Islamic Forum
andalusi

Numerical Miracles In The Quran, Real Evidence

PropellerAds

Hi mr_3oz

I think you need to pick a miracle and examine it in detail if you want to understand what’s going on here.  We’ve had so many posters here come in with a list of 50 miracles that all, on the surface, look impressive but have you ever actually dug into the guts of any of them to see if they really stack up?

Andalusi presented some amazing findings of the miracles of 7 and 19 encoded into the quran here before and in post 114 of this thread I found far more unlikely combinations of those numbers in one chapter of “Moby Di-ck”.  Why do you feel that the only slightly improbable findings from the quran prove it is divine while the far far more improbable findings I presented from “Moby Di-ck” don’t prove that it is even more divine?  The combination of findings I presented had an improbability of 1:14274217991299 which far outstrips the findings Andalusi was presenting as proof of the divine.

Another example your ‘miracle’ link talked about the very large 114 digit number that was still divisible by 19.  I presented a number that was 49107 digits long and divisible by 19 pulled from “Moby Di-ck”.  Do you see the problem?  Sure the stuff you pull from the quran looks impressive until you apply the same techniques to other books and you’ll find that any number pulled by any method from any book will have a 1 in 19 chance of passing a divisible by 19 test no matter how long the number is and how it was obtained.  You just have to look at enough chapters and you’ll soon enough find one that surpasses all those in the quarn.

Also you need to apply the same tests to the whole of the quran, when you do this you’ll find that, like all books, most chapters will fail such tests, in fact 18 out of 19 chapters will fail any such test on average.  Of course the opposite is also true, apply enough tests to each chapter and, just like “Moby Di-ck” some will pass a lot of them and will seem very very improbable if you only ignore the method used to find them.

So if you want to spruce a miracle pick one and lets examine it in detail don’t just post lists of ‘miracles’ without any consideration of how amazing or otherwise they are.  That’s foolish at best and dishonest at worst.

Russell

Amazing The Remarkable Structure of the Qur’an.

structure.png?w=255&h=282

The Qur’an is a very unique book in terms of its composition. Its 114 chapters (or ‘Surahs’ in Arabic) are not arranged chronologically or thematically. Even within the individual chapters, numerous topics can be covered with sudden switches from one topic to another and then back again.

This unique structure at face value may appear to be disjointed. However, modern research has discovered a sophisticated structural coherence in the Qur’an known as ring composition.

THEORY OF RING COMPOSITION

Ring composition has been explained by Mary Douglas in her book “Thinking in Circles: An Essay on Ring Composition”. In ring compositions there must be a correspondence between the beginning and the end. It is structured as a sort of circle, or mirror image. The central meaning of the text is placed at its centre. The second half mirrors the first half, in reverse order — e.g., A, B, C, D, C’, B’, A’.

The correspondence usually involves the repetition of a striking or evident word or phrase, and there must be a clear thematic connection between the two sections. The correspondence serves to complete the circle and provide closure. Also, the internal sections – within the ring – must correspond to each other.

To put it in simple terms; ring composition is the equivalent of putting a mirror in the middle – what is mentioned in the first half will be reflected in the second half.

THE CIRCUMSTANCES OF THE QUR’AN’S REVELATION

Before getting into the ring composition of the Qur’an, it’s worth discussing the background and circumstances of the Qur’an’s revelation:

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, could not read or write. The Qur’an itself confirms this:

“Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered prophet, whom they find written in what they have of the Torah and the Gospel…” [Chapter 7, verse 157]

Throughout his life, prior to Prophethood, Muhammad did not have a reputation for poetry. In fact we know from history that at a personal level he disliked it and wasn’t a skilled poet. There are instances where he attempted to relate some poetry and would jumble the words up [1]:

Qatadah narrated, Aisha was asked: Did the Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, use to relate anything from poetry?” She said: It was most detestable thing to him except that (at times) he used to relate a verse from the person of Banu Qays and he jumbled it up. Abu Bakr told him it was not like that. So the Prophet of Allah said, “By Allah I am not a poet and neither is it appropriate for me.”

The Qur’an was originally delivered to its first audience in the form of speech through recitation. Remarkably the Qur’an did not have the opportunity for an editorial process, as many verses were revealed on the spot as a response to unexpected questions and challenges that were brought forward to Prophet Muhammad from both believers and non-believers.

