Islamic Forum
andalusi

Muslim-Christian Debate, Here

Abraham was to be forefather so obviously that means he would have to hav sex. Moses chose not to which is also a valid choice. You are acting as if by allowing to take a vow of celibacy we are forcing all Christians to be celibate. Jesus said nothing of the kind. He said it was profitable for getting closer to God, but that not all(Moses, Abraham, most of the human population) were not called to this.

On abuse. The rate of child abuse among priests is average compared to the percentage of child abuse among teachers. It's hardly caused by celibacy, any more than violence is caused by Islam.

On marriage getting us to heaven. Married people have a lot less time on their hands. It's harder to "pray without ceasing" when children need to be taken care of. Note: I'm not saying married people are all in hell. I'm just saying celibate people have a lot less time to grow closer to God.

He said it was profitable for getting closer to God, but that not all

logically cant be correct, beacuse wrong way to come closer to God does not fit into logic.

It's hardly caused by celibacy, any more than violence is caused by Islam

Islam forbid violence, Islam allows only to defend yourself, that is all.

I'm just saying celibate people have a lot less time to grow closer to God.

but dont you know according to Islamic teaching we are worshiping God all the time, even when we have sex with our wives, feed them, give them clothes, kiss them and so on. even when we eat when we sleep, even when we clean the street we are worshipping God beacuse we follow instruction of God and we get reward for it.

so friends of prophet asked Muhammed, how can we get reward for have sex with our wives, prophet answered them, what if you did have sex outside marriage, you would get punished by God, so God also reward if you have sex with your wives.

monks can never come close to God beacuse they associate partner with God, their worship of God will hurt them more than they will profit from it. beacuse God will punish them for their shirk (association partners with God)

PropellerAds

The funny thing is, that when I am celibate I will have time to read the bible, Quran, tanahk, Avesta, and the many other great religious books. I will be able to spend all time when I'm not doing Mass, confession or ministering to parishioners in prayer. Did you know Eastern Orthodox monks pray 7 times a day? And from what I know these are long prayers.

On the other hand I can have sex, care for my wife and children, raise them well in the truth of Christ and his Church and still manage to attend Mass regularly and pray around an hour a day.

Both ways of life have merit. One seperated us from the world to draw ourselves and others closer to God, while the other has us work to change the world from within and draw myself and others closer to God. They are both valid ways to serve God. All it comes down to is which I am called to. And as you seem to claim, if being celibate would make me miserable, then I obviously will not choose celibacy. :)

if they pray to jesus, their prayer will hurt them more than they will benefit from it.

No I will not come closer to God through alcohol. However I definitely will not be pulled farther away by it, as long as I follow Jesus' teaching and remain sober.

You've used that jail analogy twice. As I said before, a better one would be that I willingly take your place on the condition that you stop robbing banks.

On cancer. Why did God only ban alcohol then? Both coal and leather dust have been shown to help cause cancer. Why isn't burning coal or working with leather forbidden?

God forbid everything in the quran wich cause harm to people.

Jesus did not abolish the Law. That we can agree on. However he brought it to completion. Pork is now clean.

No it came in the form of my drunkenness. I chose to get drunk and now I will pay the penalty by regretting the deaths I caused as long as I live.

Something I find interesting is that you claim to obey the mosaic law yet break it. Here is an example.

The Word of God

Yahweh forbids camel meat:

"The LORD said to Moses and Aaron, ‘Say to the israelites: "Of all the animals that live on land, these are the ones you may eat: You may eat any animal that has a split hoof completely divided and that chews the cud. There are some that only chew the cud or only have a split hoof, but you must not eat them. The camel, though it chews the cud, does not have a split hoof; it is ceremonially unclean for you."’" Leviticus 11:1-4

pork is now clean, are you joking with us here??????????????????????????????

WHAT DOES SCIENCE SAY ABOUT IT

is this clean to you??????????????

PORK AND ITS HARMFUL EFFECTS ON HEALTH

Quran

He has only forbidden you carrion, blood and pork and what has been consecrated to other than Allah. But anyone who is forced to eat it-without desiring it or going to excess in it-commits no crime. Allah is Ever-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Qur'an, 2:173)

Bible

Leviticus 11: “And the pig, though it has a split hoof completely divided, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you (7). You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you (8).”

Deuteronomy 14: “However, of those that chew the cud or that have a split hoof completely divided you may not eat the camel, the rabbit or the coney. Although they chew the cud, they do not have a split hoof; they are ceremonially unclean for you (7). The pig is also unclean; although it has a split hoof, it does not chew the cud. You are not to eat their meat or touch their carcasses (8)”

Eating pork is harmful to health in a great many regards. This harm still persists today, despite all the precautions that are taken. First and foremost, no matter how clean the farms and environments on which it is raised may be, the pig is not by nature a clean-living animal. It often plays in, and even eats, its own excrement. Due to this and its biological structure, the pig produces much higher levels of antibodies in its body than other animals. In addition, far higher levels of growth hormone are produced in the pig compared to those in other animals and human beings. Naturally, these high levels of antibodies and growth hormone pass across to and collect in the pig's muscle tissue. Pork meat also contains high levels of cholesterol and lipids. It has been scientifically proven that these significant amounts of antibodies, hormones, cholesterol and lipids in pork represent a serious threat to human health.

The existence of above-average numbers of obese individuals in the populations of countries such as the USA and Germany, in which large quantities of pork are consumed, is now well-known. When exposed to excessive quantities of growth hormone as a result of a pork-based diet, the human body first puts on excessive weight and then suffers physical deformations.

Another harmful substance in pork is the "trichina" worm. This is frequently found in pork and when it enters the human body, it settles directly in the muscles of the heart and represents a possibly fatal threat. Even though it is now technically possible to identify pigs that are infected with trichina, no such methods were known in earlier centuries. That means that everyone who ate pork risked infection by trichina and possible death.

All these reasons are just a part of the wisdom in our Lord's prohibition on the consumption of pork. Moreover, this commandment of our Lord's provides complete protection from the harmful effects of pork under any conditions.

