Islamic Forum
TJB

Iraqi Veterans Against War - Calling All Chicagoans!

Whatever your view on soldiers, especially trigger happy American soldiers, we cant deny that a time of 'awakening' has finally errupted, we are all striving for the same things..to make a better world for us and our children..please support the cause!

On May 20 2012 IVAW Chicago wants you to join us as Afghanistan and Iraq veterans from around the country converge in Chicago to march to the NATO summit and ceremoniously return our medals to NATO generals. We were awarded these medals for serving in the Global War on Terror, a war based on lies and failed polices. This endless war has killed hundreds of thousands, stripped the humanity of all involved, and drained our communities of trillions of dollars, diverting funds from schools, clinics, libraries, and other public services.

We are happy to announce that our permit to rally and march has been approved by the City of Chicago. So IVAW calls on all service members, veterans, Chicagoans, and everyone who believes in justice, dignity, and respect for all peoples to join us in the streets for a nonviolent demonstration and march.

When: Sunday May 20, 9AM Rally and March

Where: Rally at Grant Park South of the Lincoln Monument (E. Balbo Ave. and S. Columbus Dr.)

Read the full call to action at ivaw.org

In solidarity,

Aaron Hughes - Organizing Team Leader

• Like 1

PropellerAds

Gosh i Wish! I cant afford too, its a long way from UK, but what i can afford to do is offer my time, and spread the word, you in Chicago?

No, Philly. Besides, I don't totally agree with the cause. But they can do what they like with their medals.

Edited by kellygreen

Why dont you agree with the cause if you dont mind me asking?

Why dont you agree with the cause if you dont mind me asking?

I think the Iraq War was a mistake, but Afghanistan was/is a just war. I just think the U.S. went about it the wrong way. But like I said, those guys can do what they want.

The last post I made here disappeared as well...strange.