Islamic Forum
The Shrew

U.s. Ambassador Killed

The U.S. ambassador to Lybia was killed in a attack over a anti Islam film? I don't agree with what this film maker was doing but is this type of violence needed? I also do realize that this is also not mainstreem. It is just another sad case of violence over a movie made by a slanderer. Links are below.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444426404577647330480547246.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/12/world/africa/libya-us-ambassador-killed/index.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19570254

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/12/us-ambassador-to-libya-and-3-embassy-staff-members-reportedly-killed-in-libya/

http://news.yahoo.com/us-ambassador-killed-consulate-attack-libya-104519894.html

http://rt.com/news/us-ambassador-libya-killed-946/

PropellerAds

The death of the US ambassador is tragic. It is not Islamically acceptable. In historic times messengers were not killed. In present times ambassadors are not killed and ambassadors are the equivalent of messengers in historic times. I think this was one great mistake that Iran did when the goverment sanctioned taking the US embassy hostage. At the ver least the same fiasco has not happened in this case.

I also don't believe in attacking an embassy for something an US citizen has done. I don't believe attacking an embassy at all since they should be protected according to the accepted custom and treaties.

A lot of this is due to a lack of knowledge. I think the civil and economic unrest is a major factor as well.

[at] Younes I bwelieve you are correct sir. I hope and pray this does not turn into something major. This world does not need another conflice of sensless violence.

I searched for the trailer and it is quite offensive. I will not post the link. It is shameful.

It seems that the protests which resulted in the death of the US ambassador have sparked a counter-protest in Libya:

http://imgur.com/a/tlCyI

Personally I don't look at these offensive contents because I know they will just get my blood boiling and I see no value in such things.

It seems that the protests which resulted in the death of the US ambassador have sparked a counter-protest in Libya:

http://imgur.com/a/tlCyI

Personally I don't look at these offensive contents because I know they will just get my blood boiling and I see no value in such things.

It is heart warming to see the populus make there voice heard. And not because it is directed tward America. It is the average person making there voice heard.

I normaly try and avoid that type of content also but I guess I had to know what sparked such a out cry. I am not Muslim and it had me mad. I tried to view it as if what if that was Jesus being portraid. It was sickening. I will need to sanitise my mind.

I think the best way to treat such movies is to ignore them. When it comes to mocking material such as this any type of publicity is good publicity. The people who attack embassies over such matters actually do a service for the slanderer.

Another thought that came to mind is that the goverments need to learn a security lesson from this. Whenever a film, picture or an event that can cause this type of nonsense happens, security should be immediatedly stepped up to prevent this.

Granted that the video was aimed at Islam I am curious about a few things on this one. 1) Why were Muslims watching this? 2) Do the Muslims of the Middle East really expect the non-believer to act like a believer should? 3) Has the horrific but realistic possibility been investigated that no radical Islamic faction is behind this to begin with in order to further incite violence? 4) if 3 has been answered and found to be a fantastic and appreciated no then what? Its a movie and while it is a deplorable one we have to understand that secularism is the fastest growing religion in the world not Islam. In the U.S. recently there was a movie that took aim at Christianity but the secularists will do that. Just because they claim Jewish heritage does not in today's day and age mean that they practice Judaism. As for the israeli government let's face it, we all ( even the practicing Jews ) know that those people are godless secularists whose only claim to Judaism is blood and even that is questionable. The people who would do such a thing are not god fearing people and I pray this is not used as some means to perpetuate some war against a particular religion

Religulous is a good example of what I mean as far as the growing secularist movement

George Holyoake's 1896 publication English Secularism defines secularism as:

Secularism is a code of duty pertaining to this life, founded on considerations purely human, and intended mainly for those who find theology indefinite or inadequate, unreliable or unbelievable. Its essential principles are three: (1) The improvement of this life by material means. (2) That science is the available Providence of man. (3) That it is good to do good. Whether there be other good or not, the good of the present life is good, and it is good to seek that good.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secularism#Secular_society

i think a few important facts are being ignored about the movie; one it was an arab christian (an immagrant from north africa) who made the film, two, it was not originally a depiction of the messenger mohammad it was revoiced (on purpose) for whatver reason. three, americans ae just as appalled at such a film was being made so why blame us?