Until the 20th century, it was impossible to be aware of the danger posed to human health by pork. The fact that the Qur'an, revealed fourteen centuries ago, warns against this harm which has been incontrovertibly revealed with modern medical equipment and biological tests, is one of the miracles demonstrating that the Qur'an is the revelation of Allah, the Omniscient. Despite all the precautionary measures and inspections that take place in modern-day pig rearing, the fact that pork is physiologically incompatible with the human body and is a variety of meat harmful to human health has not altered.

Pork is Forbidden in Christianity & Islam ! but why?

Why is the eating of pork forbidden in Islam?

Answer:

The fact that consumption of pork is prohibited in Islam is well known. The following points explain various aspects of this prohibition:

1. Pork prohibited in Qur’an

The Qur’an prohibits the consumption of pork in no less than 4 different places. It is prohibited in 2:173, 5:3, 6:145 and 16:115.

"Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah." [Al-Qur’an 5:3]

The above verses of the Holy Qur’an are sufficient to satisfy a Muslim as to why pork is forbidden.

2. Pork prohibited in the Bible

The Christian is likely to be convinced by his religious scriptures. The Bible prohibits the consumption of pork, in the book of Leviticus

"And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you".

"Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch, they are unclean to you."

[Leviticus 11:7-8]

Pork is also prohibited in the Bible in the book of Deuteronomy

"And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you. Ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcass."

[Deuteronomy 14:8]

A similar prohibition is repeated in the Bible in the book of Isaiah chapter 65 verse 2-5.

3. Consumption of pork causes several diseases

The other non-Muslims and atheists will agree only if convinced through reason, logic and science. Eating of pork can cause no less than seventy different types of diseases. A person can have various helminthes like roundworm, pinworm, hookworm, etc. One of the most dangerous is Taenia Solium, which is in lay man’s terminology called tapeworm. It harbours in the intestine and is very long. Its ova i.e. eggs, enter the blood stream and can reach almost all the organs of the body. If it enters the brain it can cause memory loss. If it enters the heart it can cause heart attack, if it enters the eye it can cause blindness, if it enters the liver it can cause liver damage. It can damage almost all the organs of the body.

Another dangerous helminthes is Trichura Tichurasis. A common misconception about pork is that if it is cooked well, these ova die. In a research project undertaken in America, it was found that out of twenty-four people suffering from Trichura Tichurasis, twenty two had cooked the pork very well. This indicates that the ova present in the pork do not die under normal cooking temperature.

4. Pork has fat building material

Pork has very little muscle building material and contains excess of fat. This fat gets deposited in the vessels and can cause hypertension and heart attack. It is not surprising that over 50% of Americans suffer from hypertension.

5. Pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth

The pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth. It lives and thrives on muck, faeces and dirt. It is the best scavenger that I know that God has produced. In the villages they don’t have modern toilets and the villagers excrete in the open air. Very often excreta is cleared by pigs.

Some may argue that in advanced countries like Australia, pigs are bred in very clean and hygienic conditions. Even in these hygienic conditions the pigs are kept together in sties. No matter how hard you try to keep them clean they are filthy by nature. They eat and enjoy their own as well as their neighbour’s excreta.

The healthy harms which are related to eating the pork

The dissimilitude between the pork & the other Cattle's meat:

The pork includes a big quantity of sebum and marked by inosculating the sebum inside the muscular cells in the meat fro by its coexisting outside the cell in the connective tissues in high turbidity

While the sebum of cattle's meat are isolated from the muscular tissue and it isn't posturize inside its cells but it is posturize outside the cells and in the connective tissues

The scientific studies proved that the herbivore's fats are emulsified and absorbed in the human's intestines when he eats it, then it is converted in his body inspite of that the emulsification is difficult in his intestines and the flyzren triple molecules pork's fats are absorbed without any conversion or deposition in human's tissues as zoologically or porky fats

And the cholesterol, which results from pork's analysis in the body appear in the blood in the form of semi-cholesterol pleomorphic which led to arise in the blood pressure a lot and arteriosclerosis and they are from the dangerous factors that introduced filling of the heart muscle, and professor Roff found that cholesterol that are found in the cancer rover cell are like the cholesterol which are found when eating the pork

The pork is rich with the compounds that contains a high rate of sulfur and all affect the tissues absorption ability to the water as sponge that take the shape of vast bag and this led to the deposition of the mucous substance in sinews, ligaments, cartilages between vertebrae and to degeneration in the bones

And the tissues that contains sulfur are damaged by rotten producing a spread bad odor and caused hydrogen sulphate gas and it was noticed that the containers that contains the pork although it is perfectly closed it's odor spreads from the room after few days as a result of it's bad rotten odor and it's unsustainable odor

Contrastly, other types of meat was passed by the same experiment and it was found that the rotten of beef is more slower than the pork and this rotten odor doesn't spread from it. The pork contains a high ratio of growth hormone which has a great effect on the infection (material's ends), also it has an effect on the stomach growth (The potbelly) and increase the growth rate especially the designed for growth and cancer development

According to professor Roff studies these fatty meals that contain pork consider essential in cell's cancer turning as it contains the growth hormone and it has a great effect in rising blood cholesterol

Diseases transported by pork:

Islamic forbids pork and Muslims apply it obeying to the order of Allah without argument in the causes of this forbidden but modern scientists reached to this astonished results in this field.

It's amazing that pig is rich pasture for more than 450 epidemic diseases and it is playing the role of intermediary to transform 57 diseases to man, in addition to these diseases that are caused from eating pork as dyspepsia, the atherosclerosis and many others.

The pig itself is responssible alone to transform 27 epidemic diseases to human and some other animals participate it in other diseases but it stills the store and the main source of these diseases as: The liar hydrophobia, Wile disease, Japanese fever, Malta fever, Scrofula, Meningitis, krip epidemics, The pig's flu & others.

Reference : Medical Islamic wonders (Rawee Al- Teb Al- Islamy) Dr. Mohamed Nezar Al-Dakr.

tapeworm_life_cycle.jpg

Cysticercosis_LifeCycle.gif

Pig: Warehouse Parasites and Harmful Bacteria 

Pigs are filthy animals, she usually eats everything given to him, either dirt or dead even his own feces or will he eat human feces. Pigs have a lazy nature, do not like sunlight, not like a stroll, really like to eat and sleep, has the most greedy nature. Increasing age, the pigs will be more stupid and lazy, do not have the will and struggled even to defend themselves only reluctantly.

