Islamic Forum
Luckee

Why Do Muslims Believe God Is In Silence?

As far as I have heared, the Qu'ran is the last word of Allah. So has Allah been staying silent for the past 2000 years? Why do Muslims believe that Allah no longer communicates with us. Is there any evidence for this?

Why is Quran the last word? Why does Allah not communicate to all cultures individually? Is it because no one is capable enough to receive revelations from Allah? Is it because the prophet was so much better then all who exist now in Islam? Why is the prophet in Islam considered to be more capable of receiving revelations from Allah compared to all who came after him. All people that were born and died 2000 years after the revelation of quran? Why can not another one like him be sent unto us? And what if Allah is sending and we are simply disbelieving the messengers that are being send right this very moment?

PropellerAds

As far as I have heared, the Qu'ran is the last word of Allah. So has Allah been staying silent for the past 2000 years? Why do Muslims believe that Allah no longer communicates with us. Is there any evidence for this?

we are incapable, un-authorized, unqualified of judging the god's zat (could be translated to physical features), that's out of our mind capabilities. in fact there are smaller isues we can't percieve although every human being own one in his own body, the spirit....and we will not be able to know about it tell the end.

لَيْسَ كَمِثْلِهِ شَيْءٌ وَهُوَ السَّمِيعُ البَصِيرُ {11

042.011 Y: ........ there is nothing whatever like unto Him, and He is the One that hears and sees (all things).

} لَا يُسْأَلُ عَمَّا يَفْعَلُ وَهُمْ يُسْأَلُونَ {23}

021.023 Y: He cannot be(will not, is not) questioned for His acts, but they will be questioned (for theirs).

Why is Quran the last word? Why does Allah not communicate to all cultures individually? Is it because no one is capable enough to receive revelations from Allah? Is it because the prophet was so much better then all who exist now in Islam? Why is the prophet in Islam considered to be more capable of receiving revelations from Allah compared to all who came after him. All people that were born and died 2000 years after the revelation of quran? Why can not another one like him be sent unto us? And what if Allah is sending and we are simply disbelieving the messengers that are being send right this very moment?

what is missed to be completed, i believe the main point is not about who will receive , but what is missed to be to be completed. we believe, as Moslems, that Allah has completed his message to humanity, every thing he, almighty, wanted to tell us about he did told us in the Quran. The purpose of life, the test rules, the different kinds of proofs we need, the orders, the recommendations, the forbidding, educational stories, the prizes, ……….

Yes, sure, the test have a degree of difficulty and that differs from one to another and from circumstances to another and from time to another….Allah predetermined all of this with the most accurate measures.

The solution is not to make the test that easy, as we discussed before if you remember, that will have some other side effects….for example, if the god talked to you personally or showed you some miracles…….and you said: you don't seems like a god, or what a cheep magic staff, or….., who will be the looser in such case. degrees of the test is another mercy of the all-knowing god.

More clear example:

When the god asks his servant, I sent you a miracles and signs, why didn't you believe?

Man: what miracles, name me one reasonable one.

When did you know about the barrier between the two seas? http://www.gawaher.c...+media +tactics

Man: let me check my net…….ok in the 1920s we began to have indications, in the 1940s we had a scientific proofs and measurements, ……

I told you about such fact in the Quran 1400 years before you can realize it, why you didn't believe in that?

Man: ok, your book was in another language, I didn't trust the Moslem translation at the time, most of the Moslem' countries was in a miserable situations to inspire me,…….

Allah will judge every one by the finest accurate measures, he, subhanuh wa taala, will have the witness from the one's organs, and will judge the reasons for not obeying him.

Consider the other case, noooooooo excuses

Good questions! I appreciate your smartness.

Yes, Quran is the last revelation of Allah to humaity but...Allah is not in silence. Do you speak? Do you see? Do you hear?

It's Him who grant you tongue, eyes and ears so He is The All Seer The All Hearer.

وَقَالُواْ ٱتَّخَذَ ٱللَّهُ وَلَدً۬ا‌ۗ سُبۡحَـٰنَهُ ۥ‌ۖ بَل لَّهُ ۥ مَا فِى ٱلسَّمَـٰوَٲتِ وَٱلۡأَرۡضِ‌ۖ كُلٌّ۬ لَّهُ ۥ قَـٰنِتُونَ (١١٦) بَدِيعُ ٱلسَّمَـٰوَٲتِ وَٱلۡأَرۡضِ‌ۖ وَإِذَا قَضَىٰٓ أَمۡرً۬ا فَإِنَّمَا يَقُولُ لَهُ ۥ كُن فَيَكُونُ (١١٧) وَقَالَ ٱلَّذِينَ لَا يَعۡلَمُونَ لَوۡلَا يُكَلِّمُنَا ٱللَّهُ أَوۡ تَأۡتِينَآ ءَايَةٌ۬‌ۗ كَذَٲلِكَ قَالَ ٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبۡلِهِم مِّثۡلَ قَوۡلِهِمۡ‌ۘ تَشَـٰبَهَتۡ قُلُوبُهُمۡ‌ۗ قَدۡ بَيَّنَّا ٱلۡأَيَـٰتِ لِقَوۡمٍ۬ يُوقِنُونَ (١١٨) إِنَّآ أَرۡسَلۡنَـٰكَ بِٱلۡحَقِّ بَشِيرً۬ا وَنَذِيرً۬ا‌ۖ وَلَا تُسۡـَٔلُ عَنۡ أَصۡحَـٰبِ ٱلۡجَحِيمِ (١١٩)

