Islamic Forum
taalib

How To Translate This Arabic Text Into English

Assalamu Alykum

I was reading an Arabic langauge material (and even found its translation on the web) but could not understand meaning of one line (presently my level of Arabic lamguage is not more than a begginer)

This is basically a fatwa of Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah, Can be seen here: http://www.islamweb.net/newlibrary/display_book.php?bk_no=22&ID=2404&idfrom=3733&idto=3738&bookid=22&startno=1.The line that I need to be translated into English is here:

وإنما كان الملتزم لشرائع الإسلام الشيزبرون وهو الذي أظهر من شرائع الإسلام ما استفاض عند الناس

Does it mean that Shezberoun promoted Islamic Shari' and then they got popular among people...

or it means that

The Islamic Shari' that were popular among people, Shezberoun promoted them (only).

Barak Allahu Feekum

PropellerAds

Assalamu Alykum

وإنما كان الملتزم لشرائع الإسلام الشيزبرون وهو الذي أظهر من شرائع الإسلام ما استفاض عند الناس

Does it mean that Shezberoun promoted Islamic Shari' and then they got popular among people...

or it means that

The Islamic Shari' that were popular among people, Shezberoun promoted them (only).

Barak Allahu Feekum

wa alykom alsalam wa rahmat Allah,

what i can understand is:

Shezberoun is the one who strictly followed Islamic teachings, and these teachings what become popular among people...

i feel the meaning is: Shezberoun liked the teachings while the others imitate that without being really convinced,