Therefore, pigs, many cause disease in humans. Pigs are considered animals unfit for consumption. Among these parasites are as follows:

1. Worm Taenia solium

Taenia+solium.jpg

These parasites form a bubble-shaped larvae in pork or egg-shaped granules in pig intestines. If someone ate pork without cooking it well, then the bubble walls will be digested by the human stomach, and the larvae will then grow in the human intestine. This event will hinder development of the body and will form a tapeworm that can reach 10 feet in length, attached to the intestinal wall by his head and then absorb the elements of food in the stomach. It can cause a person to lack of blood and digestive disorders, because this worm can remove toxins.

If in a person - especially children-have been known to have these worms in the stomach, then he will experience feelings of anxiety or hysteria. Sometimes the larvae that is in the human intestinal tract is about to enter the blood circulation and continue to spread throughout the body, including brain, liver, spinal cord, and lungs. Under these conditions these worms can cause deadly diseases.

2. Worms Trichinila spiralis

thrichinia.png

These worms exist in pigs in the form of bubbles gently. If someone is eating without cooking pork well, then the bubbles - which contain the larvae of this worm - can live in human flesh and muscle, insulation between the lung and heart, and in other areas in the body. This worm attacks the muscles can cause tremendous pain and cause the movement is slow, plus it is difficult to do activities. Moderate presence in the bulkhead will be narrowing the breathing, which could end in death.

3. Worm Schistosoma japonicum

schistosoma+japonicum.jpg

This is a worm that is more dangerous than Schistosoma worms, known in Egypt. And the pig is the only animal that contains this caciong. This worm can infect humans if they touch or wash with water containing larvae of this worm that usually comes from pig manure that goes into it. This worm can burn human skin and can sneak into the blood, lung, and liver. This worm is growing very rapidly, within a day could reach more than 20 000 eggs, which can burn skin, stomach and liver, sometimes can invade the brain and spinal cord that can cause paralysis and death.

4. Fasciolepsis Buski

buski.jpg

These parasites live in the small intestine of swine in a long time. When there is mixing between the intestine and feces, the parasite will be in a certain form that is liquid that can transfer disease in humans. Most of these kinds of parasites found in China and East Asia regions. These parasites can cause indigestion, diarrhea and swelling all over his body, which can cause death.

5. Worms Ascaris

visuel-ascaris-680.jpg

The length of this worm about 10 inches. These worms can cause inflammation of the lung, trachea, and blockage of the stomach. This worm can not be eradicated in the body except by surgery.

6. Worms Anklestoma

ankletoma.jpg

The larvae of this worm into the body by burning the skin when a person is walking, bathing or drinking contaminated water. These worms can cause diarrhea and bleeding in stool, which can lead to blood shortage, lack of protein in the body, swelling of the body and cause a child to experience delays in physical and mental growth, weak heart and can eventually cause death.

7. Calonorchis Sinensis

sinensis.jpg

This type of worm that slipped, and stayed in the water pig liver bile, which is the main source of transmission of the disease in humans. This worm is available at Cinda and East Asia, because the people there used to maintain and consume pork. This virus can cause swelling of the human liver and jaundice accompanied by severe diarrhea, and the body becomes thin and ends with death.

paragonium.jpg

8. Worm Paragonimus

These worms live in the lungs of pigs. This worm is widespread in China and Southeast Asia where many pigs are maintained and consumed. These worms can cause inflammation in the lungs. Until now has not found a way to kill worms in the lungs.

9. Swine Erysipelas

The parasite is found in pig skin. The parasite is always ready for burning on klit man who tried to approach or interact with it. These parasites can cause inflammation of human skin that showed red color and high body temperature.

Who's the germs that exist in pigs can cause various diseases, among others:

1. TBC: The disease is probably derived from pig meat eaten by humans without a well-cooked. It may also happen just by touching it.

2. Smallpox (Small Pox): The virus is moving from pigs to humans by way of contiguity or eating meat affected by this disease.

3. Itchy-Itchy (Scabies): This disease can be about people by touching pig skin.

4. Germs Rusiformas: That is a germ that can perform decomposition on both feet and difficult to cure.

5. Salmonella Choler Suis

6. Blantidium Coli: Pigs are considered as the main animal who became a growing proliferation of this parasite, which causes severe dysentery in man.

7. Microbes Brocellosis: pig manure is considered as the main source of the emergence of these microbes. Diseases caused by this highly contagious microbes that can cause disease in the surrounding area, and can cause fever, malta fever in humans.

8. Toxoplasma Gondi Microbes: Microbes are so many places available in swine breeding. The disease is a threat to humans through food contaminated by feces or pig or inhale dust containing air bubbles these microbes.

These microbes could enter the lymph nodes, spleen and liver. It causes fever and decrease the length of the body's immunity, inflammation and heart muscle. And can cause respiratory problems, because these microbes are also attacking the lungs. It can also attack the eyes of a severe inflammation in the eye area, which eventually can cause blindness.

and this is clean to you ????

Sorry to disappoint you but yes he did; St Paul performed miracles in the name of Jesus whether you like it or not (obviously you don’t :) ).

Which old laws did Paul abolish?

What appears to be contradictions are actually paradoxes. Careful study and hermeneutics helps clarify the paradoxes.

When you make statements like “God said in the quran that monks inveted celibacy” then it does matter. It shows you are plain WRONG and you can’t even interpret your own sacred book.

Peace in Christ.

St Paul performed miracles in the name of Jesus whether you like it or not (obviously you don’t )

yeah sure, to preform miracles is not evidence enouch to follow that person

Matthew 7:22

Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?'

Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Which old laws did Paul abolish?

everything

circumcision was abolished by Paul (Galatians 5:2)
Behold, I, Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ
shall profit you nothing.” Yet circumcision is a covenant
between God and Prophet Abraham and his descendants.
Abraham and his son and men folk of his household were
ordered to circumcise by God. Because Christianity had deviated
a long way from the original teachings of Jesus (pbuh), Allah
then sent as part of His original plan, His final messenger,
Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) as a revivalist to restore the original
teachings.

