Islamic Forum
Padre5

Circumcision Of Boys!

Non-medical circumcision is a "serious and irreversible interference in the integrity of the human body,” the Cologne district court ruled.

This criminalizes religious circumcisions performed by Jews and Muslims, the Financial Times Deutschland newspaper said on Tuesday. It says circumcision should be considered a crime of bodily harm.

Thousands of very young boys are circumcised in Germany each year, mainly for religious reasons.http://www.thelocal.de/society/20120626-43383.html

What do you think?

PropellerAds

Well according to my UK newspaper, the Jews and the Muslims are now united!

They will now all go to another country to get their boys 'fixed'

Salaam,

Sky

Well according to my UK newspaper, the Jews and the Muslims are now united!

They will now all go to another country to get their boys 'fixed'

Salaam,

Sky

Which UK newspaper said They will now all go to another country to get their boys 'fixed' ?

Non-medical circumcision is a "serious and irreversible interference in the integrity of the human body,” the Cologne district court ruled.

This criminalizes religious circumcisions performed by Jews and Muslims, the Financial Times Deutschland newspaper said on Tuesday. It says circumcision should be considered a crime of bodily harm.

Thousands of very young boys are circumcised in Germany each year, mainly for religious reasons.http://www.thelocal.de/society/20120626-43383.html

What do you think?

In Islamic countries, there are not many complaints against this. But I understand why Germany banned this, and probably many other countries will ban in future. They want to have the consent of the individual which is fine IMO. So, I am not totally against the ban but calling it 'a crime of bodily harm' could be a bit too much for devout Muslims. Most of the fathers and mothers I have seen actually do not intend to prolong the pain of their sons. And most of my fellow Muslims I have seen is fine with this.

Holm Putzke, a professor of penology – the study of the punishment of crime – from the University of Passau, told the German news agency DPA that the ruling would set a legal precedent and would act as a warning. "The ruling is not binding for other courts, but it will have the effect of a warning signal." He added while Dr K had been let off, from now on no doctor would be able to claim that he or she did not know it was forbidden.

He said unlike politicians who have long faced pressure to deal with the issue, "the court did not allow itself to be scared off by charges of antisemitism or religious intolerance".

Demir predicted a ban in Germany would lead to a rise in "circumcision tourism in neighbouring countries in Europe".

Condemnation also came from elsewhere in Europe, with Rabbi Aryeh Goldberg of the Brussels-based Rabbinical Centre of Europe calling the ruling "fatal to freedom of religion". He told the Jerusalem daily Haaretz that it "contravened the EU's convention on human rights, to which Germany is subservient and harms the basic freedom of religion enshrined in the German constitution".

http://www.guardian....y-muslim-jewish

The World Health Organization estimates that roughly one third of men in the world are circumcised.

Which UK newspaper said They will now all go to another country to get their boys 'fixed' ?

Please note: that was not a direct quote. That was me being flippant. The article was in the Times by the way.

Salaam.

Sky

Edited by skydiver2

Please note: that was not a direct quote. That was me being flippant. The article was in the Times by the way.

Salaam.

Sky

That's very rude. You have already made some very rude comments against us (even though Muslim did not start talking to you in this manner). And looks like you will not stop making these type of remarks. There is surely an end to this. May be we will have to trigger this.

That's very rude. You have already made some very rude comments against us (even though Muslim did not start talking to you in this manner). And looks like you will not stop making these type of remarks. There is surely an end to this. May be we will have to trigger this.

I'm sorry but I certainly did not intend to be rude. I was under the impression I was being flippant, that's all. I now realise that it is perhaps a more sensitive subject that I'd thought.

But as a person who has been circumcised myself without either medical or religious reasons - so far as I can tell - it is a slightly personal issue for me.

Salaam,

Sky

I'm sorry but I certainly did not intend to be rude. I was under the impression I was being flippant, that's all. I now realise that it is perhaps a more sensitive subject that I'd thought.

But as a person who has been circumcised myself without either medical or religious reasons - so far as I can tell - it is a slightly personal issue for me.

Salaam,

Sky

If it was really a personal issue why would you make comment like this They will now all go to another country to get their boys 'fixed'

This quote in no way shows that it is a slightly personal issue for you. You are rather targeting the large number of Muslims and Jews and mocking them.

If it was really a personal issue why would you make comment like this They will now all go to another country to get their boys 'fixed'

This quote in no way shows that it is a slightly personal issue for you. You are rather targeting the large number of Muslims and Jews and mocking them.

I honestly think you are reading far too much into this. This was simply an off the wall remark from one atheist to another. Or do you think you can read my mind? Perhaps you would also like to dispute the fact that I have been circumcised

If someone has complained or felt offended then again I will apologise. Is that alright?

Salaam,

Sky

I honestly think you are reading far too much into this.

I honestly think you are now seriously getting annoying

This was simply an off the wall remark from one atheist to another

You did not even say something like '@Padre5'. Moreover, this is an Islamic forum. Go to an Atheist forum if you behave like this.

Or do you think you can read my mind?

What you wrote was apparent. They will now all go to another country to get their boys 'fixed'. You targeted the Jewish and Muslim people, and mocked them. It's very clear.

Perhaps you would also like to dispute the fact that I have been circumcised

That post did not even have 'I'. It was all about Muslims and Jews.

If someone has complained or felt offended then again I will apologise. Is that alright?

After giving so many lame excuses, this apology sounds even more petulant. You could have simply said this at the first time. The sort of behaviour is not welcome.