Islamic Forum
xtremecheese

How On Earth A 'feeling' Is What It Takes To Change Faith?

Your religion concept is weird. Why is there a religion which insists that doing bad is allowed and doing good is useless? I think this religion only fits for the lazy ones and the sinners that want justifications for every bad deeds they do.

I think somehow you've missed the point. There is nowhere in the Bible where it says that sin is okay, however what we know is that we are slaves to sin, the proof of this can be revealed to you in the form of the 10 commandments and your inability to live by them. You can try and do all the good deads you like, but in the end they are from a fallen sinner and will only amount to vanity. Only God can trully do good work and therefore it is through our love for Jesus Christ that results in good work. The kind of good works you are describing are ones where the goal is to be saved - that's vanity and pride! don't you understand this?

I'll state it again, good works are the product of being saved and not the means.

Poor guys. That is why every christian nation now being secular because good governance can't be gained with the concept of your religion. Who will let killers run freely without any punishments? But Sharia totally can be applied in REAL governance. See many Islamic countries? Yes, we have beaten you in this matter

Killers run freely without punishments? do you not think they will be judged by God? is God not all seeing in your religion too? That's a true blunder from your part, because if you think that justice is what happens to someone in the flesh during this life, then your whole system is man based, God is not soverign in your world, a consistent theme from you is that man is the ultimate power and not God - please address this.

No, both Islam and Judaism believe in one God without any personifications. Your god concept is alien to the Jewish and it's representation of Jesus is one of self critisisim.

Christiantiy believes in 1 God, personified through the Father, Son and Holy spirit - the Jews were waiting for their messiah, and Jesus Christ was their messiah.

If you check our doctrine you'll find 39 Chapters directly from the Jewish scriptures, all of which point towards Jesus Christ. If you check your scriptures you just get the odd disjointed parital story (and plenty of repeats of the parting of the seas) with no real narrative nor relevence to the Jewish scriptures - please tell me the story of Job using only your Koran.

Please end your own imagination and believe in Islam and you will be saved.

Seriously? you believe the people in power are not good? you think they are not something special? Wow.

So is it alright if a crazy person being your leader? Is it alright if that one make regulation that you are required to be naked in public place? I think it is not only your soul, your mind is not in a good state as well. That is the result of taking dogma without using your common sense.

Okay you've done this twice now. Repeating what I write and changing a positive to a negetive is what's commonly known as 'being childish'. If I want an argument with a child then I can quite easily talk to my 5 year old. As it happens I will answer you with an example, which is far more than you have done.

Let's take Barack Obama, this is a guy who quoted the Bible to a cheering Muslim brotherhood in Cairo, Gained the nobel peace prize but continues all kinds of wars worldwide, advocates homosexuality, and lied about his birth certificate. Is that the acts of someone good?

If you do a case study with every world leader you will find that beneath the surface you'll find a sinner - they need our prayers most, however you seem to think they don't need them, you seem to believe that they are a niche above you - which of course fit's nicely with your mankind based religion.

Please show me a completely good leader, and I'll show you a fool.

Your opinion in sin really is absurd. God Almighty doesn't need drama to forgive all sins, just say "be" and it happens. FYI, I don't recognize Leviticus as my guidance. My guidance is Quran, which never been changed for 1400 years. I don't believe any man-made books which mixed the true and wrong things together. Nothing so holy if being revised every now and then by humans.

If you don't recognize Leviticus then you don't share the same God as the Jews - checkmate.

We know from the dead sea scrolls that the book of Leviticus is older than the Koran and hasn't changed in over 2,500 years. Your koran is therefore in error as it draws from the Torrah, yet you insist that it's full of errors - by your own definition your religion is based upon lies.

Ah, yeah, I am surprised you still managed to show up after lying in previous post. Without any explanation or apologizing. Is that a christian's mentality? Lying also keeping an endless debate without real proof? No wonder many christians left their religion and ended up embracing Islam. Because we never lied when preaching.

If I'd have read this statement first I would not have responded. You said that Christians force people to convert - our governing document says in Matthew 5:44 the following:-

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them who despitefully use you, and persecute you;"

However your governing document says in Sura 9:5

"9:5 When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. If they repent and take to prayer and render the alms levy, allow them to go their way. God is forgiving and merciful."

If you believe that muslims don't force people to convert then obviously you are a bad muslim.

You lied, not me.