It was Paul who abolished the Mosaic Law
Read Acts 13:39."And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from
which ye could not be justified by the Law of Moses.”

yeah sure, to preform miracles is not evidence enouch to follow that person

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Interesting…first you didn’t believe St Paul performed miracles, now you’re saying even if he did it wouldn’t be enough. The verse prior to the one you quoted says “Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.” – Matthew 7:21. Paul did do the will of the Father in the strictest terms. He was flogged 5 times and stoned 3 times for the sake of the gospel. He preached the gospel and many countries. He died for the sake of the gospel. 

circumcision was abolished by Paul (Galatians 5:2) “Behold, I, Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.” 

Christians are not bound to be circumcised because we have entered into a new covenant with Christ; that is why we are called CHRISTians. It would be unprofitable for us to be circumcised because if we were circumcised we would be reverting back to the Abrahamic covenant.

It was Paul who abolished the Mosaic Law

Read Acts 13:39."And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the Law of Moses.”

Paul did not abolish the Law of Moses here. He is simply saying we have not been saved/justified by the Law of Moses because we have have transgressed the Law. Therefore the Law is our accuser of sin which is why we needed to be redeemed by Christ.

Christians are not bound to be circumcised because we have entered into a new covenant with Christ; that is why we are called CHRISTians. It would be unprofitable for us to be circumcised because if we were circumcised we would be reverting back to the Abrahamic covenant.

what are you talking about, what new covenant, did jesus told you that????????????? did jesus told you to not circumsize yourself???

Paul did not abolish the Law of Moses here.

yes he did, it is so obvious. only blind people cant see that.

what are you talking about, what new covenant, did jesus told you that????????????? did jesus told you to not circumsize yourself???

This new covenant:

Then he took a cup, gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you, for this is my blood of the covenant, which will be shed on behalf of many for the forgiveness of sins. – Matthew 26:27-28.

In order to be saved Jesus said:

Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved; whoever does not believe will be condemned. – Mark 16:16. Ask any Jew and he will tell you circumcision is a sign of entering into the Abrahamic covenant. In Christianity circumcision has been transformed into baptism.

yes he did, it is so obvious. only blind people cant see that.

Do you see the word “abolish” in Acts 13:39? No. Did I use the word “justify” in my explanation? Yes. Who’s blind now?? Your problem again is your own eisegesis. The Acts of the Apostles wasn’t written for Muslims, so stop interpreting the text as a Muslim.

let say that you dont need now to circumsize

if we look logically, that cant be true, or at least you relgion christianity is ont logical.

if you circumsize that is healthy both for you and your wife, and that is why God probabaly ordered circumcision. so what logical relgion is christianity if it brings you from healthy state to unhealthy state, beacuse if you dont do circumcision then you can get infections and you wife also during sex.

if your relgion is logical, then at least it would protect your health as Islam do to its followers, while your relgion does not do that, that is why Islam is better relgion and logical than christianity.

Islam protect health of its followers while christianity dont do that.

logically cant be correct, beacuse wrong way to come closer to God does not fit into logic.

but dont you know according to Islamic teaching we are worshiping God all the time, even when we have sex with our wives, feed them, give them clothes, kiss them and so on. even when we eat when we sleep, even when we clean the street we are worshipping God beacuse we follow instruction of God and we get reward for it.

so friends of prophet asked Muhammed, how can we get reward for have sex with our wives, prophet answered them, what if you did have sex outside marriage, you would get punished by God, so God also reward if you have sex with your wives.

monks can never come close to God beacuse they associate partner with God, their worship of God will hurt them more than they will profit from it. beacuse God will punish them for their shirk (association partners with God)

You said:

What does that even mean?

You said:

And Christianity forbids child molestation. Just because something is forbidden by religion doesn't mean we won't do it. My point was that celibate priests are no more likely to molest children than normal men.

In Christianity marriage is to help each other to heaven and to raise children who know God. Celibacy is a much more inward spirituality. However a married Christian can have a lively spiritual life and a celibate monk or priest can be an example and guide for others.

Completely unrelated. If you want to argue over whether Christians are idolaters say so. Otherwise focus on the topic. You aren't replying to the point. Thus within Christianity the monks celibacy is valid.

if they pray to jesus, their prayer will hurt them more than they will benefit from it.

Since Jesus is God I see no problem with praying to Him.

However pretend they didn't. Pretend they prayed only to God. That shows how celibacy is good.

God forbid everything in the quran wich cause harm to people.

Ok then. Give me the verses where he forbids coal and leather working. Then the verses where he forbids sugary deserts. Finally give me a verse where he forbids weapons and war.

Edited by Heavens Fire

Quran

He has only forbidden you carrion, blood and pork and what has been consecrated to other than Allah. But anyone who is forced to eat it-without desiring it or going to excess in it-commits no crime. Allah is Ever-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Qur'an, 2:173)

Bible

Leviticus 11: “And the pig, though it has a split hoof completely divided, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you (7). You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you (8).”

Deuteronomy 14: “However, of those that chew the cud or that have a split hoof completely divided you may not eat the camel, the rabbit or the coney. Although they chew the cud, they do not have a split hoof; they are ceremonially unclean for you (7). The pig is also unclean; although it has a split hoof, it does not chew the cud. You are not to eat their meat or touch their carcasses (8)”

Eating pork is harmful to health in a great many regards. This harm still persists today, despite all the precautions that are taken. First and foremost, no matter how clean the farms and environments on which it is raised may be, the pig is not by nature a clean-living animal. It often plays in, and even eats, its own excrement. Due to this and its biological structure, the pig produces much higher levels of antibodies in its body than other animals. In addition, far higher levels of growth hormone are produced in the pig compared to those in other animals and human beings. Naturally, these high levels of antibodies and growth hormone pass across to and collect in the pig's muscle tissue. Pork meat also contains high levels of cholesterol and lipids. It has been scientifically proven that these significant amounts of antibodies, hormones, cholesterol and lipids in pork represent a serious threat to human health.

The existence of above-average numbers of obese individuals in the populations of countries such as the USA and Germany, in which large quantities of pork are consumed, is now well-known. When exposed to excessive quantities of growth hormone as a result of a pork-based diet, the human body first puts on excessive weight and then suffers physical deformations.

