye??

A link was given to a book with details. if you are really so interested read it.

I expect more of the same. The book obviously won't have the answers to these questions as these are extremely specific and philosophical. It will be doing the very things you are doing right now, i.e. just giving information which is only slightly relevant. Let me ask my questions again and show how they have not been answered:

How would one know if Dajjal is bad? That is to say, if Dajjal will claim to be / will act like he is God (first claim to be a prophet, then God), surely part of the deception will be that he will make people believe he is good. It would be strange if people followed him even if he made it obvious that he was evil.

So my question, in essence, is: how does one reconcile the fact that Dajjal will be evil with the fact that he will have many followers? If he is so obviously evil, why would people follow him? Wouldn't part of the deception be that he would have to make people think he is good? Or else why on earth would people believe him if he claimed prophethood or that he is God?

How would one know that it was him that was evil and just deceiving people into thinking that he is good, or that those that warned against him were the ones deceiving? Would this not simply be a matter of taking one's word over another's? And if he is to appear as good rather than bad, then isn't the only "evil" he's doing just telling people he's God? I mean if there are no other observable negative consequences this does not seem to make this person worthy of being labeled as the greatest evil that has ever or will ever exist.

This is all assuming that he would have to pretend to be good in order to get that many followers. If this is the case than all of the questions above are basically saying, if two people are both acting good and they call the other bad, who's to believe?

Will he ever reveal himself to be the antichrist? Or will this delusion type thing remain hidden forever?

Honestly the easiest question. Even THIS hasn't been answered.

Allah did not fail to warn mankind about Dajjal. It is mentioned in Hadiths. Hadiths are also very important.

Here is another sister's post. That link at the bottom has a book giving details about Dajjal.

But Im asking about why Allah did not mention dajjal in the Holy Book? The Hadith are not from Allah, Im no Anti-Hadithiest, I feel they have their place as books of reference but they are quoted and written by man, not Allah (SWT). I do believe there is a huge fitnah upon us and yet to come under the guise of 'dajjal' but what exactly is this dajjal, is it a man or a collective of people/beings/society. Some scholars have suggested that the reference to the 'one-eyed' dajjal isnt literal, that it refers to the one eyed society we are living in, i.e surrounded by the surveillance cameras, satelites, the 'big brothers' constantly watching you kinda thing, and dont forget the illuminati have adopted the one eyed symbol. And before anyone says it, it dont make me an unbeliever if I choose to search the origin of this story, since THERE IS NO MENTION OF IT BY GOD. Did He think we couldnt handle it? Did He think it would confuse us further? What was the reason for our Lord to not tell His creation and warn His creation in His last Book about Dajjal??

But Im asking about why Allah did not mention dajjal in the Holy Book? The Hadith are not from Allah, Im no Anti-Hadithiest,

No offense sister but I think you need to learn more about the importance of the hadith in Islam before you make claims like that they are not from Allah - there are lots of resources online to learn about the science of the hadith

(We sent them) with Clear Signs and Books of dark prophecies; and We have sent down unto thee (also) the Message; that thou mayest explain clearly to men what is sent for them, and that they may give thought. (16:44)

• Like 1

I may not be a learned person but i understand that the Quran was the word of God right? the Hadith were not, they were a collection of quotes or sayings of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) narrated by his companions and sometimes passed through generations and quoted by someone who wasnt even around at the time of the Prophet. The hadith was not inspired by Allah (SWT) as the Quran was thats all im saying. If you read what i said, i said im not anti hadith, they have their place....what more important to me is the question that im asking. We are told to ask arent we? thats how we learn, thats how we get others thinking a little and get them off their backsides and looking into books, researching knowlegdge, scholars, to think, hang on...i do believe this, but why do i believe this, whats my basis, whats my argument, we were taught to do that as muslim, research! research! research!...im not attacking anyones beliefs or ideals, im simply asking a question so i can learn from it also. Sometimes sis, we will just have to agree to disagree, cos thats how Allah has made us, different and unique and as long as each on of us can stand before HIm and explain our actions that is all im concerned with.