So, next time, instead of pointless arguments, show me something interesting like real proofs, facts, and scientific articles about christianity or I won't bother to respond. I am not playing with you forever. I have many things to take care of and anything useless is not included. Be smart a bit!

Absolute truth likes this Like This

Do not be too hard, lest you be broken; do not be too soft, lest you be squeeze

You won't bother to answer becasue you are incapable of it wtihout lying or being a child.

PropellerAds

Then you have absolutely no concept of Islam, the koran states that Jesus didn't die on the cross and rise again after 3 days, please check your koran 5:158 :-

"Yes they did not slay him, neither crucifed him, only a likeness that was shown to them"

Therefore by Islam standards there was no sacrifice and no remission of sins.

Please go to school and learn your religion please before making banal statements.

The fact that Islam denies the Crucifixion of Jesus is well–Know by every Muslim and I know what the Koran said in respect of the same. I think that instead of answering my question, you just twist over it, ending your comments with an insult to move the discussion to something else.

Well, to facilitate the question for you, forget that you I am a Muslim and imagine that my comments posed by someone else. I really doubt that you could answer.

Also, can you please tell me what was the last time you have read your holly book?

The fact that Islam denies the Crucifixion of Jesus is well–Know by every Muslim and I know what the Koran said in respect of the same. I think that instead of answering my question, you just twist over it, ending your comments with an insult to move the discussion to something else.

Well, to facilitate the question for you, forget that you I am a Muslim and imagine that my comments posed by someone else. I really doubt that you could answer.

Also, can you please tell me what was the last time you have read your holly book?

If you want me to forget that you are a muslim then the same response can be given, Jesus made the one sacrifice for all and announced that it was finished (John 19:30) meaning that no further work is required. Therefore there are no other creeds! only counterfiets - and they will lead you to death and not life. This is why my initial request was for a description of the diferecnces between the Biblical Jesus and the counterfeit that can be found in the Koran.

Finaly, I read the Bible as often as possible, my day to day copy which I carry around is rather tattered, but I have many copies (and versions - I'm not a "King James only" Christian, though I do believe it's the best English Translation) and scatter them around the house, in the car & at work - I like to have one handy whenever possible you see!

That’s interesting; I didn’t know Muslims slaughter animals. Which animals and why?

Not zoo or pet animals, rest assured.. lol.

Q: What animals?

A: the animals that everyone usually consumes as meat, cows, sheep, chickens etc.

Jews also slaughter animals (kosher meat), just like Muslims.

Q: why?

A: because Almighty Allah say so.

And because everything that He forbids is actually harmful. And because He is The Entirely Merciful.

Slaughtering from the neck is the most merciful way to kill, as compared to other horrible ways widely used in the west, like drowning, hitting on the head, injectioning or electricuting.. etc. where the animals suffer prolonged pain. The reasons behind those ways are commercial, as they want to keep the blood inside to get more meat weight and so more bucks. But blood, once the animal or bird is dead, turns poisonous and shouldn't be consumed. Unfortunately, fancy restaurants wouldn't tell you that when they serve you your yummy steak which bleeds the minute you touch it with your knife and fork.

For more info and Q&A about slaughtering, please go here:

http://www.islamweb....icles&id=161841

Q: why?

A: because Almighty Allah say so.

:D

I knew you'd write that.

The Christians and Jews both agree that a sacrifice is required to cover sins - why don't the Mulsims seem to understand this?

:D

I knew you'd write that.

The Christians and Jews both agree that a sacrifice is required to cover sins - why don't the Mulsims seem to understand this?

Are you comparing Jesus [P.B.U.H.], your savior to something I eat for dinner? It would make more sense to me if God sent down one giant lamb and ordered the Jews to build a giant knife and slaughter it for the sins of mankind.

So God had a choice "Hmmm who should I send down to get sacrificed for the sins of mankind... A giant lamb or my son... hmmm... Sorry Jesus, off you go!"

That makes NO sense to me. If I would take my own life for my son to live even if he was a murderer or rapist (Because I believe there's a chance God might guide him one day), why wasn't God merciful enough to save his own son (A saint!!) for the sins of mankind. According to Christian logic, I'm more merciful than God. This doesn't make sense to me because I feel no one is more merciful than God. Your God isn't just either, because a Christian who is a rapist/murderer/sodomite/etc.../etc.. will still enter heaven along with the most pious Christian without any punishment! Wheres the justice in that? The Christian belief of God doesn't make sense because there is ambiguity regarding who God is among MANY Christians, the God who Christians believe is neither merciful neither does he allow justice to prevail. And then the Christian scholars say that logic doesn't prevail in belief but FAITH does, then why did God give us such a powerful organ like the brain? To NOT use it?

