Islamic Forum
dot

Forum Was Down For 15 Hours! Badword Filter Fixed

:sl:

Dear members

Our forum's support tech staff member was trying to fix our badword filter, which wasn't working properly for the last few weeks. He did fix it. But as he was doing so, he forgot one extra "{" character in the code. As a result, the forum went down, giving a parse error. It was down for 15 hours!

During that very long down time, no one took a minute to email me to make me aware of the issue, except one very new member: Danieldemol. Thanks very much Daniel for your kindness.

I'm really sad that no one cared to take a minute out of their time to let me know..

La hawla wala qu'wata ella b'Illah.

• Like 1

PropellerAds

I know I for one am thrilled the forum is back. I was hoping it wasn't anything serious, but I was unsure of how to get in contact with anyone. *blushes* My fault on that.

Thanks sister Nightingale for your kindness. Any member can report such incidents to gawaher.com[at]gmail.com

I could not understand what should I have done. I mean how could have I emailed you. And how did Danieldemol emailed you. When I just logged in, it showed parse error, and I could not understand anything.

Thanks sister Nightingale for your kindness. Any member can report such incidents to gawaher.com[at]gmail.com

Insha'Allah, from next time if anything happens.

And I thought it was something I said. But seriously, I have no idea how Daniel managed to send anything as all my attempts led straight to the error. Thanks for fixing it!

Dear members

Our forum's support tech staff member was trying to fix our badword filter, which wasn't working properly for the last few weeks. He did fix it. But as he was doing so, he forgot one extra "{" character in the code. As a result, the forum went down, giving a parse error. It was down for 15 hours!

During that very long down time, no one took a minute to email me to make me aware of the issue, except one very new member: Danieldemol. Thanks very much Daniel for your kindness.

I'm really sad that no one cared to take a minute out of their time to let me know..

La hawla wala qu'wata ella b'Illah.

How did Daniel reach you? I had tried by using my phone and I made it to the form to email but then the syntax error came back up. It is awesome the issue was fixed. When I participate and have ideas to run across, I devote a lot of attention to this forum. Overall it is a good community and a nice mix of personalities. I will take down the email address you provided for any other emergency admin issues. Thank you much, Dot.

I would like to ask, can you just sum-up fast what you need to know to make a form-like you?

Programming language? etc?

Sorry brother i did not know how to email you and even if I did i just assumed that it was down because of regular maintenance or something and you would already know about it. Next time I'll keep that in mind though inshAllah