Edited by TJB

Sister I sent you an article I think you should read it. Some hadiths we know are fabricated or weak but then there are others that have a strong chain of narration - we shouldn't downplay the importance of the sunnah as its importance is emphasised throughout the quran so to reject it is also to reject parts of the quran. In the prophets last sermon he told us he is leaving two things behind: the quran and his sunnah and if we follow them we will not go astray. And of course it is great to ask but I am just saying we shouldn't make opinions about something until we know more about a topic and I hope I have not offended you.

• Like 1

So my question, in essence, is: how does one reconcile the fact that Dajjal will be evil with the fact that he will have many followers? If he is so obviously evil, why would people follow him? Wouldn't part of the deception be that he would have to make people think he is good? Or else why on earth would people believe him if he claimed prophethood or that he is God?

Maybe I can't answer the question in the way that you want but for Muslims we also believe that shaytan (devil) is also deceiving and will make things appear good yet still many people follow him but that doesn't make shaytan good because of the size of his followers. True believers of Allah will know how to recognise a deceiver. It will be really a big test for us from God and that is why Muhammad pbuh tried to explain the signs of his coming as much as possible to us so that we will be able to do this.

• Like 1

Qur'an (and Hadiths) give us (Muslims) the criteria to judge between good and evil.

Edited by Saracen21stC

Maybe I can't answer the question in the way that you want but for Muslims we also believe that shaytan (devil) is also deceiving and will make things appear good yet still many people follow him but that doesn't make shaytan good because of the size of his followers. True believers of Allah will know how to recognise a deceiver. It will be really a big test for us from God and that is why Muhammad pbuh tried to explain the signs of his coming as much as possible to us so that we will be able to do this.

How do you know any of this is true and not itself a deception?

How do you know any of this is true and not itself a deception?

we got info about dajjal antichrist from muhammed

]Muhammed about Jesus second coming to earth, and prophecised that sea of Galilee shall disappear

Jesus will come back in Damascus in Syria, and he will kill Anti-Christ.

In a hadith from Muhammed, he said that sea of Galilee shall disappear, and that Anti-christ shall come to earth, and after anti christ Jesus is coming to kill him, and to lead the world according sharia, Islamic LAW.

look this ;), exactly what Muhammed said in hadith.

about jesus second coming , Islamic view

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGsZG1TKHRA

Allah says in Quran:

And (Jesus) shall be a Sign (for the coming of) the Hour (of Judgment): Therefore have no doubt about the (Hour), but follow ye Me: this is a Straight Way. Surah 43.61

Abu Huraira reported that the Messenger of Allah Muhammed (may peace be upon him) said: By Him in Whose hand is my life, the son of Mary (Jesus may peace be upon him) will soon descend among you as a just judge. He will break crosses kill swine and abolish Jizya, and the wealth will pour forth to such an extent that no one will accept it. (Sahih Muslim, Vol. 1, p. 92).

Here is the hadith:

