Islamic Forum
atheism101

No Devil In Ramadan...

Why is there a need for a supernatural explanation for human evil (i.e. the devil)? Without the devil, would evil still exist? Why is there still evil in Ramadan, perhaps even more than usual, even though the devil is locked up during this month? I understand the common response is that people just get used to evil (or something similar). But how do you explain, for instance, a murder any time of the year vs a murder during Ramadan? If your second explanation does not require a supernatural explanation, does this not render the devil hypothesis superfluous?

There are 2 forces that drive us to do evil. One of them, the shaitan, is locked in ramadan. But the other is inside ourselves. the soul is a persistent enjoiner of evil. The second is free at all times, and urges us to fulfill our desires and lust all the time, so we must train ourselves to put it under control, with the help of Quran and sunnah. The more we are closer to our Creator, the less influence it would have on us.

Allah :sw: mentioned in the Quran that The wife of al-'Azeez said:

"And I do not acquit myself. Indeed, the soul is a persistent enjoiner of evil, except those upon which my Lord has mercy. Indeed, my Lord is Forgiving and Merciful." (12:53)

As I was putting together my reply, I stumbled upon a fascinating study about the soul. I recommend that everyone reads it here:

http://www.gawaher.com/topic/739279-the-journey-of-the-soul/

• Like 2

There are 2 forces that drive us to do evil. One of them, the shaitan, is locked in ramadan. But the other is inside ourselves. the soul is a persistent enjoiner of evil. The second is free at all times, and urges us to fulfill our desires and lust all the time, so we must train ourselves to put it under control, with the help of Quran and sunnah. The more we are closer to our Creator, the less influence it would have on us.

Allah :sw: mentioned in the Quran that The wife of al-'Azeez said:

As I was putting together my reply, I stumbled upon a fascinating study about the soul. I recommend that everyone reads it here:

http://www.gawaher.c...ey-of-the-soul/

I am curious as to what the role of the devil is, if clearly, the second mechanism seems to work equally well if not better in causing evil.

Satan asked God permission to remain alive untile the Day of Judgement in order to seduce men and God gave granted his wish.

Satan asked God permission to remain alive untile the Day of Judgement in order to seduce men and God gave granted his wish.

Why would an omnibenevolent God do that?