May Allah guide us all to the straight path,

السلام عليكم

Are you comparing Jesus [P.B.U.H.], your savior to something I eat for dinner? It would make more sense to me if God sent down one giant lamb and ordered the Jews to build a giant knife and slaughter it for the sins of mankind.

So God had a choice "Hmmm who should I send down to get sacrificed for the sins of mankind... A giant lamb or my son... hmmm... Sorry Jesus, off you go!"

My question was whether you understand the need for a sacrifice - the way that you have answered reveals to me that you don't!

Under the Jewsish system (see Leviticus for details) a sacrifice is required for your sins - however due to our sinfull nature, the sacrifice system was never ending.

Jesus Christ (not Jesus pbuh - that's the dead one found in the pages of the Koran) was the unblemished, sinless, perfect sacrifice, as God he's the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. His sacrifice was worthy and everlasting. This is the importance of the cross which you have completely misunderstood and instead have chosen a dead Jesus that is meaningless.

That makes NO sense to me. If I would take my own life for my son to live even if he was a murderer or rapist (Because I believe there's a chance God might guide him one day), why wasn't God merciful enough to save his own son (A saint!!) for the sins of mankind.

God did lay his life down so that we all could live, at the cross of Calvery 2000 years ago. Imagine if your son after being saved by you, decides to believe that he saved himself? this is what Islam does as it preaches that asking for forgiveness is enough to save you. Where's the Justice? what has been killed to cover your sin? or is sin not considered such a bad thing in Islam?

Sure if the wages of sin aren't death to you then no wonder you need strict laws as there's no true consequence for your constant bad actions.

Your God isn't just either, because a Christian who is a rapist/murderer/sodomite/etc.../etc.. will still enter heaven along with the most pious Christian without any punishment! Wheres the justice in that?

But the most pious Christian is also a sinner! you take sin too lightly I'm afraid. Your sin should condem you to death, but it seems that you believe you are above this and expect it to be wiped away magically by a very strange god.

Please refer to the Jewish and Christian scriptures regarding sin and how it is covered (not removed) as opposed to the rather odd document known as the Koran.

How on earth could you be a Christian when a 'feeling' was all that it took to change your faith?

I don't think you really knew Jesus Christ in the first place, else you'd have never reverted back to bondage by law - Islam will doom you to a life of failing by law and you'll never know the grace of God through Jesus Christ,

Since you claim to know both religions, can you please describe the differences between the Islamic Jesus and the Biblical Jesus Christ for me? and most importantly why the Jesus of the Koran is more important to you. Please use as much of the Old testament as possible to elabourate your points.

[admin note: topic created with split posts from "Just Reverted To Islam")

Before he respond to you on the difference between the Islamic Jesus and the Biblical Jesus and why the Jesus of the koran is more important; I will want you to understand that the koran is a holy book and the words of God and non shall alter. non shall add or remove even an alphabet from it. even if the people and the jinn in the world will join hands to add or remove anything from the koran, they will not be able because it is a book protected. 

while the Bible you are talking about, the Christians Scholars have this to say and I quote, According to the “Bible Guide” found in the New International Version (NIV) of the Bible, 1984 (p.G9). “We do not really know how the Old Testament canon was finally agreed. We can only guess that the requirement for including a book (apart from the helpfulness of what was in the book) was that it was connected with a spiritual leader. Thus the Pentateuch is connected with Moses. Psalm with David, Proverbs with Solomon, and so on…” By the 5th century B.C, the Pentateuch was fixed and regarded as authoritative.The Bible Guide (of the NIV) goes on to say: “Work probably continued on the Prophets and writings and by 165 B.C. these two groups are fixed and:

“The process of deciding which books should belong in the New Testament is uncertain. The collection of Paul’s letters was the first stage. By the end of the 2nd century A.D. we know that there were 4 gospels… in use and that Acts was also accepted… There was some doubt about James, Hebrews, Revelation, 2 and 3 John 2 Peter and Jude, but by the 3rd century A.D. a definite list was in existence, though debate continued into the 4th century A.D….”

with this doubt established by the Christians Scholars about the Bible and the differences in various Bible publications and this confirmation on existence of human interference with the biblical manuscripts is clear beyond any doubt (Jer. 8:8).

so you see why the Jesus of the koran most have been more important to him than the Biblical Jesus.