When Allaah’s Messenger Muhammed (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) had finished his prayer, he sat on the pulpit smiling and said: Every worshipper should keep sitting at his place. He then said: Do you know why I had asked you to assemble? They said: Allaah and His Messenger know best. He said: By Allaah. I have not made you assemble for exhortation or for a warning, but I have detained you here, for Tamim Dari, a Christian, who came and accepted Islam, told me something, which agrees with what I was-telling, yuu about the Dajjal(Anti-christ). He narrated to me that he had sailed in a ship along with thirty men of Bani Lakhm and Bani Judham and had been tossed by waves in the ocean for a month. Then these (waves) took them (near) the land within the ocean (island) at the time of sunset. They sat in a small side-boat and entered that Island. There was a beast with long thick hair (and because of these) they could not distinguish his face from his back. They said: Woe to you, who can you be? Thereupon it said: I am al-Jassasa. They said: What is al-Jassasa? And it said: O people, go to this person in the monastery as he is very much eager to know about you. He (the narrator) said: When it named a person for us we were afraid of it lest it should be a Devil. Then we hurriedly went on till we came to that monastery and found a well-built person there with his hands tied to his neck and having iron shackles between his two legs up to the ankles. We said: Woe be upon thee, who are you? And he said: You would soon come to know about me. but tell me who are you. We said: We are people from Arabia and we embarked upon a boat but the sea-waves had been driving us for one month and they brought as near this island. We got Into the side-boats and entered this island and here a beast met us with profusely thick hair and because of the thickness of his hair his face could not be distinguished from his back. We said: Woe be to thee, who are you? It said: I am al- Jassasa. We said: What is al-Jassasa? And it said: You go to this very person in the monastery for he is eagerly waiting for you to know about you. So we came to you in hot haste fearing that that might be the Devil. He (that chained person) said: Tell me about the date-palm trees of Baisan. We &aid: About what aspect of theirs do you seek information? He said: I ask you whether these trees bear fruit or not. We said: Yes Thereupon he said: I think these would not bear fruits. He said: Inform me about the lake of Tabariyya (Sea of Galilee)? We said: Which aspect of it do you want to know? He said: Is there water in it? They said: There is abundance of water in it. Thereupon he said: I think it would soon become dry. He again said: Inform me about the spring of Zughar. They said: Which aspect of it you want to know? He (the chained person) said: Is there water in it and does it irrigate (the land)? We said to him: Yes, there is abundance of water in it and the inhabitants (of Medina) irrigate (land) with the help of it, He said: Inform me about the unlettered Prophet; what has he done? We said: He has come out from Mecca and has settled In Yathrib (Medina). He said: Do the Arabs fight against him? We said: Yes. He said: How did he deal with him? We informed him that he had overcome those in his neighbourhood and they had submitted themselves before him. Thereupon he said to us: Had it actually happened? We said: Yes. Thereupon he said: If it is so that is better for them that they should show obedience to him. I am going to tell you about. myself and I am Dajjal(Anti-christ) and would be soon permitted to get out and so I shall get out and travel in the land, and will not spare any town where I would not stay for forty nights except Mecca and Medina as these two (places) are prohibited (areas) for me and I would not make an attempt to enter any one of these two. An angel with a sword in his hand would confront me and would bar my way and there would be angels to guard every passage leading to it; then Allaah’s Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) striking the pulpit with the help of the end of his staff said: This implies Taiba meaning Medina. Have I not, told you an account (of the Dajjal) like this? ‘The people said: Yes, and this account narrated by Tamim Dari was liked by me for it corroborates the account which I gave to you in regard to him (Dajjal) at Medina and Mecca.

Muhammad said,

"Son of Maryam (Mary) will kill the Dajjal(Anti-christ) at the door of LUD." Imam Tirmidhi(d.279/857)

Allah’s Messenger said,

"The Dajjal would appear in my Ummah(nation) and he would stay (in the world) for forty (I cannot say whether he meant forty days, forty months or forty years) and Allah would then send Jesus, son of Maryam (Mary) who would resemble ‘Urwa bin Mas’ud. He (Jesus Christ) would chase him and kill him. Then people would live for seven years that there would be no rancour between two persons. Then Allah would send cold wind from the side of Syria that none would survive upon the earth having a speck of good in him or faith in him but he would die, so much so that even if some amongst you were to enter the innermost part of the mountain, this wind would reach that place also and that would cause his death."

so according to these hadith, events will be as following probably

as you can see in the video, first sign has already started Sea of Galilee Disappearing , and maybe in 50 years we meet Jesus in his secong coming to earth.<p>Sea of Galilee Disappearing

we got info about dajjal antichrist from muhammed

I am aware. This does not address the issue being presented.

Anyone heard of the series "TADS" (The Antichrist Dajjal Series)?