Islamic Forum
The Shrew

Crucifixion In Egypt

What is going on in Egypt? Reports are filtering in about protestors being crucified if they are opposing the new government. You can read about it here or here . These type of atrosities can not go on.

PropellerAds

Besides the stories posted in two ultra-conservative Republican-leaning (not that those are necessarily bad things) sites, can you offer any other proof? Like pictures of it happening? I'd imagine if it is so widespread, there would be at least one picture of this happening, wouldn't there?

But saying that these atrocities can't continue when you have no proof other than stories written by writers who are blatantly anti-Egyptian (Pam Geller is quoted as a knowledgeable person???) doesn't mean it is true. (Just for reference, Geller is amongst those that labels all Muslims as savages.)

Edited by Nightingale
  • Like 1

this report remind me with the pri-Iraqi war americam Media reports " let's get them"...all of it are mere shamless lies....some anti-islamic guys can't bear to see a rising up Islamic country or a successful Islamic group, a country is being led by a proff. Dr. Engineer named Muhammad, worked for NACA and have 100s of international scientific paprers, successful politician for decades and one who spent his life in social works.........they can't wait to see the results, because they are sure what it will be like.

note:i feel like the word "crusifiction" which was a unique word in the jedu-christian culture is being melt down, normalized, to be used with the Muslems as well?!!!

while the general view in Egypt, most of the main news papers and media channels chiefs in the country were been hired by "Safowat Al-shareef" who was the "supreme newspaper council cheif" because of his position as the "Showra council cheif" and "previous presedent party main piller" "previous derty intelligence offecer"......he chose those guys based on the blindless obediance and the snaky behaviour and the limitless loyality for the regieme, all of them take part in the finantial, economic, political and social polution in the country.....all of those guys are being replaced based on the new law established by the new elected showra council.

about "Okasha" who is a unique phinomina in the egyptian socity, he had his private channel licence from "Safwat alsherief", he was one of the main supporters of the old regieme, he used to say Egypt never and will never have a president like "Mubarak",......., he is been seen and video recorded kissing the hands of "Safwat" which is a great sign of hypocracy,...the most shameless lier i have ever seen, in one episode he tells an information and swear many times he is truthfull and not lier and the next day he just tells the opposite with the same amount of swears and confermations......this man as many others kept attacking the legal and electeted authorities as hardas he can......the presedent was more than patient against his silliness, tell that reached the plain insults for example he tells about the president as "psycklogical diseased" "mad" "insane" ...... he urged to kill the presedent ....

i believe, generally "those old 1st class figures and supporters" of the old regiemes and the anti-revolution was been excuted in any normal type of revolution, like the east Eurobe ones......while for some reasons the Egyptian are so meak by nature.

Every thing according to the law, the presedential maneged to raise the issue to the courts, the judge accepted the case as an insult .... BTW how can you see this in the USA, for example of some one claimed agaist you "you are a "real psyclogical mad man" without any proof, is it ok?? if this man said 1/1000 of what he said about our presedent to any member of the old regieme he wold be disapeared/presoned without judging for limitless periods/ at least, judged accourding to the military law which has no guarntees nor limits as well

What is going on in Egypt? Reports are filtering in about protestors being crucified if they are opposing the new government. You can read about it here or here . These type of atrosities can not go on.

As someone who took news writing class at Belhaven University I can tell you that while these events might, or might not, be occurring I cannot say either way as your sources as shaky at best. If you look at a decent news story and compare it you will see what I mean. A real story gives sources for the information and is collaborated by other sources. With that said, however, I would not put it beyond the Muslim Brotherhood to do something like that but I would doubt it as the cross is detested in Islam so while persecution at the hands of the Muslim Brotherhood would be likely the source of the story along with the notion of using the cross lends me to think that these stories are either entirely fabricated or are misleading information, at best.

p.s.

you might want to stop using Christian websites to find news i.e. http://www.christianheadlines.com/ ( thats the one I used to frequent anyways which would give me stories that used the same wd site that you have on here. ) or if you insist on using such sites to find news related to what you are looking for perhaps try to check the story through other sources that would have no reason for working together and also check up on key facts used in the story [note: this goes for reading news on other places as well though like CNN, MSNBC, & FOXNEWS]

• Like 1

That's what I mean. To be fair, WorldNetDaily (the first site given) brands itself as ultra-conservative and right-wing. This is a "news" organization that has been taken to court numerous times for outright falsehoods and has lost or settled each time. They are also frequently the purveyors of conspiracy theories (and one of the only main groups still going after Obama for his birth certificate).