The 6,236 verses that make up the Qur’an were revealed gradually over a period of 23 years. It did not go through multiple revisions as it was revealed:

And those who disbelieve say, “Why was the Qur’an not revealed to him all at once?” Thus [it is] that We may strengthen thereby your heart. And We have spaced it distinctly. [Chapter 25, verse 32]

In light of these circumstances, one would expect the structure of the Qur’an to be incoherent. What we find however, is that it exhibits the sophisticated structure of ring composition.

THE RING COMPOSITION OF THE QUR’AN

Surah al-Baqarah, which we are going to use as a case study in this article, happens to be the longest chapter of the Qur’an and was revealed over a span of many years. Surah Al-Baqarah consists of 286 verses and can be divided into nine main sections based on theme/topic (verse numbers in parenthesis):

1. Faith vs. unbelief (1 – 20).

2. Allah’s creation and knowledge (21 – 39).

3. Deliverance of Law to Children of israel (40 – 103).

4. Abraham was tested (104 – 141).

5. Ka’ba is the new qibla (142 – 152).

6. Muslims will be tested (153 – 177).

7. Deliverance of Law to Muslims (178 – 253).

8. Allah’s creation and knowledge (254 – 284).

9. Faith vs. unbelief (285 – 286).

Re-arranging this list to fit into a ring composition:

A Faith vs. unbelief (1 – 20).

——–B Allah’s creation and knowledge (21 – 39).

—————-C Deliverance of Law to Children of israel (104 – 141).

————————D Abraham was tested (142 – 152).

——————————–E Ka’ba is the new qibla (153 – 177).

————————D’ Muslims will be tested (178 – 253).

—————-C’ Deliverance of Law to Muslims (254 – 284).

——–B’ Allah’s creation and knowledge.

A’ Faith vs. unbelief (285 – 286).

The coherence in the form of a ring composition is best illustrated in the diagram below (please click on picture to enlarge) [2]:

baqarah-ring-diagram.png?w=440&h=342

If we examine the 9 sections we find that they contain sub-ring compositions. So what we have is rings within rings (please click on pictures to enlarge) [3]:

baqarah-ring-a.png?w=440&h=223

baqarah-ring-b.png?w=440&h=178

baqarah-ring-c.png?w=440&h=251

baqarah-ring-d.png?w=440&h=620

baqarah-ring-e.png?w=440&h=235

baqarah-ring-d1.png?w=440&h=176

baqarah-ring-c1.png?w=440&h=260

baqarah-ring-b1.png?w=440&h=128

baqarah-ring-a1.png?w=440&h=136

Here is a table showing parallels between the corresponding sections (the correspondences here are indicated horizontally):

baqarah-ring-summary.png?w=440&h=301

Finally, it’s worth paying special attention to a particular verse of Surah al-Baqarah, the 255th verse known as ‘Ayat al-Kursi’. This verse is considered the most excellent verse of the Qur’an, according to Prophet Muhammad. Its memorisation is highly encouraged, and it just so happens that it too exhibits a ring composition:

ayat-kursi.jpg?w=440&h=506

Raymond K Farrin, author of “Surat al-Baqarah – A Structural Analysis”, concludes on Surah al-Baqarah’s ring composition:

“Indeed this sura exhibits marvellous justness of design. It is precisely and tightly arranged, as we have seen, according to the principles of ring composition; even the section lengths fit perfectly in the overall scheme. Moreover, the precise structure serves as a guide, pointing to key themes in the sura. These occur, according to the logic of the pattern, at the centers of individual rings and, particularly, at the center of the whole sura. At the center of the sura, again, one finds instructions to face Mecca — this being a test of faith; identification of the Muslims as a new, middle community; and the message that all people, regardless of their qibla or spiritual orientation, should race to do good and God will bring them together.”

BENEFITS OF RING COMPOSITION

Ring composition has great exegetical application. For a ring structure not only holds the text together, but also gives focus to the important words and themes. By means of concentric patterning, ring composition calls attention to the centre – we are drawn to look here for the essential message. As Mary Douglas notes concisely, “The meaning is in the middle.” [4]

It also serves as an aid in memorisation, especially useful given the length of Surah al-Baqarah. In his study of ancient poetry, Cedric Whitman found that ring composition simultaneously performed both aesthetic and mnemonic functions. It aids memorisation by permitting the oral poet to easily recall the basic formulae of the composition during performances [5].