But, how big a deal is this movie, are people really circling the US embassys like our news is reporting or is this just a few protesters? our media makes it out to be large angry mobs storming the embassy grounds (and i'm certain this was the case in Lybia) but i'm not so sure. for one thing, it is the host countries militia that is standing guard and protecting the US interest. its not like our (US) military is guarding the grounds.

i think or feel that the Lybia embassy may have been preplanned to coordinate with the sept 11 attacks.

could the media, whom is controlled by jews, be making muslims look like wild irrational mobs?

what is really happening in north africa?

when i speak of the host countries militias guarding the US interest; i believe that it would not make sence for citizens to attack thesame military that freed their people during the Islamic spring. why would people attack their own? it doesnt make sence, i think the media is exagerating the situation, but i am not there so i dont know the truth.

Aknative, what you are speaking about is bordering on paranoia.

The unfortunate thing is that the US embassies have been thus far encircled in multiple countries. This is what is reported by everybody. This means that this is covered by Muslims, too.

paranoia, i'm native american so dont call me paranoid, i dont trust my goverment! and i have reason not to, they lie! they lie constantly! Theyspy on my people and the govern over us like we are backwoods aboriginal tribesman. if they didnt spy on americans then why do they have secret facilities wihin in the US monitoring communications. have you ever heard of the ACLU, they are constantly taking the government to court because of spying within the muslim community. The most recent being the NYPD goin to new jersey in order to gather info on american muslims. This intrusion is illegal. I know of a communications facillity in SEattle that is nothing more than a means for the fbi and cia to spy on us.if something happens in seattle this one building would be self sufficient powerwise for a very long time. its got backup generators backing up its backup generators. they dont evewr want this particular building loosing power because it monitors the etire west coast. i had very high clearance to certain areas before 911. i know what im talkin about. you are wrong to call me paranoid. its called being a realist.

every muslim i know says the same thing about the events that are going on, it is not a muslim value to incourage violence. so why is it you dont see the nonviolet reactions to this event, why is the sensational violent acts getting so much coverage. why doesnt the media report more about the nonviolent protest.

the one thing i can say is truthful abot the coverage is our president is looking very...presidential. he is not overreacting, he is working with the foreign governments to try to bring calm to thesituation unlike Mitt who believeswe should react with force. Violence begitts Violence, calmer heads will prevail.

I am not going to deny that US goverment spies on Muslims but we are not talking about spying here.

We are talking of an event that has been reported by everybody: the Americans, Russians, the Muslims. Nobody has suggested that a whole city has encircled the embassies. Very people actually have. However, a few people can do a lot of damage.

"every muslim i know says the same thing about the events that are going on, it is not a muslim value to incourage violence. so why is it you dont see the nonviolet reactions to this event, why is the sensational violent acts getting so much coverage. why doesnt the media report more about the nonviolent protest."

Yes, it is not a Muslim value to encourage violence such as this. However, not everybody actually knows Islam very well. There is a lot of ignorance going on in the Muslim communities. Look at the countries involved. They have a lot of poverty, a lot of civil unrest, which is a disasterous recipe for violence such as this. WIth this line of thinking, we could excuse Muslims from everything.

Why are non-violent protests covered? Well that's how humans work most of the time. We only really cover the negative stuff. It's done by everybody. Americans, Muslims, Asians, Russians etc. It does not necessarily mean that there is a conspiracy going on.

this event is terrible. i will try to view other media venues before commenting further. bt i know some of the members of this forum live in cairo, so i want to know what they are seeing/feeling not "{some" member in finland (with all due respect your opinion is valuable too,but i want t hear from the egyptian members).

thank you Younes for your continued interest in americas on going issues with middle eastern events.

The Muslim countries need to demand that the US must immediately and unconditionally hand over the person who made this film to face justice in court. The United States must stop harboring such criminals. Such a move would also prevent further protests.

• Like 2

The Muslim countries need to demand that the US must immediately and unconditionally hand over the person who made this film to face justice in court. The United States must stop harboring such criminals. Such a move would also prevent further protests.

Well that is not how it works in the U.S. In our constitution we are entitled to free speach. This means people are free to speak their mind without sensorship. And yes even the stupid get a voice. So needless to say that will not happen.

