Islamic Forum
abby66

Adultry In Islam

I have been married for 8 years.2 weeks ago i found out that my husband has been keeping in contact with girls as well as sleeping with them.He left our family home 2 weeks ago. what is the right thing to do? should i forgive him or ask him to divorce me?

PropellerAds

assalamo alykom wa rahmat Allah, sister

first, take care... charging any person with adultry, in Islam, requires 4 fair mature male witnesses who saw evry detail in the process..or the wife/husband who saw that....not by feeling or estimation or any other means

both choices are allowed in Islam, you are the one who best know your husband, and the whole cercumstances and can choose .

i'm not sure if you mean he is still have such bad conduct, if so, you may try the some/all of the next steps one after another and you are the one who decide the number of trials and the trial times.

1- have a private frankly kindly talk with him, remind him with the bad consequances of such action and the god's just punishment to it which indicates how much Allah hate that.........may Allah guide him back to the straight path

2- you may ask the help of a trustworthy religious member of his family, local sheikh, wise man to remind him with Allah

3- family consultation, two wisemen (or more), one from your family and another from his family......

4- you have the full right to do all the legal proceedures to have divorce if he kept on that way,

may Allah do you the best

Pray salat Istikara and seek the answer in your heart; that would be the answer

Leave him immediately. Ask for divorce loudly, he committed a major crime not only against himslef but against you, your children, the whole family and the whole community. He is Muhsan (married) so his crime is harsher.

Allah says "الزاني لا ينكح إلا زانية أو مشركة والزانية لا ينكحها إلا زان أو مشرك وحرم ذلك على المؤمنين"

"The adulterer shall not marry save an adulteress or an idolatress, and the adulteress none shall marry save an adulterer or an idolater. All that is forbidden unto believers. (3)" Al Nour

" الخبيثاتُ للخبيثين والخبيثون للخبيثات والطّيِّباتُ للطّيِّبين والطَّيِّبون للطَّيِّبات أولئك مُبرَّئون ممّا يقولون لهم مَّغفرةٌ ورزقٌ كريمٌ"

"Vile women are for vile men, and vile men for vile women. Good women are for good men, and good men for good women; such are innocent of that which people say: For them is pardon and a bountiful provision. (26)" Al Nour

Take care of yourself, he may infect you with an incurable disease. I feel sorry for that but I advise you try not to cry for him, Allah guide him and return him to the straight path.