CONCLUSION

Given the difficult and protracted circumstances of the Qur’an’s revelation, one would expect it to be in disorder. However as this article has demonstrated, any such understanding reveals a lack of insight into the Qur’an’s sophisticated structure. Upon deep analysis of the Qur’an’s composition we see that it exhibits a remarkable structure. It is simply impossible for Prophet Muhammad, given that he could neither read nor write and had no reputation as a poet or literary expert, to have engineered such a structure himself. This represents compelling evidence that his inspiration for the Qur’an was God Almighty, as the Qur’an itself states:

“Your Companion is neither astray nor being misled. Nor does he say (aught) of (his own) desire. It is no less than inspiration sent down to him. He was taught by one mighty in Power.” [Chapter 53, verses 2-5]

References

1 - Tafsir at-Tabari, also see Tafsir Abdul Razzaq 3/86 Narration No. 2496 under Qur’an 36:69.

2 – Original diagram taken from article at Islam21c, “The Coherence of al-Baqarah”.

3 - Surat al-Baqarah – A Structural Analysis, Raymond Farrin, 2010.

4 – Mary Douglas, Thinking in Circles 16, 35.

5 – Cedric M. Whitman. Homer and the Heroic Tradition. Cambridge: Harvard UP, 1958.

• Like 1

Asalamualakum can u show me a miracle thats actually impossible for humans to do like you cant refutue it  i know the numerical miracle of quran e.g word counts its impossible considering it was revealved over 23 yrs bit by bit but  theres some people that reject the 23 yr period like Jay Smith and others say if i had time i could do these word counts like in 1 yr  or even odd even just take my time and i can do it so even though its impossible to do but if one ignores the history of Quran like some people do they say its not miraculous because even they can do it if they had time  

Asalamualakum can u show me a miracle thats actually impossible for humans to do like you cant refutue it  i know the numerical miracle of quran e.g word counts its impossible considering it was revealved over 23 yrs bit by bit but  theres some people that reject the 23 yr period like Jay Smith and others say if i had time i could do these word counts like in 1 yr  or even odd even just take my time and i can do it so even though its impossible to do but if one ignores the history of Quran like some people do they say its not miraculous because even they can do it if they had time  

this for example

xfxmjn.jpg

or this for example

FirstSurahKoran_(fragment).jpg

fdh669.jpg

a9pw3.jpg

for your confirmation use this calculator

http://www.comptune.....=10&places=100

1)

11234567 : 19 = 591293 NO DECIMAL

2)

119171211191843 : 19 = 6272169010097 NO DECIMAL

3)

134665327663354456558355537537 : 19= 7087648824387076660966080923 NO DECIMAL

4)

139297 : 19 = 59963 NO DECIMAL

5)

174423439 : 19 = 9180181 59963 NO DECIMAL

Can anyone recite a text , without using any calculations, computers, calculus, nor using pen or paper. JUST FROM YOUR MIND?

THAT IS WHY THIS IS IMPOSIBLE TO CREATE SUCH QURAN, THAT IS WHY GOD SAYS THAT IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR HUMANS TO CREATE QURAN, AND THAT QURAN IS HIS BOOK.

or this for example

2hpjcdg.jpg

Salam brother andalusi can u answer my q what i posted on the forum in the category of refuting non muslims i need some answers

Can you really imagine that this book is from muhammed or any humanbeing and not from God

Look this

2czts1k.jpg

biggrin.gif

to confirm this you can klick on this website

http://http://corpus.quran.com/concept.jsp?id=prophet

klick on the right name of the prophet, and then you will see number of occurances, you can confirm how many times every prophet was mentioned by name.

and to confirm how many times root word (R S L) for Resul/Messenger occured in quran klick here

http://http://corpus.quran.com/qurandiction...q=rsl#(2:87:19)

The problem with that is All Messengers were prophets but not all prophets were messengers 

The problem with that is All Messengers were prophets but not all prophets were messengers

does not matter beacuse, in quran similar or opposite stuff are programed with each other

for example

opposite
angels-devils 88 times
man-woman 24 times

similar stuff or connected stuff
sun-light 33 times
wine-drunkness 6 times
Day of judgment-That day (aiming at Judgment day) 70 times

وَكَمْ أَرْسَلْنَا مِنْ نَبِيٍّ فِي الْأَوَّلِينَِ

Wakam arsalna min nabiyyin fee alawwaleena
How many Prophets We sent to the previous peoples!

as you can see connection between the root word RSL (mesanger Rasool and Arsalna We sent) and Nabi (prophet)

and as you can see root RSL (from wich comes messangers (rasool) arsalna (we sent), risala(message) is connected with word Prophet Nabi in the the verse.

