Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Saracen21stC

Automatic Tagged Contents?

As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم)

How can I add 'tag' to a topic? I mean there are some topic which are tagged automatically by forum software (I have seen this on vbulletin forums). Say for example if a topic name is like this:

What Did Muhammad (peace Be Upon Him) Give To Humanity,

The words 'Muhammad', 'Humanity', etc are automatically tagged. I won't mind even if we will have to do it manually, but automatic tagging will be better in my opinion. Or may be both?

The good thing about these tagged feature is that the related topics are shown below one topic when someone visits that particular topic. For example, this very thread....

http://www.gawaher.c...ve-to-humanity/

.....gives a bar saying

'Also tagged with Muhammad, Humanity, religion'

with those related articles. This is really a nice feature as a visitor can keep on visiting the related topics very easily. It may also ensure that more visitors will spend more time here. This is a very interactive features and deserves to be present with most of the topics IMHO.

• Like 1

PropellerAds

:sl:

Yes brother, any one can manually add tags when starting a topic. When you click to start a topic, you'll see the "Topic Tags" text box immediately under the "Topic Title" text box. You can type up to 10 tags per topic. Type tags separated by commas.

Currently there is no auto tagging feature, but if I found a solution in the future, insha'Allah I'll add it.

:j:

• Like 1

I am trying to post a new topic, but "Topic Tags" text box is not appearing for me!

Yes brother, any one can manually add tags when starting a topic. When you click to start a topic, you'll see the "Topic Tags" text box immediately under the "Topic Title" text box. You can type up to 10 tags per topic. Type tags separated by commas.

Currently there is no auto tagging feature, but if I found a solution in the future, insha'Allah I'll add it.

:j:

The tag box does not appear under the Topic title. may be it is switched off?