Islamic Forum
andalusi

Ten Facts About Sharia Law (Islamic Law)

And may I ask what exactly you are implying with that statement Skydiver2? Curious to see what your answer will be.

Providing a medical diagnosis and then saying there's no doctor. Is that like saying it's un-Islamic and then saying we don't have all the knowledge? Is this methodology going to end up a pandemic?

What is your purpose? If you realize your purpose and make statements to antagonize individuals is not part of the purpose, then please refrain. If your purpose is to antagonize individuals, then say so. Stick to your purpose.

What is your purpose? If you realize your purpose and make statements to antagonize individuals is not part of the purpose, then please refrain. If your purpose is to antagonize individuals, then say so. Stick to your purpose.

Nah, I reckon a little ribbing is ok.

And may I ask what exactly you are implying with that statement Skydiver2? Curious to see what your answer will be.

I have often seen content which clear thought is o##cured by emotive content. I am stating a fact. One's mind cannot and is not able to think clearly and rationally if it is o##cured by one's emotions.

In spite of the fact that I suspect that you think I have an 'anti-Islamic' agenda, I have noticed this phenomenon amongst almost all types of people,

including myself. I am implying that this is quite often present on this forum, from what I can see so far.

Salaam,

Sky

Would you follow such an asinine thread? :cry:

No I wouldn't, which is why I'm hitting the unfollow thread button to prevent my inbox getting spammed up.

OK, I think everybody has told the others how much they hate one another, so maybe we can get back to my original questions.

We have someone claim that Sharia (Islamic law) consists of facts and presents a list with 10 items on it.

Ten facts about Sharia law (Islamic law)

1. Non-Muslims can live inside the Islamic State.

2. The Non-Muslim citizen (Dhimmi) - including Muslims - get rights to free food, clothing and shelter provided by the state by default.

3. Fee's such as council tax, road tax etc. will be abolished.

4. The 'Jiziyaa' (Non-muslim tax) is lower than the 'Zakat' (Muslim tax).

5. Earth's resources cannot be privatised and sold at extortionate prices.

6. Poverty will be eradicated.

7. Society ills (such as gambling, prostitution, drugs and paedophilia etc) will be extinguished.

8. Education is free to ALL citizens

9. The punishment system (Judicial system) in Islam is superior than any man made system.

10. Divine human rights VS Man-made human rights.

Looking for the origin there are not many sources possible. I found a Salafi blog with this exact contents http://dcfnfb.blogspot.de/2010/11/ten-facts-about-sharia-law-islamic-law.html, which says: Please look out for more articles on SALAFIMEDIA which explain the need of Shari'ah and its benefits.

We have several claims, no definitions, no evidence, no examples and no consequences. There are, however, numerous appeals to emotion, which don't help. Looking at the "facts" it becomes evident very quickly that these are not facts at all, but a mere wish-list. To get through to the veracity of this post I think a few questions require an answer.

What interests me the most:

1. Who is this Sharia for?

2. Who decides what Sharia is? What is the contents I have been told it is based on the Koran and the Sunnah. Who decides what part of the Koran and what part of the Sunnah?

3. Who is the owner of Sharia?

4. Who maintains and updates Sharia? (the boyfriend puts naked pictures of his fiancee on Facebook was not a common issue 100 years ago)

5. Are the madhabs using identical Sharia?

6. Are all Sharias identical?

7. Is the Muslim who beats his wife treated the same way in every region of Islam?

And finally the most important question: why would Sharia represent an improvement over the existing legal system, which has its flaws, but is being constantly improved. The claim that x% of "Western" people are in prison does not constitute anything but a red herring and an appeal to emotion.

I am curious whether anyone will be able to even partially fill the blank with facts and objective criteria.

OK, I think everybody has told the others how much they hate one another, so maybe we can get back to my original questions.

We have someone claim that Sharia (Islamic law) consists of facts and presents a list with 10 items on it.

Looking for the origin there are not many sources possible. I found a Salafi blog with this exact contents http://dcfnfb.blogsp...slamic-law.html, which says: Please look out for more articles on SALAFIMEDIA which explain the need of Shari'ah and its benefits.

That violates rule #14 ;) It is good to cite sources instead of p######ing off the words of others as your own.

That violates rule #14 ;) It is good to cite sources instead of p######ing off the words of others as your own.

Sorry, I don't get what you are saying.

What rule #14?

The source I mention is the source for the original post. Not my words, but for what andalusi pasted to kick off this thread.

Are you answering any of my questions?

Sorry, I don't get what you are saying.

What rule #14?

The source I mention is the source for the original post. Not my words, but for what andalusi pasted to kick off this thread.

Are you answering any of my questions?

Sorry for the confusion. I was also referring to the original post and the fact you later show the link which has the same words, verbatim. Rule #14 is part of the forum rules and states that any information posted in the forum which comes from another source must be cited. I was once warned about this despite not copying someone else's words.

About your questions, I probably will not answer them. I do not believe in the modern version of Islamic Shari'ah although I support the ideal of society being based upon the Revelation of God.

Providing a medical diagnosis and then saying there's no doctor.