سورة البقرة

"And they say: Allah hath taken unto Himself a son. Be He glorified! Nay, but whatsoever is in the heavens and the earth is His. All are subservient unto Him. (116) The Originator of the heavens and the earth! When He decreeth a thing, He saith unto it only: Be! and it is. (117) And those who have no knowledge say: Why doth not Allah speak unto us, or some sign come unto us? Even thus, as they now speak, spake those (who were) before them. Their hearts are all alike. We have made clear the revelations for people who are sure. (118) Lo! We have sent thee (O Muhammad) with the truth, a bringer of glad tidings and a warner. And thou wilt not be asked about the owners of hell-fire. (119)" Surat Al Baqarah

They are not only prophets, they are called messengers. It is not a matter of who is able to communicate Allah, Allah is Who select His messengers. Yes Messenger Muhammad is the last (the seal of prophets) and yes Quran is the last book and no more messengers and books.

Do you want to know why?

Do you want to know why?

Excuse me for the late coming.

I want to know why. Yes, indeed!

Consider the other case, noooooooo excuses

I don't see truth in this life. Perhaps I am blind to it. If this life does contain truth for me, truely unchanging truth, then I will worship it, surely!

For me Allah is not in silence because the quran is so powerful because Allah speaks to us still today through the quran.

Also our thought of what communication is between people cannot be applied to our communication with Allah. We communicate to Allah by prayer and we do not see Him but that does not mean He does not see nor hear us. He does and he is capable of responding to our prayers indirectly. As it says in the quran - And He is like unto none. So we cannot compare Allah to ourselves in how we understand things like talking, hearing etc.

Actually if we take a look at al faitha - it is actually a conversation between us and Allah but we do not hear Allah talking. However prophet Muhammad pbuh told us that when we recite al fatiha Allah remarks on what we say:

Abu Huraira reported: The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: If anyone observes prayer in which he does not recite Umm al-Qur'an, It is deficient [he said this three times] and not complete. It was said to Abu Huraira: At times we are behind the Imam. He said: Recite it inwardly, for he had heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) declare that Allah the Exalted had said: I have divided the prayer into two halves between Me and My servant, and My servant will receive what he asks. When the servant says: Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the universe, Allah the Most High says: my servant has praised me. And when he (the servant) says: The Most Compassionate, the Merciful, Allah the Most High says: My servant has lauded Me. And when he (the servant) says: Master of the Day of judgment, He remarks: My servant has glorified Me. and sometimes He would say: My servant entrusted (his affairs) to Me. And when he (the worshipper) says: Thee do we worship and of Thee do we ask help, He (Allah) says: This is between Me and My servant, and My servant will receive what he asks for. Then, when he (the worshipper) says: Guide us to the straight path, the path of those to whom Thou hast been Gracious not of those who have incurred Thy displeasure, nor of those who have gone astray, He (Allah) says: This is for My servant, and My servant will receive what he asks for. Sufyan said: 'Ala b. 'Abd al-Rahman b. Ya'qub narrated it to me when I went to him and he was confined to his home on account of illness, and I asked him about it. (Sahih Muslim Book 4, Hadith 775)

As for your question of why the quran is the last word of God - well for Muslims we do believe it is the last revelation of God but that it is suitable for the situations we are occuring today and the future because God knows what we need. You asked why doesn't Allah communicate to all cultures individually but we also believe that He did.

By Allah, We (also) sent (Our messengers) to Peoples before thee; but Satan made, (to the wicked), their own acts seem alluring: He is also their patron today, but they shall have a most grievous penalty. (16:63)

The thing is Allah has sent us many messengers throughout time because he is so Merciful and He wanted to guide us to Him. If he had wanted he could have just sent the first prophet (Adam pbuh) and left us to our own devices. But he continued to send more and more messengers yet people still reverted back to their own ways. Take a look at the story of Musa pbuh in the quran and how his people reverted back to worshipping the cow when he was gone for only 30 nights!

If Allah wanted He could have sent another prophet after Muhammad but that was not the plan He chose. No one knows when Judgement day will come but we do know that we are closer and Allah is testing us right now. Who will stay closer to Islam and who will stray from Islam? The quran is here for us so we cannot make excuses about there not being a prophet for us now. The quran is our guidance.

• Like 2

For me Allah is not in silence because the quran is so powerful because Allah speaks to us still today through the quran.