Prophets (word Nabi) / Messangers (Rassol from root word RSL) were all sent (arsalna root word RSL) to people from God

And root word RSL is mentioned 513 times
and names of all Prophets/Messangers Abraham, Noah, Jesus, Muhammed, Lot, David Solomon and so on totally 513 times. Edited by andalusi

Can you really imagine that this book is from muhammed or any humanbeing and not from God

Look this

2czts1k.jpg

biggrin.gif

to confirm this you can klick on this website

http://corpus.quran.com/concept.jsp?id=prophet

klick on the right name of the prophet, and then you will see number of occurances, you can confirm how many times every prophet was mentioned by name.

and to confirm how many times root word (R S L) for Resul/Messenger occured in quran klick here

http://corpus.quran.com/qurandiction...q=rsl#(2:87:19)

questions where is Prophet khidr and zukarneyn is not a prophet ?

questions where is Prophet khidr and zukarneyn is not a prophet ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhul-Qarnayn

1. Dhul-Qarnayn was not only a king but also a Prophet of God, who was in contact with God as mentioned in Quran Chapter 18, Verse 86: "We said: "O thou Dhul-Qarnayn! Thou mayest either cause [them] to suffer or treat them with kindness!"

God only contact prophets and his messangers, ordinary people dont get info from God like this.

and Khidr was not mentioned by name in the Quran.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhul-Qarnayn

1. Dhul-Qarnayn was not only a king but also a Prophet of God, who was in contact with God as mentioned in Quran Chapter 18, Verse 86: "We said: "O thou Dhul-Qarnayn! Thou mayest either cause [them] to suffer or treat them with kindness!"

God only contact prophets and his messangers, ordinary people dont get info from God like this.

and Khidr was not mentioned by name in the Quran.

Right thanks brother  good answer im looking at these miracles everyday so il be asking questions about them 

Right thanks brother  good answer im looking at these miracles everyday so il be asking questions about them 

you are welcome, all those nummerical miracles i posted on this forum, and i dont think there is any better forum on internet when it comes to quranic nummerical miracles, and all these nummerical miracles are are tested and verified by me after i found it in other places. I allways cheack, test, and verify before i post so i know for sure that it is 100% correct.

Quran nummerical miracles are something wich can be seen and tested with your own hands, that it why it is so powerful.

Yes i suggest you make your own site and put all these miracles on there because what about one day if this site got closed down or some kafir tried to hack it like with some other muslim sites then we have lost them all 

have you heard of the city of iram miracle in the Quran the name iram was recently discovered because i have a q about that

Yes i suggest you make your own site and put all these miracles on there because what about one day if this site got closed down or some kafir tried to hack it like with some other muslim sites then we have lost them all 

have you heard of the city of iram miracle in the Quran the name iram was recently discovered because i have a q about that

it would be could if someone could copy this material and put it on website just for nummerical miracles of the quran, beacuse as you said if the gawaher goes down then it wil lbe lost, but for me it will not be lost beacuse i have printed it out everything on paper so i have it on paper also, but for you people it would be lost.

i dont know anything about that.

My q about 19 why do you times why not divide subtract i still dont understand what the 19 miracle is about you could do that with any scripture like for e.g "The verse consists of 7 Hebrew words and 28 letters (7 x 4). There are three nouns: ‘God, heavens, earth.’ Their total numeric value (Hebrew has no numbers but these are represented by letters: the sum of the number letters being the numeric value) is 777 (7 x 111). The verb 'created' has the value 203 (7 x 29). The object is contained in the first three words - with 14 letters (7 x 2) The other four words contain the subject - also with 14 letters (7 x 2). The Hebrew words for the two objects - "the heavens and the earth" - each have seven letters."The fourth and fifth words have 7 letters. The value of the first, middle and last letters in the verb 'created' is 133 (7 x 19) the numeric value of the first and last letters of all the words is 1393 (7 x 199) and the value of the first and last letters of the verse is 497 (7 x 71). The Hebrew particle 'eth' with the article 'the', used twice, has the value 407 (7 x 58) and the last letters of the first and last words equal 490 (7 x 70). much more everything is coded by 7  it doesnt mean its divine so whats so convincing about 19 i think in the mathematical miracle theirs some extremes like 19 the word counts letters chapter verses there miracles but 19 doesnt make sense or when u start multiplying or subtracting etc so please explain number 19 cant u find this in any text