Another harmful substance in pork is the "trichina" worm. This is frequently found in pork and when it enters the human body, it settles directly in the muscles of the heart and represents a possibly fatal threat. Even though it is now technically possible to identify pigs that are infected with trichina, no such methods were known in earlier centuries. That means that everyone who ate pork risked infection by trichina and possible death.

All these reasons are just a part of the wisdom in our Lord's prohibition on the consumption of pork. Moreover, this commandment of our Lord's provides complete protection from the harmful effects of pork under any conditions.

Until the 20th century, it was impossible to be aware of the danger posed to human health by pork. The fact that the Qur'an, revealed fourteen centuries ago, warns against this harm which has been incontrovertibly revealed with modern medical equipment and biological tests, is one of the miracles demonstrating that the Qur'an is the revelation of Allah, the Omniscient. Despite all the precautionary measures and inspections that take place in modern-day pig rearing, the fact that pork is physiologically incompatible with the human body and is a variety of meat harmful to human health has not altered.

Answer:

The fact that consumption of pork is prohibited in Islam is well known. The following points explain various aspects of this prohibition:

1. Pork prohibited in Qur’an

The Qur’an prohibits the consumption of pork in no less than 4 different places. It is prohibited in 2:173, 5:3, 6:145 and 16:115.

"Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah." [Al-Qur’an 5:3]

The above verses of the Holy Qur’an are sufficient to satisfy a Muslim as to why pork is forbidden.

2. Pork prohibited in the Bible

The Christian is likely to be convinced by his religious scriptures. The Bible prohibits the consumption of pork, in the book of Leviticus

"And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you".

"Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch, they are unclean to you."

"And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you. Ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcass."

A similar prohibition is repeated in the Bible in the book of Isaiah chapter 65 verse 2-5.

3. Consumption of pork causes several diseases

The other non-Muslims and atheists will agree only if convinced through reason, logic and science. Eating of pork can cause no less than seventy different types of diseases. A person can have various helminthes like roundworm, pinworm, hookworm, etc. One of the most dangerous is Taenia Solium, which is in lay man’s terminology called tapeworm. It harbours in the intestine and is very long. Its ova i.e. eggs, enter the blood stream and can reach almost all the organs of the body. If it enters the brain it can cause memory loss. If it enters the heart it can cause heart attack, if it enters the eye it can cause blindness, if it enters the liver it can cause liver damage. It can damage almost all the organs of the body.

Another dangerous helminthes is Trichura Tichurasis. A common misconception about pork is that if it is cooked well, these ova die. In a research project undertaken in America, it was found that out of twenty-four people suffering from Trichura Tichurasis, twenty two had cooked the pork very well. This indicates that the ova present in the pork do not die under normal cooking temperature.

4. Pork has fat building material

Pork has very little muscle building material and contains excess of fat. This fat gets deposited in the vessels and can cause hypertension and heart attack. It is not surprising that over 50% of Americans suffer from hypertension.

5. Pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth

The pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth. It lives and thrives on muck, faeces and dirt. It is the best scavenger that I know that God has produced. In the villages they don’t have modern toilets and the villagers excrete in the open air. Very often excreta is cleared by pigs.

Some may argue that in advanced countries like Australia, pigs are bred in very clean and hygienic conditions. Even in these hygienic conditions the pigs are kept together in sties. No matter how hard you try to keep them clean they are filthy by nature. They eat and enjoy their own as well as their neighbour’s excreta.

The pork includes a big quantity of sebum and marked by inosculating the sebum inside the muscular cells in the meat fro by its coexisting outside the cell in the connective tissues in high turbidity

While the sebum of cattle's meat are isolated from the muscular tissue and it isn't posturize inside its cells but it is posturize outside the cells and in the connective tissues

The scientific studies proved that the herbivore's fats are emulsified and absorbed in the human's intestines when he eats it, then it is converted in his body inspite of that the emulsification is difficult in his intestines and the flyzren triple molecules pork's fats are absorbed without any conversion or deposition in human's tissues as zoologically or porky fats

And the cholesterol, which results from pork's analysis in the body appear in the blood in the form of semi-cholesterol pleomorphic which led to arise in the blood pressure a lot and arteriosclerosis and they are from the dangerous factors that introduced filling of the heart muscle, and professor Roff found that cholesterol that are found in the cancer rover cell are like the cholesterol which are found when eating the pork

The pork is rich with the compounds that contains a high rate of sulfur and all affect the tissues absorption ability to the water as sponge that take the shape of vast bag and this led to the deposition of the mucous substance in sinews, ligaments, cartilages between vertebrae and to degeneration in the bones

And the tissues that contains sulfur are damaged by rotten producing a spread bad odor and caused hydrogen sulphate gas and it was noticed that the containers that contains the pork although it is perfectly closed it's odor spreads from the room after few days as a result of it's bad rotten odor and it's unsustainable odor

Contrastly, other types of meat was passed by the same experiment and it was found that the rotten of beef is more slower than the pork and this rotten odor doesn't spread from it. The pork contains a high ratio of growth hormone which has a great effect on the infection (material's ends), also it has an effect on the stomach growth (The potbelly) and increase the growth rate especially the designed for growth and cancer development

According to professor Roff studies these fatty meals that contain pork consider essential in cell's cancer turning as it contains the growth hormone and it has a great effect in rising blood cholesterol

Islamic forbids pork and Muslims apply it obeying to the order of Allah without argument in the causes of this forbidden but modern scientists reached to this astonished results in this field.

It's amazing that pig is rich pasture for more than 450 epidemic diseases and it is playing the role of intermediary to transform 57 diseases to man, in addition to these diseases that are caused from eating pork as dyspepsia, the atherosclerosis and many others.

The pig itself is responssible alone to transform 27 epidemic diseases to human and some other animals participate it in other diseases but it stills the store and the main source of these diseases as: The liar hydrophobia, Wile disease, Japanese fever, Malta fever, Scrofula, Meningitis, krip epidemics, The pig's flu & others.

Reference : Medical Islamic wonders (Rawee Al- Teb Al- Islamy) Dr. Mohamed Nezar Al-Dakr.

img

img

Pigs are filthy animals, she usually eats everything given to him, either dirt or dead even his own feces or will he eat human feces. Pigs have a lazy nature, do not like sunlight, not like a stroll, really like to eat and sleep, has the most greedy nature. Increasing age, the pigs will be more stupid and lazy, do not have the will and struggled even to defend themselves only reluctantly.

