Islamic Forum
iMusliMariam

Are Disbelievers Forbidden/unwelcome In The Masjid?

I think a non-Muslim, who is without a doubt spiritually impure and forever unloved by God (Allah) for being a disbeliever, should not be allowed in the masjid/noble house of Allah.

A non-Muslim who sits in a masjid is like an unwelcome jew who is lingering about among many nazis. What do you think, brothers and sisters in Islam? Are disbelivers allowed in masjids?

Edited by iMusliMariam

PropellerAds

The morning assembly usually takes place in the masjid at our Islamic school. A small number of our students happen to be non-Muslims. Are they allowed to even be in the masjid? Their unwanted stay in the masjid is just an insult to themselves, because as long as they are disbelievers who are secretly holding grudges against Muslims, their stay in the masjid may cause them to be open to the wrath and Curse of Allah.

Allah knows best.

My only question about that is, what about people who are looking into Islam but are trying to legitimately find out about info. If you turn them away, you stand a chance of them not being comfortable becoming Muslim.

Not meaning any disrespect to you or Allah at all. Some of us wish to learn. :)

If they wish to come without harming others then 100% YES

But if they do not want to come, they should not be forced.

I think that we should always provide any person with a guided tour of the masjid. We never know what is in the heart of a person and so can therefore never assume something negative. Its a great way to share and explain how and what Islam holds dear.

My only question about that is, what about people who are looking into Islam but are trying to legitimately find out about info. If you turn them away, you stand a chance of them not being comfortable becoming Muslim.

Not meaning any disrespect to you or Allah at all. Some of us wish to learn. :)

Those who are looking into Islam are welcomed in the Masjid. This was done by the Prophet (pbuh). Plus it is a part of heatlhy social etiquette. Turning somebody away from the Masjid while inviting them to Islam is a major turn-off to most, if not everybody.

As for other non-Muslims, provided they are hostile to Islam and adamant disbelievers, I don't think there is harm in it since they can learn about Islam in the Masjid. Let's remember that the majority of people are non-believers because the the Truth has not been presented with the Truth.

Why should they not be allowed? They should be encouraged to come and learn about Islam.

I think if they seriously want to learn about Islam they may do so without the need of insulting themselves by unwantedly entering the glorified masjids of Allah.

That is like an atheist/ignoble infidel who was destined to do an evil deed that will be the cause of Allah and the noble angels to curse him every day and night until he becomes an inhabitant of hell in this world and the afterlife.

Allahu A'lam.

Edited by iMusliMariam

I have a friend, herself a revert, who has invited me to go with them to their masjid this Friday even though I am not a Muslim at this time. The reason being that I am pretty close to reverting in all honesty and yet I have questions and concerns. There aren't that many Muslims that live within my community itself and there is a lot of hatred towards Islam here.

I have been learning all I can outside of going to a masjid, but for instance, I have never seen the actual prayer all the way through and wouldn't even feel comfortable just trying to learn about it on youtube. So would you say that it is better for me to go to the masjid and learn so that I can feel comfortable about reverting, or I should stay away and possibly not revert at all because I have too many questions and concerns to handle on my own?

I have a friend, herself a revert, who has invited me to go with them to their masjid this Friday even though I am not a Muslim at this time. The reason being that I am pretty close to reverting in all honesty and yet I have questions and concerns. There aren't that many Muslims that live within my community itself and there is a lot of hatred towards Islam here.

I have been learning all I can outside of going to a masjid, but for instance, I have never seen the actual prayer all the way through and wouldn't even feel comfortable just trying to learn about it on youtube. So would you say that it is better for me to go to the masjid and learn so that I can feel comfortable about reverting, or I should stay away and possibly not revert at all because I have too many questions and concerns to handle on my own?

I don't think any sane/knowledgeable Muslim will ever say NO to a non-Muslim in this case. I would say go to the Masjid, and put forward your questions and 'concerns'. I am praying so that God make it easy for you to find the truth.

Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chapter 9 Surah Taubah verse 28:

28. O you who believe! Verily, the Mushrikin are impure. So let them not come near Al-Masjid Al-Haram after this year; and if you fear poverty, Allah will enrich you if He wills, out of His bounty. Surely, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise.)

Hence, except the Sacred Sanctuary in Makkah, disbelievers are welcome to enter ‘masjids’ to learn about the Truth of Islam if they wanted to do so willingly. However, they have to show proper respect in the Masjid.

As for your Nightingale, we really encourage you to accept your friend invitation and attend at Masjid

Nightingale, you should definately attend the Masjid.

A Masjid is a place where humans come together who believe in a common god. This is not a secret society or a closed club. The building was constructed by humans and is a building with a spiritual purpose.

What damage would a person do, who quietly observes religious humans? I have been inside Masjids and have chatted to Imams. Muslims invited me to join their discussion round and invited me to their homes to chat some more. I followed etiquette and was not biting off a piece from a pork sandwich and drinking alcohol, but just spent a few minutes, soaking up the very special atmosphere, which is much more friendly than the stark, cold and horrible place Christians call a church.

Was I insulting anyone? No!

Was I insulted by anyone? No!

Just people talking about their different beliefs and learning from each other. Why is that wrong?