Islamic Forum
SaracenSoldier

Serious, Shocking Questions About The Bible

I have a question for our Christian and Jewish members. Have you ever read the bible? I mean by yourself, the whole bible? Not what the Priest or the Rabbi told you but just read the book yourself? Since it is the word of God as you believe right?

Now my point in asking this is because there are some stories in the Bible which are.. questionable.

Did you know that in the Bible Prophet Solomon(as) at the end of his life started worshiping idols and died as a disbeliever? Apparently he also had 700 wives and 300 concubines or something. Did you know the bible accuses Prophet David(as)(yes, David from 'David and Goliath') as committing adultery with the wife of his army general and then plotting to and succeeding in killing his army general? It accuses Prophet Noah(as) as being a drunk and was passed out lying naked in his house. The bible also says that the daughters of Prophet Lot(as) got their father drunk and slept with him so they could preserve their family line.

Now I honestly do not want to offend or hurt anyone. I am just shocked to find out about this. Now let me make something clear. All of the above mentioned stories are in reality FALSE. The Prophets(as) of God were the best human beings. And as the Quran tells us they were the most righteous and pious and not even close to being how the bible describes them.

I got the above information from Joshua Evans, a former Christian youth minister, who actually decided to read the WHOLE bible for himself from cover to cover.

You can watch here: http://www.gawaher.c...ed-me-to-Islam/ (There are more videos on youtube about his story, while all are the same some do have more details than others)

Anyway, so now according to the bible these above prophets of God pretty much broke a lot of the commandments of God. So they order people in the bible to obey God but they themselves break his commandments. I mean, I am pretty shocked and I don't even know why I'm making this thread. I guess I just want to let the Christians and Jews know that this is in your book. This is in the book that you believe is the truth. To me the above stories are false and have been made up by people who are trying to discredit the Prophets of God. After all, if the Prophets behaved like this then one does not have to follow them right?

Anyway I leave it to you. I hope you do look into it with an open mind and and open heart and realize what your bible actually says about these great Men of God who were the most upright and righteous among the whole of mankind. And if you would like to read the real stories of the Prophets, I invite you to read the Quran(just like Joshua Evans did): http://islamicemirat...ran-server.html

Any comments, questions or even clarifications are welcome.

I have a question for our Christian and Jewish members. Have you ever read the bible? I mean by yourself, the whole bible? Not what the Priest or the Rabbi told you but just read the book yourself? Since it is the word of God as you believe right?

Just for our information, have you ever done that? by yourself, the whole bible? Not what the Sheikh or the Ulama told you but just read the book yourself?

Just for our information, have you ever done that? by yourself, the whole bible? Not what the Sheikh or the Ulama told you but just read the book yourself?

No I have not read the bible. I have read the Qur'an however.

In my opinion you should, people can often tell the difference between a person who knows their subject matter and one who doesn't.

These are fair and legitimate questions and the answer is simple. All the prophets from the Old Testament did indeed have a close relationship with God but they were also sinners just like everyone else which is why we needed Jesus Christ our saviour.

God bless,

So you believe that Prophet Solomon(as) worshiped idols and died as a disbeliever? So basically you believe that the Prophets that God sent as role models for mankind, some of them were criminals and hypocrites? Do you really believe that? Honestly, do you think that Solomon(peace be upon him) was sent by God to teach the Children of israel to worship the One God and he did so his entire life but then towards the end he worshiped idols contrary to what he was teaching the people his entire life? You think that is true?

Reading only the Quran makes you no less ignorant than others that do not read the bible but only listen to their priests or rabbis.

God bless,

In my opinion you should, people can often tell the difference between a person who knows their subject matter and one who doesn't.

Wait, hold on a second. Are you saying what I have mentioned above about the Prophets is NOT in the Bible? Also, augustine, I am not basing my above posts based on the Quran but on the Bible itself. So I don't understand what is your posts relevance to this thread.

Wait, hold on a second. Are you saying what I have mentioned above about the Prophets is NOT in the Bible?

Nope, not at all, I am however ######erting that you should have read a book you wish to comment on.

My suggestion to whoever programs this forum, is in the auto censor function, program it to pick up the letter string plus a space after the 's' so valid words don't get demolished for nothing.

Nope, not at all, I am however ######erting that you should have read a book you wish to comment on.