The second site, is just a far-right opinion blog really. It denounces anything that isn't specifically Republican it seems from my perusal of it (including anything libertarian or Ron Paul-esque). As an opinion site, I don't care if I agree with 80% of what it says, it is NOT a news site so using it to "prove" this is happening is utterly laughable. And before someone attacks me for being anti-conservative or anything else, I support the Tea Party in many instances. I still want to see any proof, if this is as WND claims, why hasn't the BBC or the New York Times or the Washington Times or Newsweek or Time or any serious publication had anything to say about this? Not even Drudge has said anything about this (as of 10 am this morning).

• Like 1

agreed... if this was happening while news sites like CNN & MSNBC might not jump on it as they are known to lean more towards the left at the very least FOXNEWS would and with zeal...there is not even anything on the Glenn Beck website and we all know he would jump at the chance for such a story

The source of this alleged incident, Sky News Arabic, has withdrawn it shortly after publishing it on the web, without giving any reason or apology. Its a fabricated lie, but many websites and forums which commented on it did not stop there.

The Muslim brotherhood is a peaceful group, known to be friendly with all Christians. Their political part includes several Christian members. During past riots against churches, planned and orchestrated by Mubarak's state police, and paid outlaws and thugs, volunteers from the Muslim brotherhood took it on themselves to protect those churches.

• Like 1

I posted this more as a question. I had heard it on a radio station I listen to and so googled it when I came home and that is what came up. I was not trying to speak ill of the Muslim brotherhood. Over all I know the relationship in Egypt between Christians and Muslims is friendly and peacfull. I hope it is not true as that would be a huge atrosity.

As someone who took news writing class at Belhaven University I can tell you that while these events might, or might not, be occurring I cannot say either way as your sources as shaky at best. If you look at a decent news story and compare it you will see what I mean. A real story gives sources for the information and is collaborated by other sources. With that said, however, I would not put it beyond the Muslim Brotherhood to do something like that but I would doubt it as the cross is detested in Islam so while persecution at the hands of the Muslim Brotherhood would be likely the source of the story along with the notion of using the cross lends me to think that these stories are either entirely fabricated or are misleading information, at best.

p.s.

you might want to stop using Christian websites to find news i.e. http://www.christianheadlines.com/ ( thats the one I used to frequent anyways which would give me stories that used the same wd site that you have on here. ) or if you insist on using such sites to find news related to what you are looking for perhaps try to check the story through other sources that would have no reason for working together and also check up on key facts used in the story [note: this goes for reading news on other places as well though like CNN, MSNBC, & FOXNEWS]

I honestly did not even realize it was a Christian news source I posted a link to. I did first hear it on a Christian talk show over the air waves. I saw nothing on cnn, fox, msnbc on it. Though I would of been surprised if cnn or msnbc did report on it if it were happening. Till the mainstream picks it up for now or more breaks on it I will have to dicount it as false and I hope it is.

That's what I mean. To be fair, WorldNetDaily (the first site given) brands itself as ultra-conservative and right-wing. This is a "news" organization that has been taken to court numerous times for outright falsehoods and has lost or settled each time. They are also frequently the purveyors of conspiracy theories (and one of the only main groups still going after Obama for his birth certificate).

The second site, is just a far-right opinion blog really. It denounces anything that isn't specifically Republican it seems from my perusal of it (including anything libertarian or Ron Paul-esque). As an opinion site, I don't care if I agree with 80% of what it says, it is NOT a news site so using it to "prove" this is happening is utterly laughable. And before someone attacks me for being anti-conservative or anything else, I support the Tea Party in many instances. I still want to see any proof, if this is as WND claims, why hasn't the BBC or the New York Times or the Washington Times or Newsweek or Time or any serious publication had anything to say about this? Not even Drudge has said anything about this (as of 10 am this morning).

Well I guess I learn something new daily. Refering to the first paragraph. You are right the in the second being a opinion blog and not a news sight. It just happened to be second on the google search when it came up. I agree would like to see more proof to WND claims. Might need to be another retraction for WND if they are as you say they are.