Islamic Forum
Padre5

Muslim Intolerance

I just read on Al Jazeera about another suicide bombing in Iraq, this one against Shabak people, who are an ethnic and religious minority group living in northern Iraq. Their religion is very peaceful and strives to accept and relate to everybody. Why does this kind of violence still permeate the Islamic world? And please don't just say they are wrong.... where do these hateful beliefs come from?

Edited by Padre5

PropellerAds

Take a look at the Amish and then look at the avg southern baptist. Both are Christian but as the world has changed so have the people and many have failed to take note and adhere to what the teachings originally were. I could be way off hinge here but I believe it is a similar case in Islam where the notion and beauty of Islam has become lost to the majority of the people as they were brought up in it and it is easy to take for granted that which is already there and you have always known.

Perhaps another way to put it would be here in the states you have individuals who claim Christianity and wear the decor but yet they seldom frequent church, many of them drink excessively, some do drugs, most do not know the Bible, and there are even those that claim Christianity while playing around with witch craft even though it is forbidden in Christianity. In the Middle East, a primarily Islamic practicing region, they likely have become so numb to Islam that many might claim it but the real question is how many practice it outside of just making their salat and adhering to Ramadan?

Yet another foolish thread by padre5. How do you know Muslims did it? Can you prove Muslims did it? According to aljazeera a Masjid was attacked. How is that Muslim intolerance when a Masjid was attacked? Maybe it was some christian terrorists who did it?

And how do you know these people were peaceful? Maybe they attacked someone else so got attackcked? Ofcourse this is horrible and should not happen but how can you say they are peaceful when you are not even in Iraq nor do you know the history of the war in Iraq.

You need to present cases from all sides. If it was intolerance from Muslims then there would he no minority living in the Muslim world. If the Islamic khulafah wanted they could have wiped out these minorities centuries ago but for over a thousand years Muslims tolerated them so this has nothing to do with Muslim intolerance.

Edited: corrected some misinformation.

The Masjid in southeast Missouri was burned to the ground early Monday in the second arson attack on the Muslim worship place in a month.

The Masjid's roof was previously destroyed in a similar arson attack on July 4.

No injuries were reported in Monday's attack, but the building of the Islamic Society of Joplin was a total loss after the blaze.

Immediate investigations were launched by the FBI, the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms and the Jasper County Sheriff's department.

http://islamonline.com/news/articles/2/Missouri-Churches-Host-Iftar-for-Muslims.html

After years of attacks, threats and court action, an Islamic center in Tennessee cleared one last hurdle that allowed it to open its doors on Friday to worshipers, allowing them to honor the occasion with prayers on what is Islam’s main congregational day of the week.

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/10/after-attacks-and-threats-tennessee-mosque-opens/?partner=rss&emc=rss

(Reuters) - American Muslims face a rising tide of religious discrimination in U.S. communities, workplaces and schools nearly a decade after the September 11 attacks, a congressional committee heard on Tuesday.

Evidence of growing anti-Muslim bigotry, aired at a Senate Judiciary subcommittee hearing, poses a challenge for President Barack Obama as his administration works to foster good relations with American Muslims and secure their help against the threat of home-grown terrorism.

But the challenge is compounded by remarks by public officials and others in prominent positions that have inflamed public debate and threaten to facilitate discrimination, according to witness testimony.

"We continue to solicit and receive the support of many Muslim Americans who love this nation and work with our government to protect it," said Democratic Senator ###### Durbin, who chaired the proceedings.

"At the same time, many law-abiding Muslim Americans face discrimination and charges that they're not real Americans simply because of their religion."

http://islamonline.com/news/articles/2/Missouri-Churches-Host-Iftar-for-Muslims.html

Talk about being foolish! SaracenSoldier believes there may be Christian terrorists in Iraq! Proof??? Even a hint of Proof? Here is the whole article from AL Jareeza:

"A suicide bomber driving a lorry has attacked a Shia Muslim Masjid in northern Iraq, killing at least two people, police and health officials said.

Friday's attack injured more than 50 and came at the end of Friday of prayers at the Masjid belonging to the Shabak minority in Mosul, 390km north of the capital, Baghdad.