Therefore, pigs, many cause disease in humans. Pigs are considered animals unfit for consumption. Among these parasites are as follows:

1. Worm Taenia solium

img

These parasites form a bubble-shaped larvae in pork or egg-shaped granules in pig intestines. If someone ate pork without cooking it well, then the bubble walls will be digested by the human stomach, and the larvae will then grow in the human intestine. This event will hinder development of the body and will form a tapeworm that can reach 10 feet in length, attached to the intestinal wall by his head and then absorb the elements of food in the stomach. It can cause a person to lack of blood and digestive disorders, because this worm can remove toxins.

If in a person - especially children-have been known to have these worms in the stomach, then he will experience feelings of anxiety or hysteria. Sometimes the larvae that is in the human intestinal tract is about to enter the blood circulation and continue to spread throughout the body, including brain, liver, spinal cord, and lungs. Under these conditions these worms can cause deadly diseases.

img

These worms exist in pigs in the form of bubbles gently. If someone is eating without cooking pork well, then the bubbles - which contain the larvae of this worm - can live in human flesh and muscle, insulation between the lung and heart, and in other areas in the body. This worm attacks the muscles can cause tremendous pain and cause the movement is slow, plus it is difficult to do activities. Moderate presence in the bulkhead will be narrowing the breathing, which could end in death.

img

This is a worm that is more dangerous than Schistosoma worms, known in Egypt. And the pig is the only animal that contains this caciong. This worm can infect humans if they touch or wash with water containing larvae of this worm that usually comes from pig manure that goes into it. This worm can burn human skin and can sneak into the blood, lung, and liver. This worm is growing very rapidly, within a day could reach more than 20 000 eggs, which can burn skin, stomach and liver, sometimes can invade the brain and spinal cord that can cause paralysis and death.

4. Fasciolepsis Buski

img

These parasites live in the small intestine of swine in a long time. When there is mixing between the intestine and feces, the parasite will be in a certain form that is liquid that can transfer disease in humans. Most of these kinds of parasites found in China and East Asia regions. These parasites can cause indigestion, diarrhea and swelling all over his body, which can cause death.

5. Worms Ascaris

img

The length of this worm about 10 inches. These worms can cause inflammation of the lung, trachea, and blockage of the stomach. This worm can not be eradicated in the body except by surgery.

6. Worms Anklestoma

img

The larvae of this worm into the body by burning the skin when a person is walking, bathing or drinking contaminated water. These worms can cause diarrhea and bleeding in stool, which can lead to blood shortage, lack of protein in the body, swelling of the body and cause a child to experience delays in physical and mental growth, weak heart and can eventually cause death.

7. Calonorchis Sinensis

img

This type of worm that slipped, and stayed in the water pig liver bile, which is the main source of transmission of the disease in humans. This worm is available at Cinda and East Asia, because the people there used to maintain and consume pork. This virus can cause swelling of the human liver and jaundice accompanied by severe diarrhea, and the body becomes thin and ends with death.

img

8. Worm Paragonimus

These worms live in the lungs of pigs. This worm is widespread in China and Southeast Asia where many pigs are maintained and consumed. These worms can cause inflammation in the lungs. Until now has not found a way to kill worms in the lungs.

9. Swine Erysipelas

The parasite is found in pig skin. The parasite is always ready for burning on klit man who tried to approach or interact with it. These parasites can cause inflammation of human skin that showed red color and high body temperature.

1. TBC: The disease is probably derived from pig meat eaten by humans without a well-cooked. It may also happen just by touching it.

2. Smallpox (Small Pox): The virus is moving from pigs to humans by way of contiguity or eating meat affected by this disease.

3. Itchy-Itchy (Scabies): This disease can be about people by touching pig skin.

4. Germs Rusiformas: That is a germ that can perform decomposition on both feet and difficult to cure.

6. Blantidium Coli: Pigs are considered as the main animal who became a growing proliferation of this parasite, which causes severe dysentery in man.

7. Microbes Brocellosis: pig manure is considered as the main source of the emergence of these microbes. Diseases caused by this highly contagious microbes that can cause disease in the surrounding area, and can cause fever, malta fever in humans.

8. Toxoplasma Gondi Microbes: Microbes are so many places available in swine breeding. The disease is a threat to humans through food contaminated by feces or pig or inhale dust containing air bubbles these microbes.

These microbes could enter the lymph nodes, spleen and liver. It causes fever and decrease the length of the body's immunity, inflammation and heart muscle. And can cause respiratory problems, because these microbes are also attacking the lungs. It can also attack the eyes of a severe inflammation in the eye area, which eventually can cause blindness.

I find it funny that you ignore all of my post except for the first sentence. You ignore the point of my post which was to point out that Muslims break the Law.

Anyone on here please correct me if I'm wrong but Jesus was saying pork was spiritually clean. It wouldn't damage your soul to eat pork, regardless of its health benefits or risks.

Quran

He has only forbidden you carrion, blood and pork and what has been consecrated to other than Allah. But anyone who is forced to eat it-without desiring it or going to excess in it-commits no crime. Allah is Ever-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Qur'an, 2:173)

Bible

Deuteronomy 14: “However, of those that chew the cud or that have a split hoof completely divided you may not eat the camel, the rabbit or the coney. Although they chew the cud, they do not have a split hoof; they are ceremonially unclean for you (7). The pig is also unclean; although it has a split hoof, it does not chew the cud. You are not to eat their meat or touch their carcasses (8)”

Answer:

1. Pork prohibited in Qur’an

2. Pork prohibited in the Bible

3. Consumption of pork causes several diseases

4. Pork has fat building material

5. Pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth

img

img

1. Worm Taenia solium

img

img

img

4. Fasciolepsis Buski

img

5. Worms Ascaris

img

6. Worms Anklestoma

img

7. Calonorchis Sinensis

img

img

8. Worm Paragonimus

9. Swine Erysipelas

I find it funny that you ignore all of my post except for the first sentence. You ignore the point of my post which was to point out that Muslims break the Law.

Anyone on here please correct me if I'm wrong but Jesus was saying pork was spiritually clean. It wouldn't damage your soul to eat pork, regardless of its health benefits or risks.

