Islamic Forum
Saracen21stC

Uefa Euro 2012 (Poland-Ukraine)

Uefa Euro 2012 (Poland-Ukraine) Poll  

5 members have voted

1. 1. 1. Which Teams Do You Want to Pass the Group Stage (to Quarter Final) ? VOTE FOR TWO TEAMS FROM EACH GROUP

• Poland (Group A)
    • Greece (Group A)
    • Russia (Group A)
    • Czech Republic (Group A)
    • -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Netherlands (Group B)
    • -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Denmark (Group B)
    • -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Germany (Group B)
    • -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Portugal (Group B)
  2. 2. 2. Which Teams Do You Want to Pass the Group Stage (to Quarter Final) ? VOTE FOR TWO TEAMS FROM EACH GROUP

• Spain (Group C)
    • Italy (Group C)
    • Republic of Ireland (Group C)
    • Croatia (Group C)
    • -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ukraine (Group D)
    • -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sweden (Group D)
    • -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------England (Group D)
    • -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------France (Group D)
  3. 3. Who Do You Want to Win the Uefa Euro 2012?

• Poland (Group A)
    • Greece (Group A)
    • Russia (Group A)
    • Czech Republic (Group A)
    • Netherlands (Group B)
    • Denmark (Group B)
    • Germany (Group B)
    • Portugal (Group B)
    • Spain (Group C)
    • Italy (Group C)
    • Republic of Ireland (Group C)
    • Croatia (Group C)
    • Ukraine (Group D)
    • Sweden (Group D)
    • England (Group D)
    • France (Group D)

PropellerAds

MATCH 3 - METALIST STADIUM, 9/6 22:00*

449.png

Netherlands

vs

479.png

Denmark

Michael Krohn-Dehli (24')

I will not be so surprised if Denmark get something out of this match.

MATCH 4 - ARENA LVIV, UKRAINE 10/6 0:45*

481.png

Germany

Mario Gomez (72')

vs

482.png

Portugal

Two very good matches tonight/today. Can't wait!!

Well, the Netherlands-Denmark game is wide open so far. Both teams are creating and having chances. I'm a little surprised Denmark has scored first.

I will not be so surprised if Denmark get something out of this match.

Hmmmmm. They have caused the first upset of the Euro 2012. Now a bit surprised.X

Meanwhile we are having an entertaining game between Argentina and Brazil....

Score 1-1 now, at 33rd minutes.

Edit: Messi has just scored another goal. 2-1 to Argentina now!

Portugal missed a couple of good chances. They hit the crossbar twice. But lost to the Germans.

Meanwhile the Argentina vs Brazil match has a 3-3 scoreline. 10 more minutes to go.

EDIT: It's 4-3 now. What a goal from Messi!!! What a match!! I am running out of words.

MATCH 5 - ARENA GDANSK, 10/6 22:00*

164.png

Spain

Cesc Fábregas (64')

vs

162.png

Italy

Antonio Di Natale (61')

This will be a cracker match. It's a battle between two style of play - Tiki-taka /Free flowing passing football (Spain) vs Catenaccio (Italy).

MATCH 6 - POZNAN MUNICIPAL STADIUM,11/6 0:45*

476.png

Ireland

Sean St. Ledger (19')

vs

477.png

Croatia

Mario Mandzukic (3')

Nikica Jelavic (43')

Mario Mandzukic (48')

A win from either of this team could make their way easy for a surprise progression to next round through the expense of (either) Italy or Spain.

And we have some Irish supporters here. For the first time in my life I will be supporting the Irish team...

I'm sticking with the Irish since my grandmother was from Ireland. And I don't think Italy will beat Spain.

The Irish play a team-oriented style, most of their players aren't superstars but they are all pretty solid and strong. The Croatians need Luka Modric to play well in order for them to really progress. I do think that the winner of the second match has an outstanding chance to be in position to move onto the quarters.

So, a draw for Italy and Spain..................

On the other hand, it is not looking so good for the Irish.....

So, a draw for Italy and Spain..................

On the other hand, it is not looking so good for the Irish.....

I have a soft spot for the Irish- do hope they can get back on track.

I have a soft spot for the Irish- do hope they can get back on track.

Highly likely that they will have to beat both Spain and Italy. Or at least a win and a draw from the next two matches.

And you have not voted for Group D. Please vote for that group as well. :)

MATCH 7 - DONBASS ARENA, UKRAINE 11/6 22:00*

478.png

France

Samir Nasri (39')

vs

448.png

England

Joleon Lescott (30')

This is yet another big match. Could be a very tight one. Expecting a draw or a narrow win.

MATCH 8 - KIEV OLYMPIC STADIUM, UKRAINE12/6 0:45*

457.png

Ukraine

Andriy Shevchenko (55')

Andriy Shevchenko (62')

vs

466.png

Sweden

Zlatan Ibrahimovic (52')

I am expecting the England-France game to be a bit...static. Without Rooney, England isn't as strong going forward and will look to be strong at the back and probably try to get one goal. I'd expect a draw honestly. The Ukraine-Sweden game meanwhile, I think Sweden can do quite well. If Ibrahimovich plays well, then they'll likely overpower Ukraine, even with Ukraine playing in front of their own fans.

I do not think Rooney has ever been prolific in international tournaments and hopefully without him England will look towards other good players to get the job done. England will do well to win the game I think while a draw would suit both teams England really need the win. I hope he plays Oxade-Chamberlin as he is one the few players that runs with intent... bit like me on the park :P

• Like 1

While Rooney has never had the spark in international play compared to club yet, he is still one of England's best total strikers really. His problem has always been his temper which has prevented his being able to perform consistently. And I like Oxlade-Chamberlain too. He's a big strong kid who shows no fear. England's biggest asset right now is actually Joe Hart in a way. With him, they can be confident of not giving up too many goals at all...

• Like 1

I have learnt playing football and am still learning that no matter how good a keeper is without a good defence they are sitting ducks. Just look at shay given with Ireland a great keeper but mistakes by the defence left him with no chance. While Hart is a great player and a great asset, I think for England Scott Parker will be key in the holding role, protect the defence which has the potential to be very good but also very shaky.

I look forward to the game with low expectation to avoid dissapointment!

I can agree with what you say, though I will add that Hart is a much surer keeper over the past 2 years than either Shay Given or Robert Green for instance. But yes, the defense will be key. What you also have to look at is whether Ribery and Benzema perform against the England back four. I still think it is likely a draw.