Islamic Forum
Izzy1987

What Can We Do About Debbie Schlussel?

This woman has been spreading hate all over her blog, facebook and twitter. She offended Muslims, Poles, homosexuals and many more. I have written letters to polish Government asking for intervention. I would like her to at least publicly apologise for the lies she has been telling. I have commented on her blog and facebook page, but she just keeps blocking people and deleting their comments. She only keeps the once that favour her.

Please, if you know of way to stop this injustice and make her accountable for racism and ethicity abuse, let me know.

God bless you all,

Izzy

Start a blog of your own in which you refute her. Try to get your refutation published in a journal/magazine. Use the same social media that she uses, i.e. facebook, twitter, to combat her lies.

Honestly speaking, no one's really going to do anything unless she was directly advocating killing/attacking others (even though I'm sure people are influenced by her to do such crimes).

Best thing to do is ignore her, because even if you somehow took her down, there will be others who will just take her place. Hatred is a part of life and you just have to deal with it, it's like a test.

Unfortunately you will always get people who promote hate... you have the two options above either you ignore her and carry on with your life not, or you can dedicate part of your time to refute her claims...

I just went over her blog. What hate? Where is an example of hate? Granted, I only browsed over the first page and please correct me if I am wrong, but I see a woman - or someone writing under a woman's name - commenting on what goes on in the world. Critical but not hateful.

You say she lies, but don't explain or prove anything. Accusing someone of lying is a serious allegation, one that needs to be proven. Maybe she just described a situation from her point of view and you are over sensitive and want to see this as a lie.

Why do you think a government should intervene? Is what it says there illegal or is it covered under free speech? Is it illegal because you don't like it? I maintain if a person is offended it's the offended person's own fault. If you feel offended by what she says, ignore it.

As far as I am concerned I am a polite fellow and not violent or insulting. Yet I am banned from a Muslim forum because I asked a question about a hadith about Muhammad. The moderators did not like my critical question and banned me. Am I offended? Am I writing letters to the Saudi government? No, I leave it.

In your case, I would show what the facts are and let people make up their own minds.

StopS...she espouses that the Poles ran the deathcamps in WW2, which is an outright lie. She took an ignorant comment made by President Obama and treated it as complete fact. When he apologized for his mistake, she attacked him saying he was a coward because everyone knows what he said is true.

The Polish government has disputed her so-called facts, but sadly like many others, she promotes herself as some kind of journalist without really understanding what that means. She has no journalistic ethics (something that is sadly lacking in many areas worldwide honestly).

StopS...she espouses that the Poles ran the deathcamps in WW2, which is an outright lie. She took an ignorant comment made by President Obama and treated it as complete fact. When he apologized for his mistake, she attacked him saying he was a coward because everyone knows what he said is true.

The Polish government has disputed her so-called facts, but sadly like many others, she promotes herself as some kind of journalist without really understanding what that means. She has no journalistic ethics (something that is sadly lacking in many areas worldwide honestly).

Ah, ok, thank you.

Well, I just read some comments about her blog on this and find that she is following a typical right wing stance. And I update my statement about her blog to reflect my disgust at the blatant lies and accusations about the Polish people and their involvement in the Concentration or Death Camps. I find this kind of guilt shifting vile.

The Poles were discriminating against the Jews just as much as any nation and this is still a sore point in their history. But they had no say over the location of some camps on what is today Polish soil.

Here's what Polish people say to this and who honestly admits to some of the atrocities also committed by Polish people, which they say is offset by the benign attitude of other Poles towards Jews.

http://www.polishweekly.com/2012/06/a-response-to-debbie-schlussels-anti-polish-rant/

http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/101123/nazi-collaborators-or-victims