Also our thought of what communication is between people cannot be applied to our communication with Allah. We communicate to Allah by prayer and we do not see Him but that does not mean He does not see nor hear us. He does and he is capable of responding to our prayers indirectly. As it says in the quran - And He is like unto none. So we cannot compare Allah to ourselves in how we understand things like talking, hearing etc.

Actually if we take a look at al faitha - it is actually a conversation between us and Allah but we do not hear Allah talking. However prophet Muhammad pbuh told us that when we recite al fatiha Allah remarks on what we say:

Abu Huraira reported: The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: If anyone observes prayer in which he does not recite Umm al-Qur'an, It is deficient [he said this three times] and not complete. It was said to Abu Huraira: At times we are behind the Imam. He said: Recite it inwardly, for he had heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) declare that Allah the Exalted had said: I have divided the prayer into two halves between Me and My servant, and My servant will receive what he asks. When the servant says: Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the universe, Allah the Most High says: my servant has praised me. And when he (the servant) says: The Most Compassionate, the Merciful, Allah the Most High says: My servant has lauded Me. And when he (the servant) says: Master of the Day of judgment, He remarks: My servant has glorified Me. and sometimes He would say: My servant entrusted (his affairs) to Me. And when he (the worshipper) says: Thee do we worship and of Thee do we ask help, He (Allah) says: This is between Me and My servant, and My servant will receive what he asks for. Then, when he (the worshipper) says: Guide us to the straight path, the path of those to whom Thou hast been Gracious not of those who have incurred Thy displeasure, nor of those who have gone astray, He (Allah) says: This is for My servant, and My servant will receive what he asks for. Sufyan said: 'Ala b. 'Abd al-Rahman b. Ya'qub narrated it to me when I went to him and he was confined to his home on account of illness, and I asked him about it. (Sahih Muslim Book 4, Hadith 775)

As for your question of why the quran is the last word of God - well for Muslims we do believe it is the last revelation of God but that it is suitable for the situations we are occuring today and the future because God knows what we need. You asked why doesn't Allah communicate to all cultures individually but we also believe that He did.

By Allah, We (also) sent (Our messengers) to Peoples before thee; but Satan made, (to the wicked), their own acts seem alluring: He is also their patron today, but they shall have a most grievous penalty. (16:63)

The thing is Allah has sent us many messengers throughout time because he is so Merciful and He wanted to guide us to Him. If he had wanted he could have just sent the first prophet (Adam pbuh) and left us to our own devices. But he continued to send more and more messengers yet people still reverted back to their own ways. Take a look at the story of Musa pbuh in the quran and how his people reverted back to worshipping the cow when he was gone for only 30 nights!

If Allah wanted He could have sent another prophet after Muhammad but that was not the plan He chose. No one knows when Judgement day will come but we do know that we are closer and Allah is testing us right now. Who will stay closer to Islam and who will stray from Islam? The quran is here for us so we cannot make excuses about there not being a prophet for us now. The quran is our guidance.

So life is like a game of blindfold?

It sounds very scary. Still relative though. Not unchanging in it's truth.

Allah as the truth, by very definition, then, must remain unknown in Islam, to us, as human beings. I'm ok with that.

Is life a a game of blindfold even when Allah has sent us many messengers from the beginning of time to help us open our eyes and see the truth. Did Allah send messengers because we were following His way or that we had lost sight of the right path. Messengers were not sent to blind us they were sent to open our eyes. You must learn to see it that way in order to understand the mercy of Allah. It is us as humans who have blinded ourselves by choosing the wrong way when the right way is layed out in front of us. It is us who are blinding ourselves when God tells us there is heaven and hell and people still choose hell. When Judgement day comes people can no longer fool or blind themselves but Allah keeps giving us extra time so that we ask for His forgiveness. How many more chances will humans throw away?

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) had said that he was the last prophet and messenger. Revelation had been stopped and sealed by Quran. Maybe Allah knew that Quran was enough to guide the rest of the humans untill the end of time or doomsday. Wallahualam.

Edited by Raihanna

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) had said that he was the last prophet and messenger. Revelation had been stopped and sealed by Quran. Maybe Allah knew that Quran was enough to guide the rest of the humans untill the end of time or doomsday. Wallahualam.

The Qu'ran is not a guide, except to those who believe.

The Qu'ran is not a guide, except to those who believe.

Actually Quran is a guide for all humans from Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)'s time until doomsday. That is why people who disbelieve this guide will be punished severely in hereafter

Peace, Brother My Advice to you Will be that, u start Reading and understanding Qur'an Yourself... U will the best judge yourself... By The will Of Allah all ur queries will be answered.

Whenever we perform our Salah and say our Du'aa we communicate with Allah. We speak to Allah. Allah speaks to us through Qur'an.

Previously, Prophets and Messengers had been sent, because the Books that were given to them were corrupted and falsified by people. The world had become void of guidance, but Allah is protecting Qur'an from being corrupted. The Message of Qur'an will remain until the Day of Judgement.

Actually Quran is a guide for all humans from Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)'s time until doomsday. That is why people who disbelieve this guide will be punished severely in hereafter

Then you are a believer if you believe that.

Edited by Luckee