Islamic Forum

Asalam alaikum (I'm sure I probably spelled that wrong... :P)! I'd rather not give my "real" name on here or anything too personal, but I suppose to describe myself in simplest terms, I'm a teenage American girl trying to find the right path in life. I'm very drawn to Islam (hence the reason I am here), and I hope to learn a lot on the forum! Inshallah I will find the courage to accepted Islam.

Well, that's about all I have to say here! :) Peace be with you!

PropellerAds

Wa alaikum Assalam dear sister

Welcome to the forum.

I'd rather not give my "real" name on here or anything too personal
That's a wise choice. Google broadcasts everything, everywhere!

Masha'Allah, you already speak like a Muslim :D

I pray that insha'Allah you'll find the true path and perfect way of life soon.

I suggest that you start reading and listening to the Quran here:

http://www.gawaher.c...a-sura-reciter/

You'll find lots of useful info around the sections of the forum.

You can also download ebooks from our download section.

And of course, post all the questions that you want.. we'll be more than happy to assist you.

Best wishes.

Welcome to the forum Dragon Flies,

great to hear that you are interested in learning about Islam , I hope we can help you as much as possible with any question you have, inshaAllah you will be guided to the right path

Wow, thank you both very much! ^_^ I got such a warm welcome, haha. :) Thank you very much for the links, Dot! I've been reading the Quran recently, and Alhamdulillah I really love it. :) I'm not sure yet if I should revert or not, I do have a lot of questions that I feel like I need answered before I make the big decision... But thank you so much for the resourced! :) And thank you both for the warm welcome.

Assalamo alaikum sister

You are most welcome.

My advice to you is: if you believe that there is no god but Allah, and that Mhammad is his messenger, then its best to say your shahada right now. You have all the time for the details later, no problem at all. You should not delay your shahada as long as you believe in Allah and prophet Muhammad. Saying the shahada needs nothing special.. you can say it right now in the privacy of your own room. The link above includes a simple tutorial for saying the shahada.

If however you are not sure yet of your believes, then take your time, read and research and ask all you want, until you reach a firm belief that there is no god but Allah, and that Muhammad is his messenger. (actually in the shahada you only have those words to say, preferably in Arabic followed by English. That's all there is to it)

I will not lie, so I cannot truthfully, 100% say that I believe (yet) that there is not God but Allah. I wish I could, and that is why I'm here. I don't feel like I'm quite ready to take my Shahada yet, because when I do take it, I want to take it knowing that I am being 100% true to myself and to Allah. I want to have no doubts, and insha'Allah that's why I'm here. :) Thankyou for your words of encouragement, Dot. Insha'Allah I am guided to the right path, and all of my doubts are dispelled. :)