You are correct I suppose. That is the fair thing to do. However, that still does not take away from the fact that these stories about the Prophets being committing sins, crimes and even on one occasion disbelief are in the bible.

Indeed you have provided bible material but you still have not read the bible so on what basis do you have for posting the material if you haven’t even studied them?

God bless,

I based it on the words of a former Christian youth minister and also on what i posted in post. no. 2.

Where in the OT does it say that Solomon died as a disbeliever?

If you want I can try to dig it up myself but Augustine certainly believes it.

Yes of course I believe that, which gives me all the more reason why I believe we need Jesus. No one not even the prophets could have made it to heaven without Him.

God bless,

Anyway, look can we not take this towards me and the fact that I have not read the bible. That will not achieve anything. I have said that i haven't read the bible. However, this does not take anything away from my original post. Even augustine concedes those things are in the Bible. So lets discuss the content and not the one who posted it.

I have read both the Bible and Qur'an cover to cover. I am a convert from Christianity to Islam. I'm hoping to be able to pop in and out of this discussion during my time off work.

Well, the thing that I would like to know is that the bible says these prophets above committed crimes and sins and one even committed disbelief. A person would not even want their children next to men who are drunkards(so much so that they pass out lying naked), who murder people and steal their wives, people who get drunk and sleep with their own daughters. A person would not want their kids even remotely near such men let alone follow their teachings themselves or teach it to their kids. While in the Quran God tells us these men were in fact pious and righteous and did not commit these crimes and sins and were indeed pious men of God who are role models for mankind.

Now, what I would like to know is or if someone were to ask you, what would you say to this :

Why should I trust the Bible over the Qur'an when it comes to the teachings of the Prophets(peace be upon them all)? Because In the bible they become criminals but in the Qur'an these same people are someone my kids could follow and take as role models?

I have read both the Bible and Qur'an cover to cover. I am a convert from Christianity to Islam. I'm hoping to be able to pop in and out of this discussion during my time off work.

More than welcome.

Also, if anyone is interested this is where these stories from the Bible are mentioned. Watch from 10:00 mins onward:

52. Never did We send a Messenger or a Prophet before thee, but, when he framed a desire, Satan threw some (vanity) into his desire: but Allah will cancel anything (vain) that Satan throws in, and Allah will confirm (and establish) His Signs: for Allah is full of knowledge and wisdom:

53. That He may make the suggestions thrown in by Satan, but a trial for those in whose hearts is a disease and who are hardened of heart: verily the wrongdoers are in a schism far (from the Truth):

(The Qur'an (Yusuf Ali tr), Surah 22)

I hope this helps the discussion. I know the historical context but the Qur'an does not use the historical context for a purpose. This applies to all Messengers and Prophets. It doesn't take away from the Message from God. If someone is focused on Solomon having 700 wives, they should focus on less superficial facts and focus more on the spiritual nature of the Revelation. However, without reading the Book, you might not be able to understand it.

Edited by Wesley

The gentleman in the above post says that "the Bible says that Noah was an alcoholic", I'm going to have to ask for a reference for that.

Genesis Chapter 9 Verses, 20-25. Just do a quick google search about the rest of what he mentions. You will find them and reference for it in the bible.

I got from 10:00 till 23:00, at this point he had been dwelling on the Gospel for sometime, so can somebody with the time either pinpoint where in the video this gentleman refers to Solomon or otherwise fill me in, I really see no value in watching 1 hour and 10min worth of non-relevance to find the answer to a question which can be answered in this much space: Book X Chapter XX Verse XX.

Kind regards.

9:20 And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard: 9:21 And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.

9:22 And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without.

9:23 And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness.

9:24 And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.

9:25 And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.

9:26 And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.

(King James Bible, Genesis)

So the Bible clearly states that His holiness Noah did not know the effect this would have, and that when He found out He cursed his own son, and you are ######erting this states that he was an alcoholic (ie a person addicted to wine)?

So the Bible clearly states that His holiness Noah did not know the effect this would have, and that when He found out He cursed his own son, and you are ######erting this states that he was an alcoholic (ie a person addicted to wine)?

Which verse clearly states that Noah did not know the effect this would have?

And where did SaracenSoldier assert that Noah was alcoholic?