Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dot

Top 10 Posters & Most Viewed Topics

:sl:

Dear members

A new sidebar block has been added, to display the top 10 posters of the month. I've also added another new block titled "Most Viewed Topics", showing the 10 most viewed topics (overall). You can see both blocks under "What's on your mind" block.

:b:

• Like 4

PropellerAds

Assalamualaikum Rahamatullahi Wabarakathahu

Thank you very much Bro Dot

this is a really good idea

i had a long time feeling that i was not given any credit for my article in gawaher

Jazak Allah

Regards

Mushtaq .

• Like 1

^lol bro,

that most viewed 'question to atheists' thread!!?

^lol .........,

"lol".... i dont know what so funny about it

as far as i know , i never wrote a funny article

if you feel funny about it , pl let me know

Edited by parvez mushtaq

Wa alaikum Assalam

"Most Viewed Topics" is turned off for now. It displays the absolute most viewed topics, mostly dated way back in time and perhaps not of interest now. I'm in contact with the developer to teak it so that it displays most viewed topics in the last 30 days.

I've just added a new sidebar block titled "Topics Being Viewed Now". I hope you like it. If not, let me know to turn it off.

• Like 2

"lol".... i dont know what so funny about it

as far as i know , i never wrote a funny article

if you feel funny about it , pl let me know

Yeah! The number of view that thread got is just unbelievable. My all threads put together can not be even 1% of that thread's views. So, I believe it is better to laugh for me than being sad. :-D. And congrats.

Edited by Saracen21stC

"Most viewed topics" is now showing.

Now it shows the most viewed topics in the last 30 days, instead of the last 10 years!

• Like 1

Wa alaikum Assalam

"Most Viewed Topics" is turned off for now. It displays the absolute most viewed topics, mostly dated way back in time and perhaps not of interest now. I'm in contact with the developer to teak it so that it displays most viewed topics in the last 30 days.

I've just added a new sidebar block titled "Topics Being Viewed Now". I hope you like it. If not, let me know to turn it off.

Wow! Brother! This looks so great now. And I am very excited!! I mean these two new side bars -"Topics Being Viewed Now" and "Most Viewed Topics" have taken this forum to a different level than the other Islamic forums. Actually, all these side bars you have added are really really great. I believe that you should never turn these side bars off.

• Like 1

Wa alaikum Assalam

I'm glad you liked them brother, and hope everyone feels the same. Its my job to insha'Allah always serve this community the best I can.

• Like 1

I was just thinking whether it is possible to make these features (side bars) available to guests. There is a high possibility that guests will browse the threads/topics displayed in this way in the community index and thus readership and popularity of this forum might increase.

Most of the time logged in guests are 30-50 times the number of logged in members. Turning the sidebar features on for them would take much higher server resources. But we could try it sometime later.. and see what happens,

Btw, guests usually come from Google, so they land directly on the topic they were searching for.

• Like 1