Andalusi. You say a logical religion should protect your health. In Christianity that is left up to you. If you wish to live healthily(I think everyone does) then you live healthily. Religion has nothing to do with keeping me bodily healthy. Religions job is to keep my soul healthy. Without Christ my soul is doomed. Whether I'm fit or unfit, without Jesus we are damned.

I see you’ve switched tactics and now used logic as your defence. Your theological arguments are weak and I have yet to see you adequately refute my rebuttals.

Ask any Jew and he will tell you circumcision has got NOTHING to do with health issues. Circumcision was a sign of entering into the Abrahamic covenant. Why was circumcision the sign? Well who would see this sign? The husband and wife would be reminded each time just before they consummated their marriage that they are part of God’s great plan. Their people under Abraham would multiply as many as the stars in the heavens or sand on the seashore. Through this pedigree, the seed of Abraham who is the Messiah will bring about blessings to all nations. So you see it’s got nothing to do with health issues.

I noticed you use “logic logic logic” as your safe haven of defence. You seem to be binding God under logic. Google defines logic as “Reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity”. Who’s validity? Human being’s validity. Does not God transcend human principals of validity? Therefore don’t limit God to logic when he is greater than it...

of course it should be logical, do you expect God to be illogical and we humans to be logical, so we are intelectually superior to the One who created us.

i have refuted your rebuttals very easy like i do with heavens fire, but i am helpless against illogical people

when i say 1+1+103 they say no, it is 1+1+1=1

Ask any Jew and he will tell you circumcision has got NOTHING to do with health issues. Circumcision was a sign of entering into the Abrahamic covenant. Why was circumcision the sign?

you cant ask jews beacuse they have no wisdom in their relgion, while in Islam there is wisdom, when God forbids something he forbids it for certain reason with purpose. God forbids what is harmful and allaows and commands what is good for us and society.

where is reason in God forbidding for example apples and bananas, and we know that it is good for us healthy, and does not harm, it would be illogical for God to forbids something like that.

that is why Islam is superior relgion to every other relgion, beacuse it is logical relgion.

When God forbids something in Islam it is beacuse it harms people spiritually or physically.

Since Jesus is God I see no problem with praying to Him.

However pretend they didn't. Pretend they prayed only to God. That shows how celibacy is good.

you pray to jesus while jesus is praying to God :D

i have never seen such illogical relgion than it is christianity.

That shows how celibacy is good.

if you dont live in celibacy, do not promote it, it would make you a hypocrite. 

Ok then. Give me the verses where he forbids coal and leather working. Then the verses where he forbids sugary deserts. Finally give me a verse where he forbids weapons and war.

i can post to you but what does it matter for you, you dont follow it.

and by the way weapons and war are not forbidden if it is a defensive war.

why did he not eat it and showed to people with his own example????

why say something wich deeds dont follow???

if pork was allowed jesus would eat it first.

Andalusi. You say a logical religion should protect your health. In Christianity that is left up to you. If you wish to live healthily(I think everyone does) then you live healthily. Religion has nothing to do with keeping me bodily healthy. Religions job is to keep my soul healthy. Without Christ my soul is doomed. Whether I'm fit or unfit, without Jesus we are damned.

no it is is not left to you, beacuse christianity harm your health beacuse it is created by men, it is not inspired by God.

christianity allows alcohol, how much damage it cost.....imagine 

christianity allows pork, pork is unhealthy to humans health, it help even cancer to grow beacuse of the growth hormone in pork.

christianity does allow to not be circumsized

scientific evidence:

Since 2005, the AAP says that recent scientific evidence shows compellingly what the benefits of circumcision are. The AAP's Taskforce on Circumcision explained in Pediatrics that after reviewing recent studies, the health benefits of circumcision include a lower risk of acquiring or developing:

Syphilis

Genital herpes

HIV

Human papilloma vírus

Penile cancer

Urinary tract infection during the first 12 months of an infant's life

Reduces the risk of cervical cancer in men's sexual partners

A report published by the American Cancer Society demonstrated that males who are circumcised have a 15% lower risk of developing prostate cancer if the procedure is carried out before their first sexual intercourse.

Circumcision Benefits

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/249567.php

this is why Islam is better relgion than christianity, from the scientific point of view.

Yes, it is. We choose to eat what we eat. Some foods are dangerous to our health. If we choose to continue eating them we die. But you must not confuse the body, the flesh and blood with Spirit. Christianity can harm ones health in the sense that Christians are hated and killed for their faith.

As far as what we eat and its spiritual impact, Jesus said, "It is not what goes into a man's stomach that defiles him; it is what comes out of his mouth from his heart; for the heart is deceitful and full of wickedness who can know it. Only Jesus can save us from our corrupted hearts! When we eat, it goes in our mouth, in our stomach and comes out the other end. This does not defile a person.

The Bible is written by men inspired by God! The Quran was received in a different way than the Bible and yet it has imperfectly borrowed the virgin birth story of Jesus from the NT Bible but denies the reason the Bible gives for His virgin birth.

There is no other Scriptures Islam could have gotten the virgin birth story from. You should think twice before you say the Scriptures are corrupted. Muhammad never said this! You are on you own with this!

Peace be unto you

It is not what goes into a man's stomach that defiles him; it is what comes out of his mouth from his heart; 

if you drink poison , does it defiles your stomach?

The Bible is written by men inspired by God! 

if bible was inspired by God why do we find so many errors in it?

If God inspires people , does he not know that errors shall not be in his book???

You should think twice before you say the Scriptures are corrupted. Muhammad never said this! You are on you own with this!

both bible and quran say that bible is corrupted.

Andalusi,

I have to admit that I read the thread from the first page to this one currently 34 pages.  I wanted to be caught up on what is discussed here.  It has been an enlightening experience. I am curious why you believe celibacy is bad?  Frankly I'm confused.  You see on the one hand you condemn it even mock those that adopt that way of life.  Yet, at the same time earlier in this very thread your post #112 quotes the Quran 5;82 where God praises men that have renounced the world.  Perhaps it has a different meaning in Islam.  In Christianity the men and women that embrace this way of life are monastics often called monks and nuns.  That way of life is still practiced today among the Catholic and Orthodox Churches by those with that particular calling or vocation.    