"A suicide car bomber targeted a Shabak Masjid in Mwafaqiya village," Hanin Qaddo, a local Shabak leader, said.

"Part of the Masjid building collapsed over the heads of the worshippers as they were leaving."

A wave of attacks on mainly Shia pilgrims and religious sites in recent months has increased worries about sectarian

violence as Iraq's Shia, Sunni and Kurdish leaders struggle to end a crisis over their fragile power-sharing agreement.

There has been at least one major bombing per month since December.

July was the bloodiest month in two years, including one day of attacks that left more than 100 dead.

Elsewhere in the country, two attacks left seven Iraqi security members and fighters dead on Friday, according to officials.

The first attack in the town of Dujail, took place when armed men opened fire on a group of so-called Sahwa [Awakening] fighters manning a checkpoint.

Hours later, a roadside bomb exploded on a police patrol in Muqdadiyah, 90km north of Baghdad.

Three policemen were killed and two were wounded in that blast, the officials said.

The Sahwa are Sunni Arabs who joined forces with the US military to fight al-Qaeda's Iraq branch at the height of the country's conflict."

This is all sectarian violence that has typified the Muslim world for centuries. Why is it "foolish" to ask Muslims here why they think it continues?

Where does it say that a Muslim was behind any of those attacks?

Christian terrorists? Well, there were about tens of thousands of them in Iraq just until a year or so ago. They still have many terrorists left in Iraq. They are based in Baghdad's green zone I believe. In the American Embassy.

• Like 1

What is this post relating to: Islamic Forum → Reception Lounge → How to use this forum ?

• Like 2

Where does it say that a Muslim was behind any of those attacks?

Christian terrorists? Well, there were about tens of thousands of them in Iraq just until a year or so ago. They still have many terrorists left in Iraq. They are based in Baghdad's green zone I believe. In the American Embassy.

salaam alaiykum,

I hope you realize that many of those in the American military are non-religious or Christian only in name but not practice.

salaam alaiykum,

I hope you realize that many of those in the American military are non-religious or Christian only in name but not practice.

Walaikumsalam yes I do realize that brother but a crusader is still a crusader.

Take a look at the Amish and then look at the avg southern baptist. Both are Christian but as the world has changed so have the people and many have failed to take note and adhere to what the teachings originally were. I could be way off hinge here but I believe it is a similar case in Islam where the notion and beauty of Islam has become lost to the majority of the people as they were brought up in it and it is easy to take for granted that which is already there and you have always known.

Perhaps another way to put it would be here in the states you have individuals who claim Christianity and wear the decor but yet they seldom frequent church, many of them drink excessively, some do drugs, most do not know the Bible, and there are even those that claim Christianity while playing around with witch craft even though it is forbidden in Christianity. In the Middle East, a primarily Islamic practicing region, they likely have become so numb to Islam that many might claim it but the real question is how many practice it outside of just making their salat and adhering to Ramadan?

Do you sing together? Atheist with a Christian talk about Islam?!!

Happyforever, please pay attetion of what you are saying, brother abdullahfath statements was fair enough and you have to bear in you mind that Muslims are not immune to criticise; otherwise, we will not solve our problems.

Brother abdullahfath is a Muslim. And no need to be so angry. Not all Christians are bad.

• Like 2

salaam alaiykum

I think you are missing the point. It is called an analogy. He was talking about attacks that happened which are possibly at the hands of Muslims. I was showing him how there are bad people who twist around the religion in other religions as well. If you want to reach the western world you must be able to understand the mentality. If you go to talking about the KKK and Christian extremists. Or in the quote that you used we must show them using Christianity as it is in the west

salaam alaiykum

I think you are missing the point. It is called an analogy. He was talking about attacks that happened which are possibly at the hands of Muslims. I was showing him how there are bad people who twist around the religion in other religions as well. If you want to reach the western world you must be able to understand the mentality. If you go to talking about the KKK and Christian extremists. Or in the quote that you used we must show them using Christianity as it is in the west

No bro, this man is accusing Muslim, not stating a fact. Muslims don't kill Mulsims. Muslims don't kill Christians so enough accusations. We live in a big trick and not every word uttered by someone is true. Not the right reply is to confirm his saying and say it is normal as Christians do the same. How to assure something you didn't witness?

