Jump to content
Islamic Forum
Saracen21stC

Syria Unrest: 'massacre Leaves 200 Dead' In Tremseh

Recommended Posts

Syria unrest: 'Massacre leaves 200 dead' in Tremseh

 

 

_61564387_jex_1465307_de27-1.jpg

Unverified footage said to show residents of Tremseh fleeing the artillery bombardment Continue reading the main story


Syria conflict

 


Some 200 people have been killed in an attack on the Syrian village of Tremseh, opposition activists say.

If confirmed, it would be the bloodiest single event in the Syrian conflict.

Residents said the village, in Hama province, was attacked with helicopter gunships and tanks, and later by the pro-government Shabiha militia, who carried out execution-style killings.

State media blamed "terrorist groups" who were trying to raise tension ahead of a key UN Security Council meeting.

The mandate for the UN's observer mission to Syria expires on 20 July.

UN observers are now trying to get to Tremseh to investigate the killings.

UN and Arab League special envoy for Syria Kofi Annan said he was "shocked and appalled" by the news from Tremseh, adding that it was "desperately urgent that this violence and brutality stops".

Some 16,000 people are thought to have been killed since the uprising against Bashar al-Assad's regime began in March 2011.

Individual reports of casualties often cannot be independently verified, as Syria severely restricts journalists' freedom of movement.

High-level defection

Reports suggest the army was trying to take back Tremseh after it had fallen into rebel hands.

The BBC's Jim Muir in Beirut says both sides agreed many people were killed in Tremseh, but have totally different versions of what happened.Continue reading the main story


Syria's massacres 2012

  • 3 Feb: At least 55 killed in Homs in month-long bombardment by military
  • 3 Apr: Military attack on Taftanaz in Idlib. Mass graves said to hold 57 people
  • 25 May: Some 108 killed in Taldou, in Houla region, many of them women and children
  • 6 Jun: At least 79 people, many of them women and children, killed in village in Hama province


Activists say government forces surrounded the village on Thursday morning and heavily bombarded it for several hours, killing many people.

Pro-government militias from nearby Alawite villages then moved in, they said, killing many more villagers and setting fire to houses. Others who tried to flee through fields were also gunned down, the activists said.

One activist, named Ahmed, told Reuters: "So far, we have 20 victims recorded with names and 60 bodies at a Masjid. There are more bodies in the fields, bodies in the rivers and in houses... People were trying to flee from the time the shelling started and whole families were killed trying to escape."

Activists have posted a video they say shows the bodies of a number of men and boys killed in Tremseh.

Our correspondent says UN observers are talking to both sides in the conflict so that they can move from their base in Hama to Tremseh to investigate the killings.

The head of the UN Supervision Mission in Syria (Unsmis), Maj Gen Robert Mood, said: "Unsmis stands ready to go in and seek verification of facts if and when there is a credible ceasefire."

Protests condemning the attack have been reported in Damascus, Idlib and Hama.

State media said gunmen from what they termed armed terrorist groups had attacked the village in the morning, shooting dead dozens of people.


_61548243_syria_tremseh_hama_0712.gif

 


The Sana news agency said on Friday: "The bloodthirsty media in collaboration with gangs of armed terrorists massacred residents of Tremseh village... to sway public opinion against Syria and its people and provoke international intervention on the eve of a UN Security Council meeting."

Western nations are pressing the UN to threaten Syria with sanctions as it considers renewing the mandate for its observer mission in Syria.

They want a 10-day ultimatum to be part of a Security Council resolution on the future of the mission. A new resolution must be passed before the mission's mandate ends next Friday.

China and Russia continue to oppose any moves to threaten Damascus with further sanctions ahead of the deadline.

The mission had a 90-day remit to monitor a truce, but fighting has continued largely unabated.

The truce formed part of a six-point peace plan brokered by Mr Annan, who has called for "clear consequences" for the Syrian government and rebels if the ceasefire is not observed.

Mr Annan is to travel to Moscow early next week for talks on the Syria crisis, Russian media say.

Meanwhile, the Wall Street Journal on Thursday quoted intelligence reports as suggesting that Syria was moving its chemical weapons, amid fears the government could use them against rebels or civilians.

US state department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said the international community would hold accountable any Syrian officials who failed to safeguard the stockpiles.

BBC diplomatic correspondent Jonathan Marcus says the Syrian transfer could be an attempt at safe storage or may mark an even more deadly phase in the conflict.

 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PropellerAds

Like father like son .Assad the murderer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SubhanAllah. Also keep in mind that HezbulShaytan have been supporting Assad and Iran has been sending its minions to Syria to kill the Muslims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iran is well versed in oppressing and killing it's own citizens .And it is no secret that Iran has its proxies in Syria and Lebanon , which Assad has facilitated quite willingly . Therefore Iran's involvement in Assad's suppression and murder of his own people , should come as no surprise .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Similar Content

    • By mgharaibeh
      Dibsi 'Afnan has been labeled as a historic site by UN.  There is no Islamic State there, no Alqaeda, just civilains and yet American airplanes pounded the area with bombs.
       
      <iframe src="http://www.risala2share.com/plugins/mediaplayer/site/_embed.php?u=t6&w=640&h=320" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="width: 640px; height: 416px; overflow: hidden;" webkitAllowFullScreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>
       
    • By mgharaibeh
      Islamic State has a new speaker and he has message to the world.
       
      [
       
      Listen to it right here:
       
      <iframe src="http://www.risala2share.com/plugins/mediaplayer/site/_embed.php?u=J1&w=640&h=320" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="width: 640px; height: 416px; overflow: hidden;" webkitAllowFullScreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>
    • By mgharaibeh
      It is indeed that Mosul is bleeding and surrounded by Shia militias from Iraq, Iran and  Afghanistan.
      Everyone blamed the killing on Islamic State only as they think Shia militias are god sent angels to protect the people of Mosul who are Sunnis.  
       

       
       
    • By binm234
       
       

      Aleppo – Amaq Agency: A source stated to Amaq that an American soldier died yesterday along with six YPG fighters in a commando attack carried out by four Islamic State fighters on the village of Zahr Imarah north of the city of Manbij, which the YPG recently took control of, in Aleppo’s eastern countryside.

      This came after the four fighters stealthily advanced to the village at night and surprised the YPG fighters in the village at dawn yesterday. Fierce clashes broke out in which the commandos used light weapons and hand grenades, and ended with the commandos returning safely back to their locations.

      Meanwhile, another group of commandos comprised of five fighters carried out an attack on the Faruq Dam residences in Aleppo’s eastern countryside which are deemed to be a heavily fortified American barracks and operations room for the battles around Manbij. Confrontations took place that lasted from dawn yesterday until the afternoon of the same day. Explosions were heard in the area and U.S. aircraft intervened and conducted several airstrikes. Amaq has not yet received information on the extent of the losses suffered.

      The area of the Faruq Dam residences witnessed a similar attack on the 10th of August that was carried out by seven commandos and resulted in the killing and wounding of forty-one YPG fighters and American soldiers.
       
       
       
       
       

       
    • By mgharaibeh
      More than 70 Shia died today after Islamic state bombing inside the heart of Sadr City
       
       

×