duaa supplication salah prayer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dot

dot
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

:sl:

Duaa/supplication during prayers are not obligatory, they are not part of your salah itself. But our beloved prophet Muhammad :s: used to offer duaa at specific points during salah/prayer. You are standing before Allah during prayer, so its the best time to say your duaa. The best duaa is that which the prophet :s: used to say, although you can say whatever you wish in your own words. You can say duaa in your own language.. actually it is better to say them in your own language so that they come out from your heart.
If you want to say the best duaa, here is what prophet Muhammed :s: used to say, and the points in prayer where he used to say them:

1 –After the opening takbeer of the prayer and before starting to recite al-Faatihah.
This is called Du’aa’ al-Istiftaah (opening supplication):

اللهم باعد بينى وبين خطايايا كما باعدت بين المشرق والمغرب

اللهم نقنى من خطايايا كما ينقى الثوب الأبيض من الدنس

اللهم إغسلنى من خطايايا بالثلج والماء والبرد

Allaahumma baa’id bayni wa bayna khataayaaya kama baa’adta bayna al-mashriqi wa’l-maghrib. Allaahumma naqqini min khataayaaya kama yunaqqa al-thawb al-abyad min al-danas. Allaahumma ighsilni min khataayaaya bi’l-thalji wa’l-maa’i wa’l-barad.

Translation: O Allaah, put a great distance between me and my sins, as great as the distance You have made between the East and the West. O Allaah, cleanse me of sin as a white garment is cleansed from filth. O Allaah, wash away my sins with snow and water and hail.

2 – Du’aa’ al-Qunoot
(Qunoot, according to the definition of the fuqaha’, “is the name of a du’aa’ (supplication) offered during prayer at a specific point while standing.” It is prescribed in Witr prayer after the rukoo’ (bowing), according to the more correct of the two scholarly opinions.
If a calamity (naazilah) befalls the Muslims, it is prescribed to say Du’aa’ al- Qunoot after standing up from rukoo’ in the last rak’ah of each of the five daily obligatory prayers, until Allaah relieves the Muslims of that calamity.)

A - in Witr

(Witr prayer is performed at night after isha'a (night-time prayer) or before fajr (dawn prayer). According to the Hanafi Fiqh witr prayer is wajib. The status of wajib is very close to that of fard. There are a few distinguishing factors of the witr prayer that sets it apart from the fard (mandatory) and sunnah (recommended) prayers. Witr has an odd number of rakat prayed in pairs, with the final raka'ah prayed separately. Therefore, as little as one rakat can be prayed, and eleven at most.)

اللهم إهدنى فيمنهديت

وعافنى فيمن عافيت

وتولنى فيمن توليت

وبارك لى فيما أعطيت

وقنى شر ما قضيت

فإنك تقضى ولا يقضى عليك

وإنه لا يذل من واليت ولا يعز من عاديت

تباركت ربنا وتعاليت

Allaahumma ihdini feeman hadayta wa ‘aafini feeman ‘aafayta wa tawallani feeman tawallayta wa baarik li feema a’tayta, wa qini sharra ma qadayta , fa innaka taqdi wa la yuqda ‘alayk, wa innahu laa yadhillu man waalayta wa laa ya’izzu man ‘aadayta, tabaarakta Rabbana wa ta’aalayt

(O Allaah, guide me among those whom You have guided, pardon me among those whom You have pardoned, turn to me in friendship among those on whom You have turned in friendship, and bless me in what You have bestowed, and save me from the evil of what You have decreed. For verily You decree and none can influence You; and he is not humiliated whom You have befriended, nor is he honoured who is Your enemy. Blessed are You, O Lord, and Exalted).

B – Du’aa’ when standing up from bowing, at times of calamity.

This is called Qunoot al-Nawaazil. This may be recited in all the obligatory prayers depending on the situation, and the worshippers behind the imam should say Ameen. The imam starts with the same wordings as the duaa in witr above (in plural, using "us" instead of "me" of course), plus wordings appropriate to the situation.

4 – Whilst bowing.

سبحانك اللهم ربنا وبحمدك

اللهم إغفر لى

Subhaanak Allaahumma Rabbanaa wa bi hamdika Allaahumma ighfir li

(Glory and praise be to You, O Allaah our Lord. O Allaah, forgive me).

5 – During prostration.
This is the best of du’aa’, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The closest that any one of you may be to his Lord is when he is prostrating, so say a lot of du’aa’ at that time.” Narrated by Muslim, 482, from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah.

اللهم لك سجدت وبك آمنت ولك أسلمت

سجد وجهى للذى خلقه وصوره

وشق سمعه وبصره

فتبارك الله احسن الخالقين

Allahumma laka sajatu wa bika aamantu wa laka aslamt

Sajad wajhi lel'ladhi khalaqahu wa sa'warru

wa shaq'qa sam'ahu ,wa basaru

fatabarak'Allahu ahsana'l khaleeqeen

(O Allaah! For you I have prostrated; in You I have believed; to You I have submitted; [You are my Lord;] my face has prostrated for the One Who created it and shaped it , [shaped it excellently,] then brought forth its hearing and vision: [so] blessed be Allaah, the Best to Create!)

6 – Between the two prostrations.

اللهم إغفر لى وارحمنى واجبرنى واهدنى وارزقنى

Allaahumma ighfir li warhamni wajburni wahdini warzuqni

(O Allaah, forgive me, have mercy on me, enrich me, guide me and grant me provision).

7 – After the tashahhud and before the salaam:

اللهم إنى أعوذ بك من عذاب جهنم ومن عذاب القبر ومن فتنة المحيا والممات ومن شر فتنة المسيح الدجال

Allaahumma inni a’oodhu bika min ‘adhaabi jahannam wa min ‘adhaab il-qabri wa min fitnat il-mahyaa wa’l-mamaat wa min sharri fitnat il-maseeh il-dajjaal

(O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from the torment of Hell and from the torment of the grave and from the trials of life and death and from the evil of the trial of the Dajjaal).

Then after that he may pray for whatever he likes of the good things of this world and the Hereafter, because of the hadeeth of Ibn Mas’ood: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught them the tashahhud then he said at the end: “Let him ask for whatever good things he wishes.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5876; Muslim, 402.

And Allaah knows best.

Source and more details:
http://islamqa.info/en/ref/7886
http://islamqa.info/en/ref/20031
http://www.religious...rostration.html

#2 dot

dot

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

reserved.

#3 AhmedTi

AhmedTi

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:26 PM

Since you are talking about Do3a in this thread, I’ll take this opportunity and ask for a favor. My mother passed away three months from know and this her first Ramadan in grave her name is Antar Houria, she was a good woman reading koran after salat Fajr in a daily basis, so please include her in your and ask Do3a for her, may Allah forgive her sins and accept her deeds and enter her to Paradise. Amen

#4 Saracen21stC

Saracen21stC

• IF Moderator
  • 3,259 posts
  • Interests:Studying Islam (and other religions), Learning different languages and cultures, reading (e)books (preferably religious and history books).

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:29 PM

^ Ameen Bro, AhmedTi

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: duaa, supplication, salah, prayer