Islamic Forum
StopS

What Exactly Is Islamophobia ?

Or maybe Allah knew you will change your mind and let you. The fact that you can't find documentable proof puts the lie to your statement. Sorry StopS but you're not making any sense.

Ooops.

That's what I explained. If I can move the other arm because Allah let me, does this mean I have "free will" if Allah let me? No, because he knew.

Im afraid the concept of free will is lost on muslims, but then they do consider themselves slaves of god so they see free will from a different perspective.

I believe the Qur'an says repeatedly that Allah knows what you do. I have not read anything in the Qur'an which says Allah knows what you will do before you do it. In this light, Allah is All-Aware but is not stating your decisions are pre-ordained. The interesting thing is that Allah also promises the actions of men cannot change God's Will. This means that despite the free will of humans and Allah not stating He knows exactly what you will do, He can still do whatever He needs to.

Now there are numerous Hadith which say Allah knows what you will do before you do it, such as the Hadith which says when you are born, you are assigned an angel and the angel will write down your deeds and your fate before you have lived your life. However, this tradition does not accurately explain any of the concepts or verses in the Qur'an and adds to it.

If I am wrong, why else would God test us?

Are you aware that "free will" - or the power to choose - automatically eliminates omniscience?

Hi StopS,

An interesting a-s-sertion which is worthy of exploration, as it is a topic tangential to this thread I have started a new thread to discuss it here http://www.gawaher.c...prove-causation

Feel free to play devil's advocate to my thoughts on the matter :)

An interesting a-s-sertion which is worthy of exploration, as it is a topic tangential to this thread I have started a new thread to discuss it here http://www.gawaher.c...prove-causation

Good idea. Then we can hopefully get back on topic here and maybe someone can help me find a definition for Islamophobia.