Islamic Forum
The Shrew

U.s. Ambassador Killed

In addition, we need to focus more than ever on finding alternatives to oil to fuel our society.

Or just use trade, etc. The US could always just buy it peacefully, etc instead of invading nations.

PropellerAds

:sl:

This is so embarrassing.

You should read about how the US treated the Talibans ambassador to Pakistan. Treated him like an animal and put him in prison and he did NOTHING to them. US ambassador to Algeria if I remember correctly got 2 Muslim women drugged and raped them a couple of years ago. I'm not supporting what happened but can't take US seriously when they demand justice for their ambassador but treat others like dirt.

Actually, I was saying Mitt was politicizing it and I didn't say that Obama apologized. I said Mitt had said Obama would apologize. I don't watch Fox News generally.

i totally misread you, i apoligize.

Morsi: Prophet Muhamad is red line no one can cross

President Mohamed Morsi condemned on Thursday 13/9/2012 the film that offends Prophet Muhamad, saying the Prophet is a red line no one can cross.

The President, in a word aired by the Egyptian state television, said for Muslims, Prophet Muhamad and all Muslim sanctities are a red line. "We, Egyptians, reject any kind of insult or disdain to Prophet Muhamad whom we sacrifice with our souls," he said.

Morsi warned that those who are trying to foment sedition and stir up conflicts among the peoples would not succeed. "I know for sure that all peace-loving nations are totally against such practices".

He said killing innocent people is prohibited in Islam, stressing that the freedom of opinion and expression and demonstrations are guaranteed but provided that no public or private property or diplomatic missions are attacked.

"Islam tells us to protect our guests and their place of residence and work. This is a duty on all of us," Morsi added.

Morsi urged Egyptians not to violate law and to refrain from attacking diplomatic missions or embassies, saying "those who are attacking the embassies do not represent any of us. We have all to cooperate and preserve the peaceful ways of opinion expression that are agreed upon in the entire world."

The President offered his condolences over the killing of the US ambassador to Libya during an attack on the US consulate in Benghazi in protest against a US-produced film defaming Prophet Mohamed.

Such acts are prohibited in Islam, he said, adding that he informed US President Barack Obama over the phone of the importance of taking deterrent legal action against those attempting to ruin relations between the Egyptian and American peoples.

"We will firmly stand against those insulting Prophet Muhamad or Islamic sanctuaries and sanctities, but, this does not mean that we will go in the same way they did or attack others," Morsi said.

http://www.sis.gov.eg/En/Story.aspx?sid=63887

President Mohamed Morsy condemned on Thursday the amateur film which many see as offensive to Prophet Mohamed and Islam and which is prompting protests across the region. Morsy called the Prophet a red line that should not be crossed.

We reject any kind of abuse of our Prophet, for whose sake we all sacrifice our souls and our hearts, Morsy said in a statement broadcast on state TV's Channel 1 Thursday morning.

"We do not accept and we consider an enemy anyone who assaults our Prophet through words or deeds," he said. "I represent all the Egyptian people, I deprecate and I stand against whoever tries to abuse or exercise abuse of any kind against our Prophet or any of the Islamic holy sites."

Morsy said he supported peaceful protest but not attacks on embassies, after Egyptians angry at a film made in the US and deemed insulting to the Prophet Mohamed climbed the walls of the US Embassy in Cairo and tore down the American flag.

http://www.egyptindependent.com/news...-embassy-staff

• Like 2

Or just use trade, etc. The US could always just buy it peacefully, etc instead of invading nations.

I'm not in favor of using violence or coercion to acquire resources. We do buy most of our foreign oil from Canada and Mexico. Regardless, oil resources are dwindling and the price will only rise as time goes on. It would be wise to wean ourselves off of the stuff for long-term survival. I'm still holding out for solar, wind, geothermal, tidal, battery storage, supercapacitors, superconductors, and fuel cells to become more efficient more attractive as the price of oil increases. If commercial fusion power became available within my lifetime, that would be a huge leap forward.

You should read about how the US treated the Talibans ambassador to Pakistan. Treated him like an animal and put him in prison and he did NOTHING to them. US ambassador to Algeria if I remember correctly got 2 Muslim women drugged and raped them a couple of years ago. I'm not supporting what happened but can't take US seriously when they demand justice for their ambassador but treat others like dirt.

As-salamu 'alaikum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuh

Well I believe Saracen21 was saying that it is a shame in the light of the fact that it is explicitly haram to kill ambassadors in Islan and the following in general:

(5:8). O you who believe! Stand out firmly for Allah as just witnesses; and let not the enmity and hatred of others make you avoid justice. Be just, that is nearer to Taqwa; and have Taqwa of Allah. Verily, Allah is Well-Acquainted with what you do.)

