Islamic Forum

The highest religious entity and the government

I'm sorry, could you elucidate with regard to the modern world we live in today?

regards,

ron

PropellerAds

It's the responsibility of the government. Whoever governs that area is responsible for implementing Islamic law.

Whether it is the previous govt. of Timbuktu or the current Al-q or whatever that group is. They control that area and govern it right now so it would be their responsibility. If someone else takes over tomorrow the responsibility will fall on them, etc.

Its explained very clear in the post made above

Fine. But it still hasn't been explained exactly what 'implementing Islamic law' means, since it has been stated on this forum that, as things stand at present' there is no country at the present moment which can be called truly Islamic.

Also it isn't clear if this 'law' regarding tombs (which, it would appear, is based simply upon a hadith) would apply to the present building of graves or also to the demolition of existing graves.

regards,

ron

Fine. But it still hasn't been explained exactly what 'implementing Islamic law' means, since it has been stated on this forum that, as things stand at present' there is no country at the present moment which can be called truly Islamic.

Yes, I agree we are still behind in implementing the Islamic law, but that does not mean we should give up on it totally.

Also it isn't clear if this 'law' regarding tombs (which, it would appear, is based simply upon a hadith) would apply to the present building of graves or also to the demolition of existing graves.

regards,

ron

Being this law is from an authentic hadith makes it valid to be followed, as you know, muslims follow both quran and hadith, and it goes for both building and demolition of unlawful ones

Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb seems to be yet another extreme and hateful Muslim fundamentalist group. The fact that they exist at all is one of my reasons for being skeptical about the idea that a deity has given us all the holy texts. If such an all powerful deity did exist, why is there so much evil in this religious world? Of course, I ask the same thing of Christians and Jews. Sorry if I sound like I'm preaching, again. As an atheist, I generally believe that respect for others and even their beliefs is something that has been developed in mankind through generations of evolution. Unfortunately, stupid and hurtful lack of respect for others has never been totally "bred out of us!"

Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb seems to be yet another extreme and hateful Muslim fundamentalist group. The fact that they exist at all is one of my reasons for being skeptical about the idea that a deity has given us all the holy texts. If such an all powerful deity did exist, why is there so much evil in this religious world? Of course, I ask the same thing of Christians and Jews.

I like to attribute all of this to the extremism and fanatism and not religion at all. I can confirm that, in Islam Allah and his messenger warned us against extremism what ever the circumstances. while as human being, under a certain rate of un-justice and/or oppresion any one may turn to be an extremist.

I like to point out that the former USSR as a whole regime, presidents, governments, armies, KGB, every member in the executive system, had a great deal of hate, they killed millions of their own people, forced 10th of millions to leave their home lands to work in a far away places with the lowest degree of facilities. As I know the former USSR and every similar regime were not religious regimes, on the contrary they were attacking every religion, I can call them either "non-believers in god or atheists"

10s of revolutionary organizations popped up all over the world (mainly in Europe) in the late 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s walking after the USSR ideas. The red regiments in Italy, Mahenrauf in Germany, and many others killed many and caused a lot of mess and hate, not for religion but mostly the opposite.

Then it's extremism in any belief/non-belief, not respecting or tolerating the others or not accepting the natural variety that Allah did. This kind of extremism will generate the counter-extremism in the other side, or a part of it, to be more accurate.

the one kind of extremism that have a higher voice (media, armies, biased scholars) will have a higher advantage to control the whole scene, flip over realities, invint names and diffenitions and apply them the way it likes, and control mulitudes.