Islamic Forum
Amarie0417

Recent Convert :)

Hi, everybody :)

My name is Amy and I am a recent convert to Islam. I found Islam through much trials and tribulations, much questioning of faiths, and I truly feel I have found I am where I am meant to be. I grew up Christian (family and everybody I knew were Christians) but when I got to college something just didn't feel right. Through several years of denouncing religion all together, I found through deep soul searching that the answer was always right in front of me, God was always there.

I would be forever grateful for some company, wether it be through private messages or emails, especially Sisters who can help guide me on the right direction. Since I am new, I really do not know much and would really love to talk to somebody.

I hope everybody is doing well and I can not wait to hear from you!

Amy

• Like 2

PropellerAds

:sl:

welcom.gif to Gawaher I'm glad you decided to join us. I hope that you find your stay here at IF beneficial, as well as enjoyable, and inshaAllah we benefit from each other.As we advise all new comers, please take a moment to read our Forum Rules. This will greatly enhance your understanding of this community, and ensures a smooth relation with everyone around here.

And now here is your welcome drink, on the house!

So sit back, and let me pour you a glass of freshly squeezed fruit juice!

post-1-1102388849.jpg

Hi, everybody :)

My name is Amy and I am a recent convert to Islam. I found Islam through much trials and tribulations, much questioning of faiths, and I truly feel I have found I am where I am meant to be. I grew up Christian (family and everybody I knew were Christians) but when I got to college something just didn't feel right. Through several years of denouncing religion all together, I found through deep soul searching that the answer was always right in front of me, God was always there.

I would be forever grateful for some company, wether it be through private messages or emails, especially Sisters who can help guide me on the right direction. Since I am new, I really do not know much and would really love to talk to somebody.

I hope everybody is doing well and I can not wait to hear from you!

Amy

As-Salāmu `Alaykum, sister.

Congratulations. I also can not wait to see your questions about Islam. Here is a section for that:

http://www.gawaher.c...new-muslims-qa/

There are some sisters who come here regularly. They can help you InshaAllah(God Willing). And as you are a new member, you can post maximum 3 posts per day. Once you make 7 posts, many restrictions will be lifted.

Asalaamu Alaykum,

Welcome to the forum sister, feel free to ask any question that you want and to join in any of the conversations. We all look forward to helping you in your journey into Islam, May Allah make it easy for you.

take care,

• Like 1

assalamo alykom wa rahmat Allah, sister

alhamd-o llelah, and congratulations, sister, you found the god's truth although all the difficulties,

may Allah complete his favors upon you, keep you on the right path and provide you with the happiness and contentment in this life and the eternal life as well.

we hope we can help answering your queries, inssha'a Allah

• Like 1

Assalamo alaikum wa rahmat'Ullahi wa barakatu (may the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

Congratulations on embracing Islam. You've made the best choice anyone can make in a lifetime, and you now have 2 billion brothers and sisters around the world.

All of us here are more than happy to help you with any questions that you may have, regarding the beautiful religion of Islam. Please ask all you want in the new Muslims Q&A section. You would probably find many of your questions pre-answered there already.

I also suggest that you browse this Quick How-to Guide For New Muslims , it has many video tutorials that would help you as a new Muslim.

May Allah Al-Mighty keep you always in the true path, make it easy for you and may He reward you with His blessings and happiness in both worlds, ameen.

as salaam alaykum

great news to have a new sister in Islam. I myself used to be a Christian but chose Islam over 2 years ago so I understand the transition can be at times challenging so if you need any advice you can contact me. Also we have a sister here called Nightingale who also recently converted from Christianity to Islam. Like us two you have really made the best decision in your life. May Allah keep you strong.

Also if you wish to share your story of how you found Islam you can post it in the following section -http://www.gawaher.com/forum/78-ive-just-reverted-converted-to-Islam/ - We love to hear the stories of how people found Islam!

• Like 2

salaam alaiykum,

Welcome to Islam. Remember, though, take things slow. Do not overwhelm yourself. It is best to take small doses at first. And above all make sure that your iman is strong.

• Like 1

Assalam alaykum,

As a fellow recent revert who came from a Christian background, I'm happy you have found the truth of Islam. Insha'Allah you will be able to continue to grow and learn each and every day and also that we can offer help and guidance. I look forward to getting to know you as a fellow sister and may Allah grant you guidance on this path. :)

• Like 2

Wow, I am just so very overwhelmed and happy by all of your responses :) I have never felt more welcomed in my entire life! Seriously everyone, you have no idea how much your kind words have affected me. I promise that when I unlock the private message function on this site I will be asking for more personal advice that one can not ask on a thread. God has truly brought me to some wonderful people and I will forever be thankful for your kind words. I hope this message finds you all doing well and I can not wait to learn more about you all!

Peace be upon you all,

Amy

• Like 6

Assalamu Alaikum! Welcome to the forums sister :) I'm a convert from a Christian background as well.