• Like 2

Interesting to note many protesters in multiple countries flying the Islamic flags rather than their countries nationalist ones. Signs of the awakening of the Ummah?

:i:. Removing evil of nationalism will take some time though. But very happy with this news. ALLAHU AKBAR!!!!

• Like 1

Check out the cool freedom of speech that UK and US like to boast about:

A teenager has been found guilty of posting an offensive Facebook message following the deaths of six British soldiers in Afghanistan.

Azhar Ahmed, 19, of Ravensthorpe, West Yorkshire, was charged with sending a grossly offensive communication.

He told Huddersfield Magistrates Court he accepted the message had been "unacceptable" but had denied it was "grossly offensive".

The judge said his comments were "derogatory" and "inflammatory".

The six soldiers were killed by an improvised explosive device (IED) in Lashkar Gah on 6 March in the deadliest single attack on British forces in Afghanistan since 2001.

Sgt Nigel Coupe, 33, of 1st Battalion The Duke of Lancaster's Regiment, was killed alongside Cpl Jake Hartley, 20, Pte Anthony Frampton, 20, Pte Christopher Kershaw, 19, Pte Daniel Wade, 20, and Pte Daniel Wilford, 21, all of 3rd Battalion the Yorkshire Regiment.

'So upsetting'

The offensive message, which said "all soldiers should die and go to hell", was posted by Ahmed just two days later on 8 March.

Ahmed told the court he was only trying to make his point that many other deaths in Afghanistan were being ignored and added he had no idea it would cause so much upset.

He said he replied with apologies to many people who commented on his Facebook page and when some told him they had lost relatives in Afghanistan he realised how serious it was.

"That's when I realised it was unacceptable for them to see something so upsetting and distressing, to write something like that," he added.

District Judge Jane Goodwin said Ahmed's Facebook remarks were "derogatory, disrespectful and inflammatory".

He will be sentenced later.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-leeds-19604735

Yet they preach to us about freedom of speech when they insult our beloved Prophet(saw). Hypocritical much?

• Like 2

Sheikh Ibn Taymiyah:

It was a well known experience to the Muslim soldiers in Syria that when they besieged an enemy fortress, the siege would always be prolonged and very difficult until the enemy started cursing the Prophet (peace be upon him). When the Muslims got word of this, it was a glad tiding to them of a near victory. They knew that they would soon take the fortress and that Allah would have His vengeance on the enemy. The Muslims have experienced this many times. [ibn Taymiyya, al-Jawâb Al-Sahîh Liman Badal Dîn Al-Masîh - vol. 6 p. 296].

As Allah says: "Truly, he who insults you will be truly cut off from future hope." [sûrah al-Kawthar: 3]

When Chosroes of Persia tore up the letter the Prophet (peace be upon him) had sent him, Allah tore Persia apart. In contrast, Heracles treated his letter with respect, and his nation endured for ages."

Google will not remove anti-Islam film from YouTube following White House request for review

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/14/white-house-asks-youtube-to-review-anti-Islam-film/

BOYCOTT GOOGLE!

This is how one should react to something. If you disagree do not kill them for allowing this kind of thing but you can refuse to use their products. I am refusing to use anything tied to Google including YouTube

oh and btw I read somewhere that they caught the guy actually behind the making of the video and he still will be facing jail time for probation violation.

:i:. Removing evil of nationalism will take some time though. But very happy with this news. ALLAHU AKBAR!!!!

You may remove "nationalism " but you will never remove tribalism , therefore removing nationalism will not put an end to violence in the human condition .

First of all no one knows if there even IS a movie .This was a poorly made 14 minute trailer , that was made tricking even the actors .It was then communicated , that a movie was on the internet , to an anti-western Egyptian tv newscaster , who ignited the fire .

The man behind the film an Egyptian Copt who is on parole for check fraud , was jailed for violating his parole , which all that U.S. Law could jail him for .

The sad conclusion I have come to is , even if it were just rumor , the resulting riots and death of innocents would have happened anyway .The internet can be used as a deadly weapon .

The man who made the movie , as well as the Egyptian Newscaster have innocent blood on their hands just as sure as the rioters .For yes there were 4 Americans killed but 58 people worldwide , most of which were muslims themselves .And as information comes forward , it's pointing toward Al Queda as the actual killers in Benghazi , the riots simply provided them an opportunity to strike at the U .S.

Such is the world we live in .