Islamic Forum
DragonFlies

Is Allah Trying To Show Me The Right Path...?

Asalam Alaikum, brothers and sisters! I'm going to try to keep this as short as possible, so please bare with me!

I'm a teenage girl, who lives in a very white Christian town in the USA. There is, perhaps, a single Muslim family for miles and miles... So what has drawn me to Islam, I'm just not sure. I've had no personal relationships with Muslims up to this point. I suppose, I've always been a very lost girl. And a very corrupt girl, at some points in my life. However, I've changed so much upon searching for the truth... But I don't know what to believe.

My heart tells me to trust in Allah, that he is guiding me and showing me the right path. But my brain tells me that I'm just curious and that the "feeling" I have in my heart is nothing more than blind hope.

I've no idea what to believe. I want to be a Muslimah, but at the same time, I'm such a skeptical person... I just don't know what to believe. I wonder if I just imagine that Allah is showing me the right path... But then I wonder, what if I really am supposed to become a Muslimah? I'd be making an awful mistake by not doing so, wouldn't I? Certainly if Allah is trying to guide me.

I guess I just have no idea what to make of this. I'm not even sure what I'm asking here, I really don't know. I suppose I want some reassurance, or some advice as to what direction I should take... Insha'Allah with the help of Allah I will find the path that is right...

If anyone here has any advice, please do tell me! I feel very alone in this; as I've only two people in my life who would truly accept me as a Muslimah and I've no Muslims near me to ask for advice!

Peace be with you, brothers and sisters.

PropellerAds

wa alkom alsalam, sister

i hope that Allah will complete his favor up on you and every good person in this world. you have a good chance to sought out and discover about Islam and all the brothers and sisters here are aiming to help. if you are really seeking the truth you will certainly find it, soon inshaa Allah.

who ever goes to Allah one hand span Allah will reach him one arm span and who ever comes to Allah walking Allah will go to him more faster....which means you have a small role to do first.

My heart tells me to trust in Allah, that he is guiding me and showing me the right path. But my brain tells me that I'm just curious and that the "feeling" I have in my heart is nothing more than blind hope.

i like to say, the Quran is talking to the heart, brain and every single emotion human have and convence all of them at the same time.

in fact the 1400 years old Quran talks to the brain and mind more than any other book. you will find more over 200 verses tells the people, after mentioning a hestorical story/social law/scientific fact/..., go and check that!/think about it!/prove the opposit if you can. you can find 10s of clear scientific facts that human have no idea about tell few years ago. it's just like a omni-potent all-knowlegable god is challenging our minds.

in this point you may need to read about the scientific miracles in the Quran and Sunnah, from an authentic Islamic source,

i'm asking Allah to show you the truth and allow you to follow it,

Sister, I know exactly how you feel. The first thing to do is read the Quran.

Thank you all for your wonderful answers.

And to Hijabi, I was born a Christian, yes. I left that religion behind when I was twelve, though; and I'm four years older now. I've been searching for a long time for the true religion, and I am still very confused. I want to believe in Allah, but there's always that doubt for me; so I'm reading the Quran, in hopes of finding the truth.

well if you have any questions regarding anything in the quran don't hesitate to post your questions here =)

Yes,post them here. And I was born Muslim but I have so much to learn about Islam. and I discovered Islam is beautiful and everything in it makes so much sense. I am still confused about many things though and I am here to ask my questions about it.

I will. :) Thank you all very much.

Wa Alaykum Assalam sister. I'm a bit late, but I want to add to what the members said here, you can make Dua, pray Allah and ask Him to show you the way. He said: [When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them), I respond to the prayer of every supplicant when he calleth on Me]. (Al-Baqarah: 186).