There is nothing illegal about what this Egyption coptic idiot did, althouh it is extremly distasteful. So if you want complain or destroy things then go after the coptic christians in Egypt. And yes the actors were american, but the movie they made was not about Islam it was about a dessert warrior. Which the actors have said non of the film contains their original dialog. The whole movie was dubbed over. When they tryed to show this movie in LA not one ticket was sold. Nobody wanted to watch it. Its an Egyptian mans film hiding in the states. But its still not illegal to have made or show it.

I still smell foul. I think this whole thing was a work as an excuse to kill the American Ambassador and take a stand against the U.S. in front of the world. Egypt's next move will likely be to ally with Iran.

I still smell foul. I think this whole thing was a work as an excuse to kill the American Ambassador and take a stand against the U.S. in front of the world. Egypt's next move will likely be to ally with Iran.

Stop repeating Islamophobe's statements !

A muslim must not repeat anti-islamic propaganda.

• Like 1

There is nothing illegal about what this Egyption coptic [email protected]#$%^&* did, althouh it is extremly distasteful. So if you want complain or destroy things then go after the coptic christians in Egypt. And yes the actors were american, but the movie they made was not about Islam it was about a dessert warrior. Which the actors have said non of the film contains their original dialog. The whole movie was dubbed over. When they tryed to show this movie in LA not one ticket was sold. Nobody wanted to watch it. Its an Egyptian mans film hiding in the states. But its still not illegal to have made or show it.

Are you Criminal's lawyer !

You have no idea about what u r talking about.

It was reported the director of it was hiding. Associated Press did a careful investigation of the ‘Sam Bacile’ who supposedly directed the hate film, ‘The Innocence of Muslims.’ And AP found that probably he does not exist, but is a persona used by a convicted Coptic Egyptian fraudster, Nakoula .

Egypt-born Coptic Christian man living in the Los Angeles area was a key figure behind the anti-Islam film "Innocence of Muslims," blamed for sparking riots and protests in the Middle East, law enforcement officials told NBC News Thursday.

Nakoula Basseley , who is on probation after being convicted of financial crimes, also was twice sentenced to jail after being found guilty of intent to manufacture methamphetamine in the late 1990s, the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office said.

Court records show that Nakoula also was convicted on federal fraud charges in Los Angeles in 2010. Among the conditions of his probation, Nakoula was barred from using "any online service at any location" without the prior approval of his probation officer, according to a copy of court records in the case.

Federal law enforcement officials are investigating whether Nakoula violated his probation on federal fraud charges in his efforts to promote the movie, an official has confirmed to NBC News.

Are you Criminal's lawyer !

You have no idea about what u r talking about.

It was reported the director of it was hiding. Associated Press did a careful investigation of the ‘Sam Bacile’ who supposedly directed the hate film, ‘The Innocence of Muslims.’ And AP found that probably he does not exist, but is a persona used by a convicted Coptic Egyptian fraudster, Nakoula .

Egypt-born Coptic Christian man living in the Los Angeles area was a key figure behind the anti-Islam film "Innocence of Muslims," blamed for sparking riots and protests in the Middle East, law enforcement officials told NBC News Thursday.

Nakoula Basseley , who is on probation after being convicted of financial crimes, also was twice sentenced to jail after being found guilty of intent to manufacture methamphetamine in the late 1990s, the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office said.

Court records show that Nakoula also was convicted on federal fraud charges in Los Angeles in 2010. Among the conditions of his probation, Nakoula was barred from using "any online service at any location" without the prior approval of his probation officer, according to a copy of court records in the case.

Federal law enforcement officials are investigating whether Nakoula violated his probation on federal fraud charges in his efforts to promote the movie, an official has confirmed to NBC News.

hey [insulting word removed by admin, action taken against poster]! i'm not supporting this donkey! but, no matter what his past crimes were, the fact is he did not break any laws making this offensive movie! we have free speech in US. The news is constantly updating us on him and all others involved. If you want to be angry go after the coptic christians in Egypt! that where he immagrated from and I dislike the christians! I think they are liers who are evil. So stop preaching to the choir! I'm with you!