Islamic Forum
AdrienneT

Hello Gawaher.

Hello everybody. I am a Christian but I have decided it is time to learn about Islam. Knowledge is important after all. I hope I learn a lot about this faith. I don't know if I'd convert but it can't hurt to learn about different religions and cultures. That's what unites us all. Knowledge is sacred and important if we ever want to gain world peace.

May God bless you.

PropellerAds

Hello. I agree knowledge is very important and thankfully there are people who are willing to share knowledge in a friendly way here. I hope you enjoy it here as much as I have started to. :D

WELCOME, Adrienne! I'm an old atheist, but I agree that learning about religion is important. Unfortunately, religion , much too often, is the enemy. Too often it has been imposed at the point of a sword, too often the practice of religion has led to violence, and far too often employing religion has led to the adoption of evil laws. So far, during my visit here, I have concluded that Islam has been as much troubled be these realities as has Christianity during its history. I am still trying to decide which religion is causing more harm, or if either is doing any good, in the world today! I do disagree with the Muslim members here about whether an Islamic State is a good idea. I can't think of a good Islamic State, or, for that matter, of a good Jewish State, though a few of the nominally Christian states are good countries. And, even though America was designed as a secular state, the influence of fundamental Christianity and Zionism has damaged the United States, perhaps beyond repair!

Enjoy your time here, and try to learn from all of us! Visit TheFriendly AtheistForum to get the perspective that I have, and learn about us heathen unbelievers!

Welcome AdrienneT, You have chosen the right place for learning Islam. If you have questions please ask here at non-Muslim Q&A section.

Here is also another good read for new members

http://www.gawaher.c...bers-read-this/

Then there is also forum rules section

http://www.gawaher.c...tion=boardrules

Hello, AdreinneT

welcome to the IF, and hope you will enjoy your times here and find what you are seeking for,

real peace to the truth seekers,

welcome to the forum adrienne hopefully we can help you with any questions you have

Hi and welcome to the forum. Hope you'll find here what you're searching for :)