Islamic Forum
danieldemol

Does Muslim Jesus Follow Muslim Shariah?

Assalamu Alaikum,

Does the Return of His holiness Jesus (as He is seen by the Muslims in this forum) follow the purely social aspects of the shariah revealed via His holiness Muhammad?

First of all let us examine some relevant Hadith.

"The (command of) Jihad will not be abolished until the descent of Isa1 Ibn Maryam."2

Now let us examine some attributes of Jihad as understood by the members of this forum;

Mullah_Din, Oct 16 2007 04:45 PM wrote

...Jihad should not be confused with Holy War...

...Jihad is not a war to force the faith on others...

...Jihad is never a tool of waging war against the innocents...

...The basic rules of war in Islam are:

... Do not begin the hostilities. Work for peace as much as possible...

... Fight only those who fight, no collective punishment; non-combatants should not be harmed...

In spite of this, when questioned what (in their eyes) Jesus would do to non-Muslims (excluding Christians) who respect Islam enough that they allow Muslims to follow their religion, but will not Join Islam, this answer was given;

When Jesus(as) comes back, every Christian on the planet would follow him and become Muslim. Because Jesus will come back and 'set the record straight' as they say. So for example, Australians will already voluntarily become Muslim since it's population(majority) is Christian.

As for other places where people don't accept him then yes they will be killed..

So it seems fair to say that when His holiness Jesus returns (according to this view), non-Muslims and non-Christians who do not accept Islam but permit Muslims to practise Islam will

a) Be warred with by Jesus until they accept Islam (or otherwise die)

b) Have war waged on them even if they are innocent of hostiliity to Islam

And His holiness Jesus will;

c) Initiate hostilites against the peaceful amongst non-Muslims(excluding Christians)

d) Hand out collective punishment to non-Muslims who do not accept Islam (excluding Christians)

e) Harm non-combatant non-Muslims who do not accept Islam (excluding Christians)

Therefore it seems logical that His holiness Jesus will not follow Jihad according to the shariah revealed via His holiness Muhammad if what Jihad is and what Jesus (allegedly) will do are compared. By logical extension then, Jesus will not follow the purely social aspects of the shariah revealed by His holiness Muhammad.

Interestingly, when Muslims interpret what abolishing Jihad or Jizya means, they say that since when His holiness Jesus comes, there will eventually be no non-Muslims, and thus practising Jihad or collecting Jizya would not be relevent.

But this raises the question, if it is permissible to discontinue collection of Jizya because it is not relevant to the time, then surely non-relevance to the time becomes a valid justification for discontinuation of Jizya?

If "non-relevance to the times" is valid justification, then why can't non-relevance be examined in the light of the difference between the lifetime of His holiness Muhammad (when religions were identified with states), and modern times in pluralistic societies?

Kind regards :)

1 ie His holiness Jesus

2 Musnad Ahmad as quoted by Mufti Mohammad Shafi in ‘Signs of Qiyamah and the Arrival of the Maseeh’, p. 109

Edited by danieldemol

Also, let me add something important. The world at that time will not be like it is now. See, the Dajjal(Anti-Christ) will come before Jesus(as). He will enter every city and town on the planet except Mecca and Madinah. He will claim to be God and will have some powers and miracles given to him by God. And the entire planet, pretty much, will follow him. This is when Jesus(as) will return. So at that time maybe there won't be any atheists, bhuddists, etc. Only God knows but the world will not be like it is today.

Okay, saw that post in the other thread after I made this one, which admittedly makes a part of what I said irrelevant, but this still raises interesting questions too. I'll have a think about them then post them here if I have time.

I am still trying to figure out which verses or Surah's are explained by Hadith and other traditions related to the return of Isa and the coming of the Dajjal. Perhaps the Qur'an might be a guide in this discussion? It is the primary source for Islam.

First of All, there is a misconception, that Muhammad(pbuh) is the founder of Islam, No, rather Mohammad(pbuh) is the last and final prophet of Islam. Muslims believe in all the prophets from the time of Adam to Muhammad(pbuh) and all the messengers preached the same thing; that there is one God, Nor he begets, nor he is begotten, nor to him is an equivalent. The minute differences might change between the community of that time due to the time they were living in.

