Islamic Forum
fathi

Why I Converted To Islam

I have finally come back to Islam & my reasons for leaving are very hard and long but what I want to start here is some of the key things I noticed in the Bible that convinced me of the truth of Islam.

First I would like to point out the well known temptation of Jesus in the desert as is depicted in the Book of Luke. During the temptation of Jesus in the desert Satan uses a particular Bible verse from Psalms 91 ( Psalms 91:11-12 ). So, then no Christian who believes in the Bible can deny that Psalms 91 is about Jesus. Because if they say that Psalms 91 is not about Jesus they have to say that the account of Luke is mistaken and flawed ( which would be funny but anyways ). Bearing that in mind:

Psalm 91

1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High

will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.[a]

2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,

my God, in whom I trust.”

3 Surely he will save you

from the fowler’s snare

and from the deadly pestilence.

4 He will cover you with his feathers,

and under his wings you will find refuge;

his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

5 You will not fear the terror of night,

nor the arrow that flies by day,

6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,

nor the plague that destroys at midday.

7 A thousand may fall at your side,

ten thousand at your right hand,

but it will not come near you.

8 You will only observe with your eyes

and see the punishment of the wicked.

9 If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”

and you make the Most High your dwelling,

10 no harm will overtake you,

no disaster will come near your tent.

11 For he will command his angels concerning you

to guard you in all your ways;

12 they will lift you up in their hands,

so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;

you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

14 “Because he[b] loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;

I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;

I will be with him in trouble,

I will deliver him and honor him.

16 With long life I will satisfy him

and show him my salvation. ”

Now many people are familiar with this book of Psalms for the reason I cited above but not many pay attention to the words in the chapter. Because, this particular chapter of Psalms is NOT contradictory to Islam! Allow me to demonstrate:

If you read this chapter in context of itself, in its entirety what does it sound like? Think about it... If I said to a friend, my wife, my daughter or what have you these kind of things like verses 3-8 it would sound like me saying I will protect you and I won't let harm come to you. Now if you look towards the end of Psalms 91 verses 14-16 you will see something most interesting. Firstly it would be radical to say that the creator of all that is and ever was that we worship and honor is a liar ( I mean I would never say that ) but to say that God ( or as Christians would say God the Father ) broke his word by allowing harm to come to Jesus (pbuh) but the most interesting part is that God says that he will give him salvation. Remembering at the beginning of this that Christians unanimously ( as I understand it ) believe this chapter to be about Jesus (pbuh) then God is saying that he will give salvation to Jesus (pbuh) because Jesus (pbuh) loves God! Therefore Jesus (pbuh) cannot grant us salvation since he did not have it until it was given to him therefore Jesus could not have died for our sins.

I have more in the Bible I plan on covering in this thread, this is but one but I think you can see how this, all by itself, negates the very premise of Christianity.

p.s.

I will be editing and adding more to this as time allows

PropellerAds