My q about 19 why do you times why not divide subtract i still dont understand what the 19 miracle is about you could do that with any scripture like for e.g "The verse consists of 7 Hebrew words and 28 letters (7 x 4). There are three nouns: ‘God, heavens, earth.’ Their total numeric value (Hebrew has no numbers but these are represented by letters: the sum of the number letters being the numeric value) is 777 (7 x 111). The verb 'created' has the value 203 (7 x 29). The object is contained in the first three words - with 14 letters (7 x 2) The other four words contain the subject - also with 14 letters (7 x 2). The Hebrew words for the two objects - "the heavens and the earth" - each have seven letters."The fourth and fifth words have 7 letters. The value of the first, middle and last letters in the verb 'created' is 133 (7 x 19) the numeric value of the first and last letters of all the words is 1393 (7 x 199) and the value of the first and last letters of the verse is 497 (7 x 71). The Hebrew particle 'eth' with the article 'the', used twice, has the value 407 (7 x 58) and the last letters of the first and last words equal 490 (7 x 70). much more everything is coded by 7  it doesnt mean its divine so whats so convincing about 19 i think in the mathematical miracle theirs some extremes like 19 the word counts letters chapter verses there miracles but 19 doesnt make sense or when u start multiplying or subtracting etc so please explain number 19 cant u find this in any text

first where is the boundaries for their calculations, you cant jump into the verse and calculate it, beacuse it would be also wrong even with the quran.

for example why did they use first verse and then calculated it, why not whole chapter, in my calculations you need boundaries.

for example, word thunder is mentioned in two different verses , even though they have both 19 words, 86 letters and word Allah is mentioned after 69 letter.

and if someone would say to me why did you count those two verses,i say beacuse there ar eonly two verses with word thunder not anymore, and if there were more verses with the word thunder then i would understand if someone asked me why did yo ucounted that verse why not that one last or in middle or in the begining.

if they counted whole chapter and then presented the facts then it would be ok, but not just jump into the verses and count them, then you have no boundaries for your calculations.

for example, we divide with 19 whole chapter fatiha, and first verse wich is repeated in 113 chapters, beacuse that verse is sepecial that is why, but if if choose to count on verse 3 or 4 for example, then we would not have boundaries, if someone asked why did you counted 3 or 4 and not 5 or 6 or 7, there is allways qwuestion "why"? 

so i ask why did you count first verse in bible and not others?

and if it was by chance that someone is programmed with 7 is 14% while that something is programmed with 19 then it is only 6 % chance that it is by chance. 

the problem with biblical example above is that you dont have boundary in your calculation, it is like pick and choose calculations. while at least we have boundaries in our calculations in the quran. and if we had no boundary in our calculations in quran then in my opinion calculation would be invalid, beacuse it would be pick and choose.

much more everything is coded by 7  it doesnt mean its divine so whats so convincing about 19 i think in the mathematical miracle theirs some extremes like 19 the word counts letters chapter verses there miracles but 19 doesnt make sense or when u start multiplying or subtracting etc so please explain number 19 cant u find this in any text

in quran we have clear indications that it is programmed while we dont have in bible, in quran for example, number 19 is mentioned inthe verse

"over it are 19"

or number 7 is also mentioned in the for "We gave you 7 oftrepeated"

do we have such number indications in bible?

6sxfdi.jpg

copy this blue text between words Moon and Earth and you will get 306 letters, divide by 3 wich is 3 letters of  (QMR) Moon then  you will get ratio 102