One example is in Surah Yusuf (Joseph); that nation it was allowed from them to prostate to their king, while the nation of Muhammad(pbuh) are not allowed to prostate to anyone except Allah.

Another Example; the nation of Adam were allowed to marry their own brothers or sisters; which in today's nation is prohibited.

So to say that Jesus(pbuh) followed Muhammad(pbuh) shariah is stupid. He followed his own Shariah, or followed Moses(pbuh), where he says in the bible I didn't come with a new law, but to put into practice the previous law.

Secondly Islam came from two words "peace" & "submission of one's will"; so we can say Islam means Peace acquired by submitting your will to Allah. And a Muslim means a person who submits his will to Allah, therefore Jesus was a Muslim, Moses was a Muslim, Adam was a Muslim.
Edited by WeAreComming

And I won't even go further in explaining your other claims, because all of the are not from an authentic source, what "SaracenSoldier" holds believes could not be Islam, bring an authentic source and we will talk further.

I am still trying to figure out which verses or Surah's are explained by Hadith and other traditions related to the return of Isa and the coming of the Dajjal. Perhaps the Qur'an might be a guide in this discussion? It is the primary source for Islam.

quran

And (Jesus) shall be a Sign (for the coming of) the Hour (of Judgment): Therefore have no doubt about the (Hour), but follow ye Me: this is a Straight Way. Surah 43.61

hadith

Abu Huraira reported that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: By Him in Whose hand is my life, the son of Mary(Jesus) (may peace be upon him) will soon descend among you as a just judge. He will break crosses kill swine and abolish Jizya, and the wealth will pour forth to such an extent that no one will accept it.
(
Sahih Muslim
, Vol. 1, p. 92).

quran

And (Jesus) shall be a Sign (for the coming of) the Hour (of Judgment): Therefore have no doubt about the (Hour), but follow ye Me: this is a Straight Way. Surah 43.61

hadith

Abu Huraira reported that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: By Him in Whose hand is my life, the son of Mary(Jesus) (may peace be upon him) will soon descend among you as a just judge. He will break crosses kill swine and abolish Jizya, and the wealth will pour forth to such an extent that no one will accept it.
(
Sahih Muslim
, Vol. 1, p. 92).

As-salamu 'alaikum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuh

In addition to what brother andalusi said,

Then because of their breaking of their covenant, and their disbelieving in the revelations of Allah, and their slaying of the prophets wrongfully, and their saying: Our hearts are hardened - Nay, but Allah set a seal upon them for their disbelief, so that they believe not save a few -

And because of their disbelief and of their speaking against Mary a tremendous calumny;

And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger - they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain.

But Allah took him up unto Himself. Allah was ever Mighty, Wise.

There is not one of the People of the Scripture but will believe in him before his death, and on the Day of Resurrection he will be a witness against them - (4:155-159)

Jesus' (pbuh) death has not happened yet, as God explains that he was not crucified nor killed - unlike the other Prophets (pbuh) who were killed.

This matter has mass-narrated from the Companions (ra)

http://www.muftisays.com/blog/Seifeddine-M/1271_28-02-2011/ahadeeth-pertaining-to-the-descent-of-sayyidina-isa-(jesus-.-peace-be-upon-him).html

And I won't even go further in explaining your other claims, because all of the are not from an authentic source, what "SaracenSoldier" holds believes could not be Islam, bring an authentic source and we will talk further.

Of course Jesus(as) did not follow the Shariah that Muhammad(saw) was sent with. However, he will follow it once he comes back. What are my other claims that are not from Islam?

Of course Jesus(as) did not follow the Shariah that Muhammad(saw) was sent with. However, he will follow it once he comes back. What are my other claims that are not from Islam?

I wasn't saying about your claims but the author of this, thread claims, I was thinking he took your quotes out of context and was manipulating to fit his agenda that's why I didn't even bother answering. I see you around a lot, and I know you have more knowledge than me about Islam. nothing against you brother. ;)

• Like 1