Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
abu_tamim

Lower Your Gaze.

Salamu alaikum wr wb

1. It is reported that Hassân b. Abî Sinân (rah) went out one 'Eid and when he returned home his wife said, “How many beautiful women have you looked at today?” After she kept asking him, he said, “Woe to you! I have looked at nothing but my toe from when I went out to when I returned to you.”

2. It is reported on the authority of Al-Wakî’ b. Al-Jarrâh (rah):

We went out one 'Eid with Sufyân Al-Thawrî and he said, “The first thing we will do on this day of ours is to lower our gaze.”

Ibn Abi al-Dunya, Kitab al-Wara'.

Taken from Sayings of the Salaf.

Wa Salam.

• Like 1

PropellerAds

MashaAllah.

But I don't blame most of the men these days if they do look at a woman because of how most women dress today. Men fall into sin because of women sometimes. A woman can attract a man just by passing by him and looking at him or speaking to him in a seductive way, and by being dressed in tight clothing.

During the Rasul's (pbuh) time, women wore black abayas but it's not like that now-a-days.

MashaAllah.

But I don't blame most of the men these days if they do look at a woman because of how most women dress today. Men fall into sin because of women sometimes.

Regardless of how a woman or man dresses - if we do a sinful thing it is because we decided - we have power over our desires if we really try ...

• Like 1

Regardless of how a woman or man dresses - if we do a sinful thing it is because we decided - we have power over our desires if we really try ...

Right, the hijab of the man is to lower his eyes.

• Like 1