The same happens here in Egypt, 20 soldiers were killed while taking their breakfast by unknown people who israel bombed their vehicle. Now people accuse Palestinians and others Sinai people and few who think of israel. Evidence is destroyed, accusations spread with rumors araising hatred and sense of revenge. All what remains is mind, logic, when you ask yourself who is the only one who get benefit from such crimes and disasters. So any atheist would dare to accuse Muslims as being terrorists, keep silent it is non of his business. Or we also can say it is dirty foreign hands that control those all who only gain from that and let's keep silent too about the scandal of America who turned to be the resposible of their two buildings.

You mean like the Taliban attack on a Muslim wedding in Jordan? It does happen, unfortunately.

The Taliban.. in Jordan? Don't think so bro..

Thank you. I didn't hear about forbiding Jordanian weddings in Taliban. Really Taliban gained alot from this such as getting rid of a couple who may give birth of Jordanian children and Jordan population will be more than Taliban. This is a strategic political secret of that attack, please don't tell anyone.

Aha, I forget to say that Muslims bombed the two buildings because there was new Jordanian couple, the bride in a trade center and the groom in the other one so they had to destroy both of them.

But I remember to tell you that who did kill the 20 peaceful break-fasted soldiers are israelis with the help of the traitor who was retired yesterday.

Take care of politics, when you understand what happens in Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Afganistan, Nigeria, Misr,,,,,,,,,

Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLpw90kPsl0&feature=rel%E2%80%8Bated

You can find more if you'd like. It depends on your media.

Odd how I am merely reciting facts as presented while you are being confrontation and in some ways somewhat rude.

I posted about a specific incidence to illustrate a point and rather than show evidence to the contrary you continue on your anti-israeli campaign. I know of the evils of the israeli government and am not refuting it. But to alleviate responsibility from groups like the Taliban is to ignore the truth and the truth must be looked at from all sides and not just from the one that is most comfortable.

If you continue to be rude as in this particular comment:

Aha, I forget to say that Muslims bombed the two buildings because there was new Jordanian couple, the bride in a trade center and the groom in the other one so they had to destroy both of them.

I am going to first report you to the staff and then refrain from any further conversations.

Yes brother I remember this on the news when it happened. But the Taliban has nothing to do with it. Taliban are in Afghanistan not in Jordan. They blamed al Qaida for the attack but really they blame everything on al Qaida so there's no solid evidence there.

May Allah accept all the Muslims who died in that wedding and grant them paradise.

• Like 1

Yes brother I remember this on the news when it happened. But the Taliban has nothing to do with it. Taliban are in Afghanistan not in Jordan. They blamed al Qaida for the attack but really they blame everything on al Qaida so there's no solid evidence there.

May Allah accept all the Muslims who died in that wedding and grant them paradise.

You know, people in the east don't trust any word so easily as we always discover snakes around us. Holywood films are enough to make you doubtful but its producers the west are not that way, they trust their media 100% without knowing or maybe without wanting to know that they live in a big lie.

After discovering some scientific facts and uncovering some scientific lies, I learned that. When science is based on tendency, and politics based on personal interests and religion based on culture. What else you can trust.

I only trust The One God and His messenger peace be upon him.

As for Muslims attacking Muslims I present the following :

http://islamonline.c...-Tatarstan.html

The groups which the above site is taking about are not Muslims. The following site may clarify some sort of misunderstanding.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe/2012/08/201281273348263645.html

They just follow another Musaylima Al-kadab

Odd how I am merely reciting facts as presented while you are being confrontation and in some ways somewhat rude.

I posted about a specific incidence to illustrate a point and rather than show evidence to the contrary you continue on your anti-israeli campaign. I know of the evils of the israeli government and am not refuting it. But to alleviate responsibility from groups like the Taliban is to ignore the truth and the truth must be looked at from all sides and not just from the one that is most comfortable.

If you continue to be rude as in this particular comment:

I am going to first report you to the staff and then refrain from any further conversations.

No need to insult and threaten, sorry bro for annoying you and doubting of being anti Muslims.

All the best