Islamic Forum
male

Feeling Depressed Help!

Salam waleikum rahmatullah wabrakatu.

I have been feeling really down for the past few days simply because my good friend (who isnt muslim) got a tattoo for me. Hes my best friend and he loves tattoos but he got one just for me. I feel like im responsible for this :-( although he said he was gunna get a tattoo for me i didnt really stop him. All i said was no dont bother and then never really cared. He said what represents us ad i told him. Next day he comes to me with the tattoo. I didnt think he was that serious. I dont know how to feel. I mean he has hundreds of tattoos but this one particular one is making me feel like im responsible and ill be accountable for it in the day of judgement. Any help? Or similar stories? I need some peace of mind :-(

Jazakallah kheir brothers n sisters

PropellerAds

Wa 'alaikumu as-salamu wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuh

I don't see anything in your story which indicates that you would be responsible for him taking a tattoo. You told him not to bother. It's not like you are his guardian or something.

Since you two seem to be very close you should call him to Islam, if you have not done so already. Knowing Allah and warning about Hell is more important than a tattoo.

Jazaka Allah khair

Salam brother Younes.

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it. Believe me for the past 10 years ive known him we've sat and chatted about Islam alot. He loves Islam and says if he had to believe in a religion and god Islam would be the answer. But he says religion is not him. Inshallah one day he chooses the right path and may Allah guide him. I pray all my close friends that are not muslims come to Islam.

Salam brother Younes.

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it. Believe me for the past 10 years ive known him we've sat and chatted about Islam alot. He loves Islam and says if he had to believe in a religion and god Islam would be the answer. But he says religion is not him. Inshallah one day he chooses the right path and may Allah guide him. I pray all my close friends that are not muslims come to Islam.

Following a certain religion is like following a certain pathway in life. Imagine that Life is a forest surrounded by many pathways, each pathway leading to a place that will inevitably (sp?) become your eternal home. If you choose the right way you're lucky, and if you deliberately, ignorantly or mistakenly choose a wrong path it'll only be your fault. And if you don't choose a path you remain lost and confused?

So it's necessary to have a religion, and it's even more necessary that you follow the correct religion or shall we say the correct path that leads to your welfare insha-Allah on Judgment Day.

Allah Subhaanahu wa Ta'aala created mankind with the main purpose to worship Him. I think the majority of mankind do worship Allah but some of them do so in a wrong way, like some Christians would say that they believe in God (Allah) but that He has a son etc. Astaghfarullah. Those who don't fulfill the purpose of being created (to worship God Allah) and choose not to have a religion live lives without any purpose... and what is the point of living a life without any purpose? Your living on Allah's land (earth) would just be useless.

May Allah have mercy on us and forgive our sins and mistakes and guide us to all that pleases Him Subhaanahu wa Ta'aala. Ameen.

Allah knows best.

Salam brother Younes.

Just imagine a 'royal king' who has appointed servants to serve him. Some of his servants dutifully obey all of his commands, others try their best to obey him though oftentimes commit some minor or even major mistakes, while there are a small group of his servants who do nothing at all but just explore the royal king's palace like it's a musuem when they're supposed to be 'serving' the king and doing their obligations. What do you think would the king's opinion be of those lot? Useless. Those who devotedly follow a certain religion are far better in my opinion than those who don't have a religion claiming that the world would be at peace if there was no such thing as 'religion'.

If you understand what I mean insha-Allah then good for you, if not then May Allah guide you to understanding Islam. Ameen.

Wasalaam

Salam waleikum rahmatullah wabrakatu.

I have been feeling really down for the past few days simply because my good friend (who isnt muslim) got a tattoo for me. Hes my best friend and he loves tattoos but he got one just for me. I feel like im responsible for this :-( although he said he was gunna get a tattoo for me i didnt really stop him. All i said was no dont bother and then never really cared. He said what represents us ad i told him. Next day he comes to me with the tattoo. I didnt think he was that serious. I dont know how to feel. I mean he has hundreds of tattoos but this one particular one is making me feel like im responsible and ill be accountable for it in the day of judgement. Any help? Or similar stories? I need some peace of mind :-(

Jazakallah kheir brothers n sisters

Waalaikumsalam,

I think it is not your fault at all,moreover you have tried to prevent him doing so. Don't worry,Allah will never make you responsible for other's doing. So relax now and do your duty as muslim as usual,while keep trying to call your bestfriend to Islam :)

Wassalam

Brother this is not your fault...you forbid him.....you are not responsible for his deeds and actions and if he created tatto of yours then it is till not your fault...don't be depress....still if you feel that recite surah naas for your depression!