How do you know I was providing medical diagnosis?

Is that like saying it's un-Islamic and then saying we don't have all the knowledge? Is this methodology going to end up a pandemic?

There is nothing wrong in saying such as eating pork is un-Islamic but I don't have all the knowledge. And yes, you can keep on moaning and complaining about this. But this will never hide the fact that you tried to intentionally fabricate post of SaracenSoldier.

http://www.gawaher.c...60#entry1260780

About your questions, I probably will not answer them. I do not believe in the modern version of Islamic Shari'ah although I support the ideal of society being based upon the Revelation of God.

This is what I mean: nobody knows what Shariah actually is or what it stands for. Modern or not. We are talking about something which has never been defined and everybody thinks it's something different.

This is what I mean: nobody knows what Shariah actually is or what it stands for. Modern or not. We are talking about something which has never been defined and everybody thinks it's something different.

But as things appear, it would be for a new parliement to decide exactly what the tenets of these new laws and dictates would be. And, as things stand, Shariah as a conceptual, and not recently tried form of society (it seems that more than a government is demanded), there may well be some sort (in fact many sorts) of conflict between peoples of many diferrent persuasions.

Thus it stands in actuality as a hypothetical form of society. In other words an, as yet, unrealised fantasy.

Salaam,

Sky

But as things appear, it would be for a new parliement to decide exactly what the tenets of these new laws and dictates would be. And, as things stand, Shariah as a conceptual, and not recently tried form of society (it seems that more than a government is demanded), there may well be some sort (in fact many sorts) of conflict between peoples of many diferrent persuasions.

Thus it stands in actuality as a hypothetical form of society. In other words an, as yet, unrealised fantasy.

Salaam,

Sky

Exactly! But what "form of society" are we speaking of?

I was manhandled, pushed and shoved by some Muslims a few weeks ago who did not like critical questions. This group was trying to replace German laws with features found in select sentences in the Koran and the Sunnah. Without ever mentioning Shariah at all. They avoided all the misconceptions and only pointed to divine edict without specifying or defining it and only providing some examples.

They have been banned in the meantime.

Perhaps God might be interested in clarifying the Divine Law that people of today should live by? If only that were an option. It is sad to think God promised to never help mankind again to fix what we humans mess up. :no:

[at] StopS

You need to understand the Quran and authentic ahadeeth before trying to establish what is the correct shariah.

What your'e asking is just a chain of questions to try and satisfy yourself but yet have not studied or bothered to learn about Islam- how it was understood by the Prophet and his companions.

A Quran clearly makes it clear (as someone on here already mentioned) that Allah will help those who help HIS cause- that He will give them a good footing etc.. To have this means God wants the followers of Islam to fully adhere to the commandments of His and those of the Messenger- failing in this will bring destruction - no peace or security.

• Like 1

It is quite typical of atheists and agnostics to just ask and ask- it is like saying why is black. black?

I would advise seek knowledge and use logic rather than asking questions your entire life before your time runs out.

• Like 1

Perhaps God might be interested in clarifying the Divine Law that people of today should live by? If only that were an option. It is sad to think God promised to never help mankind again to fix what we humans mess up. :no:

Totally!!!

You need to understand the Quran and authentic ahadeeth before trying to establish what is the correct shariah.

What does "understand" mean? Who decides which hadith are authentic? Are you saying there are different versions of Shariah?

What your'e asking is just a chain of questions to try and satisfy yourself but yet have not studied or bothered to learn about Islam- how it was understood by the Porophet and his companions.

Yes, exactly. Isn't that strange? I ask questions and people tell me to read the Koran. I do.

Then I am told I need to read the tafsir. I read 2 complete and others on demand.

Then I am told I need to talk to an Imam. I do.

Then I am told I need to talk to scholars. I do.

Then I am told I need to go and talk to Muslims who live this worldview every day to understand this. I am here and discuss what questions I have.

Now you come along and tell me I need to start at the beginning?

Are you a psychiatrist or otherwise qualified to provide a character profile? Are you a prophet that you seem to know what I have done and not and what I think? Well, then you fail. Can you tell me how "it" was understood by the prophet and his companions? No. And by the way: if you are not lying in your icon description and you really are a Muslim, it is a good practice amongst Muslims to show respect to the prophet and wish him eternal peace. Unless the "Porophet" is not what I think it is.

A Quran clearly makes it clear (as someone on here already mentioned) that Allah will help those who help HIS cause- that He will give them a good footing etc.. To have this means God wants the followers of Islam to fully adhere to the commandments of His and those of the Messenger- failing in this will bring destruction - no peace or security.

You should try and read a bit more critical. The Koran nowhere says: Muslims, you need to pray 5x a day. If I remember correctly, the Koran only calls Muslims by their name 4 or 5 times; the remainder of times they are addressed as believers or followers.

This does not in any way explain earthly laws or the Shariah. I asked for an explanation and definition of Shariah, not a schooling by someone who as serts and does not ask. I've had enough personal attacks and emotional outbreaks.

If you can define Shariah and provide positive input, thank you, if not, leave it.