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم اقتربت الساعه وانشق القمر

وان يروا ءايه يعرضوا ويقولوا سحر مستمر

وكذبوا واتبعوا اهواءهم وكل امر مستقر

ولقد جاءهم من الانباء ما فيه مزدجر

حكمه بلغه فما تغن النذر

فتول عنهم يوم يدع الداع الي شيء نكر

خشعا ابصرهم يخرجون من الاجداث كانهم جراد منتشر

مهطعين الي الداع يقول الكفرون هذا يوم عسر

كذبت قبلهم قوم نوح فكذبوا عبدنا وقالوا مجنون وازدجر

فدعا ربه اني مغلوب فانتصر

ففتحنا ابوب السماء بماء منهمر

وفجرنا الارض عيونا فالتقي الماء علي امر قد قدر

j0vg8z.jpg

Edited by andalusi

Have you come across this miracle ? http://www.bilal-prayer.com/quran_en.html  if that doesnt work type on google graphical miracle quran it should be the first one  or http://www.slideshare.net/guest65165a/qurangraph  do you think its powerful or not 

Edited by muslim4life7

6sxfdi.jpg

copy this blue text between words Moon and Earth and you will get 306 letters, divide by 3 wich is 3 letters of (QMR) Moon then you will get ratio 102

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم اقتربت الساعه وانشق القمر

وان يروا ءايه يعرضوا ويقولوا سحر مستمر

وكذبوا واتبعوا اهواءهم وكل امر مستقر

ولقد جاءهم من الانباء ما فيه مزدجر

حكمه بلغه فما تغن النذر

فتول عنهم يوم يدع الداع الي شيء نكر

خشعا ابصرهم يخرجون من الاجداث كانهم جراد منتشر

مهطعين الي الداع يقول الكفرون هذا يوم عسر

كذبت قبلهم قوم نوح فكذبوا عبدنا وقالوا مجنون وازدجر

فدعا ربه اني مغلوب فانتصر

ففتحنا ابوب السماء بماء منهمر

وفجرنا الارض عيونا فالتقي الماء علي امر قد قدر

j0vg8z.jpg

Dont you think thats just playing around with letters and numbers you could do that with another book find something like that u could times or divide or add till it suits your answer the miracles which convinces me is the odd even which is the greatest then the word counts and letters and the moon landing they are the most powerful irrefutable and not playing around the rest are playing around . Also, how did the greeks know "Eratosthenes calculated the circumference of the Earth without leaving Egypt." Edited by muslim4life7

Have you come across this miracle ? http://www.bilal-prayer.com/quran_en.html  if that doesnt work type on google graphical miracle quran it should be the first one  or http://www.slideshare.net/guest65165a/qurangraph  do you think its powerful or not 

i dont know about that, i dont like it since we dont have boundaries when we connect dots, that is why i dont like it.

Dont you think thats just playing around with letters and numbers you could do that with another book find something like that u could times or divide or add till it suits your answer the miracles which convinces me is the odd even which is the greatest then the word counts and letters and the moon landing they are the most powerful irrefutable and not playing around the rest are playing around . Also, how did the greeks know "Eratosthenes calculated the circumference of the Earth without leaving Egypt."

Dont you think thats just playing around with letters and numbers you could do that with another book

show me another book wich have such nummerical miracles.

earth---306 letters---moon (moon in arabic written with 3 letters , equvivalent to the diameter of the moon)

earth---distance---moon diamater

306 / 3 = 102

Distance / moon diamater = 102

THIS IS TOO MUch to be coincidence.

show me another book wich have such nummerical miracles.

earth---306 letters---moon (moon in arabic written with 3 letters , equvivalent to the diameter of the moon)

earth---distance---moon diamater

306 / 3 = 102

Distance / moon diamater = 102

THIS IS TOO MUch to be coincidence.

Im going to try to find it but iv heard "The ancient Greeks did it, and you can too. Find out how some easily observable facts allow you to measure the approximate distance from the Earth to the Moon."  or the ancient indians one of them knew it but il double check but if they didnt know then you can say its a miracle

Im going to try to find it but iv heard "The ancient Greeks did it, and you can too. Find out how some easily observable facts allow you to measure the approximate distance from the Earth to the Moon."  or the ancient indians one of them knew it but il double check but if they didnt know then you can say its a miracle

let see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_distance_(astronomy)

The first person to measure the distance to the Moon was the 2nd-century-BCE astronomer and geographer Hipparchus, who exploited the lunar parallax using simpletrigonometry, measuring the distance as 400,000 kilometers. He was approximately 26,000 km (16,000 mi) off the actual distance, an error of about 6.8%.

QMR means moon in arabic

earth_____306 letters_____QMR(3 letter)

306/3=102

earth_____distance 356 400km_____Moon diameter 3474.2 km

356 400/ 3474.2=102.58

difference is only 0.58,  580 meters, can you imagine this presicion?