Islamic Forum
Forall

Wanted! Just For Being A Muslim

PropellerAds

very good work that is....i see more and more western non-muslim people scared of muslims.

very good work that is....i see more and more western non-muslim people scared of muslims.

A lot of it this is totally untrue or simply wrong and it's quite obviously a simplistic propaganda message.

If Muslims put this sort of stuff out it's not surprising that people are afraid of them. What country was this intended for I wonder?

regards,

ron

A lot of it this is totally untrue or simply wrong and it's quite obviously a simplistic propaganda message.

If Muslims put this sort of stuff out it's not surprising that people are afraid of them. What country was this intended for I wonder?

regards,

ron

If these are totally untrue, show us how they are untrue and just a propaganda. Go one by one.

OK, give me a little time ... phew.

You must understand that most of this is not directly verifiable but is actually assumptions made which are based upon perceptions made by persons unknown, which is the reason I asked about the country that this is aimed at. I am myself assuming that it's the UK but that might be incorrect.

ron

PS I said "a lot of this"

Edited by Ron Shirt

Just looking at this again. It is so obviously blatent propaganda that it really isn't possible to detach the objective from the subjective. Except, that is, in the obvious case of University entrance. Where in the world is being referred to?

I have worked for nearly 25 years in a UK University and have never known anything remotely connected to what is mentioned here!

Suhail79 says it is 'very good work' , but to what purpose?

To attempt to seperate the cultural from the subjective and objective I really will need more information from the poster/creator of this prejudicial stuff. But somehow I suspect I will not receive it.

Just as an example, however, of the obvious cultural misunderstandings which exist:

The first item refers to a comparision with a nun and a Muslim 'girl'. Now Nuns, it has always been understood in the west have opted (as have monks) to generally not play any part in society. They live seperately from it and are celibate. Muslims, however see themselves as very much a part of 'society'. And there is the diferrence. The point is then presented that the nun is not oppressed and yet the Muslim 'girl' IS opressed. Precisely HOW she is oppressed in comparison with a nun remains a mystery. So this is an example of a subjectivity which cannot be overcome, without, at least some explanation for it being provided.

Quite simply those who are incapable of thought or any rudimentary notions of any sort of analysis are being expoited by this sort of blatent propaganda, evidentely designed to gain some kind of alienated strength sourced from immigrant populations, for purposes best known to the purpetrators.

Regards,

ron

Forgive me if I am wrong...but didn't France make it illegal for Muslims to wear "coverings"? I know that they had pressed for that. I also think there are some places that did the same. My ex-boss at Starbucks used to try and force the one Muslim girl to remove her hijab in order to work. In fact he only desisted when he was threatened with a lawsuit personally, and not just the company.

• Like 3

Forgive me if I am wrong...but didn't France make it illegal for Muslims to wear "coverings"? I know that they had pressed for that. I also think there are some places that did the same. My ex-boss at Starbucks used to try and force the one Muslim girl to remove her hijab in order to work. In fact he only desisted when he was threatened with a lawsuit personally, and not just the company.

Yes, as far as I know that law is still in force, although to what degree it is enforced is questionable. But it does specifically apply to fully covering of the face, so nuns wouldn't be included. Obviously if a Muslim woman is used to fully covering her face then this would possibly present an issue. But that doesn't make this cartoon in general anything more than what it obviously is. As I pointed out, unless we are privy to the information relating to the 'host country', nothing much more can be said.

regards,

ron

Ron you clearly live in another world or maybe it is because you are not Muslim you do not see this.

Firstly for example the recent Amnesty International report outlines how Muslims are being widely discriminated against in Europe. In France and Turkey a female cannot go to school just because she covers her hair - this affects the education of a Muslim female. The Amnesty International report outlined how women were were discriminated against also when it came to seeking a job just because they covered their hair. It proves that people judge you for how you look in society and not for your skills or education. It proves that these so called human rights in western countries are a complete joke because they say we need to free muslim women, we need to help them be educated yet when a Muslim woman wants to wear hijab she is turned away from education.

http://www.amnesty.org/en/library/asset/EUR01/001/2012/en/85bd6054-5273-4765-9385-59e58078678e/eur010012012en.pdf

• Like 3

Ron you clearly live in another world or maybe it is because you are not Muslim you do not see this.

Firstly for example the recent Amnesty International report outlines how Muslims are being widely discriminated against in Europe. In France and Turkey a female cannot go to school just because she covers her hair - this affects the education of a Muslim female. The Amnesty International report outlined how women were were discriminated against also when it came to seeking a job just because they covered their hair. It proves that people judge you for how you look in society and not for your skills or education. It proves that these so called human rights in western countries are a complete joke because they say we need to free muslim women, we need to help them be educated yet when a Muslim woman wants to wear hijab she is turned away from education.

http://www.amnesty.o...010012012en.pdf

As I've twice stated, I felt unable to usefully comment because the country(ies) being targeted weren't mentioned. So you have mentioned two countries, but that doesn't make discrimination universal does it?

Certainly in the UK a Muslim woman will not be turned away from education for religious or dress reasons.

You say that 'these so called human rights are a complete joke'. Perhaps you would also be interested in Amnesty's reports on women in Afghanistan under the Taliban, who's Sharia law I understand you yourself support. perhaps the boot might be on the other foot then, so to speak.

regards,

ron

The original topic wasn't directed at a particular country - it was a general overview of the prejudices against Muslims. Whether you like it or not these are prejudices.

Maybe a woman in the UK can wear hijab to school but that does not mean she is not looked down upon by other women. It also does not mean she is successful at getting a job if she wears hijab.

• Like 1

Do you think there is worldwide prejudice against Muslims then? Or maybe other minority foreign nationals living outside of their countries of birth suffer from some forms of prejudice as well?

regards,

ron