Islamic Forum
SaracenSoldier

I Converted To Islam! Alhamdulillah!

This is a story posted by a covert on another forum. Really nice story. I can't post link to source as it is another forum and posting links to other forums is against the rules. However, if anyone wants the source PM me and I'll send you the link.

I am a Norwegian man, and have been interested in religions since my early teens. I never really looked at Islam, because I considered it "some sort of christianity-jewish thing" because I had no knowledge at all. I read all about all sorts of other religions, too many to mention.

Then 3 years ago I lived in Glasgow, Scotland and was drinking beer on the street when this man came to me and asked "Do you know anything about Islam?", the people I was with walked away from this man, but I started to talk to him. (at some point i left my beer and followed the man.) He was going to the Masjid and he wanted to show me around.

I was actually quite interested and listened to him speak about Islam. And I can still remember how his eyes looked when he told me that Islam is the most beautiful religion. He made me interested and I asked if he had a Quran, which he did. Then We said good bye.

At the time I was a artist (painter) and I used to paint humans and animals and all sorts of things and did alot of other sins that I did not want to stop doing, so I completely avoided the man the next time I saw him... When I think back at it, it probably was a bit rude, but I did not want to be converted, he still do not know that my dawah STARTED me on my way.

At the time, I was the worst sort... I only read a couple of pages of the Quran, and I do not know what I did with it.

But I learned a little here and a little there and after 2 years I worked in a 24-hour store in Oslo. And every time these drunk people flooded the place I was disgusted by the sheer violence and evil in these people. And I remember at one point, there was some REALLY pathetic drunk people in the store, and I looked at the worst of them and thought "I am JUST like that", the worst person (in my mind) of all the drunk people was the one that was most similar to me...

So I decided to stop drinking, and then I decided to start praying more... I knew muslims prayed 5 times per day but it was so hard! Then one friday morning I just woke up, put on my clothes and went to the nearest Masjid I knew about to convert. And when I went there, it was LOCKED... And I was all.... "But it's friday! Am I too late?" (this was at like 9 in the morning) so I looked around and saw a woman with a hijab walking with a man with a beard. I did not know muslim men had beards, but I knew muslim women had hijabs. So Alhamdulillah I found some muslims and the man took me to a masjid that was open.

Where I stayed and talked to some brothers and then I watched my first Khutba and converted after Jummah. At the time I did not know much about Islam, I knew a little tiny bit. I am a very critical man, I am sceptical about lots of stuff. But not to Islam, even when I did not know what it was, because it was so natural.

Every kaffir knows inside that Islam is true, the reason I did not convert at once was because I wanted to sin, not because I did not believe. But Al hamdulillah, Allah relieved me of such horrible things.

I pray my prayers, I grow my beard, I do my fast, I married another Norwegian convert (both are Norwegian)

And becoming a muslim is the best thing ever, sometimes muslims want to try dunya, but there is really nothing there at all. Every sin is a sin for a good reason. I was never happy before I became muslim, at times it was completely horrible, even when I had all the dunya I wanted.

That is my story... The gist of it at least.

The moral of this story is

1. Always do dawah, the man who did dawah to me had no brochures or anything. He just started asking what I knew, and offered to show me the masjid.

2. Do not feel bad if it really looks like the dawah did not work, even if people rudely disregard you. And obviosly avoid you. You never know what kind of seed that dawah did. It took ME two years, maybe someone else use a longer time.

3. Always make sure your woman wears hijab, in case a confused kaffir wants to convert.

4. It is true when Allah says that he guides who he wants, he guides who he wants. Even people who have no idea what they are doing can still feel 100% sure it is the right thing to do. And you might find "the worst sort" become muslim. Even the people that you think "he will never become muslim", he might still become muslim. And it is worth a shot trying to do dawah to him, even if he is openly doing a sin.

PropellerAds

Alhumdulleah brother

mubarak

1. Always do dawah, the man who did dawah to me had no brochures or anything. He just started asking what I knew, and offered to show me the masjid.

You derived some rules from this story but pay attention...IF you always do dawah, you have to be careful against missionary activities...Religion is very fragile area.I am very happy with these kind of conversion but this does not mean that you have the right to derive some General rules from them.Islam is not a kind of manifestation.It is a religion....

This is a story posted by a covert on another forum. Really nice story. I can't post link to source as it is another forum and posting links to other forums is against the rules. However, if anyone wants the source PM me and I'll send you the link.

I think such rule is only for signatures. Here is an excerpt from the rules

Signatures:

You may have a signature to show under all your posts, provided that the signature meets the following limitations:

1- Maximum characters: 300 (only standard font size allowed)

2- Maximum images in signature: 1

3- image maximum file size: 10KB

4- image maximum dimensions (width x height): 400x60 pixels

5- No links or names of other Islamic forums

6- No links or names of any sect, cult, anti_islamic, or websites preaching other faith

Source: http://www.gawaher.c...tion=boardrules

The third point had me laughing

"3. Always make sure your woman wears hijab, in case a confused kaffir wants to convert

I don't know why but every time I read that, it makes me laugh.

The third point is the best! Haha :D