#1 AHMAD_73

AHMAD_73

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,424 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

Alslam-o Alykom,

how many times did "MISR, Egypt" mentioned by name in the holy Quran? plz, mention the verses

#2 AhmedTi

AhmedTi

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:40 PM

Egypt has been indicated 5 times in the Koran as follow:
سورة البقره

﴿وَإِذْ قُلْتُمْ يَا مُوسَى لَنْ نَصْبِرَ عَلَى طَعَامٍ وَاحِدٍ فَادْعُ لَنَا رَبَّكَ يُخْرِجْ لَنَا مِمَّا تُنْبِتُ الْأَرْضُ مِنْ بَقْلِهَا وَقِثَّائِهَا وَفُومِهَا وَعَدَسِهَا وَبَصَلِهَا قَالَ أَتَسْتَبْدِلُونَ الَّذِي هُوَ أَدْنَى بِالَّذِي هُوَ خَيْرٌ اهْبِطُوا مِصْرًا فَإِنَّ لَكُمْ مَا سَأَلْتُمْ وَضُرِبَتْ عَلَيْهِمُ الذِّلَّةُ وَالْمَسْكَنَةُ وَبَاءُوا بِغَضَبٍ مِنَ اللَّهِ ذَلِكَ بِأَنَّهُمْ كَانُوا يَكْفُرُونَ بِآَيَاتِ اللَّهِ وَيَقْتُلُونَ النَّبِيِّينَ بِغَيْرِ الْحَقِّ ذَلِكَ بِمَا عَصَوْا وَكَانُوا يَعْتَدُونَ﴾ [البقرة:61[

(61. And (remember) when you said, "O Musa ! We cannot endure one kind of food. So invoke your Lord for us to bring forth for us of what the earth grows, its herbs, its cucumber its Fum, its lentils and its onions.'' He said, "Would you exchange that which is better for that which is lower Go you down to any town and you shall find what you want!'')

سورة يونس

﴿وَأَوْحَيْنَآ إِلَى مُوسَى وَأَخِيهِ أَن تَبَوَّءَا لِقَوْمِكُمَا بِمِصْرَ بُيُوتًا وَاجْعَلُواْ بُيُوتَكُمْ قِبْلَةً وَأَقِيمُواْ الصَّلَوةَ وَبَشِّرِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ ﴾

(87. And We revealed to Musa and his brother (saying): "Provide dwellings for your people in Egypt, and make your dwellings as places for your worship, and perform the Salah, and give glad tidings to the believers.'')

سورة يوسف

﴿وَقَالَ الَّذِى اشْتَرَاهُ مِن مِّصْرَ لاِمْرَأَتِهِ أَكْرِمِى مَثْوَاهُ عَسَى أَن يَنفَعَنَآ أَوْ نَتَّخِذَهُ وَلَدًا وَكَذلِكَ مَكَّنَّا لِيُوسُفَ فِى الاٌّرْضِ وَلِنُعَلِّمَهُ مِن تَأْوِيلِ الاٌّحَادِيثِ وَاللَّهُ غَالِبٌ عَلَى أَمْرِهِ وَلَـكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لاَ يَعْلَمُونَ ﴾

(21. And he (the man) from Egypt who bought him, said to his wife: "Make his stay comfortable, maybe he will profit us or we shall adopt him as a son.'' Thus did We establish Yusuf in the land, that We might teach him the interpretation of events. And Allah has full power and control over His affairs, but most of men know not.)

﴿فَلَمَّا دَخَلُواْ عَلَى يُوسُفَ ءَاوَى إِلَيْهِ أَبَوَيْهِ وَقَالَ ادْخُلُواْ مِصْرَ إِن شَآءَ اللَّهُ ءَامِنِينَ ﴾

(99. Then, when they came in before Yusuf, he took his parents to himself and said: "Enter Egypt, if Allah wills, in security.'')

سورة الزخرف

﴿وَنَادَى فِرْعَوْنُ فِى قَوْمِهِ قَالَ يقَوْمِ أَلَيْسَ لِى مُلْكُ مِصْرَ وَهَـذِهِ الاٌّنْهَـرُ تَجْرِى مِن تَحْتِى أَفَلاَ تُبْصِرُونَ ﴾

(51. And Fir`awn proclaimed among his people (saying): "O my people! Is not mine the dominion of Egypt, and these rivers flowing underneath me. See you not then'')

#3 Saracen21stC

Saracen21stC

• IF Moderator
  • 3,259 posts
  • Interests:Studying Islam (and other religions), Learning different languages and cultures, reading (e)books (preferably religious and history books).

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:52 PM

It (Egypt, Misr) has been mentioned by name 4 times in the Holy Qur'an.

The verse numbers are:

Spoiler

#4 AHMAD_73

AHMAD_73

Advanced Member

• IF Guardian
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:59 PM

alsalamo alykom,
i believe both answers are right, 4 times for sure and 1 uncertain. the first verse brother AhmedTi mentioned (2:61) indicates a general "Misr, from Al-Amsaar" which means "a town" or "a country"....could be Egypt while mostly prophet Mosa means Palestine.

#5 october

october

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Religion: Believer without religion

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:47 PM

I sincerly hope that this country does not come under brutal Islamic law, theres already been atrocities commited.

The people want and need free will and democracy, your brothers are doing all they can to take this away from them.

#6 dot

dot

[email protected]

• Administration
  • 17,209 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

theres already been atrocities commited

True, but its the army generals and brutal police forces who are slaughtering Muslims there in the streets right now. The MB was a total failure in politics when they held power for a year, but they did not commit any atrocities at the time. Islamic law if against brutality. Dictators are.

#7 Amira_Aimal

Amira_Aimal

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:45 PM

My Country People I miss U alot