Peace be with you    

Edited by gmcbroom

Andalusi,

I have to admit that I read the thread from the first page to this one currently 34 pages.  I wanted to be caught up on what is discussed here.  It has been an enlightening experience. I am curious why you believe celibacy is bad?  Frankly I'm confused.  You see on the one hand you condemn it even mock those that adopt that way of life.  Yet, at the same time earlier in this very thread your post #112 quotes the Quran 5;82 where God praises men that have renounced the world.  Perhaps it has a different meaning in Islam.  In Christianity the men and women that embrace this way of life are monastics often called monks and nuns.  That way of life is still practiced today among the Catholic and Orthodox Churches by those with that particular calling or vocation.    

Peace be with you    

I am curious why you believe celibacy is bad?  

it is bad beacuse Islam and logic does not support it, neighter does bible i mean Judaism OT

if celibacy was something good, first would be prophets of God who would practice it, moses, abraham, muhammed, solomon, david, jacob, noah but they had wives. so are you and me better than them???? no

then from the logical point of view, sex is like a knife, you can use it good or evil way, just like you can use knife to cut vegetables in the kitchen OR kill people, you can use sex in a good way, with your wife, for enjoyment and creation of offsprings, OR you can rape women in the street, have incest, have homosexuality and other perverted stuff.

so celibacy is not natural way of humans, beacuse if all humans practiced it humanity would die within 100 years. so logically, relgion and logic is against it, and your body is also against it.

if you keep sperm inside yourbody it becomes like a toxin in your body wich can harm you, and created prostata cancer and other problems.

Yet, at the same time earlier in this very thread your post #112 quotes the Quran 5;82 where God praises men that have renounced the world.  Perhaps it has a different meaning in Islam. 

those who stay away from enjoyment in sins, sex outside marriage, alcohol, drogs, cigaretess, gambling

Andalusi, thank you for your reply. Christians try to avoid over indulgence as well. Though, many fall into it at least in the Catholic and orthodox churches we have the rite of reconciliation ie confession to help when we do so that our sins may be forgiven. As for the Islamic view of those who practice celibacy well this is just one more unique way in which Christians and Muslims are different.

Peace be with you.

I don't know about defile, but it will upset it and possibly kill you. That, however, doesn't corrupt or defile your spirit and/or relationship with God. As usual, you missed the spiritual point being made.

You never tell me what errors. you just say things. There are no errors to the cental gospel message all we Christian have received. I have aked you questions about the Quran I notice you didn't answer. At least I am specific about the problems I see that you have failed to address in the thread "Does the Quran misunderstand the trinity."

Give references that the Bible says it is corrupted or the that the Quran says it. You are just talking off the top of your head if you don't back up your comments and posts.

That, however, doesn't corrupt or defile your spirit and/or relationship with God. 

of course it does, if you kill yourself you will go to Hellfire no matter who you are, christian, atheist, muslim, satan worshiper........

You never tell me what errors. you just say things. There are no errors to the cental gospel message all we Christian have received.

of course there is errors in gospel also

i will give you only 1 now , this ismple stuff and it is error, can you imagine how many errors there is in other stuff then in bible

WHo is father to joseph? Heli or Jacob?

Matthew 1:16

and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, and Mary was the mother of Jesus who is called the Messiah.

vs.

Luke 3:23

And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

this is just little how many error there is in both OT and NT.

I have aked you questions about the Quran I notice you didn't answer. At least I am specific about the problems I see that you have failed to address in the thread "Does the Quran misunderstand the trinity."

maybe i missed the questions.

No, quran does not missunderstand trinity. 

Give references that the Bible says it is corrupted or the that the Quran says it. You are just talking off the top of your head if you don't back up your comments and posts.

everything i say i have evidence for

Bible say Bible is corrupted:

Jeremiah 8:8

"'How can you say, "We are wise because we have the word of the LORD," when your teachers have twisted it by writing lies? 

Quran confirms that, God say in the quran that Bible is corrupted

2: 71 Then, when you [israelites] killed someone and started to blame one another- although God was to bring what you had concealed to light-

2:75 So can you [believers] hope that such people will believe you, when some of them used to hear the words of God and then deliberately twist them, even when they understood them?

2:79 Woe to those who write the Book themselves and say, "This is from God," so that they may sell it for a small price! Woe unto them for what they have done and for what they have gained!

5:13 But they(Jews) broke their pledge, so We distanced them [from Us] and hardened their hearts. They distort the meaning of [revealed] words and have forgotten some of what they were told to remember: you [Prophet] will always find treachery in all but a few of them. Overlook this and pardon them: God loves those who do good.

not only that bible and quran agree on that

even bible scholar confirms what bible and quran say

Was the Bible FORGED? Prof. Bart D. Erhman is a New Testament scholar 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BWaPyDsrrg

do you believe me now man??? what more proof do you need, i gave you proof form bible, quran and bible scholar that bible is corrupted book.

Andalusi,

First it should be noted that Dr. Ehrman, though a biblical Scholar is one of many.  He sings in a chorus of scholars some believe in authenticity of  the scriptures and some like him do not.  In short his educated opinion holds some weight but not a lot.  Then he became an Atheist during all his studies instead of strengthening his faith he threw it away.  I can understand it even as I'm sure a part of this even resonates with Abdullah the gentleman who was raised Muslim became Christian and is now reverting back to Islam.  The good Doctor is having a crisis of faith. 

Peace be with you.   

Andalusi,

First it should be noted that Dr. Ehrman, though a biblical Scholar is one of many.  He sings in a chorus of scholars some believe in authenticity of  the scriptures and some like him do not.  In short his educated opinion holds some weight but not a lot.  Then he became an Atheist during all his studies instead of strengthening his faith he threw it away.  I can understand it even as I'm sure a part of this even resonates with Abdullah the gentleman who was raised Muslim became Christian and is now reverting back to Islam.  The good Doctor is having a crisis of faith. 

Peace be with you.   

of course he should be atheist if he read bible, beacuse errors pops up everywhere, how can book of God contain so much errors, that is why i would also abandon it, but thank God i have Islam wich is so superior relgion that no relgion can come close to it in superiority. what i mean with that is that Islam is supported by science and logic. and that makes it superior relgion of all other religions.