Islamic Forum
AHMAD_73

All Foods Are Clean!

in a previous thread a RC friend declared that all kind of food are clean to the RC fellow based on these verses from the NT,

This verse pertains I think what you are asking it is from Acts 10. The verses are taken from the Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible.

[11] And he saw the heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending, as it were a great linen sheet let down by the four corners from heaven to the earth: [12] Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts, and creeping things of the earth, and fowls of the air. [13] And there came a voice to him: Arise, Peter; kill and eat. [14] But Peter said: Far be it from me; for I never did eat any thing that is common and unclean. [15] And the voice spoke to him again the second time: That which God hath cleansed, do not thou call common.[16] And this was done thrice; and presently the vessel was taken up into heaven.

i have some further inquiries for the RC, and other sects of Christians as well,

1- "all manner of fourfooted beasts, and creeping things of the earth, and fowls of the air", that means donkeys, dogs, geckos, lizards, monkeys, cats, rates, hyenas, crows, eagles, falcons,lions, wolves, crocodiles, flies, mosquetos, all kind of scavenging animals .... etc are ok to be eaten by the CC??

2- kill and eat......how to kill?!! in the arabic translations as well as some english translations this verb is "إذبح , slay, slaughter" just like the jews used to do. cut the two main veins in the front part of the neck and so the heart will keep pumping the blood outside the animal. some may support such understanding specially that Peter who used to slay his animals didn't argue with the voice as there is no thing strange to him. how the CC kill their animals?

3- things strangled are forbidden. what about dead animals, other than "strangled", killed by lion, fall dead from a cliff,.....etc , is it ok to be eaten?

4- lightly cooked meat with blood in it, as far as i know many weasterers kill the animals by electric shock or pullets to the head or may be smoke which will keep liters of blood in the animal, and which will keep be blood (bloody meat) when lightly cooked........is it ok for CC?

5- that which God hath cleansed, do not thou call common, isn't the god who made unclean in the OT, or Peter?!!

another thing i like to ask about,

{5:8} For he said unto him, Come out of the man, [thou] unclean spirit. {5:9} And he asked him, What [is] thy name? And he answered, saying,My name [is] Legion: for we are many. {5:10} And he be sought him much that he would not send hem away outof the country. {5:11} Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding. {5:12} And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them. {5:13} And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea.

6- who was caring about raising unclean swines(as they believed at the time of Jesus and before) , in these massive numbers, in Jerusalem, at the time of the Christ?

7- why did Christ, for more than once, bestow all the devils/unclean spirits into swines, not any other animal?

8- who did compensate the owners of these swines for their loss?

in a previous thread a RC friend declared that all kind of food are clean to the RC fellow based on these verses from the NT,

i have some further inquiries for the RC, and other sects of Christians as well,

1- "all manner of fourfooted beasts, and creeping things of the earth, and fowls of the air", that means donkeys, dogs, geckos, lizards, monkeys, cats, rates, hyenas, crows, eagles, falcons,lions, wolves, crocodiles, flies, mosquetos, all kind of scavenging animals .... etc are ok to be eaten by the CC??

It means like you assume all animals. I the context the word all means just that. Unless that animal has been used for a pagan sacrifice. Now are there animals that are much tastyer than others yes. There are animals that I would not eat lest it was life or death.

2- kill and eat......how to kill?!! in the arabic translations as well as some english translations this verb is "إذبح , slay, slaughter" just like the jews used to do. cut the two main veins in the front part of the neck and so the heart will keep pumping the blood outside the animal. some may support such understanding specially that Peter who used to slay his animals didn't argue with the voice as there is no thing strange to him. how the CC kill their animals?

The Bible in this passage does not specify. One could assume that the animal should be killed the way Jews or Muslims do as Peter was a Jew. But that is only a asumption. My prefered method of obtaining my meat is to hunt for it. But that is just me. But normaly in the west we just buy our meat from the grocer. This unfortinatly means mass slaughter methods (electricution ect...) Not my prefered way. But in the US unless you know a farmer or hunt for it you are left with little choise in the matter.

3- things strangled are forbidden. what about dead animals, other than "strangled", killed by lion, fall dead from a cliff,.....etc , is it ok to be eaten?

Now in Acts it does not specify dead animals. Now commonsense at some point has to kick in. A animal dead and crawling with worms. Anyone with commonsense would not touch it. Most of what you have mentioned to me would be extream servival situations. Though I have kept deer that I have hit with my car. Though they are usualy alive after I hit them. And no it was not on purpose and has only happened a couple of times in my life.

4- lightly cooked meat with blood in it, as far as i know many weasterers kill the animals by electric shock or pullets to the head or may be smoke which will keep liters of blood in the animal, and which will keep be blood (bloody meat) when lightly cooked........is it ok for CC?

Honestly most in the west don't look that close at their diet. Or the mannor in witch it was killed. I will eat a very lightly cooked steak as the CC has not spoken out against it.

5- that which God hath cleansed, do not thou call common, isn't the god who made unclean in the OT, or Peter?!!

Yes God put down the law on what and what not to eat in the OT. It was also God who made it clean in the NT to Peter. Peter did not make it clean. Peter actually balked at what God revield to him if you read the chapter. Here is a link http://www.drbo.org/chapter/51010.htm

another thing i like to ask about,

6- who was caring about raising unclean swines(as they believed at the time of Jesus and before) , in these massive numbers, in Jerusalem, at the time of the Christ?

7- why did Christ, for more than once, bestow all the devils/unclean spirits into swines, not any other animal?

8- who did compensate the owners of these swines for their loss?

These would of been gentiles. I don't understand what you are asking in 7. The Bible does not state. There may have been non. So officaly the answer on 8 is IDK.